Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8696 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2013, 16:35 The Half Elf

Trek 2 was ok... still rather tired of the re-tred of beer sets for engineering etc.

Now what was f'ing amazing was seeing the Man of Steel Trailer in IMAX 3D.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights
2. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 11:48 The Half Elf

So where is all this money coming from?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
9. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 11:33 The Half Elf

Hey now fuck off with the Lego Games shit!

They are awesome and the latter games require just as much patience as a Skyrim game.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 10, 2013, 04:30 The Half Elf

Ode to Garry's Mod was fucking AWESOME!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 10, 2013, 04:19 The Half Elf

Ogre's are like onions...  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots May 9, 2013, 01:23 The Half Elf

MAY I PLEASE HAVE IT? NOW?!?

Now that I have the new rig, BRING IT ON!

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
30. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 03:20 The Half Elf

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 8, 2013, 02:53:
The Half Elf wrote on May 8, 2013, 02:35:
What if I have OTHER games besides 'murder simulators'. Like for example Kerbal Space Program, does that qualify me to work for NASA? ...
Now STFU.
According to the anti-gun nuts, yes those qualify you to work for NASA and be a quarterback. Not to mention to be a professional truck driver across Europe, among other things.

Do I qualify as a anti-gun nut? (not to you Mashiki just asking in general) I like guns, don't plan on owning one, enjoy shooting them once in a blue moon, but really think we should have very strict registration laws on them.
Is there any reason someone MUST have a gun within a month (for example)?

27. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 02:39 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on May 8, 2013, 00:24:
mag wrote on May 8, 2013, 00:12:
For a related reason, games that feature licensed cars tend to (or at least used to) not feature visible vehicle damage.

That's actually a requirement of the license? That's just absolutely fucking retarded.

Creston

It use to be, that the license cars could only have limited amount of damage and could not be flipped onto it's roof. That's changed over the years, but Forza 4, Horizon (and maybe 3) have huge disclaimers when the game starts that not all parts are street legal, airbag deployment is not simulated, and obey the law.

26. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 02:35 The Half Elf

ledhead1969 wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:24:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 7, 2013, 20:55:
It was disgusting that EA was funding the gun industry anyway.

Checking your Steam games you are chock full of murder simulation playing, or criminal simulation if I include your GTA games. Stop thinking you are any better than the rest of us, NRA included. The gun industry protects your pathetic existence and makes it possible for you to live in your mom's basement spouting off about how bad guns are.

So I have a question for ya ledhead. What if I have OTHER games besides 'murder simulators'. Like for example Kerbal Space Program, does that qualify me to work for NASA? If I play Madden am I qualifyed to be a quarterback/coach? Can I drive a big rig across Europe because I've played Euro Trucker 2? I mean I have shitloads of hours in Theme Hospital, Rollercoaster Tycoon, so can I practice medicine at my custom built theme park?

And as for GTA (GTA4 in particular), I taught my nephew (who was 5 at the time) how to drive a bus, stay in his own lane, stop at red lights and drive perfectly NORMAL, without firing a single weapon, or running anyone over. YES he played a 'murder simulator' without killing anyone, or having to swap insurance information.

Now STFU.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer
11. Re: Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer May 7, 2013, 17:53 The Half Elf

Jerykk wrote on May 7, 2013, 16:25:
It looks like the game still takes place in Steelport, which is disappointing. Makes me think this will be more of an expansion pack than a true sequel.

Here are my issues with it.
It's WAY to over the top to be a Saints game.
It looks like an overpriced expansion pack.
Dub-Step Montage.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots May 7, 2013, 14:24 The Half Elf

Tanks didn't grab me, Planes wasn't my cup of tea, but I think I could dig this one.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 14:23 The Half Elf

Bioshock 2 MP wasn't bad (when it worked), it was a nice throwback to the old Wheel of Time game multiplayer (spell system).  

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer
2. Re: Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer May 7, 2013, 13:29 The Half Elf

Coulda sworn it said Saints Row 4, not Infamous 3/Prototype 3....

Sorry Volition, not gonna join you on this adventure.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 7, 2013, 04:19 The Half Elf

Also went from a 650PSU to 700wPSU

Um here is what I dug up on http://ark.intel.com/products/65523

Still have my EVGA 560ti card with 1 gig of ram, and Far Cry 3 runs silky smooth now with everything on.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Guess who's back! May 7, 2013, 02:17 The Half Elf

After a week of no computer use (poor Nexus 7 has never been used/abused so much) I'M BACK!

So from this:
P7N SLI Platinum MB
Intel® Core2 Duo Processor E8400
(6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
and 4 gigs of crap ram

to

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Intel i7-3770k LGA1155
8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800

That new computer parts smell NEVER gets old.
Now to spend 3 hours in Windows Update and it's off to see if I can choke this system on a game

*HUGS* I missed you all... even Cutter

News Comments > Pacific Rim Game Rating Sighted
4. Re: Pacific Rim Game Rating Sighted May 6, 2013, 09:53 The Half Elf

Shogo with giant monsters please!  

54. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2013, 01:34 The Half Elf

Well I think I narrowed it down to 2 options. Noticed a black spot on (looks like it,s burned out) on a black wire on a 4 pin that plugs into the power spot on the motherboard for the CPU. Or the motherboard finally bit the big one. I have a MSI 7340 sli motherboard and a Intel duo core 8400. Think I'll just go ahead and replace the mb and CPU and ram in a few weeks. Ugh
If anyone can check out microcenter.com and guide me towards a CPU mb and ram for under 400-450 I'd appreciate it.

Stupid tablet.

38. Tech support time Apr 30, 2013, 17:38 The Half Elf

So did my yearly cleaning out of the computer case and even pulled the CPU and redid the paste. Now I get power but can't get to the bios. Any ideas would help cause this nexus 7 ain't cutting it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 30, 2013, 13:04 The Half Elf

The FBI story is rather funny.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2013, 12:12 The Half Elf

When consoles have the power of the original Alan Wake demo machine then I'll start paying attention.  

8696 Comments. 435 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo