Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8735 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale May 4, 2014, 18:36 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on May 4, 2014, 16:19:
The Half Elf wrote on May 4, 2014, 15:29:
Picked up Transformers Fall of Cybertron (as it finally went on sale) and is still a masterpiece on the PC.

Yeah, after almost two years. Crazy. Also, they took out the campaign coop, so I passed on it.

If ya liked the first game, you would be doing yourself a huge disservice by not playing it. Plus the MP bring back alot of UT memories.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 4, 2014, 15:29 The Half Elf

Picked up Transformers Fall of Cybertron (as it finally went on sale) and is still a masterpiece on the PC.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2014, 13:42 The Half Elf

Thank Yoda that Lucas is no longer part of the future of Star Wars.  

9. Re: Laser pointers May 4, 2014, 09:19 The Half Elf

Hey Blue, how come ya didn't mention Free Comic Day yesterday?  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2014, 19:02 The Half Elf

Neighbor grilled me and the BF some Bambi, and let ya tell ya, Bambi was tasty  

News Comments > Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale
3. Re: Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale May 2, 2014, 12:04 The Half Elf

And it's utter crap. Stick with Fall/War of Cybertron.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P
6. Re: PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P May 1, 2014, 13:16 The Half Elf

I miss the vehicle certs from the first game instead of (whatever the system is now, I think you have to kill to get vehicle money).  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 1, 2014, 01:02 The Half Elf

Mists of Pandora?

Really Blue? I know it has giant blue smurfs in it, but I don't think it had Panda's

News Comments > Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall
7. Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall May 1, 2014, 00:44 The Half Elf

Honestly, my nephews collect the vinylmation characters from disney, the only difference is you can actually use these in a game. That being said, I honestly wouldn't mind owning the figures, but it's not a cheap hobby.  

News Comments > Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall
4. Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall Apr 30, 2014, 21:11 The Half Elf

I had it for the 360 and finally sold it. It's not a bad game except your looking at paying 50-70 bucks for the initial game, 10-15 bucks a character (unless in 2 packs) and then if you want more game worlds your looking at 30-40 bucks more, and you cannot use characters from Toy Story in the Monster's Inc world, and can only use them all together in the sandbox mode.
They would make more money if they sold the base game, and have everything else as DLC.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Prodigy the Game Apr 30, 2014, 14:31 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 14:18:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:13:
Will I have the opportunity to smack my bitch up?

Whatever happens between two consenting adults is their business.

Don't forget the safe word!

News Comments > GeForce Watch Dogs Support
7. Re: GeForce Watch Dogs Support Apr 30, 2014, 13:58 The Half Elf

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:21:
harlock wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:02:
if the game sucks tho, i wont care about the gfx at all

I'm betting on sucks. Any game with this much press (and all the focus on the graphics), I can essentially guarantee they haven't spent enough time on the gameplay. It's like Titanfall--once the shiny, new novelty wears off, it will get old as fuck. Not holding my breath. There hasn't been a really good game in a really long time.

Go play Assassin's Creed 4 on any console, then on a good PC rig and the visual difference is quite noticeable. Ubisoft is one of the few publishers/developers that puts in quality time and code into their PC Ports since AC1.

Or would you much rather go the route (which Ubisoft did with Far Cry 3 E3 presentation), where you have a game that is displayed as beautiful and later is nothing like it was promised (Aliens CM, Far Cry 3, Doom 3, Dark Souls 1 and 2, Alan Wake, etc)?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man 2
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Apr 30, 2014, 13:53 The Half Elf

The problem is you had really solid characters (Peter, Mary Jane,Uncle Ben, Aunt May) in the first 3 movies (granted the 3rd movie was an abomination), but as much as I love Sally Fields and Martin Sheen, they just paled in comparison to the first 3 movies. While Doc Conners in the reboot isn't bad, he just isn't the bad-ass/creepy villain that Goblin or Doc Ock was. Plus I really wanted to see Doc Conners from the first trilogy as The Lizard.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Gameplay Footage
2. Re: H1Z1 Gameplay Footage Apr 30, 2014, 10:02 The Half Elf

Visually it looks good, but overall it's just too early to tell.  

News Comments > GeForce Watch Dogs Support
1. Re: GeForce Watch Dogs Support Apr 30, 2014, 09:46 The Half Elf

27 days!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 29, 2014, 23:50 The Half Elf

Drifting in a Lotus?!? I don't think so.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 29, 2014, 23:46 The Half Elf

BF got me Consortium for Xmas and I have yet to finish it. Just too many issues and constant game wipes, not to mention a few false promises of what you could do in the game that you simply can't unless you hit a script moment.

Having fun with Prison Architect even though I'm building a horrible prison

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2014, 21:41 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:20:
I'm gonna skip that Godzilla trailer. Don't wanna know all the monsters. Wait, there's more than just Godzilla in the movie??! SPOILERS!!!

It's a mogwai.

WITH BIG POINTY TEETH!

Flamethrower

News Comments > Watch Dogs Season Pass Details
7. Re: Watch Dogs Season Pass Details Apr 29, 2014, 12:48 The Half Elf

You mean like every other game released these days? I'm gonna defend Ubi and say that it's nice to see single player stuff added to a season pass vs AC4 which was all multiplayer stuff.

That being said... GMG will not let me order it... grrrrrr.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 11:59 The Half Elf

BUT LENS FLARES WILL MAKE IT AWWWWWEEEESOME!

Have faith, at least if you dress up in Stormtrooper Armor, no one really knows who you are

8735 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo