Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Deluxe Edition Released
3. Re: Titanfall Deluxe Edition Released Nov 19, 2014, 21:47 The Half Elf

Solid multiplayer game, but really could have used some sort of Mechwarrior 4 type of single player.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
16. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 21:42 The Half Elf

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 20:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 19:55:
I came back and have to say that I'm very impressed with WoW, probably as much as I was the first time I ever played back in Beta.
I'm not trolling....genuinely curious... What changed that impressed you and made it so enjoyable?

They tooks some things like the Doff system from Star Trek Online, they also gave you a personal garrison/space which is nice so you can make it unique to your character and their professions. Quests are varied and unique, and having a character boosted to 90 means I can join my friends that have been playing constantly from Beta without having to work through 90 levels. Also things like quest tracker, and quite a few other things that use to be mods are not built into the game.
I will say I dislike that they removed all the hunter pet goodies, but really have a closeted Pokemon (on the Gameboy systems ONLY) fetish, so having a use for all the Collectors Edition pets in Pet Battles is fun.

Only major thing I dislike with the expansion is all your quest armor is just color variants of what you get within 2 levels so you tend to look like everyone else (haven't even touched transmogriphing yet).

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
4. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 19:55 The Half Elf

The big draw of the expansion was a free level 90 character. And judging by the que's even after the DDoS attack.

I came back and have to say that I'm very impressed with WoW, probably as much as I was the first time I ever played back in Beta.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 15:01 The Half Elf

Had a few honda's (on my second now) and went to babysit the nephew's last night and rolled down the window to find out where to park and the window motivator died (98 Honda). Thankfully we had a heatwave of 30 today so I could drive along the interstates trying to thaw out all the snow with the heater on full. Cost about 200 bucks to fix. Would have been nicer if I didn't end up getting sick at my sister's last night with food poisoning as well, and having to take the day off sick, but at least it gave me time to get the window repaired.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 14:06 The Half Elf

But at the same time... Ubisoft really did have a good run since the bullshit DRM storm.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 11:30 The Half Elf

Wonder if Ubisoft used the same bug team from battlefield 4?  

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
14. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 16:18 The Half Elf

While it would be nice, much rather have Forza 2 and 3 instead.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 21:23 The Half Elf

Have I pirated games in the past? Yes. Why? To see if I would actually like the game. Typically I play it a few hours, if I like it I buy it, if I don't I delete it.

But with the mess with AC Unity, and how much bullshit showed at E3 that wasn't in the game with FarCry 3, I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not pirating, or purchasing FC4.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2014, 23:32 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:33:
nin wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 09:46:
The bobcat didn't know I was there... For almost a minute.

That's a youngster. Very cute!

Had a stub tailed cat years who'd move her tail like that.

A little scary - they have no problem attacking humans. Used to see them all the time in South Dakota int he hills.

An ex and I would go to his grandfather's farm outside of Indianapolis and they had a family of them out there. Very social and playful. Somewhere I have a picture of one sitting on my sholders. BUT THEY ARE SO SOFT, AND FUZZY, AND CUDDLY!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 22:56 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 21:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:58:
Anyone have any GMG coupons for this? I'm sorta interested but also after DA2 would like to wait and see.

whenever i need to buy a game i always google gmg coupons first. there's always one out there.

And if I didn't already search my email, and the internet I wouldn't be asking.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 20:58 The Half Elf

Anyone have any GMG coupons for this? I'm sorta interested but also after DA2 would like to wait and see.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 11:50 The Half Elf

Then walk in and order it and get it to go? Chipolte isn't fast food, it's 'fast casual'.

But it's ok to lie about a child with a major illness to get muffin's? And if you don't have enough time to sit down and eat at a Chipolte, and are asking for a drive-thru, why the fuck do you care what the people are doing inside the B&M in the first place? And who the hell said that Chipolte was the place to go gather at socially?

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
6. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 11:38 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:16:
Yeah, okay, how about things in the game which were blatantly broken then? The EU had to deal with the first quest to your garrison being bugged, which also acts as the central point to advancing your story, and was completely busted for not one, two, or three hours but nearly 14 hours while NA had to wait about two hours. It's like Blizzard turned the expansion on and then went to bed.

I don't think any other expansion release was mishandled in such a way for as long as it did and it baffles me that it still happens to Blizzard products.

EVERYONE had the Garrison bugged, didn't matter what territory or server. The only way to 'fix' it was to log out, and good luck logging back in.

But what you're whining about is that blizzard mishandled the launch of the expansion, even when they've had 3 other expansion's launch without a problem. I guess you didn't read about the DDoS attack or anything right?

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
5. Re: The Crew Trailer Nov 13, 2014, 19:40 The Half Elf

Thanks for the offer but I'm good. What I really miss is Tag and Cat and Mouse from the Forza series. I'd love to have a more solid follow up to Test Drive Unlimited 1 or 2, but just not sure.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
35. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 18:47 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 12:20:
All of the ranting you guys have done about this game has somewhat persuaded me to try the pirate one. I hated the original, to the point that I gave up as soon as I saw the second city was identical in gameplay to the first, but everyone keeps mentioning the positives of the pirate one as far outweighing the negatives.

Eh. I'll probably just replay Mount & Blade instead while I wait for FC4.

Play AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations, skip 3, play Black Flag.

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
2. Re: The Crew Trailer Nov 13, 2014, 18:43 The Half Elf

Been itching for another racer since I sold my 360 (Love you Forza, I mean it!), but from the beta this was looking pretty iffy, and with the clusterfuck of AC Unity, there is no way in hell I'm touching a Ubisoft product until major reviews come in.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
16. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 18:32 The Half Elf

Khadgar was my original server, but have friends who play Alliance on Stormrage, so hanging with them.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2014, 10:22 The Half Elf

Is she part of the Palin clan?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Nov 11, 2014, 22:27 The Half Elf

GMG had it on sale and with 5 bucks in credit ended up getting it for 14 bucks.

It has some issues. Conan O'Brian just doesn't fit into the game, and Adam West playing Stan Lee's counterpart in this game just doesn't have the power of Stan 'The Man' Lee. Throwing in the Wonder Women theme every time she flys (annoying as hell), and the 60's Batman TV show theme song also doesn't fit.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 20:25 The Half Elf

Wow Ubi, you were doing quite well. How the hell do you not have 30fps locked on the console editions!?!  

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo