Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9283 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
3. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 10:09 The Half Elf

Looks interesting, but watching the video I can't help but want another Interstate 76 game.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 15:43 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:16:

Are you a Police Officer? Then I kindly ask all of you to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Unless you have the badge you have NOTHING to offer the conversation either way. So quit trying to be a armchair officer until you've lived the life.

The fact that you think police are immune to criticism from anyone who isn't a cop is truly frightening. The police are there to serve and protect US, not the other way around. They are accountable to us, not to each other. The sooner they learn this, the better.

I don't know how many more stories about unarmed or restrained people getting gunned down I can take. I'm fucking sick of it, and by extension, fucking sick of any piece of garbage who makes excuses for it.

What you said "The Fact that you think".
I have been EXTREMELY vocal that I believe that cops should be criticized for bad behavior. But at the same time, there are roughly between 700 to 800k law enforcement officers in the USA. And there are situations where they are using their position in ways that do not benefit anyone and make all cops look bad. Same goes with any job position out there.
That being said, there are 3 sides to EVERY story. And you have people in the community that think they are above the law. Furgeson is a great example of this (the initial story, not all the military wanna be bullshit that happened afterwords).

But you also have NO idea what cops have to deal with on and off duty.
Imagine this. You're at church with your wife and child, with other officers who are having their children baptized. An armed gentleman comes in who has had major conflict with the clergy, with the objective of killing people (that's right into a fucking church of cops, innocent people, children). The man is killed, and officers are shot, and will be in recovery for a year or more.

Shit happens every day on both sides. Crazy idiots (like the guy who wanted to be shot by the police but the officer didn't), and evil power hungry law enforcement officers. I'm not saying it's right by ANY stretch of the imagination, but to blindly, say shit without any experience, and never being affected by it is bullshit, and unfair.

Sign up for the military you have a ton of benefits to do so. Sign up to be a cop and you'll be underpaid, overworked, and be put in situations that you wish you'd never encounter.

All I ask is that you please consider the other side of the coin. Because if this is pissing you off, how do you think it feels to cops who are actually doing the job correctly?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:17 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:16:

Are you a Police Officer? Then I kindly ask all of you to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Unless you have the badge you have NOTHING to offer the conversation either way. So quit trying to be a armchair officer until you've lived the life.

The fact that you think police are immune to criticism from anyone who isn't a cop is truly frightening. The police are there to serve and protect US, not the other way around. They are accountable to us, not to each other. The sooner they learn this, the better.

I don't know how many more stories about unarmed or restrained people getting gunned down I can take. I'm fucking sick of it, and by extension, fucking sick of any piece of garbage who makes excuses for it.

First of all dipshit, if you read my posts I have NEVER said police are immune to criticism, EVER. That is a FACT. And if you need to go google what a fact is, I suggest you do so. How fucking stupid are you to sit there behind your computer and tell me what I think about anything? And then call it a fact. Your ignorance is shocking.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 04:04 The Half Elf

I think it's the guys setup, as with M/KB or 360 controller on PC I've had no issues with mouse lag.  

18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 03:43 The Half Elf

found a fix for my problem.

Go to your \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\number\ and delete pc_settings and cfg.dat and viola, all fixed. You won't loose anything that I am aware of.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 00:16 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 17:33:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 14:42:

Oh shut up both of you.

How about YOU shut up porkchop? We've all heard enough from the cop apologist crowd about how it's so awful to be a police officer and we should let them get away with anything and everything because of it.

There's no cop in the US who isn't either complicit or complacent with regards to the systemic issues with law enforcement and people are getting wise to how the police view the public they are supposed to be protecting: As enemies.

16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 00:11 The Half Elf

Sho, the first 5 hours or so are just getting the characters back stories and "getting the band together" so to speak. Especially with Franklin and Mike's story (and my fucking HATRED of Lamar and Mike's son).

And to get the most out of the 3D GTA games, play it with a controller. Especially when it comes to aircraft (or car control in the air).

If you want a good story (and I think the best of the series) pick up GTA 4, then either San Andreas, or Vice City.

Dear Rockstar,
Now is the time to do HD versions of your previous games for the PC along with Red Dead Redemption.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2015, 22:56 The Half Elf

Serious question.
The ECU of the car (the brains I believe) is what they are talking about correct? And people are altering the car by reprogramming the ECU, or replacing it with a non-factory one correct? I'm all for tinkering and messing with things, but how much damage could be done with people messing them up? And I'm not talking about just the driver, I'm talking about other people out on the roads?

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 21:55 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 21:15:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 20:51:
NKD wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 20:32:
None of my issues in here

I have the issue where the game can freeze when shooting out of a vehicle window.

Wow, that's kind of...glaring. You'd think that'd be top of the list. Is it every time?

It's not all the time. But it seems to be related to the camera changing angles. Also will freeze on occasion doing the overhead zooming to character from city view as well.
Otherwise having a blast.
Had Sepharo as a level 8 help finish up the Prison Finale (he was the prisoner).

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 20:51 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 20:32:
None of my issues in here

I have the issue where the game can freeze when shooting out of a vehicle window.

News Comments > Convoy Rolls Out
1. Re: Convoy Rolls Out Apr 21, 2015, 20:48 The Half Elf

No link Blue?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China Trailer Apr 20, 2015, 23:37 The Half Elf

A waste of a setting that the fans have been hoping to see since AC2.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 23:34 The Half Elf

William Shatner is a second rate actor? Best acting of his career was in Boston Legal.

DENNY CRANE!

BTW, finished watching DareDevil on Netflix. Wow. Quite a bit bloodier and darker then I thought it would be, but daaaaaamn, I want another season!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 20, 2015, 20:09 The Half Elf

It LOOKS amazing. But if you couldn't even follow around another player that smoothly on bikes in BF4, how the hell are you going to do so flying speeder bikes on Endor?

And part of my is cringing about how bad Battlefront 2 was.

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
1. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 20, 2015, 19:42 The Half Elf

You mean like the original "prototype" computer sent back from the future to show off the awesome open world game engine they had that was worthless due to being a 360 exclusive?

I have to say, while I never finished Alan Wake, the writing puzzle stuff in this prototype actually has me wanting to see more.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2015, 19:56.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 03:18 The Half Elf

nin, getting a security warning on that link.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 14:59 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 12:59:
Yeah it's a good flick. I love how it shows the engineers scrambling to find solutions to their problems.

Lamar's a clown, he makes me laugh. And yeah, Michael's kid is beyond annoying. You should be able to beat him to death on general principle. His whole family actually. He should have had the option to kick them out of the house permanently and never see or hear from them again.

And no, that video isn't remotely funny.

Why didn't they kick the snoring guy off? Why should she have to sit their listen to a guy saw wood for several hours? Fucking airlines totally out of control.

Why didn't the bitch poke him with the other end of the pen instead of ruining a perfectly good shirt? And why is it people feel entitled to be complete assholes (especially women lately)?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2015, 14:45 The Half Elf

You know when Rock Band 4 comes out, we will have to stage an intervention for Blue.  

News Comments > Into the Black
34. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 12:26 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 11:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 08:26:
]And finally, the expanded universe is now dead, until there is new books based on the movies. There is no Academy, no Anakin, Ben, Jacen and Jaina, no Mara Jade, no Talon Kardde.

The EU is actually alive and well. Disney didn't kill it, they've just said that it's not canon. The EU has even been rebooted, presumably to be able to take advantage of where the new movies go.

Well in reguards to the movies it's dead. As much as I would have loved to see Zahn's books made into the next trilogy.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 10:03 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:40:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:36:
New GTA 5 Patch.
Still want a patch to kill Lamar, and Mike's son.

Eventually Michael's son starts using his bicycle a lot more, and I can't count the number of times I've roared out of the driveway and hit him with the car (fucker jumps out there!). Michael, understandably, freaks out.

I think I've always reloaded the game, and never kept playing to see if he stays dead (I doubt it).

There's also Jesus down at the pier that you can hit with the car, and I've never killed him and seen if he <ahem> resurrects, either.

Give it a shot!

Wild cat is attacking a camera.

Adorable, but yeah, ocelots are wild. I think I've heard of people trying to keep them as pets, and it mostly ends badly.

On the 360 version I have killed Mike's family and Lamar so many time, but they keep coming back. At least in 4 Roman wasn't fucking annoying. But I keep having flash backs to San Andreas where you FINALLY get to kill all the annoying gang members who whined and bitched through the entire game.
The only satisfaction you can really get from Lamar is making a female GTA Online character and doing the tutorial.

9283 Comments. 465 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo