Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9772 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 11:49 The Half Elf

SPOILER:

THE EWOKS KILLS EVERYONE!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 01:01 The Half Elf

Pigeon wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 09:43:
nin wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 09:30:
I get to do something cool later today, though mentioning it in advance is not really playing it cool.

STAR WARS??!?

but I'll fill you in tomorrow, at which point it will probably be a "so what?"

Ok, maybe not!

So I'm just setting myself up here. That's me... living on the edge.

You and Aerosmith are going to go see Star Wars together?!

Steven Tyler could go dressed as a hippie Admiral Ackbar. He wouldn't even need makeup to give him a big fish mouth.

On a related note, many many many many moons ago when I worked for Lego I did get to meet Aerosmith during Xmas, and Will Eisner and his wife. Have a photo around here somewhere...

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 16, 2015, 21:25 The Half Elf

NO! NO WE ARE NOT!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2015, 21:24 The Half Elf

You would be surprised how strict California is about dumping. When I worked for Home Depot or Lowes, one of our stores in California was fined several million dollars for some paint.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Friday
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Friday Dec 16, 2015, 21:23 The Half Elf

Performance seems worse for me after the patch.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 16, 2015, 19:52 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 14:03:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 13:19:
For $60 more you can just get a Nexus 7 with 1080p screen and real google OS support.

Where? I need one for work.

I'd like to know this as well.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 16, 2015, 19:35 The Half Elf

*stabs jdryer with the plastic dvd box The Avengers came in*  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2015, 19:34 The Half Elf

I'd like to see the director of the Hellboy movies to do a movie for Star Wars.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2015, 11:19 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 09:46:
Pigeon wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 09:43:
Steven Tyler could go dressed as a hippie Admiral Ackbar.

Dude looks like a hero! Guitarist

You know he wouldn't close his eyes, he wouldn't fall asleep, cause he doesn't want to miss a thing.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer Dec 15, 2015, 14:23 The Half Elf

But visually (just the main characters Assassin's and Templar's) just look fucking UGLY compared to Unity. Granted they took a step back visually from Unity with Syndicate to prevent the issues Unity had (pre-patched), but it very noticeable.  

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Announced
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 14, 2015, 17:00 The Half Elf

1st game was such a letdown (not to mention the bugs).  

5. Re: Independence Day: Resurgence - Official Trailer Dec 14, 2015, 11:27 The Half Elf

Before I had indoor cats, i still have this monstrous white outdoor cat that between the neighbor and myself have been taking care of for about 5 years.
Then again my indoor cats are actually dogs in cats bodies.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
16. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 16:03 The Half Elf

PLEASE be 2143.  

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
41. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 15:16 The Half Elf

It's shallow, it's a money grab to force the DLC/Season Pass, and is roughly 1/10th the awesomeness of Battlefront 1 and 2.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2015, 18:00 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:51:
The best part of Star Wars Battlefront is it only contains content from the original trilogy, the game has amazing visuals and sound that captures the Star Wars atmosphere pretty well.

Once you take all that in you're pretty much done with the game, most people will grind out the weapon and card unlocks or reach max rank of 50 and feel like they've won the game.

It's about a 40 to 50 hour game by design.

They can't win though, if they had made a reskinned version of Battlefield people would have bellyached about it. Giving people the ability to drive AT-AT's would have been a hot mess. They could have destroyed the cinematic themes of the battles from the movies by creating some sort of giant walker for the rebels to use, that would go over like a lead balloon for sure.

The problem is once they got the graphics/maps/sound down (which they nailed) they did little of nothing else to give some meat to the game. Or they have, but are cutting it out of the main game for the OVERPRICED season pass.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
5. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:21 The Half Elf

Another Beth game that breaks mod's when patched?!?!? OMG like this had NEVER EVER EVER happened before.

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
5. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 7, 2015, 01:53 The Half Elf

They have to get their monies worth out of AC Unity. As far as I can tell it's just a cel-shaded version of Unity's Paris.  

10. Re: Need help finding a game.. Dec 2, 2015, 14:08 The Half Elf

AHA Found it.

Defect

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
17. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 2, 2015, 14:05 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 10:25:
nin wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 10:06:
Retired wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 10:04:
Pillars of Eternity for 23 and Witcher 3 for half off. Dang.

Saw it for $25 last week and almost pulled the trigger - but I have no idea when I'd get around to playing it...

Yeaaaaahhhh......I am neck deep in NEW games, damn near given up on my backup log.....

Games I have done the first few hours in:
JC3
Witcher 2,3
Far Cry 4
Fallout 4
Blops 3
AC Syncidate
Darkest Dungeon
Guild of Dungeonering
Dying Light
Pillars of Eterneity
Batman AK

And I KNOW I am forgetting some, this is just the last month or so.....ugh.

YOU GET NO MORE GAMES SIR!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 2, 2015, 14:04 The Half Elf

Is it really THAT hard to hit 60fps with Chivalry on a 'next gen' console?  

9772 Comments. 489 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo