Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8896 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2014, 10:40 The Half Elf

Flying Delorians come NEXT year!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: The hidden problem Jun 6, 2014, 00:05 The Half Elf

Pigeon wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 08:56:
I rarely use Chrome, but can't you increase the font and everything through a simple keystroke like ctrl+ ? I know you can with firefox.

control and mouse wheel up or down.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video
3. Re: Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video Jun 5, 2014, 22:19 The Half Elf

I've never seen the option for a multi-team version of the game, or played in one. Not to mention the hacks are rather obvious and obnoxious.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video
1. Re: Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video Jun 5, 2014, 18:23 The Half Elf

Has anyone been able to play Team Decrypt the file? I've looked and can't even find any sort of settings.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
15. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 16:50 The Half Elf

PropheT wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 15:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:48:
That DLC didn't take long to come out

I think it's the one that came with one of the special editions, so it was available on release; this is just so people who didn't get that version can buy it separately.

Nope didn't come with the Digital Deluxe edition.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 14:18 The Half Elf

Horizon wasn't bad, but it was more Forza Need for Speed, vs Forza in an open world (which would be awesome).  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 17:53 The Half Elf

1) It's his game he can do whatever the fuck they want in it.
2) The game has a dark side. Seen several npc's who frequently internet search the word 'rape' Not to mention the human trafficking part of the game.
3) Seen lots of funny shit like 'Steve White' who was a gay black guy (there is a joke in Steel Magnolia's 'All gay men have track lightin'. And all gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve') So I was laughing pretty hard about it.

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 17:35 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 17:01:
It looks awesome to me, but I never played Dead Island, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm definitely freaking excited for it. Can't wait to play it.

There is no way in hell I'm paying more then 15 bucks for this game after Dead Island and Riptide.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
27. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 17:30 The Half Elf

BAD BATZ!

I too have been doing all the side stuff, and thankfully it's not as bad as previous Ubisoft games (especially the AC series).

But I've seen a few bugs and AI glitches.
Had a problem where camera's on building I was just using disappear, had the game cheat outright in chess (full chess not the puzzle version).

And now I'm starting all the story missions.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 17:40.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 14:15 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:07:
Apologies for yielding to what might seem to some as sensationalist press but this one shocked me. Two 12 yrs. stab a friend over 19 times. Police claim they planned it for months and had a sleep over with the victim the night before the attack.

Crazy and sad.

Holy fucking shit!!!

WTF is this world coming to?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer Jun 3, 2014, 14:07 The Half Elf

All I know is if I could have a Jay Leno type garage, this batmobile (along with Burton's Batmobile, and the Tumbler) would be in it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 09:06 The Half Elf

Tis but a flesh wound....  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 20:02 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 11:33:
"Sleep-away camp"? That's a strange expression, Bruce. I mean doesn't going to "camp" imply you're going to be sleeping away from home to begin with? I'm familiar with day-camp which distinguishes itself by letting you know there will be no sleeping away from home. But if someone tells you they're going camping or 'to camp', don't you already infer they'll be sleeping away?

I have to agree with Cutter, as until Blue put it in the OotB I had never heard of 'sleep-away' camp in my life, with years of camping and going to summer camps in my youth.
Then again I never heard of warsh or corn-hole until moving to the midwest.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 16:28 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 14:00:
10 Classic Sci-Fi Movies With Better Effects Than Modern Films.

I was glad to see The Abyss on that list, a movie that gets way to little credit. I just rewatched, and while the groundbreaking CG gets all the attention in that movie, what blew me away was all the underwater work done in that film. It all looks great, and it's all seamless. It totally holds up and is a showcase for what you can accomplish with practical effects. It's a sci-fi action masterpiece, IMO.

EDIT: I'd also like to give a shout out to Jurassic Park. Back in those days, trailers didn't have all the money shots in them, so when I went to theaters and saw the film, my jaw literally dropped on that first dino shot. I knew a lot about effects, especially how creature effects were done with stop motion. My brain struggled with how they did it, because it didn't seem possible to create such imagery. I immediately went out and got another ticket so I could watch it again.

Really surprised Star Trek 2 or Star Trek 4 (the robot whales) not on that list.

And was very sad to hear about Alice, as she was the glue that held the Brady's together.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:09 The Half Elf

Blue it's cause your soooo tasty from all your grllin!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 18:40 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 18:18:
it's theoretically possible to come back from deep hypothermia, but the way they froze his body, in a standard freezer, almost certainly the ice crystals formed would've destroyed all the healthy cells in his body. the way to freeze someone is to flash freeze them so that the ice freezes in place, smooth and unexpanded.

*goes and cancel's his deep freezer delivery*

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 1, 2014, 10:56 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 09:27:
Fast Facts - first item was "this was originally a driving game" which is what I said it felt like.....heh.

That's what sorta blows my mind. It started off as a Driver game, but yet the vehicle handling (which is pretty decent once ya turn off the accelerations in the settings file) isn't as good as the last Driver game, nor is the city big enough either. I just don't understand why they didn't spend more time getting the 'weight' of the cars nailed down more.

7. Re: keep those bananas safe! May 31, 2014, 13:50 The Half Elf

Had a problem like this with my neighbor 2 houses down. Granted it's on street parking, but I have 1 car and have to admit it's nice to park in front of my house. This lady has her car, her 3 kids cars, and up to 2 of the kids bf/gf's cars that take up the entire street. Now across from my house is a church with enough parking for those extra cars, or at the end of the street. But it was getting out of hand and everyone on the block was yelling and screaming at this women (who's just a grade A bitch, not to mention that one of her kids lives in a converted garage behind her house, and likes to urinate out of this garage door which I can see directly from one of my 3 bedroom windows on my second story bedroom).
So I ask my one neighbor to stick around while I tried to talk to this lady (been trying to catch her coming home from work and chat with her). I go up to her and politly say 'Hi how are you? My name is XXX and I live 2 doors up and I was wondering if I could talk to you about the parking situation?' 'YOU WERE PARKED IN FRONT ON MY HOUSE FOR 4 DAYS!' 'Yeah I was because your entire family and their significant others are taking up every other parking space and that was the only place to park'. 'WELL... YOU'RE GAY!' and I replyed 'Not as much as your boys!' (which both are but 1 is closeted) 'BTW would you please have your son quit urinating and exposing himself?' 'HOW THE FUCK YOU KNOW WHAT'S HE'S DOING OUT THERE? I HAVE A PRIVACY FENCE?!?' 'Well, my house is TWO stories tall, and I have these magic things that let me see through walls called windows, and occasionally I have my nephews over (and when they do they sleep in my room and I sleep downstairs cause the cats will then sleep with them) and I don't want them exposed to that, or going home and telling their parents about it and having them call the police, not to mention your daughter who is driving with a suspended license taking up 2 parking spots and parking with 1 wheel halfway across the sideway!'

Just stupid angry crap that I have no time or use for but so far her family hasn't parked in front of my house.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
52. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 21:21 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 15:12:
PC version on Ultra settings true next gen gaming experience
http://youtu.be/idA9BEA4Hxs

Is the game the next coming of jesus christ? No. But all the notes in that video are just whining and moaning.

I run the recommended specs for the game and here is my system.

i7-3770k @3.50GHZ (8 CPUs)
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
8 Gigs of ram
EVGA 560ti with 1 gig of vram.

Textures at Medium and everything else at High (by the auto detect) and the game runs silky smooth with exception to some interior cut scenes like the last one in the detention center for a few seconds.

Obviously the retail version along with the latest nvidia drivers are noticeably better then the warez version.

I had to get use to driving and the car handling in the game. It's not as good as GTA4/5 but slightly better then Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs, but Motorcycles are just as horrible as Saints 3 and Sleeping Dogs.

I'd really love a jump button, and a way to host matches instead of this blind 'finding a game' crap, especially when doing free roam.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
67. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 21:04 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:23:
The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:18:
Was going through my game collection and I came across quite a few BETA CD's. Ya know those things that ya either had to pay the shipping on, or were sent out free, or where ya signed up online and beta'd the game for free?

As cool as the game is looking, even with all the DLC, there is no way I'm paying over 50 bucks for the core game, let alone the game, dlc, and beta access for 150 bucks.
and that is perfectly fine, your money your choice.
It was my choice to pay $150 for this game as opposed to $100 on release day, and I am fine with that.
I think it is good to have a choice.

I agree to a point. It seems to me that it the game should be cheaper because it's incomplete (and thereby rewarding early adopters) and more expensive at launch.

8896 Comments. 445 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo