Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8735 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Q&As
4. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 23, 2013, 01:11 The Half Elf

Of the 'original gaming gods' how many are still working in the industry, and how many of them are relevant anymore?

NONE.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 01:40:
Narf2029 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 00:33:
Don't knock it til you try it. It's surprisingly cathartic.

Indeed, I actually just dropped by here to check the latest news after spending at least the last 3 hours playing ETS2. While I'm a big sim-racing fanatic, I'm not always crazy about these 'sim-everything' games (like Woodcutter Simulator or Garbage Truck Simulator (which is garbage btw) or whatever) but Euro Truck Sim 2 is really nice and a big upgrade from the 'barebones' '18 Wheels Of Steel' series. Things are thought out and the physics/driving engine is very good. Seriously, give it a try if you're even a tad bit interested or curious, it's worth it! Cool

=-Rigs-=

Rigs how can you drive anything that makes left AND right turns?

Does this mean eventually we'll get a Smokey and the Bandit game?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2013, 21:40 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 20:28:
Picked up Colonial Marines for $35 over at GMG because fuck it, that's why...

Ditto, I've spent more money on worse games!
I call dibs on welding doors shut in Co-Op!

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 Adds Offline Mode
2. Re: Miner Wars 2081 Adds Offline Mode Jan 21, 2013, 19:58 The Half Elf

Ditto, played the 1st mission. Nice looking game just got lost.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 21, 2013, 15:05 The Half Elf

So rip something out of another publication's article and put enough vagueness on it yourself to get some website hits?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 20, 2013, 20:21 The Half Elf

*hums Leisure Suit Larry and Hero's Quest themes*  

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
5. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:04 The Half Elf

I could to a degree get over the online only part but this makes it a no buy and all EA products going forward.  

News Comments > Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed
16. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 11:59 The Half Elf

As I have said before (if ya have the rig for it) got start up GTA4 and put the graphics to max. Now please tell me 1 other game out there that has that much detail and space going on in it's game?  

News Comments > Chris Taylor on Wildman
12. Re: Chris Taylor on Wildman Jan 19, 2013, 23:31 The Half Elf

I guess my head scratching issues is why go with a caveman theme? You go from a stick to a club+1 or a pebble to a stone? Do you get a dinosaur as a pet?
If ya wanted to go the zombie route you could do a Left 4 Dead type game, or Cyberpunk or Steampunk or Fallout style. Hell or even do a Time Travel theme that uses all of them...

EDIT: looks to be a Fantasy/Dungeon game, but didn't you already do that with Dungeon Siege?

With Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 pretty much sucking up all the limelight I would have stayed away from a fantasy/dungeon setting.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 18, 2013, 23:19 The Half Elf

Revive CoX, remove repeatable mission to start.
DCUO, redesign the UI, controls and powers to suit a PC.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 18, 2013, 00:02 The Half Elf

I'd pay 20 for the main game and the water DLC.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghost Recon Future Soldier Raven Strike DLC
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ghost Recon Future Soldier Raven Strike DLC Jan 18, 2013, 00:01 The Half Elf

Raven Shield?!?

Awwwwwww

News Comments > Steam Strategy Guides Launch
2. Re: Steam Strategy Guides Launch Jan 17, 2013, 19:38 The Half Elf

Gamefaqs inside Steam?

Consider me interested, but at the same time alt-tabbing (or 2nd screen) and google is just as effective.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
5. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 17, 2013, 19:36 The Half Elf

At the end of the day who had the final say on Diablo 3?

That being said, who wants to place bets that he's in charge of Titan?

News Comments > Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing
8. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 17:41 The Half Elf

Have any of you seen or heard of Disney's Vinyalmations? With the success of Skylanders I don't see this as 'expensive'.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week
8. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week Jan 17, 2013, 06:17 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 21:34:
So why did they go batshit insane with multiplayer DLC for this game?

Multiplayer DLC is stupid cheap to produce compared to Singleplayer content.
All you have in multiplayer is maps, maybe a few character models. For single player you need a writer, storyboards, voice actors, scripting the scene's etc.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 22:47 The Half Elf

Damn I didn't know about Plato or Coleman being dead.

Here's hoping you folks find peace and a better life on the other side.

News Comments > Disney Infinity Announced
6. Re: Disney Infinity Announced Jan 16, 2013, 01:24 The Half Elf

Disney has a TON of things done with Mickey Mouse and his group (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie etc). You give me a 2D side scroller like the Super Star Wars series with Mickey playing Luke and I'd buy it.

Just google Mickey Mouse Xwing Pilot

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 22:56 The Half Elf

I have no problem with the statue, but I just think it's fucking STUPID. There are soooo many better things you could do to sell a 'cool' statue, it just seems like it was done for the media attention and nothing else.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2013, 22:49 The Half Elf

900 miles?!? That's a 10-12 hour drive...  

8735 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo