Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8943 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 14, 2014, 21:31 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:22:
Lol, why so critical, Half Elf? It all appears to be in game footage at least.

This game will definitely be worth the $9.99 or less that I'll spend on it during a Steam sale.

True, but if publisher's would take their marketing money and put it into the game, a great game will sell itself.
But I thought Far Cry 2 and 3 were very shallow games. 3 had some great cutscene's but overall it was rather boring.
Example: In Assassin's Creed you have to go to Vantage points to see what all is going on around you. Far Cry 3 you climb a radio tower and turn it off and in Watch Dogs you hack CTOS nodes.
If you got rid of all the collectible worthless shit that is repeated in every Ubisoft game since Assassin's Creed your left with a very empty, very short game.

Bait and Switch as listed
here

Not as bad as Aliens CM but as much as I wanted to be a fanboi of Watch Dogs and the Assassin's Creed series, I'm to the point of carefully watching the games they show, vs what they ship.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
16. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 20:54 The Half Elf

Let me ask ya this...

Name one regular on this site that has ever gone shit craving mad over a game and pushed it like he did with Evil Within?
Creston and Ray have gotten close with X3, but never to that degree. And yeah he did talk briefly about other topics, but out of his 45 posts as a whole, doesn't something sorta stick out when you look at his Evil Within related posts to everything else he posted?

At least I'd like to see him post about how shit poor the game is

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 14, 2014, 20:46 The Half Elf

siapnar wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:16:
That is one hell of a well done trailer.

That douchey-voiced pre-order announcer at the end almost ruins every trailer, though.

Horrible trailer.
Bad water reflections that don't even reflect anything other than the landscape and even then it's pretty meh.
Bad shadows off the villagers especially on the left.
The close up of the face is impressive texture wise, but he looks like a coke or meth'd up ex drag queen or club boi. Oh yeah, his eyelashes are sticking through his brow, and why have all that individual hair modeled (on top of his head) with all the wind blowing in the background except his hair doesn't move.
Physics explosion is pretty bleh. Come on now, all that explosive and all that wood means SHITLOADS OF SHRAPNEL!
Smoke in the distance is little texture circles.
More crazy reflection issues with the white tiger.
More crappy smoke behind the elephant.
Even more crappy smoke in front of the elephant, but hey look at the elephant, rhino and our helicopter!
Beautiful girl, especially the eyes but plastic/oil skin.
REALLY nice looking wolf and monkey candle holder.
Guy shot with a silenced gun, yet flies back 10 feet.
Another women after the area looking area, looks great, except for plastic skin.
Avalanche looks great until you start looking at the textures are used.

Sorry after the bullshit Ubisoft showed at E3 and never showed up in Far Cry 3 I'm not touching this. Not to mention that Ubisoft is becoming the king of empty repetitive Sandbox games. Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Series.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
3. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 14, 2014, 20:28 The Half Elf

Dagnamit wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:13:
These two are forgiven for hellgate. I'll buy anything they make.

Tries to get the Firefly/Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with the music (keyword tries), and the ship only moves on a 2D plane.... pass.

13. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 20:20 The Half Elf

MajorD wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 17:25:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 16:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 16:04:
Where's the paid shill that was lurking around the forums?

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 14:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:04:
I wonder where the paid shill is to hyper-promote this game?

You should really give that stuff a break man, its getting weird.

Well, maybe 'The Half Elf' never got an answer.....

Again Wetworks24 was apeshit about the game until the Spec's were announced and went silent about the game. Does it really surprise anyone that publisher's are doing this sorta shit? Guerilla Marketing, Viral Marketing, No press release copies unless you do exactly as the publisher wants (Shadow of Mordor anyone?).
Sorry but I'm a bit protective of my happy little corner of the gaming universe that is this website.

And no I never did get an answer!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 16:15 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 11:16:
Really? I think the Marvel films are pretty awful. DC is doing a much better job IMO.

Green Lantern was cringe worthy, Superman Returns was just... not bad, but not good either, but beyond Burton's Batman and the last Dark Knight series and Man of Steel, DC hasn't had a great run (with exception of Watchmen).

8. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 16:04 The Half Elf

Where's the paid shill that was lurking around the forums?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: STOP. DON'T OPEN. THAT DOOR. Oct 13, 2014, 19:52 The Half Elf

Conan, Kevin Smith, and the guy who plays Arrow on CW also in Batman 3... lol  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 13, 2014, 19:47 The Half Elf

Ubisoft if offering free beer so you'll forget how crappy the controls are!  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 19:46 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:56:
Green Man Gaming - 25% off, makes the game $45 USD.

RK46I-J838Q-TKRMT

I fell for it....

/Preloaded, will post first impressions as soon as it opens.

Bats, love ya dearly, but tsk tsk sir.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2014, 21:54 The Half Elf

Considering previous generations worked much harder then the generation that follows.... Back when I was a kid you might have heard about 1 or 2 cases of kids being allergic to peanut butter, but these days kids are allergic to all sorts of shit beaucse their parents eat all sorts of shit and pop pills for everything under the sun.
Think of it this way... Mother does drugs while pregnant and the children are typically born with health issues due to absorbing them from the mother. Now take a mother who is eating tiny amounts of whatever that is put in foods/drinks these days over the period of years. The eftcs aren't as noticble like with the drug baby but are more pronounced through out the child's life if that makes sense.
There is so much crap put into foods these days and the chemicals used to grow food that we have no clue what all the long term effects are.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2014, 17:37 The Half Elf

so.... many... legos.....

*drools*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 17:29 The Half Elf

If you change the texture settings you need to restart the game.

Creston, if you want the fight of your life, go start a fight in a stronghold. Endless baddies spawning right out of line of sight for hours on end.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 17:42 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 15:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 14:47:
So picked up Elite Dangerous yesterday and could use tips. Generally I'd look through the forums (EC) but dear lord it's a bit of a mess.

Tip #1, you'll need a decent joystick and throttle, I think a lot of people go for the Saitek Pro Flight X-55 but I have a CH Products HOTAS setup myself.

Tip #2, seriously think about getting some form of head tracking setup for the game, TrackIR is on the expensive side but there are lots of cheaper alternatives. I would have second guessed this as not needed until I played the game with it. It adds so much to the experience it's worth getting.

Some people are getting use out of voice input but if you have a HOTAS setup it's probably more optional or just 'cool' to be able to say "Engage" and have your ship enter hyperspace.

If you need a leg up on trading and finding the best routes then get this tool. http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30341

I have a good old Logitech Wingman 3D Extreme that has served me well since the old Mechwarrior days, cause no way in hell I'm putting out that much money on a stick. and TrackIR, also out of the picture.
But I was referring to game wise, as I've been doing pretty well with just a mouse and keyboard (docking takes me back to Decent/Star Trek Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy days) and got through the tutorials pretty easy.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 14:47 The Half Elf

So picked up Elite Dangerous yesterday and could use tips. Generally I'd look through the forums (EC) but dear lord it's a bit of a mess.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2014, 12:14 The Half Elf

Ok so I took the plunge and bought Elite Dangerous, and is there any way to tell if the servers are up?  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailer Oct 11, 2014, 10:13 The Half Elf

Beyond different vehicles, and weather, nothing looks 'better' gameplay wise.
I still want the ability to set a fire and watch it keep going until there is nothing left to fuel it.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 15:23 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 15:02:
Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 13:38:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:34:
Awww, hop on by sometimes?

Haven't seen Bhruic in awhile either, he was a cool guy.

I still miss Zathrus. And POO-ASS. POO-ASS was the best.

Also where is Enahs?

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 15:10 The Half Elf

mag wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 12:53:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:35:
Blue wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:58:
Reach is correct, but furthest is not.

Lost, I feel.
My faith, shattered.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Darmok and Jilad on the ocean

Now keep your fucking Star Trek Jelly out of my Star Wars Peanut Butter!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 15:07 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 11:35:
Blue wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:58:
Reach is correct, but furthest is not.

Lost, I feel.
My faith, shattered.

And that is why you failed...

8943 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo