Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
52. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 21:21 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 15:12:
PC version on Ultra settings true next gen gaming experience
http://youtu.be/idA9BEA4Hxs

Is the game the next coming of jesus christ? No. But all the notes in that video are just whining and moaning.

I run the recommended specs for the game and here is my system.

i7-3770k @3.50GHZ (8 CPUs)
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
8 Gigs of ram
EVGA 560ti with 1 gig of vram.

Textures at Medium and everything else at High (by the auto detect) and the game runs silky smooth with exception to some interior cut scenes like the last one in the detention center for a few seconds.

Obviously the retail version along with the latest nvidia drivers are noticeably better then the warez version.

I had to get use to driving and the car handling in the game. It's not as good as GTA4/5 but slightly better then Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs, but Motorcycles are just as horrible as Saints 3 and Sleeping Dogs.

I'd really love a jump button, and a way to host matches instead of this blind 'finding a game' crap, especially when doing free roam.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
67. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 21:04 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:23:
The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:18:
Was going through my game collection and I came across quite a few BETA CD's. Ya know those things that ya either had to pay the shipping on, or were sent out free, or where ya signed up online and beta'd the game for free?

As cool as the game is looking, even with all the DLC, there is no way I'm paying over 50 bucks for the core game, let alone the game, dlc, and beta access for 150 bucks.
and that is perfectly fine, your money your choice.
It was my choice to pay $150 for this game as opposed to $100 on release day, and I am fine with that.
I think it is good to have a choice.

I agree to a point. It seems to me that it the game should be cheaper because it's incomplete (and thereby rewarding early adopters) and more expensive at launch.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
54. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 14:18 The Half Elf

Was going through my game collection and I came across quite a few BETA CD's. Ya know those things that ya either had to pay the shipping on, or were sent out free, or where ya signed up online and beta'd the game for free?

As cool as the game is looking, even with all the DLC, there is no way I'm paying over 50 bucks for the core game, let alone the game, dlc, and beta access for 150 bucks.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2014, 21:16 The Half Elf

Holy shit that's beautiful.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Responds to AMD Accusations
4. Re: NVIDIA Responds to AMD Accusations May 28, 2014, 21:21 The Half Elf

*cuddles up with his 3dfx Voodoo cards* It'll all be over soon my love... just sleep.  

News Comments > Free Battlefield 3 on Origin
8. Re: Free Battlefield 3 on Origin May 28, 2014, 21:19 The Half Elf

I still believe BF3 was the pinnacle of the BF series (with 2142 a close second).
But all this butthurt over Origin is rather tedious. If anything it's as 'evil' as Steam, and less intrusive then Uplay.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 16:47 The Half Elf

Think about it.... March 35th, that means we get 4 more days until the dreaded April 1st stories. Not to mention I'll be 66 on the 31st, so I get to have the time of my life!

But question.... beyond the obvious date of the 35th, what if the story is actually true? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the planetary governments to keep the story hushed as to prevent widespread panic?

Either way... March 31st 2041, party at my house!

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 28, 2014, 00:37 The Half Elf

'Listen Dave... if I open those bay doors we WILL get Ants. Do you want ants Dave? WELL DO YOU DAVE?!? AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A HELMET TO KEEP THE ANTS OUT OF YOUR SPACESUIT!' -how Archer should have answered.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 23:39 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 27, 2014, 21:39:
Task wrote on May 27, 2014, 21:37:
sad about the story,

the anti-coop multiplayer thing would be interesting with some of my friends though, so we can mess each other's games up with the 'hacking' into their SP experience

Add me in UPlay. XxXBatmanXxX

Cpt_Ranger on Uplay.

News Comments > LEGO Batman 3 Announced
4. Re: LEGO Batman 3 Announced May 27, 2014, 17:56 The Half Elf

The only thing missing from the LEGO games (that was in the first Lego Star Wars) is online co-op.  

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 17:53 The Half Elf

siapnar wrote on May 27, 2014, 15:47:
I don't understand how the vehicle handling design process went. Did they just get lazy? Say fuck physics?
With most aspects of the game taking a realistic approach, they chose Cruisn' USA handling.
So stupid.

This is really the most mind boggling part that I don't understand.

News Comments > LEGO Batman 3 Announced
1. Re: LEGO Batman 3 Announced May 27, 2014, 14:06 The Half Elf

SQUEE!!  

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 14:04 The Half Elf

Rattlehead wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:36:
Ok, so I downloaded this from TPB(yea sue me, already got burned by AC4 horrible PC port, and Uplay can suck a fat one) and lo and behold, the stuttering in this game makes it nearly unplayable. It seems it's the same type of v-sync issues from AC4 is here.

So yea, save your money.

AC4 was a great port, and Watch Dogs Retail is also much better with the new drivers then TPB version.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 13:56 The Half Elf

Yes you can turn off people just jumpiong into your game.  

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 13:54 The Half Elf

Task wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:31:
The story is terrible? Is it contrived or something? Not getting it if so. I hoped it would have a story reflecting on the dangers of what is happening in reality (deus ex, ghost in the shell, etc.). Something meaningful.

Task the story (as much as I have gotten into it) isn't bad, but it's a 'your a hacker, you did something you shouldn't, they found out who you were, and went after your family' storyline. Fairly similar for anything mob related etc.

Now with the official edition of the game and the new Nvidia drivers I can run the game on high (game automatically set it on it) and it's pretty good looking, but does have some framerate issues at times.

Controls are a mixed bag. The control scheme in general is bad either with Mouse/keyboard or 360 controller. I really wish you could remap the 360 controls as the button layout is just.... stupid. They really should have ripped off GTA4/5's controls.

Vehicles: Another mixed bag. Cars have a nice weight to them when you are driving them, but you can just plow through most vehicles like it's nothing (with exception of trucks/semi's).
The E-Brake is pretty much worthless in the game, and is really only useful on a few vehicles.
Motorcycles are almost as bad as Sleeping Dog's, but nowhere as good as GTA4/5's which is really sad.

The City:
It's small, but teeming with life and things to do. Some of the txt message conversation you hack are hilarious (like one person who ran over a animal, but it didn't die, so she ran over it again.. and it still didn't die), and you really see all sorts of stuff. Like there was a gay rights advocate 'hanging out' with a preacher/minister (was funny) but was also rather surprised to see same sex couples snuggling up along parts of the river and beach and just taking in the sights.
Side things to do:
TONS of them. Drinking, shell games, AR games, Digital Trips, chess, hacking people's environments, or other people's games (which was FUN), there is A LOT of meat to the game.

Sounds: Are amazing. Was hiding in a car (so the engine is off) and just listening to the city was impressive. Overhearing phone and regular conversations was impressive as well.
Music: Finally someone beat Rockstar's GTA4/San Andreas music with a perfect selection/fit of music for this game.

Overall it's not a bad game, but was really surprised with vehicle handling/controller layout with the extra time they were given.

If this was X-Play I'd give it 4.3 out of 5.

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 05:03 The Half Elf

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 27, 2014, 00:12:
Creston wrote on May 26, 2014, 23:41:

Man, that is a fucking STYLISH jacket Niko's wearing!
Niko, my man let's go to a titty bar!

Neeeeko! Let's go Bowling!

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
47. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 09:49 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on May 24, 2014, 23:34:
NKD wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:56:
Reagle is obviously suffering from some kind of mental illness. You can see the escalating weirdness in his post history. It's like reading the post history of some 10 year old kid.

Popcorn Well, my weekend's booked!

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:37:
Its not hate if its true...try to get a copy of Freelancer and let me know how that goes for you.

Dude, I'm literally holding the cd in my hand as I type this...really, I can throw it up in the air and everything! It's got pretty artwork on it too...

...and if I flip it over, now who's that handsome fellow on the back?! Hmm, well, that must be Chris Roberts! Wow! Hi, Chris! Oh, cool, he waved back at me! Hey, guys, Chris Roberts waved at me!!! OMG! Oh, wait, what's this? He wants to kiss? Oh, well, ok, who am I to say 'No' to Chris Roberts?!

*smooch*

Wow, he's a good kisser!

*makes out with cd*

=-Rigs-=

My Freelancer CD even gave me a reach around

19. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 15:50 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:02:
The Half Elf wrote on May 24, 2014, 13:52:
So what's the cheapest to pledge now to get the hanger and Dog Fighting whatever it's called now?

Not sure, but I feel the weakness in you. Cannot resist...

You have to admit, even if the game never comes out he's doing a damn good job of selling it. And I enjoyed the Wing Commander series, Xwing series, Privateer, Freelancer and just can't grasp the depth of the X series, so I'm itching for some more space combat/universe goodness.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 24, 2014, 14:34 The Half Elf

Nothing to see here till Tuesday.

Move along... move along.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2014, 15:40.

5. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 13:52 The Half Elf

So what's the cheapest to pledge now to get the hanger and Dog Fighting whatever it's called now?  

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo