Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 912 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2014, 12:25 Steele Johnson

"Outage of Adobe Creative Cloud, more than a day old, locked out app users."

I can't take the red eye out of my family picture because I'm not connected to the cloud. lol

Looks like the Adobe cloud subscription model is working out for everyone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
18. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 23:41 Steele Johnson

One of the best games I've ever played. I'd buy it again for a pc version.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
13. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 11, 2014, 01:31 Steele Johnson

Who cares? It's probably the last generation of consoles anyway.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 14:05 Steele Johnson

ASeven wrote on May 5, 2014, 12:39:
Prison Architect is criminally fun. Anyone who loved the old tycoon games should get this one. Despite the theme the game really is fun to play. Perhaps the best tycoon game since Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

I don't buy games that have been in alpha for years. Do you work for them or something?

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
24. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 14:01 Steele Johnson

Everyone knew this sh!t was going to happen after the sale to Facebook. This is just one example of why the community was against the Facebook deal. First of all, too much exposure to a pile of money. Secondly, Facebook lost in a similar lawsuit in the past. Thirdly, it's obviously a politically driven project (what they didn't want). Personally, I think they shouldn't have sold out to the behemoth that is Facebook and just continued to try and fund it privately with private investors. They could have gotten enough interest given the technology and the people working on the project. But greed got to them, too, so I really can't give them any sympathy for what's happening, even if there are no damages.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 4, 2014, 15:09 Steele Johnson

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 4, 2014, 14:37:
Windows 8 sucks

You've just earned the "I'm cool" badge of the day.

How about this, clicking one checkbox makes win8 a better win7. But I know that's too confusing to the hipsters.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 4, 2014, 12:36 Steele Johnson

"iOS7 style changes coming to Mac OS X"

Cool, now all the hipster Windows 8 haters have something new to complain about. The general hipster uses Mac OS X for their desktop (because they've abandoned Windows), and Android phones because the iPhone is too "mainstream". So now what will they do? Switch to Chromebooks? Yup! lol

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2014, 15:29 Steele Johnson

"Whatever happened to Blu-ray?"

Convenience over quality. What applies to music downloads also applies to movies. People care more about ease of use and convenience than the quality of picture and sound. Those two things are more like a bonus than a "must have". A "must have" is a Netflix streaming account, not a Blu-ray player.

News Comments > H1Z1 Gameplay Footage
4. Re: H1Z1 Gameplay Footage Apr 30, 2014, 15:11 Steele Johnson

Looks like the original Medal of Honor with zombies. Zzzzzzz...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
155. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 14, 2014, 02:08 Steele Johnson

Kickstarter fail?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
20. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 13:28 Steele Johnson

Why is that a problem? Everyone is moving to digital distribution whether you like it or not. Get over it and welcome to 2010.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
50. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 16:40 Steele Johnson

BitWraith wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:28:
Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:25:
With 5 million people registered for beta, itís clear that a large number of fans are eager to jump online and experience everything the game has to offer play an MMO for free to see if it's any good.

Let us know how many people subscribe after their first month is over.

I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.

They said the same thing about FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and their servers are still jammed with players. I doubt any mmo will ever come close to what Blizzard achieved. Even Blizzard won't make that happen again. That was just a good game with the right timing. Like a lot of fluky success stories. The state of this genre now is that if you're looking for something completely new, you're not going to get it (yet), but if you love the genre (like you love FPS, RTS, etc), you'll most likely enjoy ESO.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation in October
10. Re: Alien: Isolation in October Mar 29, 2014, 19:13 Steele Johnson

This game should have co-op campaign. If it did, I'd buy it full price out of the gate. But since it's single-player only, gonna wait a long while when i can pick it up for $7.  

News Comments > WildStar Bonus Beta Weekend
3. Re: WildStar Bonus Beta Weekend Mar 28, 2014, 22:30 Steele Johnson

PropheT wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 21:22:
Got invited to this and logged on to play a bit, and all I really had to say afterward was that the UI is godawful. Whether it was simple navigation on character creation menus, or trying to tell which chat bubble that was up on the screen was the one I was actually involved in, or figure out what a quest reward was from a 3 pixel icon it gives there's just nothing good about the UI. The entire thing needs to be scrapped completely and redone.

I think it plays ok, and it looks good, but interacting with the game is migraine inducing.

You'd think that there has been enough of these games to know what works and what doesn't. Why do they have to reinvent the wheel? Just borrow good designs from other games and be done with it.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
11. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Early Access Mar 27, 2014, 23:29 Steele Johnson

The one thing that's missing from this whole "early access" paradigm is that there's no return of investment (ROI). I would happily pay for early access and contribute to the success of the game by giving feedback while playing, but only if there was something in return. I can think of at least 10 things. ; )  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
149. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 16:43 Steele Johnson

Pros: a lot of money to do what they want. Cons: big corporate politics will ruin anything that's good.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 16:39 Steele Johnson

"Your friend, <name> has just invited you to Candy Crush VR."  

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
43. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 10:30 Steele Johnson

Feed a troll, ruin a thread. Good going, guys.  

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
14. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 19:08 Steele Johnson

Seems more fun than ESO after watching gameplay vids of both. Subscription doesn't bother me for sandpark game like this. Looks like there will be lots to do and a nice focus on grouping (co-op).  

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Mar 17, 2014, 22:58 Steele Johnson

I actually think I'm gonna hold off on this one for a while. After watching all the gameplay vids, it just doesn't seem like a $60 + sub game. To charge that kind of money, it better truly be next gen mind-blowing game, and it's not. It unfortunately seems like a "too late to the game" game.

I hate to say this, but Wildstar looks more fun. :-hides-:

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 01:59.

912 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo