Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8467 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
54. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 18, 2013, 07:31 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 03:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:17:
Why all the bitching? We are now getting SOMETHING from Disney that Lucasarts couldn't/wouldn't do in over 10+ years?

This is what you want?!? This pitiful wannabe...SHIT?! LOOK at the video again! The TIEs, they have red rocket exhaust! WT everloving F?! At NO time, in any simulator I've ever played did the TIEs have ANY kind of exhaust, colored or no! At 0:30 in, the X-Wing blasts the TIE with one shot and then proceeds to do a barrel roll that, all things considered, should have turned him inside-out! Maybe that's why the TIE that was NEXT TO the one he just effortlessly blasted mere seconds ago is able to wreck his ass with two shots MAX! Who knows, maybe he did resemble a tipped-over cherry pie in his cockpit seat...would explain why we hear, '...can't shake him', when he doesn't do any 'shaking' to begin with!

Again, YOU want this? In that case, YOU'RE part of the problem! Bat

GET HIM!!!

=-Rigs-=

I would love some Xwing Alliance with multiplayer ships like Star Wars Galaxies, but what have we gotten since then? KOTOR's crap, crappy Battlefront 2, nothing worth a damn.
Disney has the license less then a year and is already making PC EXCLUSIVE CONTENT.
Is it a grand slam? Hell no, but again it's 1000 times more then what Lucas was doing with it. So to me that's a MAJOR step in the right direction.
But I'd bet you money that whoever is in charge of PC games like this, are taking a VERY close look at Star Citizen.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
39. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 18:17 The Half Elf

Why all the bitching? We are now getting SOMETHING from Disney that Lucasarts couldn't/wouldn't do in over 10+ years?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 05:42 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 00:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 22:11:
Just picked up BF4, and dear lord I wish I hadn't bought it from GMG as I would be getting a refund. Feels like a COD version of Battlefield 3.

In what way? There's no kill streak perks, movement feels completely different.

If you joined 64 player server and got bombarded with grenade spam then remember almost all the maps are designed for 24 players since that's the max number of players on last gen consoles.

I typically stick to 16-24 player servers, as I just can't the cluster fuck of 64 player maps. Hit detection, network code is BAD, the 'scale' of the maps is just off... I'm not sure if this is to emphasis soldier scale when they get into Close Quarter Combat or what.

I love BF3, but BF4 feels like watching BF3 through a smugded window pane.

And I'm sick and tired of whiny black guys in games. First Lamar in GTA5, now Irish in BF4. Would have killed them both given the option.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 16, 2013, 22:11 The Half Elf

Just picked up BF4, and dear lord I wish I hadn't bought it from GMG as I would be getting a refund. Feels like a COD version of Battlefield 3.  

News Comments > LEGO The Hobbit Trailer
2. Re: LEGO The Hobbit Trailer Dec 16, 2013, 18:24 The Half Elf

Question is, is it the full Hobbit, or just the 1st movie?  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 15, 2013, 18:44 The Half Elf

Sorry but beyond Fallout New Vegas, Obsidian has a horrible track record. They need to deliver the first KS game, and patch it BEFORE even starting a second Kickstarter.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: removed Dec 12, 2013, 15:54 The Half Elf

scarlet wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 15:24:
scarlet wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 14:06:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 12, 2013, 15:08.

Clearly, someone can't handle a inoffensive opposing point of view here. Rather pathetic the administrator of the site saw fit to remove it rather allowing a very innocuous observation to stand. Says a lot.

Thank you, nin and harlock for quoting/reposting my comment.

To put it in a way you may or may not understand:
It's his site and he'll do whatever the fuck he wants.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2013, 12:47 The Half Elf

Last time I checked, Xbox was profitable (at least until the Xbox One)  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
89. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 02:58 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 02:10:
Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:57:
Ratty wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:20:
I've never played a multiplayer game before. I've always been curious and wanted to try one out. I might give this a go except I would be so bad I'd be laughed off the servers.

This is a common misconception about multiplayer gaming, trust me there are many players out there worse than you regardless of your skill level. Every game has a learning curve and adjustment period but singleplayer games are like that too. It's all about playing with the right folks IMO, find like minded people who just want to game for fun and not a bunch of tryhards who are going to criticize every mistake.

Actually, every time I've played an MMO, I've almost always encountered people who were more than willing to help me out and show me the ropes. You'll stick out as a noob, and that's not a bad thing. Someone kind will come around and help you.

Tried the Everquest Beta, and made a Human Ranger, that started off in Surefall Glades (think that's the starting spot for them), at night, couldn't see shit, and after 14 mins quit and uninstalled.
So about a month after launch I bought the game, and made a Half-Elf Warrior that started in Qeynos (Hence where I got my name). Didn't know what the hell to do or where to go, but a guy walks up to me and gave me a full suit of leather armor and a fine steel scimitar. Considering the only step up was Bronze Armor, I had just won 2 lottery's.
And while I understand people can be new to a game, I truly enjoy helping out new players. Except for my Ex of 15 years... introduced him to Everquest and he ended up running his own raid off 2 computers less then a year later (now I know how women feel when they want sex but can't because of a raid).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 01:32 The Half Elf

If you go by launch titles alone from the 360 and PS3, the 360 had a very solid line up, and once again with the Xbone. Pure hardware wise, the PS4 has nailed it with the game share button.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Some Security Help... Dec 12, 2013, 00:21 The Half Elf

How would I check that?  

1. Some Security Help... Dec 11, 2013, 22:49 The Half Elf

Twice now Steam has started up and started 2 different games. How do I go about seeing if anyone else is logging onto my computer, and what steps do I need to do to make sure noone else is.

Thanks.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
76. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 22:09 The Half Elf

Creston jack-off what?!?

*cough*

Anyway... I hope this fails within 2 years. There is none of the exploration, self-made characters, charm that was used in any of the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games. Visually it's fairly ugly, and even F2P I wouldn't play it.

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Details?
1. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Details? Dec 11, 2013, 22:03 The Half Elf

*gets out paper bag and try's not to pass out*  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 14:09 The Half Elf

mch wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:43:
1badmf wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:41:
about the hobbit, i feel if you guys love tolkien's work at all, then i have to mention something as a PSA; watch the 1977 rankin/bass animated version. it's way better than this drivel in only an hour and change of runtime.

Oh man I remember that from when I was a kid. Good call I need to find a copy of that!

The worst part of seeing both the animated version and the new version is how 'wrong' the song 'Misty Mountains Cold' is.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 11, 2013, 07:12 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 23:24:
That Holiday Express toy train is cute. I think it should be this year's Snuggle Truck so everyone add it to your Wishlist!

*Releases the Guard Dogs, Set's the Alarm, Closes the Blinds, and Turns off the Lights*

NO!

News Comments > Double Fine announces Hack 'N' Slash
5. Re: Double Fine announces Hack 'N' Slash Dec 11, 2013, 02:59 The Half Elf

Wasn't trolling, just watched the video, and what Blue posted.  

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 10, 2013, 23:26 The Half Elf

Halo drop into the facility to get some sort of bio-agent to use against Godzilla. Red Smoke due to bad visibility of the drop, and to see where other members of the team are dropping. They are dropping into San Francisco, so my guess is to have an idea of where everyone is landing due to the size and destruction of the city.  

News Comments > Double Fine announces Hack 'N' Slash
1. Re: Double Fine announces Hack 'N' Slash Dec 10, 2013, 23:23 The Half Elf

So is the Kickstarter money being used to develop this game?  

57. I present.. Dec 10, 2013, 17:36 The Half Elf

The Half Elf's Guide to Escaping any Shopping Situation:

1) Watch Rain Man.
2) Practice your Rain Man Impersonation
3) Repeat Impersonation When Trapped in a Shopping Environment
4) Drop to Floor and Screech
5) If All Else Fails, Make Sure Your The Driver Next Time, So You Can Leave The Evil Demi-Shopper, and Proceed to Safety.

Remember, Your Safety Should Come First. You are just there as Morale support for questions like 'What do you think of these pants?' And to carry all the shit to the vehicle and cram it all in, all the while they are on their smartphones Facebooking about the new shit they just bought.

8467 Comments. 424 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo