Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn Bancroft

Real Name Shawn Bancroft   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Milkman Dan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 26, 2002, 20:42
Total Comments 63 (Suspect)
User ID 12749

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Facebook Says Employee Laptops Compromised in 'Sophisticated' Attack Feb 16, 2013, 13:57 Milkman Dan

Looks like this security breech has left them ... Cool losing face.

Guitarist Drummer *YEAAAAAAAAAAH*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Bot Bans
6. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 23:38 Milkman Dan

First Blizzard game I ever played where I lost interest so quick. I think I stopped playing in the 2nd tier difficulty. All I saw were boring mobs that dropped stuff I didn't want, nor had any want to progress further. I actually still want to play Diablo 2, but I don't think I will ever go back to D3.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 25, 2012, 00:58 Milkman Dan

Honestly, Gangnam Style I actually like as a meme because it came out being not too serious about itself. In a way, a parody of everything popular, therefore easy to give the nod of approval to, in fact, be considered at least geeky cool. Cool  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:22 Milkman Dan

Finally! A reason for kids to have a blow-up doll without all the illicit sexual overtones!  

News Comments > Portal 2 Watch
28. Re: Portal 2 Watch Apr 16, 2011, 23:47 Milkman Dan

Kinda surprised anyone really cares about this game THAT much over a day or two, considering Portal 1 was just a free throw in that no one bought the Orange Box specifically for. Portal 1 was fun, but it got tedious towards the end with the complexity, not really a fan of going back to that.

*shrug* I will probably get it, but, like all Steam games, wait until its dirt cheap in a year or two. I still have about 20 games I haven't even installed from the last X-Mas sale.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 12, 2010, 17:23 Milkman Dan

Nice Starship Troopers ref Blue.  

News Comments > 3D Realms "Not Closing"
9. Re: 3D Realms "Not Closing" May 18, 2009, 17:44 Milkman Dan

No, DNF will be released for this Christmas season, as everyone already knows. This is all just smoke and mirrors.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2009, 15:21 Milkman Dan

The goggles, they do nothing! Disguise  

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2009, 19:34 Milkman Dan

There is no way the US can ban rape simulators. I mean, that would get rid of the tax paying programs, right? Joker  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2008, 17:50 Milkman Dan

Well, here is an obvious combination of two links of the day.

http://james.nerdiphythesoul.com/bennyhillifier/?id=GVuBPaJsNQc

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2008, 00:09.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2008, 00:15 Milkman Dan

Hey, Happy Birthday Blue! Mine's on Saturday.
I don't post much but I have been around here since the Quake 1 days,
if you are turning 36 as well that will be an uncanny coincidence.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2008, 00:18.

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Not so sure... Sep 12, 2008, 14:08 Milkman Dan

Who are you? I'm Batman!

*100k other people*

No, I'M Batman!

*1 other person*

and I'm Robin!

13. Re: RIP George Carlin Jun 23, 2008, 13:11 Milkman Dan

I saw him last September, only major comedian I have paid concert prices to see. I was just thinking recently how he was close to my Mom's age and he dies just a day short of her birthday, personally, its a little wierd.

News Comments > StarCraft 2 Zerg Movie
1. Bootleg clip is horrible Mar 10, 2008, 11:54 Milkman Dan

I would recommend waiting until the official clip is released. This shaky-cam of the clip at a con is fairly grainy and only shows half the screen most the time. I still would like to thank Stephen Hawking for his attempt at filming it.

News Comments > Steam Sale
13. Re: F Steam Dec 26, 2007, 01:05 Milkman Dan

I have always "tolerated" Steam but another annoying use of it showed its head to me last week. When Steam autoupdated my TF2, it corrupted some files. Apparently when it corrupted these files, it did something to my registry as well.

The game would hang on preparing game files, and, when I managed to get around that by deleting all my Steam files 2x, it still refused to read off the DVD and wanted to dl the entire orange box of games through Steam, and at 20kbps max.

Once I dl'd just TF2, I was able to coax my old files to work again by copy and pasting them, but what a major pain in the ass. I had to wait 30 hrs. for it dl TF2 again, after spending a day and half trying to NOT do just that.

On a sidenote, I couldn't install the single player games either, in offline mode or not, because Steam just HAD to verify and hang at the same point each time. Totally maddening. If I have a choice between a game on disc or any sort of link with Steam, I will take the DVD from now on, hands down. I just hope 3rd party developers don't integrate as tight with Steam as Valve does.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch
3. version 0.6 Dec 18, 2007, 23:43 Milkman Dan

Rofl, shouldn't it be at least vers 1.x if it's gold? I thought 0.x was usually reserved for programs in alpha or beta state. /Leaves that thought as it is and whistles innocently.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Billing Follow-up
5. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2007, 02:09 Milkman Dan

I wouldn't call them ads. The more I read about this game, combined with the lackluster gameplay I saw in the in-game videos, changed this game from a "must have" 6 months ago to a "must stay away" from today.

Damn shame, was really hoping to see a Diablo successor. Hell, with the damn EULA they have, I don't even want to install the demo I dl'd. Waste of a 1.4GB dl there.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Nah, not too high Oct 12, 2007, 23:27 Milkman Dan

You gotta factor in the price of a soul, or 800.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2007, 15:42 Milkman Dan

I actually got good at APB, way back in the day. Good meaning I got through 5 or 6 missions, I guess. Really hard game, fairly fun. Hard as hell to play on MAME, if I recall.

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
27. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2007, 01:15 Milkman Dan

Well, since the MP community looks like its going to be close to nil in Crysis like it was in Farcry, I can just wait until they get Vista's sp1 out. Crysis will likely be down to 20 or 30 bucks.

I tried Vista on my computer (6600 d2c/2GB 800mhz DDR2/8800 640MB GTS) and I really just didn't care for it. All the damn permission crap, the fact that a majority of the apps I mainly use didn't work yet in Vista just made want to hold off.

I only see this move hurting Crysis's sales, or at least first release sales. I am sure a lot of people like myself will buy the game when its cheaper and Vista isn't as annoying.

63 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo