Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8863 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 09:06 The Half Elf

It can see your junk, but everything else in the video is outdated info.
Does that mean I'll start getting friend requests and messages from Microsoft on how to gain 1-3 inches if I download certain apps?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:00 The Half Elf

GO CUBS!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 01:51 The Half Elf

I would care Batz, but sadly I wasn't invited to dinner, and Fed-Ex hasn't shown up with said soup either....  

News Comments > No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals
17. Re: No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals Nov 19, 2013, 01:33 The Half Elf

When was the last time a Need for Speed game had wheel support?  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2013, 01:10 The Half Elf

It's Steams.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
64. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 00:52 The Half Elf

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:52:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:25:
What? These features don't, in any way, turn the game into a tech demo. Far cry 2 and 3 are tech demos? I had a LOT more fun with Crysis 1 than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a COD clone. Crysis 1 is the evolution of Farcry 1. The reason it's less fun is debatable, but I think it's because they tried to go the more serious route.
The problem with Crysis is that it had weak gameplay, a terrible narrative and was very poorly optimised. By the time people were able to play it at high settings there were games with much better gameplay, graphics and optimisation - Far Cry 2 being an obvious example. I can certainly understand why people refer to Crysis as a tech demo. Crysis 2 had a much better narrative, pace and optimisation - it was the better game, even if it went a bit too linear.

Um Crysis came out AFTER Far Cry 2, and Far Cry 2 used a modifed Far Cry 1 engine and was NOT done by Crytek. Far Cry 2's only 'cool' thing was setting stuff on fire. Beyond the countless linear roads, I wouldn't put it up against Crysis 1 or 2.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2013, 00:44 The Half Elf

Oddly enough I do this when putting together lego sets and I'm looking for that one damn piece (and after reading the article I've been doing it since I was 15 or so).
But then again isn't there a saying 'hold on to your breath'?

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
27. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 13:00 The Half Elf

InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 10:21:
So in other words we will need a 3000$ computer to run it. Thanks Chris, nice to know you wont be wasting any of your time optimizing your game, if or when it ever comes out.

Or mabye he is saying that ten years from now when the game finally released even the shittiest PCs of the era will be able to run it well. Chris Roberts FTW!

This is what's scaring me. Don't get me wrong I love PC gaming, but the nice thing is, I can spend 500-600 bucks every 5 years and be fine running everything that comes out. Is Star Citizen going to be the next Doom 3/Far Cry/Crysis that we have to shell out big bucks even on a PC to get the best bang for it's buck?

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
55. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 09:53 The Half Elf

Listen, don't look  

45. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 18, 2013, 01:38 The Half Elf

Um, I'm not sure what version of Skyrim you play, but with HD textures, and the enhancement mods alone (Town and Villages Enhanced for example), the game is vastly better then the current console version or the vanilla PC version.

But look at GTA 4 to Red Dead Redemption or GTA 5. Same engine vastly improved over 3 games. Let's see what they can do with the Skyrim engine in their second game.

43. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 18, 2013, 01:16 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 23:57:
Why does that surprise you? Have you seen the kind of movies that win Oscars every year?

They gave Obama and Yasser Arafat a fucking nobel prize, for God's sake. (in separate years, before some toolbag starts bleating.)

Don't put any stock in "awards."

Vegas had better writing, but not a whole hell of a lot to do outside of the main plot.

33. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 22:12 The Half Elf

The thing is, the Workshop has really opened up the gamers to mods, and in turn dev's opening games back up to mods officially.

And why I like NMM, most of the mods I add to the game are visual things like the Village Enhancements. But recently installed NMM for New Vegas, and while it's nice, I was having some issues with mods.

29. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 19:04 The Half Elf

Zanderat1 wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 16:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 11:30:
Fallout with Skyrim engine and Steam Workshop? TAKE MY KIDNEYS!
Don't need STEAM Workshop. There is already a Fallout Nexus.

While I agree it's better for the amount of items, it's just easier with the Workshop.

1. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 11:30 The Half Elf

Fallout with Skyrim engine and Steam Workshop? TAKE MY KIDNEYS!  

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:24 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 14:10:
Yeah, this is taking a looooooooong time.

Also, what's up with all the zombies being women? I understand it's an alpha, but that's odd.

Surely you know how women are evil vile creatures that will rend the flesh from your bones?

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:00 The Half Elf

The animation system is still just bleh.
Don't get me wrong the idea I love, but by the time this comes out in 2014-15, the game is going to be so dated that it'll be left in the dust. At this point why not take what they have done and use the ARMA 3 engine?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 21:22 The Half Elf

So how is the Playstation Store for the PS4? Does it automatically download and install stuff like Xbox Live or still the extra steps of downloading, installing, deleting, starting up the game and then patching?  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2013, 18:45 The Half Elf

Sorta funny, as a week ago I didn't have internet, and all my games worked offline because I downloaded them, and installed them before I lost my internet.

Yes, Steam has DRM. But when DRM is subtle, unobtrusive, and doesn't feel like me being bent over a pinball machine, I have no problems with it.
Hell even Origin is pretty good, but myself (and many others) have such a bad taste in our mouth's from years of EA BS, we don't want to use it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2013, 12:02 The Half Elf

Wish I was on that flight, I would have had the wuppy in my lap the entire flight! (sides I'm low on my 'rubbing the softest ears in the world that only a lab has' quota).  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2013, 04:05 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 22:37:
I took Potpourri for one hundred
And then my head started to spin
Well, I'm givin' up Don Pardo
Just tell me now what I didn't win, yeah, yeah!

I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)!

AL FOREVER!

8863 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo