Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9295 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 2, 2015, 02:34 The Half Elf

Ever think that maybe he has one of those mice with only 1 button? Or has the roller ball in the bottom gunked up by lord only knows what?

WORK THE PROBLEM PEOPLE!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
25. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 11:49 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on May 1, 2015, 10:13:
wow, those skin shaders, those lips, the eyes, fucking breathtaking.

how can you all watch the same video I just did, and only walk away with: "well, this is dumb, i'm not gonna buy 4x titans to run this? This is stupid, who cares?"

gamers i swear, when will you collectively pull your heads out of your own asses? i'm sure the reaction would be the same if they showed off Mario64 graphics in the NES era. I'm sure everyone would just generally be cunty about it. Rolleyes

Again until consoles come with 4 Titans in them (or the AMD equivalents) there is NO company in the next 10 years that is going to be producing a game with that much visual fidelity. And hell even with certain companies like Ubisoft, Rockstar, CD Project, Bethesda, pushing out high end settings for their games, we are never going to have another Quake/Far Cry/Rage game moment (with exception to maybe Star Citizen) where we need to upgrade our hard. That's 4400 bucks to run a tech demo.

As someone else mentioned, remember the Nvidia Fairy Demo? That was shown in 2002, and we STILL haven't hit that point in gaming.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
2. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 09:10 The Half Elf

Sure let me pony up for 4 Titan X's.

But what I don't get, is that with the consoles being AMD (XbOne PS4) why you would use a Final Fantasy game (that has never been a major graphics whore) to showcase DX 12.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2015, 09:22.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 07:44 The Half Elf

Talisorn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 22:21:
Still no support for steering wheels or joysticks?

See my Signature. Same thing applies for GTA games.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 07:41 The Half Elf

necrosis wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 18:28:
I wonder if this fixes the crash when shooting out of cars bug.

I found 2 things to fix this (previous to this patch). 1) Make sure you have the Launch Page enabled (so when the game loads you have the menu to choose single player, multiplayer, random job, settings), and 2) delete cfg.dat and pc_settings files in C:\Users\User name\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\Numbere\

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:02 The Half Elf

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:26:
Off topic, but hey.

The Protein World "Beach Body Ready" ad has been banned.

Just remember: SJWs don't want to BAN anything. They're just criticizing.

It's only when their criticism doesn't yield the results that they want that they start banning things.

Why the fuck would you post that in the Consolidation thread?

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
30. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 16:00 The Half Elf

What if we took the sailing from Black Flag with the hacking of Watch Dogs, and threw it together in a Shadow Run/Cyberpunk/Steampunk setting?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 10:02 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:14:
Hope they fix the cars this time.

I think cars (handling was fine) but the weight of vehicles was really weird. Now motorcycles... were another issues.

It really wasn't a bad game, but beyond the hacking, there really wasn't anything that made it stand out (or the city).

Could really shine with co-op.

News Comments > More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam
2. Re: More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam Apr 28, 2015, 20:49 The Half Elf

I still don't think those are the updated graphics version that was re-released just the game and the DLC in one package.

But man did I put so many hours into flying the Otana.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Broken Age
7. Re: Ship Ahoy - Broken Age Apr 28, 2015, 19:36 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 17:55:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 17:50:
Carmex? Defintely not Googling that.

Yeah, this announcement is over the top. I wonder if Tim would squirm if he read it.

Also, voice acting could be better.

I've not seen it lately, but last I checked, Carmex is lip balm.

As someone who's lips never acclimated well from California to Midwest seasons, Carmex™ is da shit!*

*Carmex™ is not responsible for brown noses or hair stuck in teeth.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Broken Age
4. Re: Ship Ahoy - Broken Age Apr 28, 2015, 15:10 The Half Elf

I use to be a single guy with no future. But then I found Carmex™. Carmex™ has helped me kiss ass and suck cock with the best of them! Now I'm on my way to the future I deserve, and best of all, NO CHAFFING!

Thank you Carmex™!

*Carmex™ is not responsible for sore knees, back problems, or stiff necks. Carmex™ is not approved for being fucked over, and may cause anal swelling.

Now available in Cherry!

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Patched
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Patched Apr 28, 2015, 15:03 The Half Elf

I reinstalled 2142 the other day and couldn't fix the punkbuster issues I was having. But with luck the next game after Star Wars will be 2143  

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
15. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 27, 2015, 21:57 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 21:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 21:18:
Bad because the next game Beth makes will support the paid mod workshop (Fallout 4).

But I will give them credit that they did act quickly, but they should have NEVER done this to "an established, years old modding community".

But it will be coming.

But at least if it's supported from the start, you have the choice whether to stick with free mods, or use paid mods. There's no scenario where one mod which is so ultra-pervasive that everything else depends on it, suddenly goes paid only and fucks up your entire mod list.

There will always be free mods if you choose not to pay for them.

In any case, I'm glad Valve did the right thing. What happened these past few days was horseshit.

I totally agree, that if this was from day 1 it would be great. Problem is that Beth tends to do stupid shit first that haunts them for a few games, which they named (Horse Armor), and because they did this stupid shit AGAIN there will be some blow back the next time they mention paid mods.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
8. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 27, 2015, 21:18 The Half Elf

Here's what's good and bad about this.

Good because Skyrim mods are still free.
Bad because the next game Beth makes will support the paid mod workshop (Fallout 4).

But I will give them credit that they did act quickly, but they should have NEVER done this to "an established, years old modding community".

But it will be coming.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 11:16 The Half Elf

Congrats Mr and Mrs Blue!

You know next year is Platinum right? So you may want to hop on that donate button Blue

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Apr 27, 2015, 11:02 The Half Elf

LurkerLito wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 09:42:
It's looking good, I really want this one. I just hope that the characters shown are actually playable and not paid DLC/Season Pass BS. I mean IIRC Harley Quinn is a preorder DLC, so I can't shake the feeling that every character shown in the trailer is DLC.

Exactly. Would love to co-op this as Batman and Robin/Nightwing/Catwomen.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 26, 2015, 15:05 The Half Elf

I'm still not sure about this.
On one hand I'd love modders to make some money off of this, but I also hope this blows up in Beth's face. Without the modding community the game would never had sold as many copies as it did.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 10:03 The Half Elf

Again asshole you have no fucking clue.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 03:36 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 22:39:
So, uh, is Bats gone for good? Haven't heard from him in 2 weeks.

He's out of town.

But he's not thrilled with some of the discussion's on Blues about his profession and how one sided it is, with all the hatred towards police officers. And considering what he has endured during his career and lately I can't blame him.

I wish some of the folks here knew what happened, and would understand what law enforcement officers have to deal with. The job and potential danger does NOT end at the end of their shifts. It doesn't end when they take off the badge and uniform, and it doesn't end when they go home at the end of their day. It doesn't end when they go to the grocery store, it doesn't end when they go and pick up their kids from day care/school. It doesn't end if you're alone, it doesn't end in a group of 100 friends, it doesn't end if you have your wife and child by your side.

And as much as I despise some people on Blue's for what has been said, I would NEVER wish what Batz went through/is going through on ANY of you.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 24, 2015, 22:44 The Half Elf

Wow Hardline is nearing a flatline to be on sale that quick.  

9295 Comments. 465 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo