Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9188 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Mar 6, 2015, 09:47 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:35:
In the IGN video they've mentioned that a Heist mission took them about 3 hrs to do. I wonder how that works. Can you save it and come back to it later?
I am looking forward to the PC version, hopefully they did a good job with the optimization.

The thing is withh GTA4, is that if you set the game at the same settings as the console's it ran great. If anything they left the settings too open and you could crank up the visuals far beyond what the engine could handle (even with high end hardware).

But with exception of GTA Online, I'd rather have Red Dead Redemption on PC.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
3. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 09:45 The Half Elf

Mechwarrior, Crimson Skies, any of the Madness games (Monster Truck, Midtown, Motorcross), I mean come on... there is so much more Microsoft could do!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2015, 21:38 The Half Elf

My cats tend to open doors by sticking their paws UNDER the door, not using the handle.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 5, 2015, 19:13 The Half Elf

I haven't touched Guild Wars 2 in ages. Something about 'hey if you really want to level up, you take your character and go hit every single starting zone and go from there', not to mention I've hit several issues with under-leveling and then trying to do my story missions.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 15:10 The Half Elf

Question, recently reinstalled Elite D, and the launcher is coming up blank besides the 'play' button. This normal for anyone else? My Google-FU™ (alt+153 for you Crestion) is failing me.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 14:43 The Half Elf

harlock wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:05:
John Carmack ate some cereal this morning

Probably the same cereal that Steven Hawking eats, and Einstein ate.

I have to wonder what John's thoughts are on the current engine war.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 19:09 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 18:14:
There is no spoon. There is no HL3! The only thing I know for a certainty in this world is that nobody has as many as friends as the man who has many cheeses!
I mean.. my question is... *in best Walken voice* what.. sorta cheese's are we talkin about here? I.. mean.. is it goudda, ched-ar, or blue.... it's really.... all about... the mood.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 11:18 The Half Elf

You still need to purchase a boxed copy of the game to get an account key.  

3. Re: How not to fill up a simple tank of gas Mar 4, 2015, 11:14 The Half Elf

No there are stupid women in many countries.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 10:35 The Half Elf

Was looking to get into ESO, but 60 bucks is still too steep an entry point.
Are there any reputable key purchasing sites anyone can suggest to get a cheap account key?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 4, 2015, 04:10 The Half Elf

All it takes is one game to be a 'Gamer God'. Unreal, Populous, Everquest, Minecraft....  

News Comments > Mad Max in September
14. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 4, 2015, 01:47 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 00:30:
Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:02:
new Game Informer article

The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were canceled to focus on current gen.

Yea, GI head tweeted that he had a couple hours hands on and it is pretty badass.

You understand Game Informer is the magazine run by Gamestop, and if you've ever read one it's pretty much a 'pre-order OMG!' magazine and actual reviews are piss poor.

11. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 4, 2015, 00:19 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:13:
I always wanted a game that spouted bullshit neocon propaganda.

Oh, wait, this is something else.

Are you ever happy? I mean really, deep down, are you happy?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 22:47 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:33:
Speaking of which I hit 40 at the end of the month...

Oooooohhh welcome to the Old Geezer Club(tm)!

BUT I DON'T WANNA BE A MEMBER! *whines*

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 20:33 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 10:35:
It's my Birthday today, where is my headline and mountain of gifts?

It's like none of you really know me.

With your little yellow eyes, and blue robe and straw hat, I figured you were a jawa on an extended vacation?

Happy Birthday to you, as I know we have a few March days of birth around here.

Speaking of which I hit 40 at the end of the month... as a gamer and gay guy, does that mean I just need to dig my own grave now before the twitch kids and evil twinks shove me in?

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
10. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 20:23 The Half Elf

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:14:
Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:02:
They didn't announce it today so it's over. It would seem Valve is out of games development entirely now.
What if HL3 is being developed by another developer? ... like George Broussard or Chris Roberts?

It would at least be announced, become a kickstarter, sold to 3 other companies, and end up being finished by Derek Smart.

2. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 19:58 The Half Elf

Yeah, we've seen more from Just Cause 3 then this game....  

News Comments > Steam Link Announced
1. Re: Steam Link Announced Mar 3, 2015, 19:57 The Half Elf

Anyone else having a Sierra/Lucasarts vibe from this? You know, when they use to make games?  

News Comments > Valve Reveals Lighthouse VR Tracking System
1. Re: Valve Reveals Lighthouse VR Tracking System Mar 3, 2015, 19:56 The Half Elf

And the VR shit just got real!  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 00:17 The Half Elf

While I'm not even out of the starting area (after you form the Inquisition), I'm sorta enjoying the game, but also it sorta sucked exploring into a valley and being burnt to a crisp by a dragon WAY out of my teams league.
I hate to say it, but it's almost too open?

9188 Comments. 460 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo