Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 920 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition
11. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:41 Steele Johnson

C'mon you bunch of wusses! Suck up April Fool's, you bunch of party poopers. What, are you pissed that you got fooled? That's what it's all about, you sissies!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
32. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 21, 2013, 00:37 Steele Johnson

Moog wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:48:
I’ve met virtually no one…who I think is close to as good a game designer as I am.

Because Tabula Rasa was *such* a good game!

Should have left that ego in orbit.

Imo, Tabula Rasa was one of the best mmos ever created. Its demise was due to poor marketing and bad timing. It had zero to do with game design.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
34. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center Mar 14, 2013, 12:45 Steele Johnson

Crustacean Soup wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 01:49:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 22:54:
I have no idea what some of you guys are talking about. This game has to be one of the easiest shooters I've ever played, and shooters aren't even my favorite genre. You enter the game, hit insert key to auto join a team, you select a class (which is very self explanatory), you click on the team lead and select deploy. Now you're with your unit either defending or attacking the enemy who has a different colored uniform. As you play, you easily figure out what your class can do, or maybe go to a vehicle terminal and easily figure out what the vehicles do. Please, someone tell me what the difficulty is.

I've been playing this game for a while now, just a little less these days because frankly I'm getting bored with how easy and mindless it really is.
Not sure if I can say "one of the easiest". When I started playing it wasn't immediately clear what the objectives were, how to go about accomplishing them, why everyone was standing around, why there was a building we couldn't enter that people were still spawning in, how to get up to a biolab, how to find the squad leader or what world he was on, etc.

Basic gameplay mechanics are easy, and getting kills is easy, but there could be some better explanations on "big picture" things.

They had a noobie guide during beta. A quick google search is all you need to find a "beginner's guide". I wish they would spend time adding more gameplay mechanics than a hand-holding tutorial. Crap like that is going to hurt the game, not make it better.

And gamers wonder why triple A titles are getting dumbed down.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2013, 23:12 Steele Johnson

I think Blizzard justified their long dev cycles by releasing amazing games. But Diablo 3 was horrible, so they're now different from what they were. Now they spend a really long time developing crappy games. That's kind of the worst place you'd want to be.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
30. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center Mar 13, 2013, 22:54 Steele Johnson

I have no idea what some of you guys are talking about. This game has to be one of the easiest shooters I've ever played, and shooters aren't even my favorite genre. You enter the game, hit insert key to auto join a team, you select a class (which is very self explanatory), you click on the team lead and select deploy. Now you're with your unit either defending or attacking the enemy who has a different colored uniform. As you play, you easily figure out what your class can do, or maybe go to a vehicle terminal and easily figure out what the vehicles do. Please, someone tell me what the difficulty is.

I've been playing this game for a while now, just a little less these days because frankly I'm getting bored with how easy and mindless it really is.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
81. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 18:29 Steele Johnson

I'm surprised about all the news for this title. A crappy game usually gets a couple posts, and then it's gone for good. Why the extra news content for this failure of a game? Oh that's right, Blue is not a big fan of EA. lol  

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
19. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 17:52 Steele Johnson

I'm glad I avoided this steaming pile. What a train wreck! But I do love how embarrassing it is for EA!

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2013, 17:58.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
72. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 20:30 Steele Johnson

What's the free game going to be, Bejeweled? lol  

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
48. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 16:02 Steele Johnson

All the Ultima fanboys will hate it no matter how good it turns out.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports
17. Re: The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports Mar 1, 2013, 01:24 Steele Johnson

Please, no VAT-like system. Makes the game drag for little benefit if any at all.  

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced
34. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 13:40 Steele Johnson

Until there's a great game that requires this type of horse power (and actually makes a difference), no need to upgrade. It's the software that's needed, not the hardware.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 18, 2013, 02:53 Steele Johnson

Aliens: Colonial Marines, so disappointing. That game could have been soooo good!  

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
10. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 17, 2013, 02:21 Steele Johnson

I think it's a very underrated game.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2013, 15:38 Steele Johnson

It will be for a tv, not iPhone.  

News Comments > Omerta – City of Gangsters Demo
7. Re: Omerta – City of Gangsters Demo Jan 24, 2013, 11:25 Steele Johnson

Is it WoW with mobs? Real mobs?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2013, 14:38 Steele Johnson

I still don't understand why people call Win8 schizophrenic when using keyboard and mouse. I NEVER use the metro based screen that's used for touch screen purposes. My machine boots right to the desktop just like win7. No difference. And all the commands that I need that were once accessed through the dumb start menu (something I've always hated about older windows os versions) can be accessed from the desktop without the start menu. If you can't adjust to new things, don't complain about them. It's your own limitation.

After watching (listening) to the video, I really just walked away thinking that the guys refused (or was too stupid) to learn anything new. He might have had a couple good points, but most of what he said was just ignorant. Going on and saying that no one uses the Windows key was the best part. Well, no one uses the Windows key in the previous os versions is because it wasn't that useful. If he spent the time actually learning what it can do in Windows 8, I think he's be surprised how useful it finally is!! DOH!

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2013, 14:59.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
38. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 17:09 Steele Johnson

I love Windows 8. So many improvements over Win7. It's too bad everyone is listening to the naysayers. Here are some of the things I really like:

- Boot time and shutdown time is nearly instantaneous. While your Win7 machine is chugging along loading drivers and allocating resources during boot, I'm already in a game playing.

- Syncing my settings between home machine and work machine. If I make changes on one, I can enable the change on any number of my machines without having to drill through the settings all over again.

- No more 3rd party antivirus. The new Windows Defender is built right in and doesn't bog down your machine (and actually works quite well).

- Factory Reset (i.e Refresh)! If something goes wrong, no need to dig around for installation disks, etc,. Everything is there, hidden away for a clean reset.

- Native ISO support.

- Way better resource management. All my apps that are resource hogs run much faster under Win8. Including a lot of my games.

- The Task Manager is actually useful now.

- Search functionality makes way more sense and is much faster.

- Keyboard shortcuts are so useful. You rarely need the mouse to get around the system and it's actually a faster way to navigate.

- Who needs a start menu when you have a nice small menu that has everything you need? Right-click lower left corner and voila! Everything you need.

- File History. Much better than Windows Backup and Restore. Makes way more sense!

- You can disable the Metro interface if you don't want to use it. I configure to boot right to the desktop.

- Windows To Go. If you want to use Win8 on your friend's slow Win7 machine, just plugin your flash drive and everything is compatible.

- Create your own app groups for easy access. Again, no need for a start menu or a cluttered desktop. All your most used apps are grouped nicely and easy to find.

- Multi-monitor support is MUCH better!

- SkyDrive is seamless and very useful!

- Storage Spaces is quite nice. Pool both internal and network drives to appear as one drive on your system (no more of that tedious drive letter navigation crap).

- Supports a lot more file types natively without having to download 3rd party readers, etc (e.g. PDF reader, etc).

I could go on and on. I thought I'd offer something a little positive over the average negative naysayer who's afraid of change.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 20, 2012, 08:50 Steele Johnson

Tablets are just way more convenient than a laptop and specifically a desktop. Desktop pcs are only for people who want the monster size graphics card (pc enthusiast), and most laptops don't have a good touch screen. The best thing MS can do is push their business software as much as possible. Build its office suite and make it really easy to sync those apps with all devices (phone, tablet, laptop). That's really the only way they can catch up to Apple and Google. Otherwise, all consumers will eventually be using iOS or Android. Why buy a pc when you have an iPhone, iPad, or Android device? There's just no reason unless you need it for something those platforms don't offer. In this case, business software. So yes, in the end, it's all about the software, not the hardware.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2012, 19:18 Steele Johnson

Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:53:
Nice little update to the ToS there, Facebook. Being able to sell someone's photos in perpetuity? Sounds classy.

And yet hundreds of millions of people will gladly bend over and take it up the ass, because, well, after all, there's a Like button!

Creston

I love how all the people who have pirated software for years are now complaining that some company is selling their photos. LMFAO!!!!! Now there's karma biting you in the ASS!!

News Comments > HAWKEN Beta Opens
14. Re: HAWKEN Beta Opens Dec 13, 2012, 19:42 Steele Johnson

Here we go again. The insatiable gamer trying to sway any hope that a currently unfinished game is destined to fail. Geeze, just by watching youtube vids of the gameplay shows that this game definitely requires skill-based strategy. Looks good to me so far!  

920 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo