Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8734 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 13:45 The Half Elf

Tried getting back into Rip Tide today and it just makes me twitch, and not in a good way.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
40. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 28, 2013, 01:40 The Half Elf

Why don't they do a freaking lap pad, 1 part mouse 1 part nostromo keypad?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

22. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2013, 23:04 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 22:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 21:53:
Between the ps3 and xbox controller, I am not sure what needs to be fixed. I don't think they are broken.

For some types of games they are ideal but for others they are second rate. The games most pc players play... second rate. They are not the best choice for FPS, RTS or Driving. They are second rate to all of those.

So I believe the point of this design is to enhance the speed and accuracy of the gamepad to get closer to mouse functionality. If not, I have no clue what they are doing.

Aim Assist is console lose.

Go through the Big Picture game list, vast majority are designed for consoles, Big Picture was designed to be used by a current gen controller, and they layouts for the next gen consoles are the same. Why would you be so stupid to try to reinvent the wheel when you know that 1) what the main 2 console system controller are for the next 7 years, 2)what the controller setup has been for the last 2 generations?
I just don't understand Valve's thinking on this.

14. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2013, 21:57 The Half Elf

Bats look at the button layout around the screen, and look at your game collection, or any game you've played on a 360 or PS3, how well would that work for ya?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 27, 2013, 21:55 The Half Elf

Lucasarts was dead long before 2013.

Hopefully Star Citizen is everything we hoped and prayed for and Disney will take notice, and do something with Xwing. But I'd kill for another Jedi Knight game.

10. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2013, 21:45 The Half Elf

The pads IF they work are great, but they fucked up majorly with button location. Going all the way back to the NES, you keep the buttons on the right so they are easily accessible with your right hand, and that way your not taking your hands off the movement stick/pad to click buttons.  

News Comments > Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend
31. removed Sep 27, 2013, 18:45 The Half Elf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:06.

29. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:33 The Half Elf

How about you both STFU, your both pretty, just put on your big girl panties and put in your tampons.  

26. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:01 The Half Elf

If you haven't bought the game already, wait another few months for the Steam Xmas Sale and it'll probably be 5 bucks.

OR wait until Steam does a free weekend, play it for free then decide... oh wait..

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2013, 13:51 The Half Elf

Not a guide or 'tips' Blue, more like a 'we read the achievement list and threw together a crappy list'.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Re:ARMA 3 Sep 27, 2013, 12:38 The Half Elf

Does it actually include Single Player in the patch?

BTW how god aweful is the voice over work and the 'enemy... spotted... south...' from the previous games?

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2013, 22:08 The Half Elf

Gives new meaning to 'I survived the 80's'  

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
5. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:29 The Half Elf

Someone get a spray bottle of water for Creston and Ray STAT!  

News Comments > GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed
9. Re: GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed Sep 26, 2013, 01:17 The Half Elf

from what I read the best investment is the 10 Cent Theater, but the return is 264k.  

News Comments > GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed
4. Re: GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed Sep 25, 2013, 23:19 The Half Elf

I have no fucking clue how people are able to afford all the properties in the single player game after the story ends. Mike bought the 10 cent theater for 20 mill, and the car recycling place. Had frank buy all the other properties (Hookies, Marina, Helipad, Airport Hanger, Los Santo's Customs, and the cab company, with exception of the submarine dock, which I had Trevor buy along with Pitchers.

There just isn't enough income without glitching money to buy the rest of the properties.

*goes back to hunting the elusive c130*

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 14:38 The Half Elf

My issues with the PS3 controller was 2 fold. 1) Size, it's just not made for big hands. 2)Location of the sticks, and pressure triggers. Microsoft nailed the controller layout, and while the PS4 controller is wider, but the sticks are barely moved at all in the gif. Haven't had my hands cramp up so much playing Infamous 1 and 2, then I have since the NES days.  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 11:24 The Half Elf

Still the cost of it is so damn cheap compared to what EA would charge ya.

I still want a PS4, but I want the 360/180's controller

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 11:02 The Half Elf

As i have mentioned before I let my nephew play GTA4 when he was 4 (now 7). Just created my own free roam game, with no cops, turned off the volume and let him drive buses. He was just happy driving around in a big city like a normal person in RL would drive.
That being said, I would probably let a 15+ year old have the game (if I was the parent), but no way in hell would I let a younger child play it.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2013, 04:01 The Half Elf

I am finding it very frustrating trying to steal the c130 from the military base. Jets are cake, but the damn f'ing tanks on the base are insane.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 24, 2013, 22:44 The Half Elf

It was nice hearing Phil Collins back in a GTA game, but overall I think the music and radio stations were a bit flat compared to previous games, especially 4.  

8734 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo