Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8740 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
29. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 21:18 The Half Elf

More pissed they added Marvel Super Heroes for 15 bucks. Ended up getting the 360 version for the nephews and the person I may/may not be dating but didn't get a copy for myself lol!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2013, 19:17 The Half Elf

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you, as it's been a very interesting year for some of us, and here's hoping we get to 2014 with as little drama as possible  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 19:16 The Half Elf

Added it to my wishlist, but still charging 5 bucks for a patch still seems like a giant FU by Deus Ex Publishers.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
20. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 18:59 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 18:55:
Looks like it's back now.

It's still dead Jim!

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Dec 24, 2013, 04:28 The Half Elf

Ok but is it Blizzard or Activision that's doing the screwing of benefits? Everything I have heard of Blizzard pre-Activision was like living at Disneyland, but since Activision....  

39. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2013, 03:08 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:41:
BobBob wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:39:
I'm puzzled why anyone would choose live anywhere else rather than California or Hawaii.
Earthquakes, don't want to be trapped on an island.

As a Native Californian, I would GLADLY trade winter and summer humidity AND tornado's for earthquakes. Earthquakes are over before you even know it started, where as when ya hear a tornado siren ya got maybe a min or 2 to get your shit and get to cover.

Trapped on a island?!? Are you nuts? 1)your now on a island 2)your property value just went through the roof!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 23, 2013, 09:46 The Half Elf

Can you really track someone who was an emaculate conception, zombie, and holy ghost? I mean really, if he doesn't want to be found he'll stay off the grid.

Or you could do what I did for my cat, put a bell on him so I have some sort of warning.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 14:25 The Half Elf

Head over to Green Man Ga  

News Comments > On Sale
34. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 12:29 The Half Elf

Green Man Gaming Sale
GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

Lego Marvel Superheroes 12 bucks!

News Comments > Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners
1. Re: Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners Dec 19, 2013, 10:27 The Half Elf

If anyone has a copy they don't want  

News Comments > DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members
4. Re: DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members Dec 19, 2013, 02:14 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 20:42:
No, the biggest mistake was making it a console arcade game with shitty console UI. CoH found a goo balance. I never needed more than 2 hotbars and mainly used just the one anyway.

THIS. It's a beautiful game, plays well but designed for a controller.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
25. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 17:24 The Half Elf

How about they just call it 'If we can do ANYTHING to help you while your here, stop here!' Center?

And digging deeper into it, beyond the gay thing, I really think it has merit, but how it's being described is rather strange. It's a lounge for the people visiting, but also a seperate venue/area for people with booths as well?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 16:50 The Half Elf

Um... how the fuck is this gonna help anyone?

Either 'man up' on your harrasement policy, or flat out tell everyone, if your a fucking asshole you WILL be removed from the event, no questions asked.

As for the content of this lounge... seriously? Why seperate it from the rest of the event? If it's to keep the flaming gay guys who constantly ask 'OMG Did you watch The Voice/American Idol/Some other stupid fucking program' out of the general population I'm all for it.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
54. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 18, 2013, 07:31 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 03:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:17:
Why all the bitching? We are now getting SOMETHING from Disney that Lucasarts couldn't/wouldn't do in over 10+ years?

This is what you want?!? This pitiful wannabe...SHIT?! LOOK at the video again! The TIEs, they have red rocket exhaust! WT everloving F?! At NO time, in any simulator I've ever played did the TIEs have ANY kind of exhaust, colored or no! At 0:30 in, the X-Wing blasts the TIE with one shot and then proceeds to do a barrel roll that, all things considered, should have turned him inside-out! Maybe that's why the TIE that was NEXT TO the one he just effortlessly blasted mere seconds ago is able to wreck his ass with two shots MAX! Who knows, maybe he did resemble a tipped-over cherry pie in his cockpit seat...would explain why we hear, '...can't shake him', when he doesn't do any 'shaking' to begin with!

Again, YOU want this? In that case, YOU'RE part of the problem! Bat

GET HIM!!!

=-Rigs-=

I would love some Xwing Alliance with multiplayer ships like Star Wars Galaxies, but what have we gotten since then? KOTOR's crap, crappy Battlefront 2, nothing worth a damn.
Disney has the license less then a year and is already making PC EXCLUSIVE CONTENT.
Is it a grand slam? Hell no, but again it's 1000 times more then what Lucas was doing with it. So to me that's a MAJOR step in the right direction.
But I'd bet you money that whoever is in charge of PC games like this, are taking a VERY close look at Star Citizen.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
39. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 18:17 The Half Elf

Why all the bitching? We are now getting SOMETHING from Disney that Lucasarts couldn't/wouldn't do in over 10+ years?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 05:42 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 00:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 22:11:
Just picked up BF4, and dear lord I wish I hadn't bought it from GMG as I would be getting a refund. Feels like a COD version of Battlefield 3.

In what way? There's no kill streak perks, movement feels completely different.

If you joined 64 player server and got bombarded with grenade spam then remember almost all the maps are designed for 24 players since that's the max number of players on last gen consoles.

I typically stick to 16-24 player servers, as I just can't the cluster fuck of 64 player maps. Hit detection, network code is BAD, the 'scale' of the maps is just off... I'm not sure if this is to emphasis soldier scale when they get into Close Quarter Combat or what.

I love BF3, but BF4 feels like watching BF3 through a smugded window pane.

And I'm sick and tired of whiny black guys in games. First Lamar in GTA5, now Irish in BF4. Would have killed them both given the option.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 16, 2013, 22:11 The Half Elf

Just picked up BF4, and dear lord I wish I hadn't bought it from GMG as I would be getting a refund. Feels like a COD version of Battlefield 3.  

News Comments > LEGO The Hobbit Trailer
2. Re: LEGO The Hobbit Trailer Dec 16, 2013, 18:24 The Half Elf

Question is, is it the full Hobbit, or just the 1st movie?  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 15, 2013, 18:44 The Half Elf

Sorry but beyond Fallout New Vegas, Obsidian has a horrible track record. They need to deliver the first KS game, and patch it BEFORE even starting a second Kickstarter.  

18. Re: removed Dec 12, 2013, 15:54 The Half Elf

scarlet wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 15:24:
scarlet wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 14:06:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 12, 2013, 15:08.

Clearly, someone can't handle a inoffensive opposing point of view here. Rather pathetic the administrator of the site saw fit to remove it rather allowing a very innocuous observation to stand. Says a lot.

Thank you, nin and harlock for quoting/reposting my comment.

To put it in a way you may or may not understand:
It's his site and he'll do whatever the fuck he wants.

8740 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo