Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8859 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
56. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 18:49 The Half Elf

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:36:
Haven't played an AC since the second and I didn't see this game changing that but I will say it still disappoints me. Played Mass Effect 1 through twice. First time male. Second time female. Vastly enjoyed the voice acting and dialogue and atmosphere the female character presented far more than my male play through. Maybe it was because I played her as Renegade and the male as Paragon that added to that, but sometimes just having a female lead in a stereotypical male role is refreshing.

Needless to say, I only played through ME2 once with my female character. Still haven't gotten around to ME3. Maybe once my daughter is old enough to play them.

That's exactly what I did with the Mass Effect Series. My 'normal save the day' guy, and then I replay it as a cold hearted BITCH because lets face it, most women are that evil, they just hold it in check for 'special occasions'

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Games to Support AMD's Mantle
17. Re: More Games to Support AMD's Mantle Jun 11, 2014, 16:28 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 15:28:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:57:
So for someone who doesn't usually follow AMD stuff ever and without googling, what the hell is this mantle anyways? Someone give me a quick breakdown.

It's AMD's new proprietary graphics acceleration technology. In key locations around the globe, they're able to pump liquid nitrogen past the earth's crust deep into the mantle where they harvest neutrinos given off by the massive temperature differential. They then use these neutrinos to power vast racks of servers in the cloud that AMD procs tap into to accelerate games and other graphics. Although they were claiming increases of 30-40% (which happened in special cases), in most cases improvement was only around 10%, so like NewMaxx said, more evolutionary than revolutionary.

Amazed

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 09:27 The Half Elf

E3 te for some booth boys.... oh... nevermind  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2014, 10:40 The Half Elf

Flying Delorians come NEXT year!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: The hidden problem Jun 6, 2014, 00:05 The Half Elf

Pigeon wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 08:56:
I rarely use Chrome, but can't you increase the font and everything through a simple keystroke like ctrl+ ? I know you can with firefox.

control and mouse wheel up or down.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video
3. Re: Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video Jun 5, 2014, 22:19 The Half Elf

I've never seen the option for a multi-team version of the game, or played in one. Not to mention the hacks are rather obvious and obnoxious.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video
1. Re: Watch Dogs Phone Hacking Video Jun 5, 2014, 18:23 The Half Elf

Has anyone been able to play Team Decrypt the file? I've looked and can't even find any sort of settings.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
15. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 16:50 The Half Elf

PropheT wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 15:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:48:
That DLC didn't take long to come out

I think it's the one that came with one of the special editions, so it was available on release; this is just so people who didn't get that version can buy it separately.

Nope didn't come with the Digital Deluxe edition.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 14:18 The Half Elf

Horizon wasn't bad, but it was more Forza Need for Speed, vs Forza in an open world (which would be awesome).  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 17:53 The Half Elf

1) It's his game he can do whatever the fuck they want in it.
2) The game has a dark side. Seen several npc's who frequently internet search the word 'rape' Not to mention the human trafficking part of the game.
3) Seen lots of funny shit like 'Steve White' who was a gay black guy (there is a joke in Steel Magnolia's 'All gay men have track lightin'. And all gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve') So I was laughing pretty hard about it.

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 17:35 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 17:01:
It looks awesome to me, but I never played Dead Island, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm definitely freaking excited for it. Can't wait to play it.

There is no way in hell I'm paying more then 15 bucks for this game after Dead Island and Riptide.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
27. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 17:30 The Half Elf

BAD BATZ!

I too have been doing all the side stuff, and thankfully it's not as bad as previous Ubisoft games (especially the AC series).

But I've seen a few bugs and AI glitches.
Had a problem where camera's on building I was just using disappear, had the game cheat outright in chess (full chess not the puzzle version).

And now I'm starting all the story missions.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 17:40.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 14:15 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:07:
Apologies for yielding to what might seem to some as sensationalist press but this one shocked me. Two 12 yrs. stab a friend over 19 times. Police claim they planned it for months and had a sleep over with the victim the night before the attack.

Crazy and sad.

Holy fucking shit!!!

WTF is this world coming to?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer Jun 3, 2014, 14:07 The Half Elf

All I know is if I could have a Jay Leno type garage, this batmobile (along with Burton's Batmobile, and the Tumbler) would be in it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 09:06 The Half Elf

Tis but a flesh wound....  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 20:02 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 11:33:
"Sleep-away camp"? That's a strange expression, Bruce. I mean doesn't going to "camp" imply you're going to be sleeping away from home to begin with? I'm familiar with day-camp which distinguishes itself by letting you know there will be no sleeping away from home. But if someone tells you they're going camping or 'to camp', don't you already infer they'll be sleeping away?

I have to agree with Cutter, as until Blue put it in the OotB I had never heard of 'sleep-away' camp in my life, with years of camping and going to summer camps in my youth.
Then again I never heard of warsh or corn-hole until moving to the midwest.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 16:28 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 14:00:
10 Classic Sci-Fi Movies With Better Effects Than Modern Films.

I was glad to see The Abyss on that list, a movie that gets way to little credit. I just rewatched, and while the groundbreaking CG gets all the attention in that movie, what blew me away was all the underwater work done in that film. It all looks great, and it's all seamless. It totally holds up and is a showcase for what you can accomplish with practical effects. It's a sci-fi action masterpiece, IMO.

EDIT: I'd also like to give a shout out to Jurassic Park. Back in those days, trailers didn't have all the money shots in them, so when I went to theaters and saw the film, my jaw literally dropped on that first dino shot. I knew a lot about effects, especially how creature effects were done with stop motion. My brain struggled with how they did it, because it didn't seem possible to create such imagery. I immediately went out and got another ticket so I could watch it again.

Really surprised Star Trek 2 or Star Trek 4 (the robot whales) not on that list.

And was very sad to hear about Alice, as she was the glue that held the Brady's together.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:09 The Half Elf

Blue it's cause your soooo tasty from all your grllin!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 18:40 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 18:18:
it's theoretically possible to come back from deep hypothermia, but the way they froze his body, in a standard freezer, almost certainly the ice crystals formed would've destroyed all the healthy cells in his body. the way to freeze someone is to flash freeze them so that the ice freezes in place, smooth and unexpanded.

*goes and cancel's his deep freezer delivery*

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 1, 2014, 10:56 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 09:27:
Fast Facts - first item was "this was originally a driving game" which is what I said it felt like.....heh.

That's what sorta blows my mind. It started off as a Driver game, but yet the vehicle handling (which is pretty decent once ya turn off the accelerations in the settings file) isn't as good as the last Driver game, nor is the city big enough either. I just don't understand why they didn't spend more time getting the 'weight' of the cars nailed down more.

8859 Comments. 443 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo