Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
4. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 30, 2014, 18:47 The Half Elf

It was a moral choice if you wanted to steal from people who really needed the money or not. Only difference was that there isn't a blue/red choice associated with it like Mass Effect/Infamous.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
4. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 18:45 The Half Elf

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:26:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:22:
The Zero Punctuation review totally stripped all interest I had in this game. Still though, good on them for providing what is now an uncommon practice.

Yahtzee is the last person I would trust when it comes to giving an unbiased and fair review.

To me the way he framed the review as if he actually believed that the entire game would play like Outlast is dishonest. No person would come to that conclusion unless they were willfully ignorant on the game.

Bethesda showed the entirety of chapter 9 on youtube multiple times before release and it showed exactly how the game would play. Also, if you watched the trailers for it you would know too.

His main complaints seemed to be that the story doesn't make much sense and made the world seem disjointed and that the stealth was pasted on.

Stealth is an integral part of the game, especially if you play on nightmare or akuma difficulty. It was actually one of the parts of the game that I enjoyed the most. If you expect to walk in and just start blasting everything without trying to be a little sneaky before ch 6 you'll be in for a rude awakening. As a matter of fact, you can even stealth during the majority of the boss fights and it was actually useful to do so if you wanted to try alternate strats.

As for the plot, I rather enjoyed it and also enjoyed the variety of scenery. Each chapter brings you to a whole new area and set piece, this kept the game fresh for me and helped me enjoy the 19hrs it took to beat it. The downside is that you never felt like you were part of the real world, but of course that is also part of the story

So yes, you never get to feel like you understand an area like the space station in Alien Isolation. But you also never have to backtrack the same areas over and over and you are treated to new sights and sounds every step of the way. To me, interesting variety in scenery is much more important in a shooter.

Also, his comment that 99% of the combat begins with the enemy ambushing you is COMPLETE bunk and discredits his opinion of the game to me. The vast majority of the combat, heck even whole chapters are presented like mini sandboxes and allows you to approach it however you like.

So Wetwork24, you never did answer my question. What affiliation do you have with this game?

And from most of the reviews I've read about this game, Monster Closets (aka Ambushing) is a HUGE part of this game. Along with horrible controls, camera views, textures, performance, etc etc etc.

Keep on selling this game Wetworks, your boss would be proud.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 29, 2014, 23:35 The Half Elf

It comes down to the computer rig. Have a friend who has a high end computer and Watch Dogs was super sexy, but again at a price.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Oct 29, 2014, 21:58 The Half Elf

It's crap. Go read the reviews. It suffers from so many bad things. And don't believe a single word Wetworks24 says. He's been schilling it as a survival horror game.

Bad controls, bad textures, framerate issues, have to tweak the hell out of it to get rid of annoying crap like the letterboxing. Do some googling and you'll see it should be avoided until a 5 dollar steam sale.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 29, 2014, 17:13 The Half Elf

Just release all the Mega-Man games with a updated engine. Here's 60 bucks, take my money, gimme the HD versions.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 16:31 The Half Elf

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:37:
That Counterfeiter story is Scorcese film material stuff! Holy shit!

Love to hear more details on the story!

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
2. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 19:38 The Half Elf

I've been playing on and off and so far the only thing I've done is courier missions. I have no clue where to go to purchase upgrades for my ship.

And the Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3 that was suggested works wonderfully for it.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 28, 2014, 07:17 The Half Elf

Ghostbusters is as close as your going to get to Ghostbusters 3. For 3 bucks it's worth it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 27, 2014, 20:52 The Half Elf

I remember reading an article last year about either FBI or Police Dept's that have to go through cases that deal with child abuse or deal with exploitation of children on the inter and some of the crap they have to deal with.

Not an easy job, and my hat's off to them.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 27, 2014, 20:46 The Half Elf

Had no clue Perry was in Fallout. Explains why I killed the guy in every playthrough.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2014, 20:38 The Half Elf

Can't wait for more Sherlock or Dr Strange now  

News Comments > The Crew Customization Trailer
1. Re: The Crew Customization Trailer Oct 27, 2014, 20:37 The Half Elf

Still hoping they 'fixed' the car handling/controls.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
11. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:35 The Half Elf

There was a updated graphics version of Xwing and Tie Fighter that was released on CD that had everything except Xwing Alliance (hope that comes to GoG as well).  

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
2. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 11:02 The Half Elf

InBlack wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:23:
This game is coming along nicely. Lets hope its more substance than hype though but they seem to be prety confident they have a winner on their hands. Also compare the specs of this 'alpha' build to the 'release candidate' build of Assasin's Creed Unity for some perspective on how to code for the PC.

Is it really a surprise that next gen games actually need more hardware then the previous generation? Then why wouldn't the spec's increase as well, even if a PC port?

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
17. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 26, 2014, 19:31 The Half Elf

I'm actually quite interested in this and would consider Kickstarting it, but the website is so vague on details.  

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
14. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 26, 2014, 15:50 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:38:
Here's a gameplay vid.

Thank you for that.

Couple of questions (in the prototype) can I repair the holes or close hatches to seal off sections?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 24, 2014, 17:13 The Half Elf

I'm not gay.. I have gynophobia... yeah.. that's it...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2014, 22:58 The Half Elf

shihonage wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 16:42:
NVidia is trying to force Geforce Experience install on people by not including per-game DSR options into its control panel.

If this keeps up, I'll be bouncing back to an ATI card next time.

Or like me, just don't install the Geforce Experience when you upgrade drivers

News Comments > etc., etc.
33. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 22:51 The Half Elf

Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 21:04:
Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:57:
It's sad she feels this way, because she's been great for gaming in general

So why has she been great for gaming? She's leveraged gamers into having an acting career (when she isn't an above average actress). This move of hers has done more harm to gamers than anything positive I can think of she's accomplished.

Any what the fuck have you accomplished? Did you even read the article because all you're doing is reading into it what you want to get out of it, instead of reading the words she typed.
Do you even know what the fuck the word leverage means? She created a web series that took off and with it more acting opportunities for herself. Every actor out there started somewhere.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced
12. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced Oct 23, 2014, 21:22 The Half Elf

Neilsouth wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 15:37:
Was announced here first :p

IndieRetroNews

Hey Neilsouth, how about you quit promoting your own website on Blues? It's bad form.

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo