Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8771 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2013, 11:46 The Half Elf

Calling BS on the 5 star, unless there is some magic way to get your headlights repaired while driving at :51 then back at 1:03 then missing again.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
33. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 10:05 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 09:22:
hahahha Some funny stuff in this video on YouTube - Mythbusters GTA style....

Defend the House has done quite a few Myth gaming video's over the years

And while I could have that vehicle, I follow Trevor's lead and destroy anything related to The Lost, including going back to their trailer park over and over to eradicate them.
Now to steal the C130...

Also finding there is no efficient way to make money after the story ends, except for the stock market and it takes ALOT of manipulation.

I don't see how anyone is buying the golf club without using the money exploits.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 10:16.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 03:33 The Half Elf

Both Beamer.

I have to agree Rigs, that all the commercials for GTA5 have it running silky smooth...

And after clicking on the link it does appear GTA Online will have RL money options. Sad...

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 03:45.

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 23, 2013, 23:20 The Half Elf

Seriously, at the rate you guys play I feel like the Kingpin....

BTW... Success!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 20:46 The Half Elf

The thing is the New Vegas DLC has a overarching story that ends with the last DLC (which I have not played).

I can get to the vehicles nin, I can get in them and take off, but the problem is most of them have take some sort of damage that I can't get them to the airfield to store them, or 400 cops all over the airfield.

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 23, 2013, 20:43 The Half Elf

Well, if you buy a Shark Card (as mentioned in the radio ad), your money is secure (in the same way you will be able to buy car insurance in game). This way if your killed, your not dropping all the money you have on you (which was mentioned by a dev and several media outlets playing the Online version of the game).  

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 18:53 The Half Elf

Stealing vehicles/aircraft off the military base is a PITA!  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 14:10 The Half Elf

You won't be able to pull off a wheelie with the Green bike that Frank gets. But other bikes is just like the previous games, just pull back on the left stick. If you are doing them to get driving skill up, then don't worry about it as you'll get all 3 characters to max driving and stamina before the end of the game.

Creston there are 69 story missions, if you check your stats (you'll see what's left). As for FIB missions, there are quite a few so need to be a bit more specific.

As for the game, only major issue I had was with the story of Frank and Mike. I would have let Lamar hang himself, and beaten the shit out of Mike's family. Trevor was the only one who actually didn't let himself get walked all over, and has a soft side with telling stories to Wade.

Stealth is VERY useful, but takes awhile to build up, and wish I would have spent more time getting the skill up in the story, especially for Frank and Trevor.

Also some Freaks and Strangers only show up at certain times of the day (day or night), and some I didn't even know about (Mike's Cult) until googling.

Also make sure you stop for strangers as you'll meet someone from GTA4 , who will join your crew. And you can get some nice cars as well.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 13:24 The Half Elf

8 days till GTA Online.. *mumbles*  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 13:09 The Half Elf

Honestly the cops are freaking CAKE, especially if your downtown near parking garages. It's all about line of sight. Get up to 4-5 stars and that's where the fun is.

Example: 4 Star, at this point ya probably have 1-3 heli's in on the chase as well. Get to a parking garage or offroad to seperate the heli's. Hop out and take down the gunmen or pilot with a assault rifle fairly easy.

Remember it's all about line of sight.

But I was pissed I spent a assload of money to mod Trevor's truck and poof it all disappeared.

Story Complete, now working on 100%

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 23, 2013, 02:44 The Half Elf

Julio wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 13:17:
Why does every job have to have a split of women to men that reflects the population? Should we fire women in female dominated fields to make room for men? The concept of the best person for the job is antiquated thinking it seems.

Hey if you want the pink Mary Kay vehicle that's all on you buddy!

37. Re: Global Warming, Video Game Violence Deniers Roll Dice With Science. Sep 22, 2013, 22:07 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 19:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 14:31:
Again with my last upgrade my 560ti 1GB handles anything you can throw at it. With exception of Star Citizen, is there anything else coming out in the next 3 years that might even require SLI?

ARMA 3.

The entire ARMA series wouldn't run better if ya threw a dozen Cray super computers at it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2013, 18:19 The Half Elf

Numinar wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 17:58:
(Half Elf quote fail)

No, but unnecessary. I would play that same game again uprezzed with better textures. Technology wise that engine has everything it needs.

Well I think it's an upgraded version of the RDR engine, but damn it's a sexy engine.
Texture wise, go to Basket's and you can practically read all the posters, and if ya go to McKinley field, just inside the doors you can read the paper headlines with the mentions of Lost and the Damn leader. It wouldn't really need that much of a bump texture wise, but how much more horsepower would ya need to pull it off?

9. Re: Global Warming, Video Game Violence Deniers Roll Dice With Science. Sep 22, 2013, 14:31 The Half Elf

Quboid wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 14:26:
Nice. What graphics card is with that?

I went with 16GB on my recent upgrade but I'm not sure there's much benefit over 8GB. I have a Geforce 660 2GB, tempted to go SLI - probably better bang:buck than a single 780 or suchlike.

Again with my last upgrade my 560ti 1GB handles anything you can throw at it. With exception of Star Citizen, is there anything else coming out in the next 3 years that might even require SLI?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2013, 14:04 The Half Elf

Is it bad that I'm really wanting another Red Dead Redemption using the new GTA5 engine?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 22, 2013, 14:02 The Half Elf

Even though i don't have it, I know my original Xbox is still running.

Then again it's been properly taken care of, cleaned, dusted, and vented.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 22, 2013, 03:36 The Half Elf

THOSE ARE NOT THE SCREENSHOTS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2013, 22:54 The Half Elf

Senior moment.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2013, 22:40 The Half Elf

16 years? Dear fucking lord do I feel old.

Just found my UO Beta CD a few days ago

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 21, 2013, 22:32 The Half Elf

crypto wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 19:38:
It is not clear how Microsoft qualifies "audience" in this context.
I know, they are counting girlfriends forced into watching the boyfriend play

You'd be surprised how many significant others don't play games but actually do want to watch the game.

My Ex begged me to play Red Dead Redemption twice so he could watch the entire story.

8771 Comments. 439 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo