Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8482 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
60. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 22:51 The Half Elf

Ya know Tina is voiced by Ash from 'Hey Ash Whatcha Playin?' right?

Seriously the game has fucking midgets (which it calls midgets) all bondaged up on riot shields, acts of murder against a grandmother and the only fucking thing someone can come up with is RACIST?

Even Fox news does a better job of covering crap like this.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Super Bowl Feb 3, 2013, 22:46 The Half Elf

Not a huge football fan, but damn that was exciting. Really wish the 49'ers would have won.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Super Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Super Sunday Consolidation Feb 3, 2013, 13:50 The Half Elf

Dumping Forza Horizon's and returning to Midtown Madness? Crimson Skies? Mechwarrior 4 updated to 2013 graphics?

TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW!

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
15. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 3, 2013, 13:49 The Half Elf

But if Tina was black it would be ok, just like it would be ok for me to call other gays faggots? (which I don't unless they are flaming faggots, in which case I just beat them with their own purses and stab them in the eyes with their overpriced shoes they bought after watching a episode of Sex in the City, but that's another story)...

*goes off to watch Louis CK describing a Cinnabon as a fat faggot treat and isn't offended in the least bit*

News Comments > Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released
4. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 12:38 The Half Elf

Ok, now I'm starting to get pissed.

'Give us money to make game X', that I get. What I don't get is how all this other stuff is being made and with what money. From the trailer they split up the entire company into small groups to make separate OTHER games for 2 weeks.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: U.S. Senator: Jan 31, 2013, 10:04 The Half Elf

Maybe there should be a age cutoff for running for office? How about some sort of common sense testing?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2013, 20:10 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:29:
InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 09:52:
nin wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 09:36:
Uranus takes a pounding more frequently than thought.

The jokes write themselves...

"Thanks Cutter." I loled. I really did.

I'll never tell while the sun is shining.

Glomp

*locks the deadlock and slide chain. throws the curtains closed and then peeks out of the corner*

*whispers* They are watching......

News Comments > Morning Q&As
8. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 20:04 The Half Elf

If you sold your soul to EA and watch your company burned to the ground wouldn't you turn to alcohol?  

News Comments > GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots
19. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 20:05 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 13:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:41:
They lose me at drifting Mclarens.
Since the Forza series I just can't fucking stand figure skating.. er... drifting, and to show off a RACING game with guys in RL drifting is unforgivable.

Just out of curiosity, why is it unforgivable? What's wrong with drifting?

Creston

It's the cars they are in that they can't drive that's unforgivable. It's like owning a Ferrari and going to the local McDonald's parking lot and doing donuts.

Ok you guys missed the RL in my post means REAL LIFE. You don't take Mclarens with Mclaren drivers and drive shitty with them on a track to show off a driving game.
If they were going for the Forza Horizons, or Need for Speed sorta feel I would understand that to a point, but racing has always been about 2 things. 1)Best time, 2)first across the finish line.

Next thing you know they'll show Micheal Schumacher skidding and drifting around corners in a F1 car.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Mocumentary
5. Re: BioShock Infinite Mocumentary Jan 28, 2013, 11:42 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 10:43:
The whole "we're going to go off and form our own country" screams (original) bioshock (only this time in the air and not underwater). But I enjoyed that one a bit, so I hope it's more of the same in a good way.

I'd be more interested in Ryan and the creator of this city sitting down and having a 'civil' argument... perhaps over a game of golf Underwater/Anti-Religion vs Sky/Religion.... FIGHT!

News Comments > GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots
4. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 11:41 The Half Elf

They lose me at drifting Mclarens.
Since the Forza series I just can't fucking stand figure skating.. er... drifting, and to show off a RACING game with guys in RL drifting is unforgivable.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 28, 2013, 11:37 The Half Elf

Yeah but my money is on Gabe. Remember the kickstarter video he was in, forging that crowbar with his mad skillz?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2013, 10:59 The Half Elf

I made breakfast caserole.. and mac and cheese.... I still can't cook for shit.

Who's on first was awesome, but those movie posters are incredible. If I could afford a few I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 28, 2013, 10:43 The Half Elf

Ok now THAT is a cool Collector's Edition. Sadly Ironside is not voicing Sam and it's even worse then 'the new Scooter' in Borderlands 2.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Mocumentary
2. Re: BioShock Infinite Mocumentary Jan 28, 2013, 10:39 The Half Elf

Kinda reminds me of Crimson Skies intro.  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 10:37 The Half Elf

Not a bad remix either.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2013, 23:39 The Half Elf

It's like Johnny 5 and Crow (from MST3K) had some sorta deformed baby...  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 26, 2013, 23:47 The Half Elf

My question is, has anyone bought all 3 systems and not gotten their money's worth out of software for them? In the current gen of hardware (not counting Wii U), you really had 2 platforms. 1st is 360/PS3 (which are 95-99% the identical game), and the Wii.

The 360/PS3 versions are typically identical with minor changes (like shadows, or texture detail), while the Wii is typically a watered down version of the same game made to work with the under-powered Wii.

All 3 consoles had really weak launch titles, with Nintendo's biggest hit being the packed in the game with a Zelda game being the same game as the Gamecube version. Microsoft faired a little better with some exclusive launch titles, and finally Sony had 1 exclusive launch title with Resistance.

Now since those launches have the systems 'been worth it' in terms of game released since then? Microsoft and Sony both have solid selection of just about anything you could want, but Nintendo Wii owners have (in my personal opinion) been acting like they are just waiting for the next good game to show up due to all the crappy versions of other games on the Wii.

Now I ask, how can you invest 300-700 dollars into a console (regardless of generation) and not think of it as a long term investment? Hell I even bought my Gamecube because it had several games I wanted to play, but I never thought 'oh hey I'll spend 400 bucks to play 1 game and never use it again', it's ludicrous to think like that.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jan 26, 2013, 21:03 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 20:21:
....am I the only one still sticking to my guns on not installing Origin?

No I'm trying to get PHJF to get Battlefield 3 for 12 bucks but he won't budge due to Origin. That and he's been brainwashed by a JRPG for the PS3.

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
42. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 26, 2013, 02:53 The Half Elf

The thing is, that the Maxis line of games aren't about short term sales.

Look at Sims 2 and 3. Get the core product out and DLC/Expansion the holy shit out of it. Look how long Sims 2 survived with how many expansions?

8482 Comments. 425 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo