Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9219 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
4. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 09:18 The Half Elf

But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2015, 00:56 The Half Elf

#It was unlocked an hour early (6pmEST) and so far I like it (that's also with less then 1 hour into Witcher 1 and 2).

Using a gamepad, but either gamepad or keyboard tends to be way too sensitive with character movements.

Impressive:
While on a horse you can sorta 'auto-drive' on pathways, as in as long as you hold the run button, the horse will follow the path automatically.
Weather is pretty impressive from a wind perspective. Granted the rain didn't quite match up to it, but the tree's bending over like being in a hurricane was quite impressive (Hell I've been in 10 or so).

Not Impressive:
I have no grasp or idea what all is required for the crafting or potion making, or upgrading system.
Character movements can be crazy, and uber sensitive.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 15:49 The Half Elf

So long King, thank you for all the fun!

So since it's a Blue day, maybe we can Blue to tell us how he ended up with the name Blue.
TELL US A STORY EL Presidente!

News Comments > WoW Bot Bans
8. Re: Re: WoW Bot Bans May 15, 2015, 00:01 The Half Elf

Kajetan wrote on May 14, 2015, 12:02:
El Pit wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:13:
I heard the Obama government wanted to follow your idea, but Peter Molyneux asked the PotUS personally to not do it.
Peter DOES NOT LIE. He only tells the truth. Every day another one. Which is true. For that day.

YOU ARE SIMPLY TOO SMALL MINDED TO 'GET' PETER!
You take feature creep and reverse it.

5. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2015, 23:59 The Half Elf

Not on the CW so no cool Arrow/Flash crossovers.
WAY too much comedy and could use a more of a dark humor tone instead.
Horrible FX.
Tons more of crap that was done right with shows like Heroes, No Ordinary Family, Arrow and Flash.

And will have no contact with Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Announced
6. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Announced May 12, 2015, 06:56 The Half Elf

You have a survival game, with some sorta alien tech in your forearm and the citadel in the distance, and ya see spears, axes, etc along with dinosaurs and then an old western pistol and ww2? rifle?  

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
7. Re: GOG.com Additions May 11, 2015, 23:56 The Half Elf

It was a really shitty port that Red Faction Arma also experienced but they patched it. It seems that Saints Row 2 is set to run on the processor speed of the original Xbox Here's the Steam info  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Announced
4. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Announced May 11, 2015, 22:12 The Half Elf

It was really cool until the pistol then rifle then dragon showed up.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. May 11, 2015, 21:26 The Half Elf

But how many people know the Leeroy Jenkins thing was staged?  

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
3. Re: GOG.com Additions May 11, 2015, 21:21 The Half Elf

I would love to play Saints Row 2, but if you have a x64 processor the game plays at super speed and I never could get the 3rd part slow down program to work properly.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 21:46 The Half Elf

*gets popcorn this time*  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 10, 2015, 11:03 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2015, 10:57
FT....

What was the flight attendant's beef with using electronics during landings or takeoffs? Don't their use make passengers passive and not thus less likely to bother the attendants?

They claimed it distracted passengers from safety info and could become small projectiles if there was a crash.

If a plane crashed, I think that a flying cell phone would be the least of anyone's worries...

Lulz!
[/quote:

I dunno with phabelts getting bigger and bigger....

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 10, 2015, 02:34 The Half Elf

Congrats Bundy!  

10. Re: Into the Black May 8, 2015, 00:56 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:00:
nin wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:52:

edit: Also, while you see the Kree in Marvel movies, you may never see the Skrulls.

What the happy HORSE SHIT!? Ugh, stupid corporations! The natural progression with the current Movie universe would be the Skrulls after Infinity Gauntlet/Civil War.

Figures, although I had known about the whole Fox abusing their Mutants license, I hadn't known Skrulls were off the table too.

Also, as others have said, pretty soon the movie format simply isn't going to work for these projects... there isn't enough time on screen for the amount of characters they plan on using.

You have to understand, that not very long ago Marvel was on the verge of going under and licensed out Spider-Man to Sony, Fantastic Four and X-Men to Fox.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 14:49 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:06:
Motherfucker is that ever gory! Cyclops though! Never see enough of them in CRPGs for some reason. Always loved the cyclops since the old Sinbad flick as a kid.

I see your Sinbad, and raise you Krull!

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
17. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 14:46 The Half Elf

Just put Klingon Academy and Bridge Commander on there (hell the Starfleet Command games too) and I'll throw my wallet at ya!  

News Comments > GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles
5. Re: GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles May 6, 2015, 00:11 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on May 5, 2015, 20:42:
Of course this happens right after I buy a 970 (with the Witcher).

Altho, the card I bought went up $40 in price and no longer comes with the backplate (but does come with witcher and batman).

As for SLI, not sure I'm gonna go that route again. Have had 3 games recently that freaked out from SLI, which is why I switched to a faster single card. It's not quite as beefy as my previous cards combined, but games don't flip out, either.

Far Cry 4, Heroes of the Storm, and Titanfall were the games, if you were curious.

Had mine a few days (thank you Kentucky Derby work pool!) but damn

2. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2015, 21:04 The Half Elf

At times his voice is very similar to Obama.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2015, 13:21 The Half Elf

DELETED FOR COMEDIC REASONS

This comment was edited on May 4, 2015, 14:09.

News Comments > I am Bread Star Wars Update
3. Re: I am Bread Star Wars Update May 4, 2015, 10:14 The Half Elf

Um....wtf... um....

I NEEDZ IT!

9219 Comments. 461 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo