Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9186 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black May 8, 2015, 00:56 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:00:
nin wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:52:

edit: Also, while you see the Kree in Marvel movies, you may never see the Skrulls.

What the happy HORSE SHIT!? Ugh, stupid corporations! The natural progression with the current Movie universe would be the Skrulls after Infinity Gauntlet/Civil War.

Figures, although I had known about the whole Fox abusing their Mutants license, I hadn't known Skrulls were off the table too.

Also, as others have said, pretty soon the movie format simply isn't going to work for these projects... there isn't enough time on screen for the amount of characters they plan on using.

You have to understand, that not very long ago Marvel was on the verge of going under and licensed out Spider-Man to Sony, Fantastic Four and X-Men to Fox.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 14:49 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:06:
Motherfucker is that ever gory! Cyclops though! Never see enough of them in CRPGs for some reason. Always loved the cyclops since the old Sinbad flick as a kid.

I see your Sinbad, and raise you Krull!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
17. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 14:46 The Half Elf

Just put Klingon Academy and Bridge Commander on there (hell the Starfleet Command games too) and I'll throw my wallet at ya!  

News Comments > GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles
5. Re: GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles May 6, 2015, 00:11 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on May 5, 2015, 20:42:
Of course this happens right after I buy a 970 (with the Witcher).

Altho, the card I bought went up $40 in price and no longer comes with the backplate (but does come with witcher and batman).

As for SLI, not sure I'm gonna go that route again. Have had 3 games recently that freaked out from SLI, which is why I switched to a faster single card. It's not quite as beefy as my previous cards combined, but games don't flip out, either.

Far Cry 4, Heroes of the Storm, and Titanfall were the games, if you were curious.

Had mine a few days (thank you Kentucky Derby work pool!) but damn

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2015, 21:04 The Half Elf

At times his voice is very similar to Obama.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2015, 13:21 The Half Elf

DELETED FOR COMEDIC REASONS

This comment was edited on May 4, 2015, 14:09.

News Comments > I am Bread Star Wars Update
3. Re: I am Bread Star Wars Update May 4, 2015, 10:14 The Half Elf

Um....wtf... um....

I NEEDZ IT!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 4, 2015, 00:29 The Half Elf

Double Fine did a free Xbox 360 game for the Kinect that was awesome for kids (my nephew's loved it). One part was where they made you to be sorta like King Kong and put buildings all over your living room to destroy. Was quite a bit of fun.

But if I can somehow make a level based on what I'm looking at and edit it on the PC and then put it back into the HoloLens to explore around in etc, and share with others, that would be fucking awesome (not with Minecraft) but with say... Lego?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 3, 2015, 20:15 The Half Elf

Any more so from cell phones, mobile gaming devices, bluetooth devices?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 3, 2015, 13:18 The Half Elf

Just won't be as a good as a 3rd person game. Anyone remember the Xmen Quake Mod?

Prototype, Infamous, Saints Row 4. If you want to sell the character you need to be able to see what they are doing and you just wouldn't in 1st person. I don't want to be staring over Cap's Shield/Thor's Hammer/Iron Man's Hands/etc etc the entire game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2015, 10:51 The Half Elf

Isle 2. Mayo is near the salad dressing and condiments. And it's not really held, it just sits on a shelf.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 02:34 The Half Elf

Ever think that maybe he has one of those mice with only 1 button? Or has the roller ball in the bottom gunked up by lord only knows what?

WORK THE PROBLEM PEOPLE!

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
25. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 11:49 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on May 1, 2015, 10:13:
wow, those skin shaders, those lips, the eyes, fucking breathtaking.

how can you all watch the same video I just did, and only walk away with: "well, this is dumb, i'm not gonna buy 4x titans to run this? This is stupid, who cares?"

gamers i swear, when will you collectively pull your heads out of your own asses? i'm sure the reaction would be the same if they showed off Mario64 graphics in the NES era. I'm sure everyone would just generally be cunty about it. Rolleyes

Again until consoles come with 4 Titans in them (or the AMD equivalents) there is NO company in the next 10 years that is going to be producing a game with that much visual fidelity. And hell even with certain companies like Ubisoft, Rockstar, CD Project, Bethesda, pushing out high end settings for their games, we are never going to have another Quake/Far Cry/Rage game moment (with exception to maybe Star Citizen) where we need to upgrade our hard. That's 4400 bucks to run a tech demo.

As someone else mentioned, remember the Nvidia Fairy Demo? That was shown in 2002, and we STILL haven't hit that point in gaming.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
2. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 09:10 The Half Elf

Sure let me pony up for 4 Titan X's.

But what I don't get, is that with the consoles being AMD (XbOne PS4) why you would use a Final Fantasy game (that has never been a major graphics whore) to showcase DX 12.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2015, 09:22.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 07:44 The Half Elf

Talisorn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 22:21:
Still no support for steering wheels or joysticks?

See my Signature. Same thing applies for GTA games.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 07:41 The Half Elf

necrosis wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 18:28:
I wonder if this fixes the crash when shooting out of cars bug.

I found 2 things to fix this (previous to this patch). 1) Make sure you have the Launch Page enabled (so when the game loads you have the menu to choose single player, multiplayer, random job, settings), and 2) delete cfg.dat and pc_settings files in C:\Users\User name\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\Numbere\

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:02 The Half Elf

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:26:
Off topic, but hey.

The Protein World "Beach Body Ready" ad has been banned.

Just remember: SJWs don't want to BAN anything. They're just criticizing.

It's only when their criticism doesn't yield the results that they want that they start banning things.

Why the fuck would you post that in the Consolidation thread?

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
30. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 16:00 The Half Elf

What if we took the sailing from Black Flag with the hacking of Watch Dogs, and threw it together in a Shadow Run/Cyberpunk/Steampunk setting?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 10:02 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:14:
Hope they fix the cars this time.

I think cars (handling was fine) but the weight of vehicles was really weird. Now motorcycles... were another issues.

It really wasn't a bad game, but beyond the hacking, there really wasn't anything that made it stand out (or the city).

Could really shine with co-op.

News Comments > More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam
2. Re: More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam Apr 28, 2015, 20:49 The Half Elf

I still don't think those are the updated graphics version that was re-released just the game and the DLC in one package.

But man did I put so many hours into flying the Otana.

9186 Comments. 460 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo