Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 913 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:38 Steele Johnson

Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:27:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:09:
Why do something different if each iteration continues to sell millions of copies? People love these games, and if you don't, it's tough sh1t for you. Go complain about WoW clones or something.

I guess there are A LOT of people that just like to keep shelling out money for the same ol' recycled CoD games that have nothing really new and/or creative when it comes right down to it. My Nephew told me the setting of BO2 is in the future, but to me that is kind of like spraying perfume on a turd to mask the smell, even though its obvious it is still a turd.

Okay, first off I donít see any relevance to your answer here. The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.

So how does this game in any way translate to being rehashed? Iím confused about your comments!! And letís set the record straight, this is Black Ops, not Call of Duty. Two complete different games.

That's just ignorance of the game bashing troll, who probably got his ass handed to him when playing a previous version of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:36 Steele Johnson

MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:27:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:09:
Why do something different if each iteration continues to sell millions of copies? People love these games, and if you don't, it's tough sh1t for you. Go complain about WoW clones or something.

I guess there are A LOT of people that just like to keep shelling out money for the same ol' recycled CoD games that have nothing really new and/or creative when it comes right down to it. My Nephew told me the setting of BO2 is in the future, but to me that is kind of like spraying perfume on a turd to mask the smell, even though its obvious it is still a turd.

Yes, people shell out money for games they are familiar with and enjoy playing, even with slightly new features like gfx upgrade, new gameplay modes, etc, etc. I can think of at least 10 old games I wish I could play right now that were remade and polished to meet today's platform and gameplay standards. So yes, you hit the nail on the head. That's why they keep selling.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2012, 13:31 Steele Johnson

This guy did a great job! I think Windows 8 is definitely the right direction for MS. They now have one over on the competition; 1 OS for all platforms. That is generally the only way for MS to pick up the pace and catch up to Apple and Google. I've got Windows 8 installed at work and absolutely love it! Sure, the UI takes a bit to get used to (because it's new), but the underlying management of resources, etc, etc, is so much better than previous versions.

And complaining about a missing button just shows how ignorant you are and how easily confused by new technology. Go back in your cave.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:09 Steele Johnson

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 27, 2012, 10:50 Steele Johnson

I think I'm the only one that likes the new OS. The new resource and memory management alone makes me like it better than 7. I installed it on an SSD, and boot time is like turning on a light switch. I've also downloaded an addon that gives me the start menu. But you know what? I uninstalled it and I'm just using the new interface. Once you get used to it, you realize that on a day-to-day basis, you only use about 20 apps and they're all easily accessed right on the first screen after bootup. So I really don't know what everyone is talking about. It's different, but it's really easy to use.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 15:35 Steele Johnson

NicklePop wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 12:47:
I couldn't disagree more with the majority of responses here. I've put in well over 100 hours into the game.

There are absolutely massive battles going on, at LEAST 200 v 200 in a a small area. Now that the Sunderer is essentially an AMS (spawn point) people are parking them right outside bases and the team flows in at a massive rate.

Shooting mechanics are vastly superior to PS1, almost on par with BF3.

Certs are a little dicey yet, and draw too much from BF3. Also the fun little things about PS1 like nanite runs and other support related tasks are missing (thank the 'new' moron gamer).

Squads/outfits/platoons have voice chat in game, very nice.

So in summary, what this game needs is a bit more PS1 meta game and some more interesting and distinctive certs, and will be legendary.

^ this will probably happen.

So ... why they are releasing now? Not sure, but I hope it doesn't hurt the game, because it's going to be fantastic in 6 months.

I agree with this. I'm not sure what you other guys have been playing. Just the other night I was in a massive battle as soon as I logged in and it was incredibly fun! There's so many ways you can help your faction take control... it keeps everything really interesting!

I hope that the people who have never played it and are still on the fence don't base their decision on the naysayers. This game has the potential to be one of the most memorable games in the past 10 years. I do agree about the certs; a minor detail to fix. And I think they can still tweak armor/firepower, but those are the kind of things that always require adjustments out of the gate. Can't wait for this to go live!!

22. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 17:11 Steele Johnson

Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:09:
Ya, I need firepower for both my work and my gaming that tablets and phones simply can't deliver. I expect the next generation of gaming consoles will have a trickle down effect of boosting pc hardware needs in order to keep up.

Yeah, but I give it another year or two (given the Intel pipeline), and mobile devices will have more than enough power to do most tasks. Just a matter of time... you'll see.

21. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 17:09 Steele Johnson

You don't need a pc for typing. You can currently buy a doc for your iOS or Android phone that has a monitor and a keyboard. So yeah, the pc and Mac are generally not needed anymore for the average consumer (especially with things like MS Office coming to iOS, Android, and WinPhone8).  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
48. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 15:41 Steele Johnson

Bucky wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:11:
I don't care about the XCOM legacy, because I never played the originals. It's why I'm able to just sit down and enjoy a damn good game.

That's right! And you're not missing much either, because they basically pulled out all the useless shit the older game had and replaced it with something that makes the game more fun. Don't listen to these bozos that say the game is dumbed down. They're dumbed down because they're stuck in the past and don't know what to do when something changes or evolves. The same people still insist the earth is flat, too.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 3, 2012, 00:46 Steele Johnson

I upgraded my ipad to ios6 and I'm not experiencing any problems. I love the new features and I think the battery actually lasts longer now.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
27. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 22:16 Steele Johnson

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 16:14:
Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 13:25:

Not to mention the fact that most women hate Star Wars and sci-fi themed games.

Ignorant much?

Why, are you one of those female Star Wars fans who kind of looks like a guy with long hair? No, I included you in my calculation. I said "most" women.

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 14:18 Steele Johnson

Tumbler wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 13:55:
I'd hate to be the guy that convinced the board of directors that a current gen Star Wars themed mmo is going to make us billions of dollars because the genre is booming and there are no signs of subscription-based mmos dying anytime soon. What a bunch of dumbasses. Do they even play games?

Eh...I think this was a good idea at the start that just got executed poorly. When it was launched it was basically an amusement park with a lot of broken rides. Leadership needed to recognize the importance of getting less content completed to an acceptable level rather than getting as much content started as possible and then expecting players to just stick around while they finished building it all.

The flashpoints were a cool idea but were essentially broken because you have to get this very specific group together to run them. Why couldn't the flashpoint adjust difficulty to match the players coming in. If there are 4 Imperial agents that want to run a flashpoint then tweak the difficulty so they can do it.

The PvP matching system worked great...for imperials! Took very little time to start a game...but then there were 3 maps!?

Space combat looked good for most of the game then abruptly stopped once you hit 50. You make me wait till lvl 50 to use proton torpedoes then there is nothing to use them on!?

The side kick companion system was working well until you get a healer...then there is no point in using anything else! And you get 5 or 6? of them and can only use one...why not let players use all of them at once on special missions!? (or at least 3)

So many things were moving in the right direction and just never got fleshed out.

Sure, there might have been some cool ideas, but the problem, as I said, is that it's a subscription-based current gen mmo in the Star Wars universe. And that was a problem at the time it was announced. No "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it. It was a bad idea all around, every way you look at it.

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 13:25 Steele Johnson

I'd hate to be the guy that convinced the board of directors that a current gen Star Wars themed mmo is going to make us billions of dollars because the genre is booming and there are no signs of subscription-based mmos dying anytime soon. What a bunch of dumbasses. Do they even play games?

Not to mention the fact that most women hate Star Wars and sci-fi themed games.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
27. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 16, 2012, 16:09 Steele Johnson

Is this game fun? Oh wait, I'll go check the faq.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2012, 22:20 Steele Johnson

They say that kind of thing before every new iteration of consoles. Never happens. Jurassic Park came out in '93 and even current pc games still don't look as good.  

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
32. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 22:11 Steele Johnson

Hopefully the executives finally realize that they suck at making mmos.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2012, 16:48 Steele Johnson

"The coroner has warned after hearing that the 14 year old loves listening to music, warns parents that they shouldn't let their children listen to music."  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends Aug 31, 2012, 21:03 Steele Johnson

I can see myself playing this one for a long time.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2012, 14:51 Steele Johnson

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 12:52:
I have Sprint Galaxy S III, and love it. Battery life is awesome, and it's very smooth and responsive. Haven't had any problem with it so far. Screen looks great too.

Apple really has no room to bitch about ripping stuff off anyway. Their company was built on that too. Most of their patents are ridiculous and should never have been granted in the first place. The patent office is full of morons (or at least run by them) and the whole system is out of control.

Apple doesn't set the patent laws.

Also, if you designed something that took you years to complete, using all your time, energy, and money, and then someone copied it in just a few months and started selling more than you, would you be happy? I think not. Copying innovation, blocks advancement. If Samsung has to redesign to sell phone, who knows, maybe they're come out with something groundbreaking. That's the idea. Copying doesn't do any good at all.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2012, 20:12 Steele Johnson

I'd be freakin' pissed if I worked on something for 5 years using my own hard-earned money and all that time, only for someone else (a much bigger company) to come along and blatantly rip off my design and start selling it in just a few months! I'm glad Samsung lost. This kind of copying stalls technology because it does not encourage innovation. Apple and Samsung aside, this shouldn't happen to anyone! I hope the injunction goes through! No one should be able to sell a flippin' copy of my idea!! Think about if it was your idea! You'd be pissed too.  

913 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo