Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8951 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
29. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 19:04 The Half Elf

Zanderat1 wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 16:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 11:30:
Fallout with Skyrim engine and Steam Workshop? TAKE MY KIDNEYS!
Don't need STEAM Workshop. There is already a Fallout Nexus.

While I agree it's better for the amount of items, it's just easier with the Workshop.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
1. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 11:30 The Half Elf

Fallout with Skyrim engine and Steam Workshop? TAKE MY KIDNEYS!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:24 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 14:10:
Yeah, this is taking a looooooooong time.

Also, what's up with all the zombies being women? I understand it's an alpha, but that's odd.

Surely you know how women are evil vile creatures that will rend the flesh from your bones?

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:00 The Half Elf

The animation system is still just bleh.
Don't get me wrong the idea I love, but by the time this comes out in 2014-15, the game is going to be so dated that it'll be left in the dust. At this point why not take what they have done and use the ARMA 3 engine?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 21:22 The Half Elf

So how is the Playstation Store for the PS4? Does it automatically download and install stuff like Xbox Live or still the extra steps of downloading, installing, deleting, starting up the game and then patching?  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2013, 18:45 The Half Elf

Sorta funny, as a week ago I didn't have internet, and all my games worked offline because I downloaded them, and installed them before I lost my internet.

Yes, Steam has DRM. But when DRM is subtle, unobtrusive, and doesn't feel like me being bent over a pinball machine, I have no problems with it.
Hell even Origin is pretty good, but myself (and many others) have such a bad taste in our mouth's from years of EA BS, we don't want to use it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2013, 12:02 The Half Elf

Wish I was on that flight, I would have had the wuppy in my lap the entire flight! (sides I'm low on my 'rubbing the softest ears in the world that only a lab has' quota).  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2013, 04:05 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 22:37:
I took Potpourri for one hundred
And then my head started to spin
Well, I'm givin' up Don Pardo
Just tell me now what I didn't win, yeah, yeah!

I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)!

AL FOREVER!

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 01:14 The Half Elf

Wouldn't it be ironic if PS4 suffers the Blue Pulse of Death, after doing a 180 from the PS3 launch, and the 360's Red Ring of Death.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 11:23 The Half Elf

Blue Pulse of Death?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 13, 2013, 21:21 The Half Elf

I'd hit it!  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2013, 20:51 The Half Elf

Wish they'd remove Last Team Standing from the Jobs and put it over in deathmatch.  

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
11. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 20:47 The Half Elf

Where's Creston so I can beg him to get me a copy of Rebirth  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2013, 00:52 The Half Elf

Kosumo wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 19:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 18:55:
more than that, they need 90% under priviliged slaving away or the entire capitalist bullshit construct would fall apart.

Remind me again why we should stop climate change. Let it kill humanity. Nothing of value would be lost to the universe.

Dude, wtf, do you think that aliens could make better Micheal Bay films than Micheal Bay ..... I DON'T THINK SO! (Other than Micheal Bay you're right)

Independence Day.

I Win!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2013, 00:50 The Half Elf

As a ex-meth user (and someone who never smokes marijuana but would like to see it legalized and taxed to death), from a quick google, roughly 200,000 deaths from drugs in 2012. Alcohol causes nearly 4 percent of deaths worldwide, more than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence, according to the World Health Organization.

If you want to get rid of drug user's there is a very simple and easy way to do it. Have drug center's that give out free drugs, but you cannot leave until your sober. Most idiots (and I came close a few times) will kill themselves on the drugs. Thank god I was a recreational user and not a 'I need a fix to funtion' type, but certain drugs like Heroin do need to be destroyed due to the horrible effects.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
17. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 00:20 The Half Elf

Whiskers wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 22:16:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 22:06:
Nice of them to make it free. The one thing I would have liked to see added, but wasn't, is a never ending game mode. Would be nice instead of just working your way to the boss fight and end game, to instead be able to move around the maps freely without the pursuit.

There is a mod that does this. It's called Infinite Space
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542

Bless you for linking this!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 00:19 The Half Elf

GL1zdA wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 17:45:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:32:
Blizzard president Mike Morhaime on razing Diablo 3's auction house, rebuilding Titan

"I think our players recognized that. We were really looking to see what would happen with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because they don't have an auction house. The response to the console versions was extremely positive, and most people cited the lack of an auction house."

Well, that and the offline mode.

They created the auction house to undercut or compete with black market gold farmers. I get that. The problem is that they took the additional step of designing the loot system so that it forced you to the auction house. That's where they screwed the pooch. Had they made a complete game that stood alone, THEN added in the auction house, I don't think you would have seen nearly the same number of complaints.
I don't think they designed the loot system around the AH. If you remember loot from D2 or LoD, it was similar to what we have got in D3. It was hard to have nice items in D2/LoD without trading, and before 1.10, after several trades, you could have a character who would slay everything on Hell in any location. The same worked in D3, except for insane champions/unique monsters (Invincible-Molter-Jailer and similar), but they simply adjusted the difficulty.

I don't get why people want offline mode in Diablo 3 - a game where you know the story after 10 hours and after that you only look for loot so your character can be more leet than others and you play with others to socialize. Diablo single player is like drinking alone, it's the last step before the border between being a nerd and a lunatic.

Because when I didn't have internet for the last 2 weeks I really would have liked to play Diablo 3, but couldn't due to lack of internet connection.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 10, 2013, 20:08 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:20:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:17:
And That’s A Wrap! BlizzCon® 2013 Has Officially Come to an End.

Zug-zug.

I'm surprised, especially with the design of the new WOW expansion to cover the history of WC1/WC2, that they didn't announce any sort of online download of the two games. I'd gladly pay $5-$10 each for digital copies that would run fine under 7/8...

Probably will be in the CE's on the flash drive like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 19:46 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:45:
Not that I'm advocating cheating (perish the thought! *thinks back to the fact that he's cheated in every single single-player game he's ever played* heh) but if you look at the video (and can stand the guy's 'uh, but ya' over and over and over and...ARGH!) at about 1:42, you'll see that it says that if you leave a job too many times without finishing it, you'll be put in the pool as well. I wouldn't say that's cheating, just being a pain in the ass...fine line? *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

Well the 'pool' is bullshit. I was put in the 'Bad Sport' pool for 2 days because I was blowing up other players vehicles without them in it. I was being griefed by bastard's that cheated and glitched their way up to the 80's the first week, so I would kill them and blow up their cars so it would cost them time and money to get the car back.

They need to just do what they did with GTA4 and Red Dead. Have 'fun' and 'normal' servers, allow people to create crews like posse's in RDR, tweak what a Bad Sport is, and finally go over the transaction bank logs of characters the first few weeks that Online was live and somewhat functional.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 10, 2013, 10:38 The Half Elf

Hell that's about 20 mins away... I can go pick it up for ya nin if ya want... But you won't get it until a month after Watch Dogs comes out  

8951 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo