Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9240 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2015, 05:32 The Half Elf

Well, if you watched the trailer (and I believe it's the exact same trailer when it launched for the 360) it says he was part of the Assassin Brotherhood that switched allegiances to the Templar's.

And no it's not using the Unity version of the engine.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer Mar 9, 2015, 19:09 The Half Elf

Haven't touched Unity, but it appears this is using the Black Flag engine with more story from AC3 (which I still need to finish).

But I agree with ya Cutter, going to be waiting for a sale.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 18:32 The Half Elf

I look at it this way.
The story of Star Wars Episode 1-3 was that Anakin was to bring 'Balance to the Force', which was heavily balanced towards 'The Light Side'. With the eradication of the Jedi he pretty much brought that balance.
That being said, for all the 'Light Side' people in ANY field, you have to have a 'Dark Side' as well. And how long has it been since we've had a Jack Thompson story?

Moral of the story? If I was a mod on reddit, would I shut down flame bait crap? Probably, but then again reddit is a privately ran site. Welcome to the internet, like life, it's not fair, but there are more important things to argue about.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2015, 18:05 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 16:10:
Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 16:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 15:16:
Which is why i want to play with friends only. Problem is (and Elf will kill me if I try) I can't play.

Just like when the game came out I couldn't play with yall. At the time my son was born - great reason. Now I have a shitty reason. Left behind once again.....

It's still another 6 weeks out. Mebbe you'll be up to it by then.

Yea, probably be more ready for pc version, but I have both console versions....

*glares at Batz* Just googled it and I'm 11 hours away *checks route* ohhh Chicago is on the way.. ok make that 24 hours away... don't make me come over there and Parental Lock everything...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 12:20 The Half Elf

Thanks Blue, sadly the coffee hadn't made it way to my eyes yet

I will say I really I don't care either way DST. I'm just happy that I no longer have to set the time on 10 devices in the house and now only have to set 2.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month
9. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:39 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:04:
I know what ya mean Axis. I maybe have 5 or 6 hours in Pre-Sequel and just didn't hook me like the previous ones.

Let me guess, you probably played it alone?

These games are defiantly not as much fun when going it alone. Not sure if you tried it Coop, but Its the only way to really play his series.

That would not be a guess, that would be an assumption. And it would be wrong. There just wasn't enough 'new/shiny' in it and overall felt like a very expensive expansion.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 11:21 The Half Elf

InBlack wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 10:08:
Having binge watched House of Cards over the weekend (got three or four episodes left) I have to seriously disagree with that Washington Post article.

Apart from one point which it nails, (about the Amworks program) the rest is just conjecture and opinion.

Great show, yes it's mildly over the top but is it really that hard to imagine a sociopathic politican rising to the top through nefarious means?? It's not like history is chock-full of them is it?

Blue if you could tag that House of Cards with a giant MAJOR SPOILERS! tag I'd appreciate it. I'm slowly working my way through season two (I think).
But Frank Underwood also has 3 tones. His very eager, very apologetic 'dealing with idiot children' voice that he uses when talking to general people. He has his relaxed voice, typically used with his wife, and lastly he has the 'I shall crush them like the ants they are!' revenge/plotting voice.
From Frank's perspective I'd say the show is pretty accurate.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 9, 2015, 11:07 The Half Elf

Could Comcast buy Netflix? Yes I'm sure they could. After the hell that Comcast has given Netflix do I see Netflix allowing Comcast to do so? Not so much.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2015, 11:06 The Half Elf

It was my understanding that there would be 4 Heist's not 3 (according to the trophies/achievements?)  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month
5. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:04 The Half Elf

I know what ya mean Axis. I maybe have 5 or 6 hours in Pre-Sequel and just didn't hook me like the previous ones.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews Mar 6, 2015, 10:45 The Half Elf

The only problem i had with GTA5 on the 360, was there were missing roads in the GTA Online intro flyby. Not sure if it was just my console or what.

But I am soooo ready for GTA5 again.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 10:22 The Half Elf

Some reason I'm having a flashback to Airforce One 'Get.. off MY PLANE!'  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Mar 6, 2015, 09:47 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:35:
In the IGN video they've mentioned that a Heist mission took them about 3 hrs to do. I wonder how that works. Can you save it and come back to it later?
I am looking forward to the PC version, hopefully they did a good job with the optimization.

The thing is withh GTA4, is that if you set the game at the same settings as the console's it ran great. If anything they left the settings too open and you could crank up the visuals far beyond what the engine could handle (even with high end hardware).

But with exception of GTA Online, I'd rather have Red Dead Redemption on PC.

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
3. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 09:45 The Half Elf

Mechwarrior, Crimson Skies, any of the Madness games (Monster Truck, Midtown, Motorcross), I mean come on... there is so much more Microsoft could do!  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2015, 21:38 The Half Elf

My cats tend to open doors by sticking their paws UNDER the door, not using the handle.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 5, 2015, 19:13 The Half Elf

I haven't touched Guild Wars 2 in ages. Something about 'hey if you really want to level up, you take your character and go hit every single starting zone and go from there', not to mention I've hit several issues with under-leveling and then trying to do my story missions.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 15:10 The Half Elf

Question, recently reinstalled Elite D, and the launcher is coming up blank besides the 'play' button. This normal for anyone else? My Google-FU™ (alt+153 for you Crestion) is failing me.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 14:43 The Half Elf

harlock wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:05:
John Carmack ate some cereal this morning

Probably the same cereal that Steven Hawking eats, and Einstein ate.

I have to wonder what John's thoughts are on the current engine war.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 19:09 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 18:14:
There is no spoon. There is no HL3! The only thing I know for a certainty in this world is that nobody has as many as friends as the man who has many cheeses!
I mean.. my question is... *in best Walken voice* what.. sorta cheese's are we talkin about here? I.. mean.. is it goudda, ched-ar, or blue.... it's really.... all about... the mood.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 11:18 The Half Elf

You still need to purchase a boxed copy of the game to get an account key.  

9240 Comments. 462 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo