Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 16:15 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 11:16:
Really? I think the Marvel films are pretty awful. DC is doing a much better job IMO.

Green Lantern was cringe worthy, Superman Returns was just... not bad, but not good either, but beyond Burton's Batman and the last Dark Knight series and Man of Steel, DC hasn't had a great run (with exception of Watchmen).

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
8. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 16:04 The Half Elf

Where's the paid shill that was lurking around the forums?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: STOP. DON'T OPEN. THAT DOOR. Oct 13, 2014, 19:52 The Half Elf

Conan, Kevin Smith, and the guy who plays Arrow on CW also in Batman 3... lol  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 13, 2014, 19:47 The Half Elf

Ubisoft if offering free beer so you'll forget how crappy the controls are!  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 19:46 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:56:
Green Man Gaming - 25% off, makes the game $45 USD.

RK46I-J838Q-TKRMT

I fell for it....

/Preloaded, will post first impressions as soon as it opens.

Bats, love ya dearly, but tsk tsk sir.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2014, 21:54 The Half Elf

Considering previous generations worked much harder then the generation that follows.... Back when I was a kid you might have heard about 1 or 2 cases of kids being allergic to peanut butter, but these days kids are allergic to all sorts of shit beaucse their parents eat all sorts of shit and pop pills for everything under the sun.
Think of it this way... Mother does drugs while pregnant and the children are typically born with health issues due to absorbing them from the mother. Now take a mother who is eating tiny amounts of whatever that is put in foods/drinks these days over the period of years. The eftcs aren't as noticble like with the drug baby but are more pronounced through out the child's life if that makes sense.
There is so much crap put into foods these days and the chemicals used to grow food that we have no clue what all the long term effects are.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2014, 17:37 The Half Elf

so.... many... legos.....

*drools*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 17:29 The Half Elf

If you change the texture settings you need to restart the game.

Creston, if you want the fight of your life, go start a fight in a stronghold. Endless baddies spawning right out of line of sight for hours on end.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 17:42 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 15:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 14:47:
So picked up Elite Dangerous yesterday and could use tips. Generally I'd look through the forums (EC) but dear lord it's a bit of a mess.

Tip #1, you'll need a decent joystick and throttle, I think a lot of people go for the Saitek Pro Flight X-55 but I have a CH Products HOTAS setup myself.

Tip #2, seriously think about getting some form of head tracking setup for the game, TrackIR is on the expensive side but there are lots of cheaper alternatives. I would have second guessed this as not needed until I played the game with it. It adds so much to the experience it's worth getting.

Some people are getting use out of voice input but if you have a HOTAS setup it's probably more optional or just 'cool' to be able to say "Engage" and have your ship enter hyperspace.

If you need a leg up on trading and finding the best routes then get this tool. http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30341

I have a good old Logitech Wingman 3D Extreme that has served me well since the old Mechwarrior days, cause no way in hell I'm putting out that much money on a stick. and TrackIR, also out of the picture.
But I was referring to game wise, as I've been doing pretty well with just a mouse and keyboard (docking takes me back to Decent/Star Trek Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy days) and got through the tutorials pretty easy.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 14:47 The Half Elf

So picked up Elite Dangerous yesterday and could use tips. Generally I'd look through the forums (EC) but dear lord it's a bit of a mess.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2014, 12:14 The Half Elf

Ok so I took the plunge and bought Elite Dangerous, and is there any way to tell if the servers are up?  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailer Oct 11, 2014, 10:13 The Half Elf

Beyond different vehicles, and weather, nothing looks 'better' gameplay wise.
I still want the ability to set a fire and watch it keep going until there is nothing left to fuel it.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 15:23 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 15:02:
Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 13:38:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:34:
Awww, hop on by sometimes?

Haven't seen Bhruic in awhile either, he was a cool guy.

I still miss Zathrus. And POO-ASS. POO-ASS was the best.

Also where is Enahs?

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 15:10 The Half Elf

mag wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 12:53:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:35:
Blue wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:58:
Reach is correct, but furthest is not.

Lost, I feel.
My faith, shattered.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Darmok and Jilad on the ocean

Now keep your fucking Star Trek Jelly out of my Star Wars Peanut Butter!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 15:07 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:35:
Blue wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:58:
Reach is correct, but furthest is not.

Lost, I feel.
My faith, shattered.

And that is why you failed...

News Comments > More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
1. Re: More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 9, 2014, 18:44 The Half Elf

So what we did is take the 4 classes we planned for Borderlands 2, held them back, cut and pasted all the buildings on new maps, oh yeah, see this setting for gravity... we changed that too!  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 16:30 The Half Elf

Congrats Blue, to 18 years of dedication, and simplicity.

As for a site upgrade... whatever makes you happy Blue makes me happy. It's not like you've steered us wrong in the last 18 years

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 8, 2014, 23:23 The Half Elf

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:44:
Once again AMD does right to the community and consumers and yet you'll buy a NVIDIA.

Because maybe I like drivers that work, and I have no intention of bitmining on my GPU?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2014, 22:36 The Half Elf

Still no multiplayer?  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2014, 23:26 The Half Elf

Fun game, but once I get them into Orbit I can't seem to get them to the moon. My frustration and ADD kicks in and I typically just send them off to deep space (not by choice).  

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo