Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Nov 11, 2014, 20:17 The Half Elf

So far it's pretty meh. Controllers have to be mapped unlike ALL previous Lego games.

Sorta disappointed after how awesome Lego Marvel and Lego The Movie were.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
2. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 20:21 The Half Elf

Advisory board populated by the major publishers.
Translation:
Here is our money, thank you for the marketing.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2014, 19:00 The Half Elf

If it's the end of the world, can we have Metallica playing on the top deck while we all run for the lifeboats?  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
24. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 9, 2014, 03:01 The Half Elf

How about we get back on topic.

Rockstar probably had license for the music for X amount of time, or another company has purchased the song catalogs and therefore voided.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2014, 17:30 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 14:57:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 14:47:
So, you're saying Blue wears a beret?

I want to see a pic of that. Blue? Is it a Blue beret?

Knowing of Blue's VH1/MTV years I would take a guess that it's rasberry.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
9. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 18:07 The Half Elf

How the hell does a universe expand, when it doesn't exist in the first place?  

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
29. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 14:09 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 10:18:
Damn. Such good gaming news the last 2-3 days......had my pants off so long I can't even find them....
you had them off for long I figured I might as well wash them. They should be in the dryer, just make sure to clean out the lint trap. And match my socks while you're at it. :-)

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M Nov 4, 2014, 18:59 The Half Elf

BobBob wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:57:
How many hours does the average player spend playing an MMO?

http://tinyurl.com/sittingandhealth

Vs just sitting around on a smartphone, sitting at work, sitting and watching tv, sitting in a car, sitting at dinner, at a movie, at a sport event?

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: Aero's Quest HTML5 Nov 3, 2014, 22:01 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 21:08:
NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:55:
Didn't really think GTA5 music was all that memorable.

It was pretty terrible. There were some decent tracks on the Rock station (though nothing that would ever be classified as a great hit or anything), the occasional decent classic hiphop, and there were a few good techno/dance tracks, but the rest was trash.

Since Vice City it's been downhill, downhill, downhill. And they didn't even have Ruslana doing a radio station to make up for it.

If I had to put them in order, I'd say Vice City, San Andreas, 3 then 5. I think they just nailed the 80's music with Vice City.

News Comments > Dragon Age: The Last Court Revealed
5. Re: Dragon Age: The Last Court Revealed Nov 3, 2014, 22:00 The Half Elf

Julio wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 19:57:
The ultimate SJW game.

STFU and get on with your sad excuse of a life.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Aero's Quest HTML5 Nov 3, 2014, 21:04 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:55:
Didn't really think GTA5 music was all that memorable.

It wasn't. If anything it had the worst collection of music from any GTA game.

News Comments > Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music
1. Re: Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music Nov 3, 2014, 20:20 The Half Elf

So it's announced today, that Cliff is going to compose the music for a game that already went gold?!?  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Handsome Jack DLC Next Week
4. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Handsome Jack DLC Next Week Nov 2, 2014, 11:13 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:36:
Surprise, surprise! More DLC.

No shit, gotta make up for the clusterfuck that Aliens:CM was.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
6. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 10:57 The Half Elf

So 60 million dollars, to show off shit that has NOTHING to do with the original pitch of the game. We begged for years to get another Wing Commander/Xwing game, instead we get a FPS, and paying for Chris Roberts sci-fi clothing.

So to recap what has been shown.
A really bad Arena combat space demo
Landing and walking on a planet
A few hangers
Some iffy FPS module
And NOTHING FROM THE ORIGINAL VIDEO RELEASED THAT GOT EVERY SINGLE SPACE SIM GEEK HARD FOR 10 MINS.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2014, 09:54 The Half Elf

Now all you need is John Williams Superman music and a slow motion shot of Gunnar jumping off the front porch!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 1, 2014, 02:05 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 22:12:
Double GTA$ & Double RP for All Deathmatches this Halloween Weekend.

I should probably jump on and boost my character - no one wants to ever play cause I only have low level stuff available....

Hey now, I tried playing with you many times! In GTA5 that is.. *coughs*, but seriously, I sadly had to sell my 360 and GTA5 (and all my beloved Forza Collectors Edition games), but getting reaaaaallly close to pulling the trigger on a ps4 to get back into GTA5.

News Comments > Summer Camp Announced
4. Re: Summer Camp Announced Nov 1, 2014, 02:03 The Half Elf

From the makers of Summer Camp, comes...

SUMMER CAMP 2: BAND CAMP!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2014, 12:55 The Half Elf

Gunnar-man costume pics?!?  

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
12. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 12:04 The Half Elf

Gives them more time to work on Rune 2?  

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
23. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 02:08 The Half Elf

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:07:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 00:50:
Installed the demo, I've been playing for roughly 20 minutes. Reminds me of classic Resident Evil games, in terms of purposely crappy controls so far. Nice level design though, some nice scripted events, definitely a normal human character so far in terms of abilities. The widescreen bars are pretty annoying.

I'll finish the demo and get a better picture, but I think I'm sold on this game the next time there is a sale.

You can turn off the black bars in the options menu.

Can you turn on better textures? Can you change the camera so it's not a clusterfuck in fights? Can you turn off monster closets? I watched your video, and let me tell you, running around a desk was very impressive.

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo