Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8945 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2013, 17:50 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:46:
I want my tallywhacker to be voted Big Cock Johnson's Schvantz of the Year award!

Pics?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 17:29 The Half Elf

Julio wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 17:06:
Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:33:
My family doctor retired last year and a pair of women have taken over the practice. They seem to rotate depending on availability which doesn't let you build much of a familiarity or comfort level either.

Sometimes the second sentence is good, but not in this context

Hah.
My mom's doctor's office was like this, which made it a pain in the ass to schedule doctor's appointments, not to mention repeating medical issues to another doctor.

And before anyone gifts me anything on Steam, please take those funds and buy food/supplies, or donate it to Child's Play or something like that. I appreciate the offer's but there are better places the money can be spent

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2013, 17:41.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 16:17 The Half Elf

CptRanger on Steam I had to go into the Snuggle Truckô Gamer Protection Program after last years assault

EDIT:
Ok Changed it to TheHalfElf

20. By the way... Nov 27, 2013, 14:58 The Half Elf

Blue, how are you and Mrs. Blue doing?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 27, 2013, 14:51 The Half Elf

At this rate, I'm going to offer to do all of RSI's laundry, just so I can check their pockets for change.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 27, 2013, 13:40 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:15:
7 items most prized by computer collectors.

#8, a voodoo card.

Just found my first 3dfx card the other day digging through boxes. Mechwarrior 2 in all of it's accelerated glory... only to end up with 8 copies of Mechwarrior 2 that came with all video cards after that

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 13:29 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:09:
In other news, the Steam autumn sale has started! YAY!

Aww fuck, and I just got back from donating plasma.... who wants to be my Steam Autumn sale Sugar Daddy?

Donating plasma twice a week lets you know REALLY quickly who does and doesn't have the 'magic touch' with needles. But the worst shot I ever got was a tetanus shot, and while the injection didn't hurt, the spot they did hurt for a week. And as a person who sleeps on his right side, dear lord it fucking hurt!

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2013, 13:21 The Half Elf

Blue, I would vote for you, TWICE even!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
28. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 13:19 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 10:52:
BitWraith wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:45:
This is a good time for them to get aggressive. With ESO sucking the biggest wang ever, they might get some traction.

I play GW2 currently. I really enjoy it.

Okay, ill bite, in what way did ESO suck? Other than being an early beta and having a lot of bugs I saw nothing about the game that had me thinking the game sucked. There were some aspects that I think they need to change.

Iíve got a few level 50 plus chars on GW2 and I like the game but the biggest drawback for me about that game is the down leveling of your char. I totally despise that style of game play, I want to go into an area and not get my ass kicked like some low level noob but thatís the crap you have to deal with in GW2.

ESO sucks because it's like playing Star Wars Galaxies before and after the Combat Upgrade/New Game Enhancements.
Before in SWG/Elder Scroll games, you are free to do it your way. Race, No Classes, just have at it. With ESO/NGE you pick a race (which determines which faction your in, pick a class (which is limited by your faction}, pick a weapon and then realize to get the utmost out of your racial perks for a weapon that you didn't want to use.
Character models, textures, and environments look better in vanilla Oblivion. Your 'randomly' teleported into the world with 50 other people mobbing a single npc (should have make it a single player mission so your not looking like a flash mob at a pajama party).

It's going to tank faster then The Old Republic, and I wish they'd just cancel it and and spend the money to add multiplayer to Fallout 4 and (hopefully) the next Elder Scrolls single player game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 01:11 The Half Elf

Yet they still can't ban all the assholes in games that spewed out of a Call of Duty match, not to mention the 6 year old's telling you to go fuck yourself.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 18:11 The Half Elf

The original 360's had noise issues, but the only time I've ever heard of an issues with scratched disc's is from idiots significantly moving the machine from the horizontal to vertical position while the drive was in operation. Hell there was a major gaming website doing an unboxing of the Xbox Elite with Fable 3 (I think) in the drive at the event and as soon as they turned it on it's side you can hear the drive scratching the disc up, then they pull the disc out and show it to the camera stating 'I guess you can't do that with the new units'. A bump or nudge is fine, but when people are knocking them around, tripping on them etc, and wondering why they have scratched disc's you wonder what they are really doing to do that.
Hell we had PS3 and 360 games come back to us via parents with children in tow, and would flat out ask them what happened and 7 out of 10 times the child would confess to f'ing it up cause they were doing something they weren't suppose to (including 1 kid getting cupped upside the back of his head for lieing about how it happened, and for destroying their parents game).

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 16:27 The Half Elf

Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:11:
I saw something interesting this morning.

I have a friend who manages a Gamestop. I went to visit her this morning while on my morning coffee run and she had a line of 4 people at the counter. Each one had a XBone in their hands. All four returned their systems and bought a PS4, the last 2 having to be put on a waiting list because the first two people got the last 2 PS4s in her store. Apparently she was told that people couldn't return broken XBones unless they were doing exchanges, had a receipt, and it was within the 48 hours. (or something along those lines) Since they never told her what the "exchange" has to be for she has been allowing people to change systems all together.

She is convinced her store got a full truckload of busted XBones because something like 75% of them have been returned already, where as only 2 PS4s have been returned to her store since they launched. Interestingly enough, she says she is selling more used PS3s (and PS3 games) than anything else at the moment.

I wonder how her experience compares to other stores. I can't believe that 75% of XBones are busted out of the box.

Um unless store policy has changed for console when I worked at Gamestop I'm gonna call BS.
1)As listed on the Gamestop website, they have 30 days to return a new console.
2) Gamestop just put out a press release less then a week ago stating they had a 2.3 million backorder for the PS4's. No store has a few extra just laying around.
3)It's looking like Microsoft use a cheap ass disc drive that (from the banging video) is fairly susceptible to being bounced around, and that could be caused by anything from leaving the factory for distribution, or stupid gamestop employee's (which I've seen first hand).

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 16:19 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:16:
Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 14:00:
nin wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 11:35:
Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 11:30:
Curious fix.

Someone needs to do a youtube video, taking the clip of the chimps from 2001: A Space Odyssey, only in this version they beat the xbone with bones and it suddenly reads a disc...

Dun. duuuun. duuuuuuuuuuuun.... DU DUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

Damn kids these days....always using violence to solve their problems! Back in my day, we just blew in the damn thing!

From blow job to hand job! See things do get easier over the decades!

News Comments > Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games
2. Re: Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games Nov 26, 2013, 13:25 The Half Elf

Congrats Double Fine, but why would you release them at retail, when you have Steam, GoG, GMG and Origin?  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 12:21 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 11:10:
Bizarre fix? That is thee oldest one under the sun, hit it. Caveman figured that out.

Bizarre is the wet towel trick.

So easy even a Caveman could do itô

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 11:25 The Half Elf

What nin said. Just put some food and water out for us and we'll be fine for a day or two.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2013, 01:41 The Half Elf

Ok I want to see that bug...

As for Ubisoft, AC franchise and the PC, they have tailored the PC version of each game to make it look as beautiful as possible on the PC, and you would never know it unless you played the console versions of AC 3 and 4, then the PC versions.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 26, 2013, 01:29 The Half Elf

Carmack is a ADD genius. It just takes him awhile to find the right 'shiny thing' and then wham. First games engines, then rocket engines, now 3D Goggles.
Someone I knew when I lived in Indy was a fucking genius (almost savant level), but with his OCD, and love of his diabetic wife, all he cared about was making a sugar free chocolate chip cookie for his wife. Think of Rainman with Kramer from Seinfeld's hair. He didn't care about the money, or fame, or his intelligence, he just wanted to make sugar free chocolate cookies for his wife.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2013, 01:23 The Half Elf

There is a movie called 'It's My Party' with Eric Roberts, who plays a gay man with HIV who ends up with a very nasty disorder and decides to have a party and end his life on his own terms, after seeing several friends die from the disorder. Gay or not, it's a very powerful movie, that had me thinking about what would I do if I, or someone I knew or loved was in that situation, what would I do?
Being a very non-religious person, deep down in my soul I feel that if i were to commit suicide, that any chance to see my parents 'on the other side' would be null and void. If I knew I had a chronic illness and would die of it, I'm still not sure if I would choose suicide or not, but if someone was terminally ill and wanted to end their life, I could see being 'ok' with that.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 26, 2013, 01:03 The Half Elf

John Romero Hair Care Products: He's going to make your hair his bitch!  

8945 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo