Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8474 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 4, 2013, 22:03 The Half Elf

I haven't watched it but if it's the same guy from Walken plays Skyrim it was just as terrible.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Console BioShock Bundle
9. Re: Console BioShock Bundle Jan 4, 2013, 17:11 The Half Elf

MajorD wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:55:
Damn! And here I wanted to put all those 'collectable' stickers on the back window of my car. Wink

You mean Like this? Snagged it a few days before Xmas heh.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Console BioShock Bundle
8. Re: Console BioShock Bundle Jan 4, 2013, 16:56 The Half Elf

Bad Post, nothing to see here!

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2013, 17:12.

News Comments > Take-Two Stake Taken
3. Re: Take-Two Stake Taken Jan 4, 2013, 15:57 The Half Elf

With GTA5 coming, hell I'd buy 10% Since GTA 3, Take-Two's stock has always jumped when a new GTA game is announced and near release.  

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore This Weekend
6. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:50 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:27:
Well, even though Sleepy Dogs isn't a visual stunner I did like the demo so for $17 I bit.

Did ya get the HD Texture pack? Visually it's pretty impressive.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Sony blocking used game sales Jan 4, 2013, 08:32 The Half Elf

Give me a system where (like Steam) I don't need a physical copy of the game, but at the same time could trade that game to another person. You get more money to the developers bypassing Brick and Mortar, and you curb second hand sales.

Only after Sony beefs up their network cause holy crap it's slow as hell.

News Comments > AoE Online Content Development Ceasing
10. Re: AoE Online Content Development Ceasing Jan 4, 2013, 08:28 The Half Elf

They keep this going but kill off Flight... I don't get it..  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 3, 2013, 01:24 The Half Elf

Now if you crazy kiwi's would just get Weta Workshop to start mass producing Warthogs...  

News Comments > The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans
22. Re: The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans Jan 2, 2013, 22:15 The Half Elf

From what I have played (all the classes on both sides) there isn't a single person I'd want to fuck of the same sex. From the Mass Effect games the only 2 that I'd even consider were the gay shuttle pilot, and the beefy muscle chunk.... er... um.. Mr Vega. In ME 2 I dated Jax cause she was just so... out there, and Rebecca (the women in the white suit with the boob lines)?

But I agree the romance lines were SOOOO much better in Dragon Age Origins as I did sleep with Morrigan and Alistar.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Funded
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 2, 2013, 16:36 The Half Elf

Well I'm skeptical of all kickstarters, but I do hope this and Robert's games ship.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans
2. Re: The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans Jan 2, 2013, 16:35 The Half Elf

YOU LEAVE MY BELOVED R2 UNIT OUT OF THIS BLUE! DEM'S FIGHTING WORDS!  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul
9. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 15:13 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:11:
(don't let PHJF drive in Dead Island, or stand behind you with a pointy weapon in Chivalry)

I have a motion to rename PHJF to "Friendly-Fire PHJF". Do I have a second?

Creston

HE HIT ME IN THE HEAD WITH A FREAKING TRUCK TRYING TO 'SAVE ME' FER CHRIST SAKE! Lady asks for help pulling her husband out of an overturned car, while PHJF went to go get apple juice and fuel. I start opening the door and it triggers some zombies. 'I'll come save you!' says PHJF. Next thing I know my body goes through the car of the guy I'm trying to pull out and I'm dead. I sorta laugh and asked what happened? He's laughing his ass off, saying that the truck jumped over the rock, OVER the car and hit me in the head, I bounced off a rock and through the overturned car's passenger AND driver windows.
At least it finally explains why my character's shadow looks like I'm running like a retard.

Then again he blamed me for bringing down the Runic Torchlight 2 servers last night too

News Comments > LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements
7. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 15:01 The Half Elf

Just one of those series that benefits from a controller.

I just wish they'd put internet co-op back in the series.

News Comments > GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues
12. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:53 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:43:
I want to try Dark Souls, it sounds interesting. $18 on amazon or $19.99 on Steam right now, the problem is I don't have a controller for my PC.

Looking around online, the xbox360 controller for PC is $50-60... is it worth it to even buy this game if the controller required to play it is basically the cost of a brand new game? Opinions please. Obviously once I HAD the controller I could consider other consolish games, but still.

At the very least am I missing some cheap controller source?

*EDIT* Ok found one as low as $36, will continue the search. How bad is Dark Souls with Keyboard/Mouse? *EDIT*

ps. Bought entirely too much off gog.com the past few weeks.

Go to Gamestop and buy one of their controllers, plug it into a usb slot and let windows install the driver for it and viola all done. Got mine for 20 bucks and works fine and I have a second 360 controller, but I use it mainly for the PC.
OR
You can buy the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows for 17 bucks on Amazon and use your regular wireless 360 controllers.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2013, 14:58.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul
4. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 14:11 The Half Elf

Yes they are offering a trip to Belize, but also like the E3 demonstration, when you arrive at the airport you find out your not going to Belize but to a stage set in Tijuana that LOOKS like Belize.

Also was playing Dead Island with PHJF last night and the game looks better (with exception of main character models) then Far Cry 3.

(don't let PHJF drive in Dead Island, or stand behind you with a pointy weapon in Chivalry)

News Comments > LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements
5. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 14:10 The Half Elf

I just want the Wii U Lego game to come out on real platforms  

News Comments > Remedy Teases 2013 Plans
9. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 14:06 The Half Elf

Saints Row series, Jedi Knight Outcast and Academy, Dungeon Defenders, LEGO games, etc, etc etc.  

News Comments > GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues
2. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 13:57 The Half Elf

It started off strong pre-Xmas, but now it's fading fast. Then again Steam is known for huge deals on the last day of their sales.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM
27. Re: Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM Jan 1, 2013, 22:26 The Half Elf

But the servers have been down for hours with no dev response...  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in March?
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Jan 1, 2013, 13:23 The Half Elf

AC3 has issues on the 360 as well. But my biggest annoyance (and they use it in Far Cry 3 as well) is how the level of detail uses a 'materializing in' effect with triangles. I know it's a new or upgraded engine, but tech wise it seems like a step back from the previous games.  

8474 Comments. 424 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo