Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9775 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:35 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 14:14:
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play

Well, who on earth has THAT as their gaming PC configuration???! {/sarcasm}

Thanks for spending literally zero minutes testing your game, WB.

It get's worse. According to the VRAM-O-Matic™ (like in GTA 4 and 5) you need just OVER 4 gigs of video ram to run at max settings.

Adding support for latest DLC and Season Pass, you mean that you're giving that away to anyone who bought the game right?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 12:37 The Half Elf

....right out of 'the box'?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
22. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 4, 2015, 11:21 The Half Elf

I have spent 0 dollars on Star Citizen and I agree with Kxmode.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 2, 2015, 19:47 The Half Elf

Awwww  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
3. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 2, 2015, 18:06 The Half Elf

Drayth wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 17:42:
X: If you Squint Real Hard you can Pretend it's Star Citizen

Is that before or after the shroom hallucinations begin?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Cycling Awesomeness. Sep 2, 2015, 16:21 The Half Elf

*waits for Baseball season to end before Cheering on The Cubs in the NFL*  

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
67. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 21:42 The Half Elf

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 19:24:
You can buy the keys wherever you want, just don't be surprised if it turns out you get it revoked. Simple as that.

There's a difference between "saving a few bucks" like buying something from Amazon compared to Best Buy and buying it at a ridiculously low price from the digital equivalent of some dude's van in a dark alley. That's called "too good to be true," and you might have the cops knocking on your door a few days later asking questions about it.

You are not a consumer, with the rights that that relationship with the producer entails, when you're not buying the product from sanctioned sources.

I'll tell you what, when WB finally patches Batman AK and gives me a free season pass I'll pay the rest of the balance to US Retail Price.

If WB and Avalance games patches in stuff to make this game suck less (HOLD BUTTON, Only climb on yellow stuff, crappy mini-cutscenes) then I'll start slowly start paying them the rest of the retail cost.

Because games with no multiplayer or long shelf life (mods) seem to go really cheap at Key selling sites, even with pre-orders. Go take a look at the single player games on those sites and unless they are AAA titles the vast majority go dirt cheap.

66. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 21:34 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:47:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:33:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:35:
I really enjoy this game!
It figures that you'd like a casual game like this whilst zealously bashing Star Citizen, a game with depth.

Star Citizen has an arena module and a social module. Until proven otherwise it has the depth of a used tampon dispenser.

Ouch. Don't hold back now. Tell us how your really feel.

This is the 1st time I've said how I've felt about Star Citizen beyond they really need someone like Derek Smart suggested and figure out wtf is going on with the project and keep them in line/accountable.

But when some idiot likes to compare 1 game, vs another game that isn't even in Alpha or Beta (and sadly is spiraling out of control) I just have to say something.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 13:57 The Half Elf

It's not funny if you're 6'3 and every time you go to the damn grocery store you're the person getting shit off the top shelf for the "vertically challenged" people.
I'm going to start asking them to get stuff off the bottom shelf for me cause I'm too tall.

23. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 13:47 The Half Elf

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:33:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:35:
I really enjoy this game!
It figures that you'd like a casual game like this whilst zealously bashing Star Citizen, a game with depth.

Star Citizen has an arena module and a social module. Until proven otherwise it has the depth of a used tampon dispenser.

22. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 13:45 The Half Elf

Something else Batz didn't mention that is back from Just Cause 2.

Annoying mini-cutscene's for everything.

Putting gas tanks in the trunk, collecting water, etc. It's as fucking annoying as calling in a vehicle in Just Cause 2.

I've been using a 360 controller, and I have to say with exception into running into environmental stuff, I really like how the vehicles handle. Your car is just that a car. Drive it off a cliff and expect to take damage, same with ramps.

There is a perk/upgrade system to Max and out of the first set of skills you can pick 4 or 5 of the them at their lowest tiers. One of mine I choose was gas last longer so I've not had the issue Batz has, or I'm just a better drive them him

I like the survey the land system much better then say, Assassin's Creed. Look at things within a certain range and they'll appear on your map, and there are smaller ones that you can see (and you can REALLY see far) and check out which is kinda cool for the explorer in me.

Unlike Batz, I like the system of knowing how much stuff there is to find at locations. I hated Just Cause 2's system of where you only got a percentage and you'd have to hunt for that last destructible object to clear out an area.

Nice thing about clearing out a camp is settlers come in and give you salvage like owning buildings in Assassin's Creed Series.

On a I7-3770 at 3.5 (stock) 8 gigs of ram with a EVGA GTX 970 the game runs roughly 70-120 FPS at 1080p with everything on except AA and V-Sync. Beautiful game, especially small stuff like footprint depressions in the sand ala Batman Origins (granted it was snow).

Not a bad game, but not a great game. Was worth 20 bucks.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 1, 2015, 03:00 The Half Elf

It has some issues.

Performance wise, it's solid as I'm pushing roughly 70-90 fps everything on max except Sync and AA is off.

There are some missing higher end textures for minor detail items.
You can only jump and climb on things that are yellow, otherwise it has one of the gayest jumps I've ever seen in a game.
Using a controller, the 360 controller button setup is rather strange, especially when you look at Assassin's Creed, Batman, Shadows of Mordor, GTA 5.
Oh and have fun holding down buttons. Hold down button to get in the car, hold down button to pick stuff up, hold down button to talk to someone, hold down button to climb, and it's fucking annoying as hell.

Game has a vantage point scheme similar to Assassin's Creed, but more like Dragon Age Inq.'s find things of interest.

Not a bad game for 18 bucks, but just so far it's nothing great, good/decent, but not great.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 20:27 The Half Elf

How about we call it Gone to the Dogs Day in appreciation of all our 4 legged kids of the canine family?  

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
3. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 13:36 The Half Elf

Ok that was.... wow.

Question time, you can go from RTS to RPG to Action at ANY time? Cause the Aircraft to Sub part made my nipples tingle (in a good way).

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 12:48 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:20:
Army searching for missile that fell from Apache helicopter in Upstate NY.

If I find that thing, no way I'm giving it back. I'm hanging it in the garage!

Screw that, Entry Way Wall Display!

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Aug 31, 2015, 12:35 The Half Elf

Sir I have enough shit of my own to deal with let alone your shit.

BTW how does one 'install' shit?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 31, 2015, 11:45 The Half Elf

Any more so then a space marine going to hell, with all his weapons and ammo in a backpack?  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
19. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 13:07 The Half Elf

Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

So what you are saying is they have horrible netcode and had to jury rig a way to sync the game?
Reminds me of 'Lag shooting' in Mechwarrior 3. You had to double lead your target to compensate for shitty net code.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
8. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 29, 2015, 18:41 The Half Elf

deqer wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 12:17:
Please take your Seasonal system and kindly shove it.

If you'd kindly bend over we will.

Now would you like Crisco or Butter Flavored Crisco for lube?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 29, 2015, 10:23 The Half Elf

Well considering Hasbo will flood the market with Star Wars toys with the movie so badly that no one will buy them.  

9775 Comments. 489 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo