Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 925 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Goat Simulator MMO Update Released
4. Re: Goat Simulator MMO Update Released Nov 21, 2014, 01:23 Steele Johnson

I wish more devs had dedication like this! :7)  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch
11. Re: No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch Nov 18, 2014, 14:24 Steele Johnson

They teased us all through development, now they're going to tease us after it's released?.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2014, 15:45 Steele Johnson

What a horrible review of Divinity: Original Sin! Half the fun in this game is making tons of money by stealing and building your crafting character and quickly crafting items. The reviewer talks like he doesn't even want crafting in the game. Umm, it's an RPG. RPG fans like crafting items, and this game executes it quite well! He talks like it's difficult to manage your inventory, but it's actually one of the easiest games I've played when it comes to inv management. All you do is right-click and send to your crafting character. How hard is that?? And the best thing is that right from the start and throughout the game, you can keep your crafting flowing quite easily. There's not much of any "store until you're higher level" type crap like in other games. You craft things from start to finish with no downtime, so generally, your other 3 character's inventory is pretty much empty through the whole game!

Then he goes on about tedious quests. This game has some of the most interesting quests I've seen in an RPG! It's as if he didn't even play the game!

But the worst thing about this review is that he didn't even touch on the co-op feature of this game. That is how you play it! And what's cool is that when you play with a friend, both of you can control 2 of the party members! So much fun! So generally, one player can focus on the crafting flow and the other can focus on the quests and figuring out where to go next. It's a perfect balance and flow to make the game quite fun!

Don't listen to this bozo on the adventure gaming site. He doesn't know how to play the game, and doesn't appreciate the genre. This game is a lot of fun!

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
84. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 4, 2014, 08:44 Steele Johnson

I've yet to see anything good about this game. All I see is them getting more money.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2014, 00:26 Steele Johnson

I dropped Chrome on my pc in favor of IE11. I'm liking outlook online way better better than google web apps, and gmail is horrible! They should just change the name to spymail.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
27. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 19:11 Steele Johnson

I hope they fix the character animations. When you're walking around, you look like a toddler in steath mode. Other than that, the environment looks great.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2014, 00:23 Steele Johnson

Axis wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:33:
Double post, internal server error my foot...

Those darn tablet browsers always screw up and do things like double post.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 8, 2014, 22:40 Steele Johnson

There's definitely cult pockets of Win phone users. One example would be teens not wanting their parents to be too familiar with their phone. I see my friend's kids and their friends using them like power users. Almost like the way pc users were back in the early 90s! Have you seen the app store lately? Some very strange and interesting apps that can't be found on the other app stores. They're definitely the underdog, but they do have devoted users for sure.  

34. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 17:26 Steele Johnson

Quinn wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:09:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:03:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 03:50:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:08:
I knew this game was going to suck. They should have made it more of a survival co-op game and less single-player crappy save point console game. Why do game designers insist on releasing games like this that no one wants? I mean, how many games do you have to see fail before you go in a different direction?

What are you talking about? Tons of people wanted to see a single-player survival horror game set in the Alien universe. As for the save system, that's a design choice, not a console limitation. There are plenty of console games with quicksave. Isolation is a survival horror game. It relies on tension. Quicksave destroys tension because it removes any sense of risk or consequence. If you're making a survival horror game and you have quick save, you've already failed.

Did you even read the reviews? Trying to get through a single checkpoint 20 odd times isn't exactly a high tension survival game, it's just frustrating the player. But if that's the kind of game you're defending, then be my guest... go buy it, and have fun getting frustrated. lol

When you're 22 years old and look at this post from 10 years ago, you'll have the mother of all facepalms.

Oh I remember the days that you had to retry 20 times until you discovered the well hidden trick to win the battle. But that was 10+ years ago (like you said). These days, games are generally designed so that the flow is little more non stop. But hey, if you like die/restart, die/restart type games, I could send you a nice list of them that will keep you busy through all you that disposable free time that you have.

31. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 16:03 Steele Johnson

Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 03:50:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:08:
I knew this game was going to suck. They should have made it more of a survival co-op game and less single-player crappy save point console game. Why do game designers insist on releasing games like this that no one wants? I mean, how many games do you have to see fail before you go in a different direction?

What are you talking about? Tons of people wanted to see a single-player survival horror game set in the Alien universe. As for the save system, that's a design choice, not a console limitation. There are plenty of console games with quicksave. Isolation is a survival horror game. It relies on tension. Quicksave destroys tension because it removes any sense of risk or consequence. If you're making a survival horror game and you have quick save, you've already failed.

Did you even read the reviews? Trying to get through a single checkpoint 20 odd times isn't exactly a high tension survival game, it's just frustrating the player. But if that's the kind of game you're defending, then be my guest... go buy it, and have fun getting frustrated. lol

29. Re: Game Reviews Oct 5, 2014, 19:08 Steele Johnson

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 1, 2014, 22:31 Steele Johnson

I definitely agree with that DOS review. It's deep, lots to do, fun, funny, and reminds me of why I'm still a pc gamer. Hats off to the devs!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2014, 01:43 Steele Johnson

Apparently, Romero never played Borderlands.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2014, 00:15 Steele Johnson

DayZ is kind of a phenomenon. Create a concept instead of game, attract sociopaths, and watch the money come rolling in. Genius!  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Preloads
5. Re: The Sims 4 Preloads Aug 31, 2014, 19:40 Steele Johnson

Are people really that eager to play this game?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2014, 01:52 Steele Johnson

I like the term. It's quite catchy.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2014, 00:58 Steele Johnson

D:OS is awesome! Reminds me of the good ol' days when games were fun and interesting!  

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
22. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 7, 2014, 02:41 Steele Johnson

InBlack wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:58:
UHD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:41:
Quboid wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:33:
I switched by my own free will, it's the best version of Windows.

Finally, someone that understands.

Yesterday went to watch a movie at a friends house. His Windows8 laptop decided that his HDMI port had a hardware error. We spent the night troubleshooting only to discover some kind of hidden Win8 update killed it. Managed to fix the problem later on with some oldskul hacking (and fighting the UI and system at every corner) but I never had this shit happen with Windows 7, or even XP.

Yeah, and my car broke down yesterday and it needed to get fixed. I'll never buy a car again!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 07:53 Steele Johnson

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 10:29:
Cloud era? Nobody I know would ever put anything worth a damn in a US company cloud...

You are clearly out of touch.

Also, you think your data is safe because you host your own servers? LOL! Talk about being naive.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 07:48 Steele Johnson

NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:38:
How dare a company fire people! You should have your job until you don't want it anymore or are deemed incompetent! These evil fucks and their changing staffing needs.

Lol! I agree with the sarcasm. I love how the Blue's posters, particularly the same ones who have been bashing MS for years now, are against this. Sure, it sucks losing your job, but seriously, you've got to get rid of the dead wood at some point. It's clear that Microsoft's old business model doesn't work anymore. Technology has shifted and they have no choice but to adapt. There's no question that a lot of jobs will be lost. We're also on the brink of a video game market crash, so this most likely won't be the end of the firings... for other companies as well.

925 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo