Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > City of Heroes Revival?
8. Re: City of Heroes Revival? Sep 2, 2014, 14:33 The Half Elf

Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:40:
Marvel Heroes 2015 is a good alternative to City of Heroes.

It is an on-line only, UT3 engined, free-to-play, (not-so) micro-transaction based MMO that has been updated weekly and has a strong user base.

City of Heroes had a unique and wonderful sense of movement and acrobatics. You could bound buildings and leap and jump and do pretty much anything in the level movement wise.

Any entry into the not elves-dragons and heraldic fantasy genre is welcome, even though City of Heroes shut down in 2012.

You sound like a payed schill.
Champions Online is a good alternative to CoH, but Marvel Heroes 20XX is Diablo with a Marvel flare that nickle and dimes you for everything, even worse then Lock Box Online.. er Star Trek Online/Champions Online.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 19:06 The Half Elf

I'm not taking either side, but the author has some points. Do I want to cuddle Star Citizen as my 1st born and brag that I have 1000 hours into the game less then a year after it releases? Of course, but considering how many teams are doing so many different parts of the game, they REALLY need to be showing some progress beyond 2 hangers, the ships, and crap that goes in the hangers.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
3. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 12:58 The Half Elf

If Take Two told EA to fuck off, what makes you think Activision/Blizzard is in any way going to be able to buy them?

Not to mention Rockstar would become like Infinity Ward, leave and make a new company.

But if there is any truth to this, gamer's are fucked.

News Comments > CCP Closing SF Office
6. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 28, 2014, 15:38 The Half Elf

Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 10:17:
A final act of idiocy, would be letting the VtM license fall into the hands of some company, more incompetent and doesn't give a damn about the franchise like activision.

Wasn't it Activision who made the first VtM game?

News Comments > EVE Online Hyperion Launched
6. Re: EVE Online Hyperion Launched Aug 27, 2014, 22:20 The Half Elf

Vio wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 17:25:
The Eve Learning Curve

That
is
fucking
awesome.
And scarily accurate.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 27, 2014, 22:15 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 21:19:
Yeah, thanks Ant.

Score one for the gay guy!

News Comments > Escape Dead Island in November
9. Re: Escape Dead Island in November Aug 27, 2014, 22:14 The Half Elf

Cel Shading that looks like that old cel shaded game XIII, and not in a good way.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 27, 2014, 22:10 The Half Elf

Ok here is my problem....
People make threats against you and your family members. You blog it first THEN contact the police?!? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!? Get your fucking priorities straight!

News Comments > Centauri Sector Announced
4. Re: Centauri Sector Announced Aug 25, 2014, 19:23 The Half Elf

reminds me of Space Pirates and Zombies.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Analog Stick Explained
2. Re: Steam Controller Analog Stick Explained Aug 24, 2014, 19:52 The Half Elf

Said it when they showed the 1st model, that you don't take 3 generations of console controllers and try to reinvent them, when all PC ports are designed for a 360 controller/layout. You just won't get the same movement from a left stick (typically for movement in console games) from a touchpad. Right stick to aim I could see being useful depending on how the pad is setup, but how many developers are really going to put extra work into coding a Steam controller layout?  

News Comments > Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs
12. Re: Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs Aug 22, 2014, 13:39 The Half Elf

wtf_man wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 09:21:
Did they fix the driving for mouse and keyboard users yet?

Takes about 2 mins to google it and set the settings in a file.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 The Half Elf

NFL Pick time again?

GO CUBS!

I would like to pick the Bengal's but sadly I'm not a native of Cincinnati and delusional (bat shit crazy) about the Bengal's chances.
4 years, 4 loses in the 1st post season game of the year.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2014, 11:39 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 10:34:
Good on Bliz.

Picked up the People magazine with Robin today. Not sure if I want to read it, but there is just something about the picture that reverberates to my soul.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 19:54 The Half Elf

SlimRam wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 17:01:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:21:

Speaking of a house stuff, I finally just found a rug that really ties the room together. It's really enhanced my Dudeness.

Seriously Cutter? *hands on hips* Dammit, if you are a bachelor then the ONLY thing that should be on your floor is vomit, a used rubber, food, women's underwear, and half your wardrobe, COME ON MAN!

Even I'm not THAT gay Cutter *now goes and picks up all the underwear off the bathroom floor and washes it*

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 11:09 The Half Elf

*checks watch* You're up early Blue!  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
24. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 09:03 The Half Elf

Didn't we have this discussion last week?

10 people are sitting at a table. 1 person just bitches and moans about everything and is never happy. They get up and leave the table. Now another person starts bitching and moaning about the person who was bitching and moaning and the other 8 people are now dealing with 2 people they don't want to listen to.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
10. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 16, 2014, 01:47 The Half Elf

killer_roach wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 01:22:
BitWraith wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 10:56:
I have all the other CEs. I have preordered this one. No need to break a trend now.

Honestly, it's a bit disappointing by the standards of Blizzard CEs, but if their art book is anything like their prior ones, it should be worth the asking price for the avid fan.

The Game, Music, Making of DVD, Art Book, Mouse Pad, Diablo 3 had a awesome flashdrive and holder that also gave you Diablo 1 and 2, Starcraft 2 had a awesome flashdrive with Starcraft 1 and expansion on it, not to mention all the digital goodies that can ONLY be gotten from the CE or Digital Deluxe version. Also Diablo 2 CE had the Diablo rules for using it with AD&D. AND before they had trial version of their games they also had friends codes as well.

Hell of alot more then what other CE's are offering these days, and priced cheaper.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Aug 14, 2014, 23:55 The Half Elf

Sharing my Steam account with the BF, and set up the family pin, which no longer works and been waiting 3 days for a response back from Valve....  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
3. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 12, 2014, 18:47 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 18:21:
Gotta say, it's looking pretty awesome.

So was Far Cry 3. Remember jumping off the cliff, the underwater life, the shadows on the wall. Then Remember how NONE of that is in the actual game?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 14:21 The Half Elf

My Idol, my inspiration, my comfort, my joy. You will be missed.  

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo