Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8771 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2013, 14:20 The Half Elf

ifruit, now I can finally start my second playthrough with EVERYTHING.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
35. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 06:04 The Half Elf

We play games that are everything from Brain Surgery inside the back of a ambulance, to casting magic, hacking computer and blah blah blah blah. Your both pretty, but noone gives a shit about the impact crater in a game where they use Thomas Jefferson as the centerpiece to remove nuclear crap from the water source, all we cared about was not being able to play after the ending.

New Stupid Argument: Which is better, sparkly vampires with hair gel, or vampires who turn to the dark side after having sex with Buffy?

That being said, overall I liked Fallout 3 better. New Vegas had overall better writing but felt tiny compared to Fallout 3 and Fallout 3's overall main story.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 17:53 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 16:28:
I think the best solution for Microsoft is to just pack an extra PS4 in the Xbone box. Apparently you can even run them side by side.

Oh God we'll never see Bats again!

As for patching and playing on demand, a few MMO's use it now, but I remember having to fight every time I resintalled Guild Wars to download everything at one time.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Good bye dvd format Oct 28, 2013, 15:42 The Half Elf

'Xbox Hang Up' LOL

I will say that I'm interested in the game recording/sharing, as I'm not going to invest in a capture card/software, but would love to show off how to steal the c130 from GTA 5.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 15:30 The Half Elf

My money is on the Cubs!  

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 15:29 The Half Elf

RaZ0r! wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:46:
Being old school, I've always went to Add/Remove and removed the old Nvidia drivers manually before installing a new ones.

This time I decided to let GeForce Experience do it's thing and update me. I didn't even have to reboot which was nice. I'm curious to see if allowing GeForce Experience to upgrade me will cause any problems down the road. I figure if it fails in some way I can manually remove and clean everything then go back to my old ways.

You know if you choose custom install with Nvidia, you can choose to remove the old drivers?

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
8. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 11:25 The Half Elf

Actually this is sorta funny (not in a good way), as I saw Bats playing this on Steam and asked him 'Is that the game where you can build defenses and bases (because I saw the video of ROAM) and How to Survive looked identical without the structure building part.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 23:17 The Half Elf

Hey folks, what all do you know about bitcoins and bitcoin mining? I figure I have 3 computers and might as well put some of that to work...  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
5. Re: Saturday Previews Oct 26, 2013, 21:31 The Half Elf

Axis wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 11:46:
No amount of pretend bandaid would get me to buy any version of Diablo after #2...

PoE4L. That is all.

Axis do you work for Grinding Gears?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 21:22 The Half Elf

Sorry, I already paid full price for the game and the DLC, I'm not paying 5 bucks (even if I did have it) for what should be given for free.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 25, 2013, 21:20 The Half Elf

Simon Says wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:03:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 20:13:
Console Games Have Helped Save The PC.

Well, I'd say that ports of console games then made available via digital distribution "saved" the PC.

But at what price? Massive dumbization of FPS games for once. I can't recall the last FPS that was worth it post Q3A and UT tbh, especially for MP. They removed so many stuff it's mind boggling.

-Proprietary sounds for each items picked up, giving auditory clues to whereabouts. ( That's something I mastered at Q3A and it gave me a HUGE advantage )
-Complex maps.
-Health packs.
-NO FUCKING EXPANDING CROSSHAIRS.
-Maps sometimes better suited for some kind of weapons, rockets for closed environments/corridors, then sometimes for others, like rails for open world, etc.
-Choices of where to go next where of prime importance. Counterstrike then implement the "it's mostly get to the front, spray and pray the crosshair expansion is mercifull and nets you more hits than misses" gameplay. Somewhat alleviated today by the gunsights.
-Back then it was furious fast paced and you actually had to have reflexes and strategies. I can't remember how many times outsmarting my opponent while being more accurate than the other guy saved my ass because of guns reload time and some things like grenade launcher/corner flight time calculations and strike while between shots kind of thing.

Right now it's all CoD Clones crap. I can't bear to even look at someone else playing.

And that only 1 example for only FPS games... Really.

Um you can't call console FPS games dumb, then say Quake 3 Arena was better when all you had to do was jump and shoot, same with UT. Auditory Clues on objects that don't make noise? When's the last time a gun made noise without being fired?

I'm sorry Simon but your post is full of so many holes it might as well be a screen door on a submarine.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2013, 20:32 The Half Elf

I had some issues with BF2142 and Spore, and I checked the EA page and they have a service where they will call you back. Well they called me back within a min, and ended up with the GOTY code for 2142 for free. I'm all about EA hating as the next person but they were awesome.
Now if I could just get punkbuster to quit banning me every time I try to play 2142...

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 20:24 The Half Elf

Controls are the same as they have been since GTA 3, with just different locations for the buttons. Granted I wouldn't mind more FPS type food controls, but after GTA 3, GTA 4 (2 DLC's), Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire all having the same type of character movement, GTA 5 is more of the same.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 18:56 The Half Elf

Thank god they got rid of his Avenger's outfit, I couldn't stand it, but I wish there was some red in the trailer version.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 24, 2013, 18:50 The Half Elf

Why is it every time I go to an Ars Technia page, when I hit the back button (to come back here for example), Ars has loaded 6-7 times in my back button history?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 12:54 The Half Elf

BobBob wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 12:42:
The real poison to any marriage are in-laws. Keep them more than 1000 miles away and you'll be fine.
1033 miles from my current location is Orlando Florida. Trust me those extra 33 miles help!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 12:27 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:12:
Blues, the success to being married is two things, you should have been told this when you got married. Always agree with her and you are always right.

As a gay guy even I KNOW this rule. Congrats Blue, but for some reason I was having a Everyone Loves Raymond flashback.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 08:05 The Half Elf

Redmask wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 07:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 03:21:
*insert joke about the echo*

Is it really wise for Sony to allow Real Names with their history of theft?

Is it really wise for Microsoft to allow internet connectivity at all with their operating systems history of security holes?

Of course, the hack happened but many other companies were hacked over the past decade, they learn from it and move on in most cases.

Is that why last month I had both my Playstation and SOE account hacked after changing my passwords twice since Sony was hacked?

News Comments > DayZ Progress "Very Good" - Steam Early Access Planned
2. Re: DayZ Progress Oct 24, 2013, 05:49 The Half Elf

Is it bad that I'd like to see a Zombie Survival game in GTA5?  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 03:21 The Half Elf

*insert joke about the echo*

Is it really wise for Sony to allow Real Names with their history of theft?

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2013, 04:07.

8771 Comments. 439 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo