Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9769 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 10:02 The Half Elf

We are due for some sort of coffee/appliance mishap Blue.

As for Water on Mars.... that's nice and all, but if we can't go there and get a drink....

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quote of the Day
4. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 09:45 The Half Elf

Still offering 60 bucks for a PC HD version of Red Dead Redemption Rockstar.

Don't leave money on the table.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Sep 29, 2015, 03:56 The Half Elf

Lots of reports that the patch is hosing down performance.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Crafting and Customization FAQ
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Crafting and Customization FAQ Sep 29, 2015, 03:45 The Half Elf

I envy yet hate joo  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2015, 21:26 The Half Elf

I try to respect people on Bikes/Scooters/Motorcycles, but at the same time they need to quit driving like assholes.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Crafting and Customization FAQ
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Crafting and Customization FAQ Sep 28, 2015, 21:10 The Half Elf

So do you get to craft a fucking cloaking device?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 28, 2015, 20:18 The Half Elf

Is that why Valve had to keep adjusting the handlebars on the fan boat parts of the game because people were getting sick?

What kills me is he says 'pushing a thumbstick or pushing the W key' so i guess our ONLY option is Nintendo Power Gloves and shitty Steam Controller?

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 27, 2015, 14:37 The Half Elf

GAH Ok, who has a PS4 or Xbone they no longer love and want to give to a loving Lego Home  

News Comments > New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced
2. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 27, 2015, 14:37 The Half Elf

Sounds awesome, still want a tutorial.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2015, 13:23 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 12:54:
Got a pizza party today. Making ~ 25 pizzas in my new pizza oven.

I do not have your delivery number Creston. Tis Sad.

BTW is he re-using Paradise from Star Trek 5 The Search for God?

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
9. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 11:01 The Half Elf

Task wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 10:48:
Ralph Nader? Nah, DS is more like the Donald Trump or Jack Thompson of gaming.

Better look out if you don't finish a game and its a space game. Enemy Starfighter, that Limit Theory guy, or Braben could be next to feel the DS heat.

Said this for years, and will repeat it again, Derek Smart is a great guy to talk to about the gaming industry, just don't get him talking about his own games.

Donald and Jack... really? I get spouting crap cause you're angry, but really?

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
6. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 10:39 The Half Elf

Ok where is that popcorn clip from Real Genius?  

News Comments > Maxis Boss Leaves
1. Re: Maxis Boss Leaves Sep 25, 2015, 01:19 The Half Elf

Maxis is still around?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Story Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Story Trailer Sep 25, 2015, 01:17 The Half Elf

This is one of the few settings I'd love to play in a AC game, but it seems the sister has a fucking cloaking device.

But there is something else I've noticed with the AC series since AC3. Something about the males voices, specifically the male assassin's. I'm not sure if it's some sort of filter, but I've heard it in AC3, Black Flag, Unity and in this video. Especially with most of the male characters in this game, some sort of almost digital processing or... something. Maybe an audiophile among us could offer an answer?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2015, 19:07 The Half Elf

BULLSHIT, Cutter NEVER has any good ideas. He's the nazi-anti-christ.

BAD CUTTER, GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM!

Good luck with the trial, you going to do a blog or anything so we can keep up to date with it?

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
51. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 23:22 The Half Elf

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 18:08:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 18:02:
From a gamer point of view - I'm against it due to it then making the deep discounting of games less likely if they have to pay redudals (a cut) on every copy sold.

Allow me to offer a recent, real world example of what happens with things like this.

I'm an avid Star Trek Online player and I know many people here also enjoy the game. In the past we've enjoyed voice work done by many of the original Star Trek actors but we also had random people and game staff doing lesser voices for the game. The most notable example is, of course, Kurland, but there are many others.

Well STO's parent company, Perfect World Entertainment, has decided to go with SAG. This makes it impossible for Kurland's voice actor to reprise his role. It also raises the general rate (cost) for voice actor work, reducing the amount of star voice actors returning to reprise their roles. The game community has of course not responded positively to this and it has had at least some impact on the game.

I'm not pushing this forward as an argument in one direction or another but rather pointing out what this may mean for less popular games and the industry as a whole.

Are you serious? The ONLY decent voice work done in STO is by Worf, Tuvok and Leeta. Whoever was the voice coach and writer for the rest of the Trek cast needs to be shot and fired. It is CRINGE WORTHY.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2015, 23:18 The Half Elf

When I saw Avatar (my first Imax 3d movie) I was so enthralled by the CGI and FX that I couldn't tell you what the story was about except for Giant Smurfs and a Tree and a Angry Military guy in a cool jet that blows up a tree and guy in wheelchair turns into a smurf.

Then I watched the movie at home. Oh shit it is Pocahontas in space.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access
1. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access Sep 23, 2015, 19:57 The Half Elf

Oh how I'm going to destroy this game tomorrow. How dare you call yourself a Rainbow Six game.  

41. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 16:06 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 14:03:
My commentary for What We Stand For...

Performance Bonuses - No one buys games because of the voice actor. For example I didn't buy Oblivion because Patrick Stewart voiced Emperor Uriel Septim VII. Don't get me wrong. I was happy he did the voice but his involvement in the project wasn't why I bought the game. I bought it because it looked awesome and fun to play. Video games aren't the same as a film where the actor or actress is front and center as the attraction.

Vocal Stress - Definitely agree with this. There’s a reason why most radio shows are no longer than 4 hours. 2 hours should about the maximum for “vocally stressful” recordings. The vocal cords can only go so far.

Stunt Coordinator on Performance Capture Volume - Agree. Safety should be paramount. My understanding is on films that feature heavy green screen work Stunt Coordinators are available to ensure the actor's safety.

Transparency - Agreed.

Star Trek Judgement Rights, Star Trek A final Unity, Star Trek Legends, Star Trek Elite Force, Star Trek DS9 The Fallen, any Transformers Game with Peter Cullin like War of/Fall of Cybertron, Batman Arkham Series (not including Origins) for the voice of Batman and Joker.

37. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 15:31 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:36:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:24:
Sorry, far as I am concerned they can jump in a lake.

Feelings mutual, I promise.

Perfectly good waste of a lake.

9769 Comments. 489 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo