Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9219 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 26, 2015, 15:05 The Half Elf

I'm still not sure about this.
On one hand I'd love modders to make some money off of this, but I also hope this blows up in Beth's face. Without the modding community the game would never had sold as many copies as it did.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 10:03 The Half Elf

Again asshole you have no fucking clue.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

9. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 03:36 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 22:39:
So, uh, is Bats gone for good? Haven't heard from him in 2 weeks.

He's out of town.

But he's not thrilled with some of the discussion's on Blues about his profession and how one sided it is, with all the hatred towards police officers. And considering what he has endured during his career and lately I can't blame him.

I wish some of the folks here knew what happened, and would understand what law enforcement officers have to deal with. The job and potential danger does NOT end at the end of their shifts. It doesn't end when they take off the badge and uniform, and it doesn't end when they go home at the end of their day. It doesn't end when they go to the grocery store, it doesn't end when they go and pick up their kids from day care/school. It doesn't end if you're alone, it doesn't end in a group of 100 friends, it doesn't end if you have your wife and child by your side.

And as much as I despise some people on Blue's for what has been said, I would NEVER wish what Batz went through/is going through on ANY of you.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 24, 2015, 22:44 The Half Elf

Wow Hardline is nearing a flatline to be on sale that quick.  

News Comments > Telltale Marvel Game Plans
1. Re: Telltale Marvel Game Plans Apr 24, 2015, 10:30 The Half Elf

2 years away? I just don't see how this is going to work unless your Power Man and Iron Fist doing detective work.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 10:29 The Half Elf

I bought the beta, bought a HOTAS, but never really got into this. Am I the only one?  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
3. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 10:28 The Half Elf

O_O  

2. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2015, 22:42 The Half Elf

But can you play Quake/Doom on it?  

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
1. Re: King's Quest Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 20:24 The Half Elf

Last time I heard of "The Vision" was back in my Everquest days with Brad McQuaid..... *cringes*  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 20:06 The Half Elf

Really? Fucking slats of wood to barricade airplane compartments?!? Or better yet, lets have 4 guys STOMP across the roof of a aircraft we are going to infiltrate.

I don't know what the fuck they are trying to do with this game, but they really need to remove the Rainbox Six name from it. I mean it makes Rainbow Six Vegas look like a tactical sim.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
50. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 17:51 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 17:36:
Wouldn't 99.99999% of all games prohibit a modder charging for his/her mods to begin with?

That's the big question. Hell even Blizzard went after UI mod makers who were charging money.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
33. Just realized something... Apr 23, 2015, 16:16 The Half Elf

Anyone remember Quake Aliens back in 1997 that was "Fox'ed"?
Are we going to have publishers that use to have games on Steam with Workshop support pull their games because they aren't getting a cut of the money? And we are going to see lawsuits for people stealing other people's content and including it in 'All in One' mods and/or Int. Property rights?

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
14. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 12:58 The Half Elf

Krovven wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 11:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:10:
Well Rockstar sent out a email a month or so ago saying that accounts may have been compromised and to change your password.

Can you copy and paste the email? I just searched and I have no such email. I've also tried searching for info on this and only found 1 link to a site I've never heard of before, who cited no sources on their story.

If this did occur you'd think that the flood of recent "me too" articles on this topic, at least one of the stories would reference this from a few weeks ago.

I'm looking for it, when I find it I'll post it. Don't think it was a phising email.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 10:20 The Half Elf

Beefy Spec's but holy shit. Even for a Unreal Engine game that's pretty steep.
Um btw.. why is broadband Internet Connection Required? I'm sure there is some sort of multiplayer, but a little puzzled.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2015, 10:17 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 09:57:
Ok, that Star Destroyer ad was funny.

Well shit.. that's right up the road from me.... ROAD TRIP!

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
4. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 10:10 The Half Elf

Well Rockstar sent out a email a month or so ago saying that accounts may have been compromised and to change your password.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
3. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 10:09 The Half Elf

Looks interesting, but watching the video I can't help but want another Interstate 76 game.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 15:43 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:16:

Are you a Police Officer? Then I kindly ask all of you to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Unless you have the badge you have NOTHING to offer the conversation either way. So quit trying to be a armchair officer until you've lived the life.

The fact that you think police are immune to criticism from anyone who isn't a cop is truly frightening. The police are there to serve and protect US, not the other way around. They are accountable to us, not to each other. The sooner they learn this, the better.

I don't know how many more stories about unarmed or restrained people getting gunned down I can take. I'm fucking sick of it, and by extension, fucking sick of any piece of garbage who makes excuses for it.

What you said "The Fact that you think".
I have been EXTREMELY vocal that I believe that cops should be criticized for bad behavior. But at the same time, there are roughly between 700 to 800k law enforcement officers in the USA. And there are situations where they are using their position in ways that do not benefit anyone and make all cops look bad. Same goes with any job position out there.
That being said, there are 3 sides to EVERY story. And you have people in the community that think they are above the law. Furgeson is a great example of this (the initial story, not all the military wanna be bullshit that happened afterwords).

But you also have NO idea what cops have to deal with on and off duty.
Imagine this. You're at church with your wife and child, with other officers who are having their children baptized. An armed gentleman comes in who has had major conflict with the clergy, with the objective of killing people (that's right into a fucking church of cops, innocent people, children). The man is killed, and officers are shot, and will be in recovery for a year or more.

Shit happens every day on both sides. Crazy idiots (like the guy who wanted to be shot by the police but the officer didn't), and evil power hungry law enforcement officers. I'm not saying it's right by ANY stretch of the imagination, but to blindly, say shit without any experience, and never being affected by it is bullshit, and unfair.

Sign up for the military you have a ton of benefits to do so. Sign up to be a cop and you'll be underpaid, overworked, and be put in situations that you wish you'd never encounter.

All I ask is that you please consider the other side of the coin. Because if this is pissing you off, how do you think it feels to cops who are actually doing the job correctly?

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:17 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:16:

Are you a Police Officer? Then I kindly ask all of you to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Unless you have the badge you have NOTHING to offer the conversation either way. So quit trying to be a armchair officer until you've lived the life.

The fact that you think police are immune to criticism from anyone who isn't a cop is truly frightening. The police are there to serve and protect US, not the other way around. They are accountable to us, not to each other. The sooner they learn this, the better.

I don't know how many more stories about unarmed or restrained people getting gunned down I can take. I'm fucking sick of it, and by extension, fucking sick of any piece of garbage who makes excuses for it.

First of all dipshit, if you read my posts I have NEVER said police are immune to criticism, EVER. That is a FACT. And if you need to go google what a fact is, I suggest you do so. How fucking stupid are you to sit there behind your computer and tell me what I think about anything? And then call it a fact. Your ignorance is shocking.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 04:04 The Half Elf

I think it's the guys setup, as with M/KB or 360 controller on PC I've had no issues with mouse lag.  

9219 Comments. 461 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo