Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 937 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2013, 01:27 Steele Johnson

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 22:35:
LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 20:52:
Bing is a very good search engine these days.

Really? You might want to look up that article from a few days ago where Bing had a malware attack site as the #1 result for a search query.

That has happened with google search thousands of times. The only reason you see articles now is because all the stupid hate towards MS.

I deleted my gmail account and stopped using google search a while ago because all they want to do is own everything you type into the Internet. You guys all diss MS yet you let google sell all your pii without even asking your permission, and you don't think twice about it! lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
41. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 01:10 Steele Johnson

I'll let you guys weed out all the hardware defects and overheating problems with your day one purchases and buy each console in about 2 years when they come out with cooler running slim models. Gonna skip the steambox all together. Seems pointless. I already have a box that runs steam games as well as millions of other apps. Doh!  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 12:51 Steele Johnson

This company hasn't put out a good game in 10 years.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 1, 2013, 00:21 Steele Johnson

Why is that guy writing articles about high-end graphics cards if he doesn't even know how they're used?  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
17. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 28, 2013, 23:26 Steele Johnson

Taskeen wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:10:
Meh.

Wasteland 2 comes out soon, eat it Bethesda, you wasted my years waiting for a true homage to Fallout/Wasteland games.

There's my memory to share.

Comparing a 5 year old game with a game that's not even out yet? So powerful!

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 22:52 Steele Johnson

Perfect review of PoE and seems like a reasonable score for the same ol' same ol' hack 'n slash genre that's getting tired.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
17. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 26, 2013, 22:46 Steele Johnson

DrSquick wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 16:41:
How is $699(+$100 for the type keyboard) for an i5, 4GB ram, 1080P, SSD, touchscreen, stylus, x86/x64 laptop unreasonable?

Exactly, people are thinking that these compare to sh!tty iPads. These are way more like laptop replacements! I use a Surface Pro 2 as my main work machine and I'll never go back to a laptop again. I just hook up a bigger monitor to the mini displayport (max res 3840 x 2160) and away I go. Being able to use both keyboard and touch interface is way more productive if you know what you're doing!

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
31. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 23, 2013, 01:51 Steele Johnson

Ash wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 03:33:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 00:59:
Man, I really wish this hack&slash genre would die already. So many better games are based on this genre but are waaaay past it now.

Your hate only serves to strengthen the fire that burns bright within those of us who enjoy the this genre.
Go on, use your rage and tell us how you REALLY feel and strengthen us further, child!

Yeah, you have fun with that lol

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
16. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 22, 2013, 00:59 Steele Johnson

Man, I really wish this hack&slash genre would die already. So many better games are based on this genre but are waaaay past it now.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer Oct 18, 2013, 01:28 Steele Johnson

Do they all need to look like they're having an asthma attack? I can see they still haven't fixed their cheesy animations.  

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
13. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 14:45 Steele Johnson

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 13:41:
lol, oh this is getting old...

Yeah, the personal hatred of MS is getting way old. It's like skinny jeans. I'll be happy when it goes away.

Just keep supporting Windows because I'm not going to switch out my os in favor of anyone's personal issues. I use my pc for a butt load of applications. I'm not going to migrate to something else and try to find apps to replace everything I'm familiar with (video editing, music recording, photo editing, etc).

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Outed?
5. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 14:34 Steele Johnson

They should give the work to a developer who knows how to make a game.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 7, 2013, 23:59 Steele Johnson

MSE and common sense works perfectly for me. But MSE has always been a lightweight solution (that's actually why I like it). But I can see why they would recommend a thicker wall app for the not so tech savvy and the dumb.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 23:52 Steele Johnson

All the negative nancies who auto hate MS because they think it's cool, don't even know what they're talking about. It could be the coolest feature ever and they'd still find something negative to say about MS.

It's gettin' old, smelly hipsters. Get a job and move out of your parent's house.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2013, 15:22 Steele Johnson

Actually, it's only a matter of time before MS climbs its way back on top again (and it's already starting). The trend is always "the biggest companies start generating the most hate, and the underdog is what's fashionable". If a company gets so popular that a teen's parents support them, then it starts to become unpopular and unfashionable with teens (Apple is starting to fall in popularity and beginning to generate a lot of hate even with all their consumers). Google is WAY overdue. Considering that they want to own everything that you type into the Internet, I'm surprised that their popularity is still favorable. But that usually means that they'll come crashing down in one fell swoop. This kind of cycle has been going on for a long time. Only difference is that there's a few more tech companies playing the same game now.

What's really funny is the younger crowd at my work prefer Bing over Google search, and I thought that would never happen. Quite funny how things circle around.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 15:25 Steele Johnson

Apparently, first impressions of Peter M's next God game (Godus) doesn't feel like a god game at all. I really wish Peter M would get together with a real game designer and explain his ideas and vision, because when he executes his own ideas, it ends up being nothing what he describes. So strange.  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
41. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:43 Steele Johnson

Frijoles wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:17:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:11:
Where is that Oculus Rift thing and when is it going to be released?

2014, as they've always said. Slender supports it now. It's awesome, in a shit-your-pants sort of way.

That's a very good point. Let's say Oculus Rift eventually becomes stand-alone, which most likely it will. Do all the anti-MS hipsters expect MS to help prevent people from switching to that platform too? lol

40. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:39 Steele Johnson

Redmask wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:11:
Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:00:
I still don't understand the Microsoft hate. I'm starting to be convinced that it's just fashionable Hipster trend to hate MS. Period.

You're fucking deluded. Microsoft has done nothing but shit on PC gaming for the past several years. They would have even shit canned DirectX long ago if it didn't serve a purpose for consoles.

I don't need a living room computer setup but I would definitely check out SteamOS on my desktop PC.

If you can't back it up with solid examples, then you're just another lazy Hipster.

38. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:37 Steele Johnson

Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:02:
Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:00:
I still don't understand the Microsoft hate. I'm starting to be convinced that it's just fashionable Hipster trend to hate MS. Period. The whole Win8 thing is blown way out of proportion.

I know you were just trolling but I didn't even reference Windows 8 in my post. I guess you've forgotten the decade of neglect in terms of software support, half-baked initiatives like GFWL and so on. That's ok, some of us still remember that Microsofts main priority with regards to gaming is the Xbox, not the PC.

As for Windows 8 I am indifferent. It is a very minor upgrade from Windows 7 so I don't "hate" it or something but it doesn't do much to justify an upgrade nor does it seem to entice the masses to keep buying PCs instead of tablets.

I wasn't trolling. PC gamers who constantly blame MS for all their woes are the trolls. GFW didn't affect me at all in any way. I still installed and played all pc games the same way I've been doing it for the past 20 years. I don't know what "and so on" means. Sounds like you're making a lame attempt to make them seem worse, like the lazy Hipster would do. I think you forget that MS provides some of the best development tooling there is when compared to other OS vendors. Trust me, I program on almost all platforms and MS by far (light years) has the best tools for development. How is that neglect to support games and application development? MS can't advocate which platform to use for gaming. Sure, they're in the console business, but they still provide the tools for any game dev to build on Windows. Also, it's not MS's initiative to prevent people from preferring tablets over desktop pcs. That's like saying a washboard vendor should innovate to prevent people from switching to washing machines. Tablets are simply more convenient to the average consumer, that's why they're on that path (in fact, I believe their path is better than both Google and Apple's, but that's another story). I do agree that MS needs to step up their game when it comes to innovation in technology in general, but so doesn't all the other big tech companies. Anyhow, I've opened up the same boring argument again when it's really just a Hipster fashion trend that hopefully will die soon.

27. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:00 Steele Johnson

Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 15:54:
I best go buy a few more 100# bags of rice. I think I'll need to hedge tarvation from a crash than Windows becoming abandoned any time soon and well MS is seeing a close wall isn't really going to work this far along. But if that is the reason or not, it's an option, just one I doubt I'll use. I think I have more a niche for the NVidia Streaming Gamepad than this. I have the cables all in place to move my PC to the projector just behind it now... I do that rarely.

I don't know, I appreciate alternatives and Microsoft has been an extremely neglectful and at times hostile parent to gaming on the PC. I am glad someone is offering an alternative as customization and choice has always been the strength of the PC.

I still don't understand the Microsoft hate. I'm starting to be convinced that it's just fashionable Hipster trend to hate MS. Period. The whole Win8 thing is blown way out of proportion.

Step 1: Find the Desktop tile and load it.
Step 2: Install a 3rd party Start Menu if you're really that lazy.
Step 3: Reboot.

That's it! Looks and runs just like Win7. In fact, some of my games actually perform better. PC gamers who hate Windows because of those silly reasons are just annoying Hipsters to me. Get a job or something. lol

937 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo