Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8475 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed
11. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 23:11 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:48:
If Steam Customer of the Decade won't even install Snuggle Truck, what hope does it have getting a sequel?

LMAO! I am going to install it tomorrow and leave it running in the background until Christmas. Whenever you look at your friends' playlists, you'll see that Prez has been playing Snuggle Truck for 600 hours and counting!

You promised that 2 months ago good sir!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed
8. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 22:48 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:43:
This? This gets a sequel and not Snuggle Truck?!?!
If Steam Customer of the Decade won't even install Snuggle Truck, what hope does it have getting a sequel?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2012, 21:54 The Half Elf

So how long has it been since Jack Thompson? Is seems every 4 years we get another wacko with a law degree.

I shall call them the Leap Year Lawyers!

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:41 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 20:32:
I told Blue, it reminded me of Rat Boy for a few years ago...

As it's been quoted many times on Will and Grace "What in gay hell?!?"
And yes I've seen guys respond that like, but then again no gay man needs that much bleach and hair gel on their head.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 21:36 The Half Elf

What about Grimlock? While the game looks nice, I'm just not sure I can do the whole tile movement thing.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 19:55 The Half Elf

Was holding off on the Witcher 2 even though it was 14 bucks earlier and whammo! Yay for waiting!  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2012, 17:14 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 12:06:
Not only does the game let you make your own costume(s) and bases, but you can also design your own missions. And let people play in them. Why isnít this more of a thing yet? Why are we still waiting on Neverwinter to come along, and having our minds blown at the very concept of an MMO toolset that allows you to create your own content? Why is this even a thing?

Heads-up, developers: people love user-generated content. That, among other reasons, is why Minecraft is so successful and still selling something like a thousand copies a day: because people like to see what other people have made. Especially if they can walk around in it and play with it, and fight against it or blow it up. I know you want to spend your publisher money on a huge world and scripted cut-scenes and a story that ó letís be honest, not many people will really pay attention to ó but letís try something different and give players the keys to the kingdom.

Hell, why do you think people still play the original Neverwinter Nights online? Hint: itís not for the graphics.

A-fucking-men. It boggles the mind there isn't a new NWN style game out and that MMOs don't come standard with game editors for user created content. And yes, they should also take a page from CoXs character creation too. That was the absolute best part of the game!

Und wir sind dann Helden! FŁr einen Tag!

The begining of the downfall for City of Heroes was allowing Farming End Game (at the time) and then allowing people to make their own missions to farm even worse. Go into a mission sit by the exit and in a few hours be max level.
But still has the best character creation/costume system (still better then Champions Online).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 17:10 The Half Elf

So what your saying is that..... Canadian Santa is like Canadian Bacon, it's not really bacon but more of a ham and therefore Canadian Santa doesn't exist?
Great now I'm going to have to send my letters to Mexican Santa (and he makes shitty toys Blue!)

News Comments > No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer
8. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 11:57 The Half Elf

People in hell was ice water too doesn't mean they will get it. Not every game needs multiplayer. Plus the game has enough issues without needing to separate resources to work on 2 versions.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2012, 01:36 The Half Elf

Let me modify what I was trying to ask.
A way to see how many player of newly released games or in some sort of comparison to the Steam Top 10.

Example I'd like to a way to see numbers of say Dishonored, that is having great sales but not just on Steam.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 01:25 The Half Elf

Ok Cutter and Creston, how are you enjoying Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 respectively?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
15. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 26, 2012, 01:23 The Half Elf

Question: If consoles (like the 360) are more PC hardware based, and have more RAM and mandatory hard drive installs, would we see more console games (and in turn pc games) really pushing what could be done with games?
It use to be that PC's were the showroom's of high end gaming (Crysis, Quake, Alan Wake back when it was shown on a System brought back in time from the future, etc), but now we are becoming the retro cool indie game place with games like Minecraft.

It's like bell bottom jeans coming back in style every 10-15 years.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2012, 17:46 The Half Elf

What we really need is a top 10 games being played on Steam list. I have a feeling all the keys bought at GMG would change up that list a bit.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 19:22 The Half Elf

Sepharo wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:38:
Anyone here use Google Docs(Drive) exclusively?

My parents need a new device for occasional word processing and spreadsheets and they also want something near the couch for casual internet browsing and Facebook. My mom has been considering the Surface but the price for what you get... I've told her to hold off. She probably expects me to get her a tablet for Christmas, I'm thinking either Nexus 7 or 10.

So Nexus 7 or 10 for the couch and trips.
And either a new laptop or hand-me-down desktop from me for the desk.

Uh, rambling aside, and back to my original question... Do you guys think Google Docs is a sufficient replacement for very occasional home office needs for someone who's only previously used Office?

Honestly I picked up the Nexus 7 (couldn't beat the price), and had no problems with it except that on my HTC One X I have arrow keys and not on the Nexus 7. Runs great, responsive, good battery life, and I primarily use it for looking up stuff while gaming on the couch or pc. It's a bit heavier then I thought it would be. If you are doing word processing and spreadsheets, I'd suggest a Netbook/Laptop over a tablet. But if your looking for casual net browsing and facebook I'd suggest a tablet. I believe Office Depot carries both in store, so might be worth a trip to see what would really work for you size wise.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2012, 18:55 The Half Elf

Hot Coffee was Rockstar's attempt to purposely leave code in the game that wasn't found for 6 months on the Playstation/Xbox, but was found in 2 days on the PC. They knew people were going to find it and "turn it on". It's just asking for some right wing/left wing nutjob group to get it's panties in a uproar and go all Fox News about it.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Day Four
16. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:48 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:45:
In case anyone doesn't have SPAZ, I'd highly recommend it, even if you don't normally like space games. It is a bit rough around the edges being a low budget indie but it is ridiculously addictive and fun nonetheless.

I hope to see a sequel with more depth soon from these guys.

And a rather festive mod community for it as well!

News Comments > On Sale
62. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 24, 2012, 14:33 The Half Elf

Ok this has to stop!!!

Even being unemployed and having money, I don't have enough time or hard drive space for all of this!

Prez you have some pull with Valve (Customer of the Decade right?), STOP THE INSANITY!

News Comments > Black Friday Consolidation
2. Re: Black Friday Consolidation Nov 24, 2012, 14:30 The Half Elf

Not a bad game, but multiplayer takes a back seat to Forza 4.  

News Comments > On Sale
60. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 14:04 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 12:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 07:58:
Green Man Gaming &#8207;@GreenManGaming

Hi all, we've temporarily run out of Dishonored keys due to immense popularity of our deal. We're working to get more but no ETA. -Love GMG

I'm hoping these sales might help towards a sequel. And good for GMG getting the traffic.

GMG must be making a fortune off of Steam. All they do is pump out keys while Steam has all the downloading.

News Comments > On Sale
44. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 22:22 The Half Elf

Yeah as nin said, hard to compete with the COD/Halo, as this is very much a thinking man's shooter/stealth game.  

8475 Comments. 424 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo