Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8882 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 3, 2014, 17:50 The Half Elf

PLEASE BE GOOD!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailer
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 23:14 The Half Elf

With exception of the intro/escape, and the cutscene's I thought Far Cry 3 was horrible, repetitive, and would have been A LOT more plausible if the military trained brother would have been the main character instead of the party boy middle brother. Not to mention all the things that were shown at E3 that were never in the game.

FC4 is really off my radar until some quality reviews come in.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 2, 2014, 20:30 The Half Elf

Is it bad that I'd rather have Obsidian make another Fallout New Vegas?  

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
4. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 17:51 The Half Elf

Interesting concept, except there one thing that irks the hell out of me. Shadows. If the player is outside in the level 'sun shadow' the player shadow blends perfectly, but in other places (namely inside) and at the 1:25 mark that just bugs the shit out of me. Not sure why but it's like first person games that don't project the players shadow, especially when you can look down and see the body of the character.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 2, 2014, 02:32 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 23:30:
Ascent is quite ambitious. Wonder how all that will pan out in the end. They're half way to funding after a day, so seems like we'll find out.

PVE MMO. Looked interesting until that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 2, 2014, 02:25 The Half Elf

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 20:17:
It stands for Queer or Questioning depending on who you ask. It's supposed to represent people who are still determining their orientation as I understand it. I work for an organisation that represents post-secondary unions so I've heard a lot about it. Additionally, there is I which stands for Intersex and 2S which stands for "two spirited", which I haven't gotten a concrete explanation on but apparently it has something to do with Native culture. It can become a very long acronym.

Yay more classifications! Q is new to me then again I don't give a shit. Should be more NOYFB for 'None of your fucking buisness'.

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
6. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 22:17 The Half Elf

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:30:
1. This is the wrong video
2. I've been coming here for ..jesus, 2 decades? I have no idea how to reach Blue.
3. Is Rift still doing well? I thought that since the MMOs that came after didn't really do that well, maybe Rift would've folded by now? Good for them if they are still doing well.

Contact nin on Steam. Tell nin what happened. nin leaves his van and walks across the street to inform Blue.

TADA!

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2014, 23:13 The Half Elf

Asmo wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 17:48:
Playing Gauntlet 4 way with some mates, not much thinking required (apart from the Elf continually shooting the fucking food /guiltylook) and a good old bit of co-op fun.

I SHOT NOTHING!

*points to the other elf on the forums*

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2014, 23:09 The Half Elf

Heard about this on the radio this morning. Nicely done sir, nicely done.

And damn that car is still sexy.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
4. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 29, 2014, 23:04 The Half Elf

I wonder where the paid shill is to hyper-promote this game?  

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
1. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 09:12 The Half Elf

The game working isn't the issue, it's how well it will work with all the bugs, and servers being up.  

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
3. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 28, 2014, 14:43 The Half Elf

This isn't the first, or second or third time doing this. EVERY single X game has been a horrid mess until a year later. But at least with the previous games, they typically have had some sort of sale to push the NEXT BIG PATCH. But also almost a year later and it's 50 bucks on Steam (or 65 for the CE) is absurd.  

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
1. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 28, 2014, 14:23 The Half Elf

50 bucks for a very broken game, and then you want to release paid DLC?

So long Egosoft, it was nice knowing you.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
38. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 26, 2014, 18:00 The Half Elf

Wetworks24 wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 23:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 23:46:
Redmask wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 23:23:
No it doesn't stink, look at his post history. It is your average gamer interests in every way. If he's considered a paid shill then I'm not sure what you call the people like slick or axis.

That being said, every bit of hands on time with this game from accountable sources have indicated the game is nothing special.

Thankfully there is another Survival Horror game coming out a week sooner! And as much as I hate Gearbox for Aliens: CM, I REALLY want to pre-order Aliens Isolation for the Nostromo Crew missions. I mean who wouldn't want to go back to that classic movie and try to survive the Alien and the whacked out android?

You sound like a paid shill for Sega.

But see at least I can flat out say that I have no connections in any way shape or form to Sega, Obsidian, or any sort of marketing team that has been hired to promote a game that has gotten nothing but 'Meh' reviews.
In fact even with the fiasco of Aliens CM, I'm actually looking forward to Aliens Isolation. Hats off to Creative Assembly for being able to do something other then Total War series of games, and bring back the look and feel of Alien, and putting the player in a survival horror game worthy of the genre, not some Resident Evil clone.

I have to agree, how the hell do you have the story 'your inside a mansion going after some crazy doctor who's home is littered with grenades and different types of crossbow bolts'?

20. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 25, 2014, 23:46 The Half Elf

Redmask wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 23:23:
No it doesn't stink, look at his post history. It is your average gamer interests in every way. If he's considered a paid shill then I'm not sure what you call the people like slick or axis.

I am looking at his post history. Look at every one that's related to Aliens Isolation and The Evil Within. He makes a rapid fanboi blush.

That being said, every bit of hands on time with this game from accountable sources have indicated the game is nothing special.

Thankfully there is another Survival Horror game coming out a week sooner! And as much as I hate Gearbox for Aliens: CM, I REALLY want to pre-order Aliens Isolation for the Nostromo Crew missions. I mean who wouldn't want to go back to that classic movie and try to survive the Alien and the whacked out android?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 23:12 The Half Elf

LOL Rigs.

Not sure why I'm pushing this (typically not my style) but come on now, doesn't it stink a little bit?

I was sorta hoping for 'I'm Michael Rigs, and I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok!'

14. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 25, 2014, 22:46 The Half Elf

Deleted.

Pre-Order Aliens Isolation for a real Survival Horror game.

Winner of so many awards that even a facehugger can't even wrap it's tail around it!

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2014, 23:40.

12. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 25, 2014, 22:07 The Half Elf

Deleted.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2014, 23:38.

8. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 25, 2014, 21:38 The Half Elf

Deleted.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2014, 23:38.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2014, 21:32 The Half Elf

what if you were in a relationship that wasn't doing so well? You 'wake up' and are told this is your husband/wife. Do you feel obligated to try to have a relationship with them, and what if children are involved?

Think I'd want the baggage then trying to grow up again as a adult.

8882 Comments. 445 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo