Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8469 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 28, 2013, 10:43 The Half Elf

Ok now THAT is a cool Collector's Edition. Sadly Ironside is not voicing Sam and it's even worse then 'the new Scooter' in Borderlands 2.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Mocumentary
2. Re: BioShock Infinite Mocumentary Jan 28, 2013, 10:39 The Half Elf

Kinda reminds me of Crimson Skies intro.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 10:37 The Half Elf

Not a bad remix either.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2013, 23:39 The Half Elf

It's like Johnny 5 and Crow (from MST3K) had some sorta deformed baby...  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 26, 2013, 23:47 The Half Elf

My question is, has anyone bought all 3 systems and not gotten their money's worth out of software for them? In the current gen of hardware (not counting Wii U), you really had 2 platforms. 1st is 360/PS3 (which are 95-99% the identical game), and the Wii.

The 360/PS3 versions are typically identical with minor changes (like shadows, or texture detail), while the Wii is typically a watered down version of the same game made to work with the under-powered Wii.

All 3 consoles had really weak launch titles, with Nintendo's biggest hit being the packed in the game with a Zelda game being the same game as the Gamecube version. Microsoft faired a little better with some exclusive launch titles, and finally Sony had 1 exclusive launch title with Resistance.

Now since those launches have the systems 'been worth it' in terms of game released since then? Microsoft and Sony both have solid selection of just about anything you could want, but Nintendo Wii owners have (in my personal opinion) been acting like they are just waiting for the next good game to show up due to all the crappy versions of other games on the Wii.

Now I ask, how can you invest 300-700 dollars into a console (regardless of generation) and not think of it as a long term investment? Hell I even bought my Gamecube because it had several games I wanted to play, but I never thought 'oh hey I'll spend 400 bucks to play 1 game and never use it again', it's ludicrous to think like that.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jan 26, 2013, 21:03 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 20:21:
....am I the only one still sticking to my guns on not installing Origin?

No I'm trying to get PHJF to get Battlefield 3 for 12 bucks but he won't budge due to Origin. That and he's been brainwashed by a JRPG for the PS3.

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
42. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 26, 2013, 02:53 The Half Elf

The thing is, that the Maxis line of games aren't about short term sales.

Look at Sims 2 and 3. Get the core product out and DLC/Expansion the holy shit out of it. Look how long Sims 2 survived with how many expansions?

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
40. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 23:44 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 21:17:
honestly i have to stop reading the comments section on this website, it's just too depressing.

i'm really excited for this game. lord have mercy, saying this on a video game website is sure to net me a lot of hate i know, but goddamnit with every bit of media that comes through the cracks i get more and more excited. (i probably secretly work for EA)

i'm only worried as to stability issues if you read the kotaku article, but i have faith it'll all work out, this will be bigger than the sims. But i can see launch day being iffy at best.

the way this real simulation engine works is just awe-inspiring, seems to have something i've always thought missing from other "city builders". been playing some anno 2070 lately, and it just can't hold my attention. this new cim city looks like crack, i'm going to love whole weeks of my life to this game i can tell.

also, to all the haters on here, buzz off, no one wants to hear your anti-ea hyperbole bullshit nonsense. it's an article about how the lead visual designer has made modes to help people who are colorblind. and yet somehow you spin this into OOH EVIL EA STRIKES AGAIN! NOBODY CAN SAVE THIS FROM EA EVIL BLA BLA BLA. dumb-ass rhetoric. you guys really do make yourselves out to be knobs when you can't even stick to the issue at hand.

Obama is trying to get uninsured people access to healthcare, HE'S HITLER! OMG ITS COMMUNIST STALIN! IT'S HITLER-STALIN! OMGOMGOMG seriously take a deep breath and come at me with some reasoned logic and tempered reason, and you'll have an audience, until then flock off.

EA or not doesn't matter except for 1 think that is connected to the other thing that prevents me from buying this game.
EA loves to shut down servers. Granted they finally pulled the plug on Sims 2, everything in my core tells me that when they do that the game will be unplayable.
Which brings me to my second issue. There is no offline play at all. I just picked up Simcity 4 a few weeks ago on sale, because it doesn't require anything special to run it. From a longevity standpoint it would be better for EA to include an offline mode so they can continue sales long down the road.

The city size is a peeve, but if other cities in the region share resources it's a wash for me personally. Would I love bigger spaces? Of course.

29. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 19:13 The Half Elf

Anyone else read the Kotaku article? Servers had to be recycled because people couldn't play the game.

As much as I'd love to play this game there is no way in hell I'm playing a always online game when it's all based on internet connection, and that EA has a history of pulling the plug on servers.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2013, 22:48 The Half Elf

Do I have to wear a triple pair of sunglasses any time a blaster or lightsaber is used due to the lens flare?  

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
4. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 24, 2013, 22:45 The Half Elf

It's really not a bad game, but hit detection can be a fucking joke.

PHJF and I were messing around and he throws a spear that shows hitting the ground about 2 feet in front of me, but ends up being a headshot. Same with archery.

Still rather have a updated (visually) version of Jedi Academy's saber combat then this.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 16:33 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 10:59:
I wonder what sort of outcome I could get with one of those electric George Foreman dealies

Crappy, dry, undercooked meat is about all you get out of that. Unless it's chicken, it does do reasonably well with chicken.

Creston

WRONG!
Considering the only 'grilling' I do is on my Foreman, it's all about how ya cook with it. Yes, I do have a mini grill outside but sadly it's not been on my list of crap to do outside when it's FREEZING!

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
2. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 16:19 The Half Elf

22 mill for Volitionm, does that include their IP's?

Anyone wondering Kock Media is Deep Silver. REALLY wish Take 2 would have bought Volition, would have loved a Saints Row game with Rockstar Tech.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 09:32 The Half Elf

As a person who cannot cook, you are more then welcome to come grill on my patio ANY TIME YOU WANT. But I do ask for the occasional steak grilled with enough garlic seasoning to kill a small child... or two.

Also the Portal Song is awesome.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
4. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 23, 2013, 01:11 The Half Elf

Of the 'original gaming gods' how many are still working in the industry, and how many of them are relevant anymore?

NONE.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 01:40:
Narf2029 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 00:33:
Don't knock it til you try it. It's surprisingly cathartic.

Indeed, I actually just dropped by here to check the latest news after spending at least the last 3 hours playing ETS2. While I'm a big sim-racing fanatic, I'm not always crazy about these 'sim-everything' games (like Woodcutter Simulator or Garbage Truck Simulator (which is garbage btw) or whatever) but Euro Truck Sim 2 is really nice and a big upgrade from the 'barebones' '18 Wheels Of Steel' series. Things are thought out and the physics/driving engine is very good. Seriously, give it a try if you're even a tad bit interested or curious, it's worth it! Cool

=-Rigs-=

Rigs how can you drive anything that makes left AND right turns?

Does this mean eventually we'll get a Smokey and the Bandit game?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2013, 21:40 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 20:28:
Picked up Colonial Marines for $35 over at GMG because fuck it, that's why...

Ditto, I've spent more money on worse games!
I call dibs on welding doors shut in Co-Op!

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 Adds Offline Mode
2. Re: Miner Wars 2081 Adds Offline Mode Jan 21, 2013, 19:58 The Half Elf

Ditto, played the 1st mission. Nice looking game just got lost.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 21, 2013, 15:05 The Half Elf

So rip something out of another publication's article and put enough vagueness on it yourself to get some website hits?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 20, 2013, 20:21 The Half Elf

*hums Leisure Suit Larry and Hero's Quest themes*  

8469 Comments. 424 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo