Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 910 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
101. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 23:46 Steele Johnson

Cool, now all you pc gamers can make your own console. lol

Remember, you can only play Steam games with this, so you know what more game devs are going to do, right? Ditch Steam, and then all you'll have is new TF2 hats. lol

Game devs are starting to make more money on phone and tablet games anyway. I'd be surprised if this does anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 08:27 Steele Johnson

I'm getting an xboner for sure! Can't wait!  

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
48. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 13, 2013, 08:25 Steele Johnson

Earned only 93 million in April. Yeah, they're stuggling to survive.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 26, 2013, 22:46 Steele Johnson

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 15:10:
I've actually found the opposite. Most of my tech related friends just disable Metro and move on. Most of the casuals can't find anything and end up frustrated. I've actually run into a few people who refuse to buy a PC anymore because of Windows 8, insisting on going with a Mac instead for some odd reason. It has a lot of Vista style stigma going on with the general public I've found.

Yeah, insist on going with Mac OSX which has its own set of frustrating interface issues that have ALWAYS been there.

Seriously, all you win8 bashers sound like a bunch of non tech savvy casual users who wouldn't know where to find the flippin' shutdown button if it was staring you in the face! haha! My win8 machine is so freakin' easy to use and performs better than any of their oses to date. Learn how to use a modern pc or just go back to your tablets! haha!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 20:39 Steele Johnson

Techie714 wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:47:
I really wanted to jump on the bash the new Splinter Cell band wagon, but it's getting some solid reviews...I'll have to add this to the Wishlist.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist
http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/
http://www.ign.com/games/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/pc-75427

So you bash games based on reviews? That's an interesting sheep-like approach! lol

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 25, 2013, 01:54 Steele Johnson

I actually thought that was a really good demo. Fairly in depth, quick, and right to the point. Good job MS!  

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
35. Re: 7.7 Million WoW Subs Jul 27, 2013, 01:14 Steele Johnson

I bet WoW will never die... in your lifetime.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
2. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:17 Steele Johnson

I'm really getting tired of these companies saying they released a gameplay trailer when 90% of the time it's pre-rendered cut scenes. When I see something posted as gameplay, the first frame I want to see is the UI and character/vehicle/whatever moving around the screen and navigated by the user. Period.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 11, 2013, 00:24 Steele Johnson

You forgot the most obvious feature: you can use a tablet while lying down.  

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta
12. Re: Firefall Open Beta Jul 9, 2013, 23:39 Steele Johnson

How about waiting until it's finished before writing it off? The game is going to be free.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 6, 2013, 22:38 Steele Johnson

Google can suck my left ad. They practically own ever single one of your keystrokes. haha jokes on all the google fanboys for praising them for so long. Now they own you. hahahaha!  

News Comments > Brain Overclocking Headset
15. Re: Brain Overclocking Headset Jul 6, 2013, 02:01 Steele Johnson

They'd be better off overclocking our dicks.  

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
24. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 6, 2013, 01:59 Steele Johnson

I'll take Dishonored over another Doom game any day. Why do they still make Doom? id has been so irrelevant for so long, why do they continue to work on games? Even their engines aren't nearly as good as other companies who make way better games. They need to either give it up, or make a great game for once!  

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Video
4. Re: 7 Days to Die Video Jul 6, 2013, 01:53 Steele Johnson

Minecraft meets zombie shooter. Pretty good programming achievement, but gameplay seems, eh.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
53. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 21:42 Steele Johnson

IMO, Windows Surface is lightyears ahead of iPad and Android tablets because of the UI. I think she has done a great job getting everything to work the same on all devices. Both Apple and Google can't even do that. So I don't understand the harshness here. Give them a chance, it's the first release of the multi-platform OS. It will mature with time to please everyone. If anyone is on the right track for the future, it's MS. Not Apple, not Google.

I remember not too long ago when everyone was bashing the Metro UI. Now all you see are websites popping up with the same flat theme. You see Javascript APIs that are based on Metro. Even Apple's next iOS release has a flat UI... LIKE METRO! DOH!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 21:24 Steele Johnson

I see nothing great about Destiny. Looks like any sci-fi shooter (e.g. Halo). Definitely doesn't scream nex-gen, that's for sure.  

News Comments > One Billion Hours of BF3
11. Re: One Billion Hours of BF3 May 25, 2013, 20:53 Steele Johnson

deqer wrote on May 25, 2013, 18:21:
Told you.

This is why you don't use Origin, because it tracks you(no matter what servers you play on), and EA feeds off of that and has the nerve to announce it's numbers to the public too.

Why is that a bad thing? It's an online game. Their servers track connections, sessions, etc, like any type of server you've connected to. Are you really that paranoid? Any company has the right to know how often their users use their software.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 8, 2013, 15:07 Steele Johnson

Here comes all the GG banning. lol These things will get banned everywhere. Maybe they'll be used for specialty purposes like surgery, etc, but people wearing in public ain't gonna fly unless you want to wear them up your azz.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2013, 15:51 Steele Johnson

Here's the thing, Gates knows that MS is bringing Office and a slew of business tools to Surface/Win8.x while Apple is generally focused on Consumer rather than Enterprise. It makes sense for Gates to express the difference. Sure, there are ways to do it with iPad with 3rd party apps and attachable keyboards, but MS's business has always been Enterprise and they've be providing the tools and will be throwing millions of dollars at the teams to make it happen. I have an iPhone, iPad, Win7 laptop and Win8 desktop. I will happily sell off Apple and all their iGadgets when MS can deliver a seamless OS that works with all devices the way they should. And frankly, I believe they will get there. There are differences between Apple, Google, and MS. Apple has 2 operating systems that are not even close to the same thing. Even Google has that with the dying Chrome OS. But Google's Android is such a fragmented OS, I'd be surprised if they can even tap into Enterprise level support. If MS plays their cards right, having one OS that works on all devices and keeps everything in sync could blow away both Apple and Google. But that's a big "IF" they play their cards right. Releasing Win8 too early was a mistake, but I really believe they'll recover from that.

I like all these companies if they have what I need. MS has given me a decent gaming platform for a long time by providing the tools to the developer, while others have neglected that market. I would really be disappointed if MS went under and all that was left is Apple and Google. Then we'd all be stuck with mobile gaming and consoles. Would you guys really be happy about that? I like being able to get the best graphics cards and peripherals for hardcore gaming. I would be really sad to see that go away... so show some support for the company that enabled the hardcore pc gamer. Don't just be anti-MS because you think it's the cool way to be. Support hardcore gaming. It would be really cool if you could play a game on your phone, and then play the same game with more features and better graphics on another platform, while saving your game and having different experiences by using better hardware and peripherals. Apple is not going to do it, Google is not going to do it. The only company that has that vision right now is MS.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews May 7, 2013, 00:23 Steele Johnson

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2013, 19:25:
"No game designer ever went wrong by overestimating the narcissism of their players," Wright said, alluding to H.L. Mencken's famous quote, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." By that, Wright meant that it's important to give players a chance to share (or show off) their progress and achievements in a game.

Oh really? I don't give a shit about virtual achievements or have any need to share my progress in a game. What a completely asinine blanket statement. And who the hell is a fluff designer like Wright to talk about what's falling short as a medium? Jesus, the ego on the guy. Rolleyes

What the hell are you talking about? Did you ever hear of a multiplayer game? Nothing he said had anything to do with what you're even implying.

910 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo