Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9772 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access
1. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access Sep 23, 2015, 19:57 The Half Elf

Oh how I'm going to destroy this game tomorrow. How dare you call yourself a Rainbow Six game.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
41. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 16:06 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 14:03:
My commentary for What We Stand For...

Performance Bonuses - No one buys games because of the voice actor. For example I didn't buy Oblivion because Patrick Stewart voiced Emperor Uriel Septim VII. Don't get me wrong. I was happy he did the voice but his involvement in the project wasn't why I bought the game. I bought it because it looked awesome and fun to play. Video games aren't the same as a film where the actor or actress is front and center as the attraction.

Vocal Stress - Definitely agree with this. There’s a reason why most radio shows are no longer than 4 hours. 2 hours should about the maximum for “vocally stressful” recordings. The vocal cords can only go so far.

Stunt Coordinator on Performance Capture Volume - Agree. Safety should be paramount. My understanding is on films that feature heavy green screen work Stunt Coordinators are available to ensure the actor's safety.

Transparency - Agreed.

Star Trek Judgement Rights, Star Trek A final Unity, Star Trek Legends, Star Trek Elite Force, Star Trek DS9 The Fallen, any Transformers Game with Peter Cullin like War of/Fall of Cybertron, Batman Arkham Series (not including Origins) for the voice of Batman and Joker.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
37. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 15:31 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:36:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:24:
Sorry, far as I am concerned they can jump in a lake.

Feelings mutual, I promise.

Perfectly good waste of a lake.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2015, 20:46 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 20:34:
Dang, almost as much gaming content as Star Citizen. Good job to the people who made that.

LOL, anyone else see the Demolition Man reference?

But damn sexy. Sadly Star Trek Online started off as that and turned into Lockbox Online.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
9. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 21, 2015, 21:48 The Half Elf

LittleMe wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 21:25:
Awesome. Second vid, 31 seconds in that's the path from the parking area to Lake Frank dam in Rockville. Used to walk around the lake nearly every day now not so often. The 40 second mark is probably Rock Creek but not sure of the exact spot. Now I will go look for it!

Watch out for dogshit!

News Comments > No Team Fortress 2 Halloween Map
1. Re: No Team Fortress 2 Halloween Map Sep 21, 2015, 21:48 The Half Elf

And by 'stop working on everything else' they mean it. Ever since TF2, they have stopped work on EVERYTHING else.

So once TF2 is 'done' we may get a Half Life 3, Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3, etc.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
5. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 21, 2015, 21:09 The Half Elf

Last time Beth used an animal and did a promotional video on it was about the horses in Oblivion and they were animated horribly.

But every time I see the dog, I really want it to have HairFX from Witcher 3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Heroes Sep 19, 2015, 19:42 The Half Elf

*insert crude gay joke here about being a pirate*

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2015, 20:05 The Half Elf

CrimsonPaw wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 18:36:
Soooooooo, PSVR is going to launch for around $500 - $550 US ... good luck with that.

Which according to the calculator is just shy of 400 bucks....

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Gameplay Footage
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Gameplay Footage Sep 17, 2015, 20:39 The Half Elf

Can I have a Total War: Warhammer 40k instead?  

News Comments > The Witness in January
3. Re: The Witness in January Sep 17, 2015, 20:38 The Half Elf

Hell it took me 100 hours on just one of Myst's puzzles (damn Al Gore for not making the internet sooner!). Is it fully 3D? Have to say it's very vibrant (in a good way).  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2015, 17:56 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 16:17:
I take it you're still single Cutter

I'd claim him.

But as stated it was spot on. The only things missing from that video was the creepy guy trying to take an upskirt pics, while planting a tracking device on her as she left.

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month
8. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 17:03 The Half Elf

Will they quit sending me Steam invites for their game? I have a few in my inventory, but they keep breeding.  

News Comments > For Honor Trailer
10. Re: For Honor Trailer Sep 16, 2015, 09:26 The Half Elf

siapnar wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 17:32:
harlock wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 16:52:
try rephrasing that.. doesnt make any sense

what im saying is THIS game is set in medieval times.. and so was the first ass creed game
Pretty sure Elf is saying he wants an AC game in feudal Japan, he just didn't explain it properly :p

No, I explained it fine. But to sit there and say Hey, AC1 has a similar setting because it's set it the middle east, vs feudal Japan is as Yatzee calls it, 'Pants on head retarded'.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
1. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 15, 2015, 17:36 The Half Elf

Ok I admit games like this freak me out. Fear also had some great moments.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2015, 16:50 The Half Elf

Is there anything out there for the PC like the Forza series? That can go from simple controls to a insane level of driving detail, but also has tag and cat and mouse?  

5. Re: For Honor Trailer Sep 15, 2015, 16:42 The Half Elf

harlock wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 11:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 11:13:
Looks great, but if anything THIS would be the setting I'd want a Assassin's Creed game in.

the first one was set in medieval times, during the crusades

Which is TOTALLY like 700 years of the samurai's of Japan.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details Sep 15, 2015, 14:29 The Half Elf

I got mad skillz yo!  

1. Re: For Honor Trailer Sep 15, 2015, 11:13 The Half Elf

Looks great, but if anything THIS would be the setting I'd want a Assassin's Creed game in.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details Sep 15, 2015, 11:11 The Half Elf

Part of me wants this pack, but another part of me is still trying to force myself to finish Unity.  

9772 Comments. 489 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo