Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8876 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 14:14 The Half Elf

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 12:08:
Sorry for your loss Blue...

..and yours Half Elf. It sounds like you have a very healthy way of looking at it.

Thanks folks but here is how I look at it. My father had a 50/50 shot at surviving the liver transplant he had, and without it he would have been dead by the end of the year. With my mom (while it was unexpected) I got to say everything I wanted to say to my mother(because my father was on a respirator his entire time at the hospital, and I was 12 and just ignorant and naive to how things worked), and while I'm not a big fan of religion, I find comfort in thinking that they are back together after 26 years of being apart.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2013, 13:45 The Half Elf

Umbragen wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 12:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 11:25:
RE: Star Trek. Uh... make a better game next time?

Nope, not possible. Star Trek games suck, it's a law of nature or part of the Matrix or even Heisenberg's (little known) Certainty principle: If Star Trek and Game are in close proximity the outcome can be determined with absolute certainty.

Just a off the top list I could come up with.

Armada 1 and 2, Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy, Bridge Commander, DS9 The Fallen, 25th Anv. Judgement Rights, Elite Force 1 and 2, Legacy, Star Trek Online, and many more I'm too tired to google.

How many games have come out since the reboot? 2. DAC (which isn't bad but bleh), and Star Trek The Video Game.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 13:10 The Half Elf

Trevellian wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 11:52:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 10:48:
Yeah but 1 vs how many?

I still think it's funny how opposite this console generation is compared to the last one, where Sony was the Asshole, but Microsoft had the RROD.

How is it opposite? Even if 10,000 PS4's are broken (which at this point I highly doubt there are or it would be a statistic on every single gaming site so far, at most estimated is like 1,000), that would be less than 1% failure rate.

Nowhere even close to the RROD's 15+%
or the PS3's 5%
or the Wii's 5%

In fact if they're anywhere close to 1% thats a fucking magnificent launch. There will always be hardware failures.

You may want to wait and see if Microsoft botched their manufacturing again and how many of their consoles have hardware failures tonight when the system actually launches and people start getting systems in their hot little hands before you start fanboying.

Not fanboi'ing as I plan on buying a PS4 long before a Xbox One. But go back to the launch of the 360 and PS4. Sony was telling you how you would need a second job to buy it's console, and Microsoft had the RROD issue (but if I could find the link Sony had just as many Yellow Light of Deaths over the course of it's existence, not to mention if you had a backwords compatible PS3 and it died you were screwed out the wazoo).

But (damn I can't find my links) what was amazing is how low key the PS3 deaths were compared to the 360's.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 11:23 The Half Elf

A death on a day of celebration is a hard thing to deal with. My father's on mine, and my mother's on my sisters birthday.
But it's the memories of them, that get's me through.

My condolences Blue.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Spice Road
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Spice Road Nov 21, 2013, 10:57 The Half Elf

Still not the Spice Girls selling illegal goods for bitcoins game I was looking for...  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 10:48 The Half Elf

Yeah but 1 vs how many?

I still think it's funny how opposite this console generation is compared to the last one, where Sony was the Asshole, but Microsoft had the RROD.

News Comments > Borderlands 2: Ravenous Wattle Gobbler Next Month
6. Re: Borderlands 2: Ravenous Wattle Gobbler Next Month Nov 20, 2013, 20:13 The Half Elf

Told ya, they need to milk the shit out of Borderlands 2 after the Aliens fiasco.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 15:25 The Half Elf

Snagged a beta invite to Elder Scrolls Online Fri-Sun, anyone have any thoughts?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 20, 2013, 02:33 The Half Elf

bought a 40 inch Element from Target on Black Friday 2 years ago for 200 and has served me quite well and even my brother in law (who is a videophile with his 55 inch Sony 3D TV) said it looked great. But I was over at their house babysitting tonight and once the kids went to bed I played GTA5, and I'm not sure if it's me, but the framerate seemed better on the Sony TV.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
25. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2013, 02:11 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 20:24:
Did anyone picked this up on the PC?
I am hearing some good things about this one. Like it is a better Far Cry then Far Cry 3 was.

After playing the 360 version, the PC version is just fucking dead sexy. Foliage movement, especially during a storm is beautiful (and I LOVE weather effects in game).

Riding a rogue wave like a surfboard, in a storm while fighting a fleet of ships, WHILE attacking a fort has been my biggest 'GET THE PADDLES READY I'M GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK!' moment in years. Thankfully I quit chewing my nails years ago, cause all I would have left is palms.

The story is just 100 times better then AC3 (which I still can't finish) and AC4 sorta spoils what I already knew about Desmond, but the 'out of the animus' story (from what little I have played), is a 1st person view, but alot more enjoyable then walking around in the previous games and just talking to Sean and what's her name.

Another example of how PC games get delayed, but are so worth it, especially with the AC series on PC.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 14:36 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 11:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 09:00:
GO CUBS!

Your optimism is so amusing.

/Cardinals fan.

I was a Chargers/Padres fan back when I lived (grew up in San Diego area) in California, back when stadiums had 1 name (Jack Murphy Stadium), but it's been many moons since Dan Fouts and Steve Garvey.
Only thing I share with Bengal's fan is our hatred of the Steelers.
But as for the Cubs, (while I don't follow the seasons) I love me a underdog, and I don't mean how the Reds/Bengals start off great, f'up the rest of the season, and BARELY make it into the play-offs and give up (for the last 5 years at least).

Plus I REALLY want to go to Wrigley field. I believe it's one of the last few original fields left that hasn't been renamed, or sold to some corporation.

News Comments > Half-Life Anniversary
15. Re: Half-Life Anniversary Nov 19, 2013, 14:18 The Half Elf

Dear lord, look at all the games in that archive.

Rainbow Six, System Shock 2, Shogo, hell even Battlecruiser 3000ad was a fine product compared to the crap that gets shovel out these days.

Old? We need our own Gaming wing at the senior citizen home.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 09:12 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 09:09:
New Xbox One Can See Your Penis.

Wow, zero to awkward in record time. Can it recognize and sign you in automatically based on your foreskin?

True fact: The PS4 has never asked to see my dick.

Not yet... but it's early in the 7-10 console cycle

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 09:06 The Half Elf

It can see your junk, but everything else in the video is outdated info.
Does that mean I'll start getting friend requests and messages from Microsoft on how to gain 1-3 inches if I download certain apps?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:00 The Half Elf

GO CUBS!  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 01:51 The Half Elf

I would care Batz, but sadly I wasn't invited to dinner, and Fed-Ex hasn't shown up with said soup either....  

News Comments > No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals
17. Re: No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals Nov 19, 2013, 01:33 The Half Elf

When was the last time a Need for Speed game had wheel support?  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2013, 01:10 The Half Elf

It's Steams.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
64. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 00:52 The Half Elf

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:52:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:25:
What? These features don't, in any way, turn the game into a tech demo. Far cry 2 and 3 are tech demos? I had a LOT more fun with Crysis 1 than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a COD clone. Crysis 1 is the evolution of Farcry 1. The reason it's less fun is debatable, but I think it's because they tried to go the more serious route.
The problem with Crysis is that it had weak gameplay, a terrible narrative and was very poorly optimised. By the time people were able to play it at high settings there were games with much better gameplay, graphics and optimisation - Far Cry 2 being an obvious example. I can certainly understand why people refer to Crysis as a tech demo. Crysis 2 had a much better narrative, pace and optimisation - it was the better game, even if it went a bit too linear.

Um Crysis came out AFTER Far Cry 2, and Far Cry 2 used a modifed Far Cry 1 engine and was NOT done by Crytek. Far Cry 2's only 'cool' thing was setting stuff on fire. Beyond the countless linear roads, I wouldn't put it up against Crysis 1 or 2.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2013, 00:44 The Half Elf

Oddly enough I do this when putting together lego sets and I'm looking for that one damn piece (and after reading the article I've been doing it since I was 15 or so).
But then again isn't there a saying 'hold on to your breath'?

8876 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo