Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9775 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015 Dec 22, 2015, 01:11 The Half Elf

Finally after the 1st xmas on the 360, I GET MY ELF EARS BACK!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary Dec 21, 2015, 17:09 The Half Elf

You know what I'd love to see game documentary wise, is how Rockstar design's one of it's cities.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:47 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:42:
Stephen, when I was out yesterday I came across this, so I stopped to snap a pic.

Heaslip Lane

Was nin's van parked nearby?

9. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Dec 21, 2015, 12:15 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 11:47:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 11:40:
Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! am I right?! Dance

Seeing it a third time in IMAX tonight.

I've seen it twice (one 3d, one 2d, neither imax) and while I was originally thinking two was enough (at least until blu), the idea of an imax screening sounds more and more likely (frankly, it seems like a crime for it NOT to happen).

But yeah, I'm still on the rollercoaster, and find it not only occupies my waking thoughts, but also my dreams. My one fear at this point is that expectations (mine included) are now set too high for episode 8. They got a home run, but can they get 3 home runs????

Good news: only something like 17 months away! And we'll have Rogue One to tie us over in the meantime. Seems like a fantastic time to be a Star Wars fan.

Hey George? THIS is how you do Star Wars.

hate you more

Nasty chest cold is almost done (hate going to a movie and then coughing during it), and go outside and drive to the store (about 1/2 mile away) and hear what sounds like a flat tire on the front passenger side (just got brand new front tires on the 8th), get home and 3 of the 4 lug nuts are loose enough I can hand twist them. So outside in the pouring rain (thank god it's not that cold here) jacking up the car, tightening the nuts (even gay guys don't like cold loose nuts in the rain) and now I sound like I'm trying to cough up 2 lungs and a box of shredded wheat. Hopefully this will clear up so I can go see it it in Imax Wednesday, because I can't chain smoke to pass the time, and I'm only willing to chew my nails down to the cuticles.

8. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Dec 21, 2015, 12:14 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 11:40:
Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! am I right?! Dance

Seeing it a third time in IMAX tonight.

Hate you.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 20, 2015, 21:16 The Half Elf

While I applaud indie dev's, this is just more crap on Steam that I have to wade through.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 15:31 The Half Elf

GTA Online for the PC is fucking dead. Good luck trying to get any heists or missions going to get money for the new content they added.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
30. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 01:20 The Half Elf

Jerykk wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 01:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 00:30:
Even listen to the guy from IGN's reaction. He reviewed Mafia 1 and 2 for IGN, and his reaction is that it's way to over the top.

If it was grabbing the guy from behind (hand over mouth) and a stab in the back through the ribs, I would TOTALLY get that. But it's like they are purposly going after the shock value of 12 year old's "OMG DID YOU SEE HIM JUST STAB HIM IN THE CHEST OVER AND OVER!" commentary.

One could argue that the protagonist, as a Vietnam War vet and gangster, is desensitized to violence and that the developers are trying to make the player feel desensitized too.

I could understand that if they didn't 1) call the game Mafia 3, or 2) have it set in a real world location unlike the previous 2 games.
Because what it appears is that you have a new game IP that in order to sell more copies they threw on the MAFIA name to get more attention. If anything it it looks more like a DRIVER game, or The Crew (with on foot combat).

And while I never finished Mafia (race car part pre-patch) Mafia II was one of the few games that I fucking loved/hated the ending because the deal was for Vito, not for Joe (and I really wanted to save Joe).
This isn't Mafia, it's more like Scarface New Orleans (cue CSI Theme song of your choice).

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2015, 01:54.

28. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 00:30 The Half Elf

Even listen to the guy from IGN's reaction. He reviewed Mafia 1 and 2 for IGN, and his reaction is that it's way to over the top.

If it was grabbing the guy from behind (hand over mouth) and a stab in the back through the ribs, I would TOTALLY get that. But it's like they are purposly going after the shock value of 12 year old's "OMG DID YOU SEE HIM JUST STAB HIM IN THE CHEST OVER AND OVER!" commentary.

20. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 18:05 The Half Elf

Quboid wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 17:49:
NKD wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 17:39:
siapnar wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 17:18:
They made him stab the guy in the face 3 times for shock value.

Yeah man organized crime never does anything for shock value.

He's supposed to be a trained soldier with designs on actually gaining power. He should be professionally dispatching enemies and not acting like a low level goon. He should know that sneaking into an enemy establishment isn't the time for shock value.

But with the knife sceens all I think of is some vietnam vet going Rambo with PTSD, and throwing anything 'Mafia' related out the window.

6. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 15:58 The Half Elf

siapnar wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 15:33:
Not big on the over-the-top violence, simply because it seems like they're doing it for shock value.

Guess that's what happens when development of the series switches from Europe to the US.

I think this will still be a blast to play, though. Hope the story holds up to the previous two

For once I agree, the over the top violence is a turn off. It's more Scarface then Mafia.

But glad they are FINALLY doing something with the entire city.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2015, 14:59 The Half Elf

\o/

Thanks Blue for not disappointing

*now ponders if I have the ability to see the future...

News Comments > American Truck Simulator in February
8. Re: American Truck Simulator in February Dec 19, 2015, 12:45 The Half Elf

Do they have wild fires that shut down roads, or having to dodge illegal aliens at border patrol checkpoints? What about fucktards who are driving and using their cellphones or driving and putting on makeup to avoid?  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2015, 01:25 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 20:36:
Cabezone wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 19:01:
I love how Cutter thought we didn't understand his point and tried to explain himself.

Well, in all fairness, a lot of you are that stupid, yes.

I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box

*hugs Cutter*

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
8. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 19, 2015, 00:34 The Half Elf

Got it thanks, installing as we speak.

Can friend me on Uplay as Cpt_Ranger

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Kojima Dec 18, 2015, 23:34 The Half Elf

But at the same time Japanese culture and corporate culture is WAY different from other countries.

Ever see Gung Ho?

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 18, 2015, 23:19 The Half Elf

Uplay is pretty decent and now links with Steam.

I tried the beta and hated it but if anyone has a code they want to give out (sick and bored and can't see Force Awakens till this cold is over so need something to pass the time) you can email me directly through Blues or The Half Elf on Steam.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 18, 2015, 22:45 The Half Elf

It's all good until you forgot to download the better 3rd party air-bag extension for your car as you're going off said cliff  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 13:38 The Half Elf

Thank you sir  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 18, 2015, 11:11 The Half Elf

I really wish they'd bring the Infamous series to the PC. Only reason i ever bought a PS3 was to play the Infamous games, and I'd love to play the PS4 version.  

9775 Comments. 489 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo