Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8881 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 8, 2014, 23:23 The Half Elf

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:44:
Once again AMD does right to the community and consumers and yet you'll buy a NVIDIA.

Because maybe I like drivers that work, and I have no intention of bitmining on my GPU?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2014, 22:36 The Half Elf

Still no multiplayer?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2014, 23:26 The Half Elf

Fun game, but once I get them into Orbit I can't seem to get them to the moon. My frustration and ADD kicks in and I typically just send them off to deep space (not by choice).  

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
26. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 7, 2014, 23:15 The Half Elf

So far, I'm enjoying the story, visual's but it has some glaring issues.

Get 4 or more orcs around you and start combat. Release the stick and just hit the attack and counter button. The game automatically attacks the nearest orc without even having to move.
Getting down off some ledges is opposite of say Batman and AC series and has been a mess trying to get down in certain spots (like hunter peaks at the start of the game).
Movement is very wonky at times. You do the typical Batman/AC auto run on ledges, but when your full running sometimes the game won't connect with the next ledge that you can obviously jump to and hang off of but just nose dives ya to the ground.
Repetitive to say the least. Unless you are strictly following the story missions and going after Captains you could spend 100's of hours to gain skills that you can't use until you beat the story mission to unlock them.

Some things to improve on next time:
Would be nice to use the dagger in combat ala Assassin's Creed to vary up the combat, or be able to do some quick attacks with the other weapons like in the Batman series.
Could really benefit from having the Gauntlet 4 some of Ranger, Dwarf, Elf, Mage, and throw in some co-op.
Unlock all abilities from story missions.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 7, 2014, 19:24 The Half Elf

Salted CARAMEL!

I think I'm becoming jaded as a gamer. Sorta like Lucas and Star Wars. I was young and the future of Star Wars looked so bright, but then the Force was explained and we got Jar Jar Binks, and brilliant actors tied down to a horrible script.
Now take that and apply it to gaming. Publisher's use to be pretty good but you have some that have gone to the dark side like EA, and now you have Developers going to same route like Gearbox.
They are no longer trying to stand out with their products, but instead figuring out other ways to bring attention to themselves to make sure that they are still on someone's radar.

My Ferrari had a bomb threat, well actually I was just parked at ID Software next to Carmack's Ferrari, well actually I was just in the same parking lot, but I swear I could see his Ferrari 4 rows over.

3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 7, 2014, 19:16 The Half Elf

I'm not sure how to take that.... good or bad?  

News Comments > Space Rogue Announced
2. Re: Space Rogue Announced Oct 7, 2014, 19:13 The Half Elf

I'd love to see some real screenshots of the game, and not screenshots of some CGI cutscene.

That being said, I am highly interested.

1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 7, 2014, 19:11 The Half Elf

Gearbox HQ, well not really a HQ, more like a Office Building.. well more like a floor in the Office Building.. well not really a floor, more like 5 offices in the back corner where we are figuring out new ways to recycle Borderlands.

Wouldn't a HQ mean it's the main office and has OTHER offices?

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
1. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 7, 2014, 18:54 The Half Elf

Wow, rather surprised WB would go this route, as the game is pretty solid on it's own and with Batman Arkham Knights right around the corner.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 15:09 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:51:
Ubi:

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to The Console Limits.

Game on PC. Accept no substitutes.

Accept this doesn't affect the PC version (that we know of yet), only the console versions.

But to be fair does anyone on these forums know what it would take hardware wise to hit 1080p?
Example: AC Unity will run at 900p on both consoles. To get to 1080p what would you have to remove to achieve that at 30+fps? And what sort of TV would you need to tell the difference between 900p and 1080p?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Story Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Story Trailer Oct 6, 2014, 21:55 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 19:03:
Why don't they have French accents? This is how they're supposed to sound.

Even Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure got Napoleon right.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2014, 20:56 The Half Elf

But drunk or not (according to the article) they are still stealing our shit and not getting caught.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 19:03 The Half Elf

One thing that REALLY bothers me is that the Alien is standing up. Beyond the Queen, was the Alien ever standing in the movies?  

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
1. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 6, 2014, 18:52 The Half Elf

Does the driving still suck?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
44. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 22:26 The Half Elf

VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM gets it down to 40, but sadly you can't use a coupon AND credit.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 21:07 The Half Elf

Damn you people...

Downloading SoM as we speak....

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 5, 2014, 13:27 The Half Elf

Problem is that the Indie scene is blowing up in size like the good old shareware days, and you have 6 tons of shit to sift through to get to anything decent. Not to mention the graphics to match the old shareware days.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month
13. Re: Crude or Rude Oct 5, 2014, 11:46 The Half Elf

WE FOUND THE C!  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month
4. Re: rusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month Oct 4, 2014, 14:16 The Half Elf

Raggy the Rusaders are coming! -Scooby Doo  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 3, 2014, 17:50 The Half Elf

PLEASE BE GOOD!  

8881 Comments. 445 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo