Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9250 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2015, 00:39 The Half Elf

Really Watch Dog's isn't a bad game. Suffers from the Ubisoft Far Cry/Assassin's Creed fair of side stuff to do but not a bad game.
Still fun to hack other people's game and play hide and seek

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2015, 00:37 The Half Elf

Anyone else taking the Win 10 plunge?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
3. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 12:29 The Half Elf

How about a better way to fucking catagorize these games? Final Fantasy 22:0:-1:Remix:HD Edition  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
14. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:10 The Half Elf

Worst problem for me with Mafia 2, is you had this big beautiful city with nothing to do in it except drive around.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
8. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 11:04 The Half Elf

See I told ya, the guy from Mafia 2 is in Fallout 4!

Never finished Mafia 1, Mafia 2 I saved the friend but loved/HATED the ending, so hopefully you can save him in 3.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
117. Oh Lord.... Jul 20, 2015, 23:02 The Half Elf

While I have to admit, I've been following Star Citizen since the initial video, I am hard pressed to defend it.

I'd love to defend it, but at the same time how do you defend a project that appears to be spiraling out of control?

Just a off the top of my head list:
Bad engine choice, made even more obvious by Roberts hiring ex-Crytek programmers.
Hiring and creating extra studios. Hiring family members not qualifyed for the projects.
Money spent on salaries, costumes/t-shirts, conventions/gatherings, ship models (all the extra crap that looks like money was just thrown at it so they'd have something cool in the officer).
Stretch goals that are taking priority over the initial core game that was the selling point of the kickstarter.
The only other person hated more in gaming then Jack Thompson offering up a million dollars to find out where the game stands.

That being said....
A first person mode was part of the initial kickstarter so you could walk around your ship and interact with it. Not a FPS (first person shooter).
Agree to disagree, but at the same time, don't be blinded into thinking YOUR opinion is the only one. Theyarecomingforyou, yes you spent money on this project, and trust me you are NOT the only one that would give a testicle to see this project succeed, but at the same time, don't be blinded because we all remember the Wing Commander/Xwing/Privateer/Freelancer days.

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
3. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 20, 2015, 19:23 The Half Elf

Was afk for about 10 mins last night and some guy loaded me up with about 5 million. 3 million while I was afk, and he did something to me every time I moved I got 40 grand.  

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
1. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 20, 2015, 18:47 The Half Elf

The patch today also fixes the framerate hitch introduced in the last patch.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Website
5. Re: Fallout 4 Website Jul 18, 2015, 21:36 The Half Elf

Only thing that seemed weird to me is that when they show the face coming out of the vault, I had a flashback to Mafia 2. The faces look a little plastic'y to me.  

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 00:49 The Half Elf

I've said this before and I'll say this again.

Derek Smart is a AWESOME person to talk to and listen to about the game industry, as long as he is NOT talking about his own games.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:23 The Half Elf

He reminds me of a villian from Power Rangers  

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
7. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 13:16 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 12:55:
Well DUH.

Stop preordering shit.

Typically I would agree with you Creston, but WBIE and Rocksteady's track record was pretty damn good up till this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2015, 11:49 The Half Elf

We had a dry day yesterday, with one exception. Yesterday was Gay Pride in Cincinnati, and with the announcment Friday,5 couples were married at Fountain Square by Mayor John Cranley.

Now that we have gay marriage, we need need...... *wait for it*

GAY DIVORCE COURT... with Judge Judy! Preferably on Showtime (because who doesn't want to hear Judge Judy go off on 2 queens fighting over who gets the Barbarah Streisand records, and who gets to keep Barry Manlow

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 11:41 The Half Elf

Performance is drastically better.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Rewards Program
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 27, 2015, 00:53 The Half Elf

bozu wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 18:24:
How many points do I have to earn to get a stable frame rate?

I recently purchased a gtx 970 and let me tell ya, after all the patches, Unity is a sexy smooth beast.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
17. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 16:25 The Half Elf

Well I only paid 25 bucks via G2A for a steam key so no refund, and I have enough other stuff to play while they patch it.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Collector's Edition
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Collector's Edition Jun 23, 2015, 12:46 The Half Elf

Still not a fucking Rainbow Six game.  

7. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 12:45 The Half Elf

Batmobile controls are loose using a 360 controller as well.

Anyone pre-order from G2A and get the Harley DLC?

News Comments > The Division Preorders & Beta Signups
1. Re: The Division Preorders & Beta Signups Jun 23, 2015, 12:34 The Half Elf

Still excited for this game!  

3. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 11:18 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 11:04:
My PC is a year old and it's the min specs for this game. That's ridiculously unoptimized for AMD owners so it's a definite pass.

Cutter, love ya dearly but shaddup.

It's not a AMD/Nvidia problem it's a shitty port problem, even with my system hitting their recommended specs.

9250 Comments. 463 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo