Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description "I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. Wonderful, have you tried it?" -Walter Bishop
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 8958 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2014, 23:59 The Half Elf

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 20:09:
Just beat The Evil Within on survival, that's my goty so far. With the widescreen fix the game looks fantastic, so many varied environments and strong art design throughout the entire game.

I've almost beaten Shadow of Mordor, had fun with it but it's fading fast for me. To a certain extent it feels like junk food gaming, fun in the moment but doesn't leave a lasting impression. I think part of that is due to how easy the combat is, this video shows what I mean.

Shadow of Mordor Combat

Also, after beating the Evil Within I have a strong desire to replay it sort of like I did with Dead Space 2. Beating the game unlocks 2 higher difficulties, new weapons and new game+. The collectibles also unlock new weapons for future playthroughs which is something meaningful unlike the majority of other game collectibles.

I only have a few hours into Alien Isolation, I'm enjoying it but it's a high tension game with limited gameplay mechanics. Fun if you like games like Outlast but for 20 hrs. I'm planning on beating the game by Halloween.

Welcome back. I missed you. The Evil Within, with excessive letterboxing, sloppy textures and lack of video options, and banking on the creators name. Horrible camera issues, sloppy console port and even on the consoles the controls have issues.
Makes Dark Soul's port look brilliant, and how exactly do you call a game 'survival horror' with grenades?

GOTY with a Metacritic of 70? Wow..

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
5. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 15:36 The Half Elf

She's a fucking hypocrite. She only see's what she wants to see, just like bible thumpers. Pick and choose and present her narrow view without for a second possibly coming up with any other rational.

Feminist nut job.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
25. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 19, 2014, 04:05 The Half Elf

Starting a new character and just doing the story missions you can out-level them rather quickly. And I will still stand firm that Star Trek Online and Champions Online are some of the easiest MMO/F2P out there to level up in, especially if you're in a fleet. And if you're tired of story missions there are plenty of other things to do in the game.  

21. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 22:56 The Half Elf

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 22:12:
When I found out you had to steer your ship to shoot at things, I dropped this POS like a hot potato.

A very bad attempt at trying to capture the magic of Star Trek.

I almost gagged when I saw this comment " spacecombat is some of the best I've seen" Seriously? When and in what universe did any Star Trek captain have to steer his ship to aim it? Enough said, it is most definite no implementation of any Star Trek I have ever seen!

Firing Arcs, you know that thing that's been on EVERY single Trek game with Starship combat going back as far as TNG A Final Unity, and continued with Starfleet Command series, Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy, Armada 1 and 2, Dominion Wars, Bridge Commander and Star Trek Online.

But hell that's only 20 years of Trek games, wtf do I know

14. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 18:01 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 17:00:
Thanks for all the replies!

Prez if you check out Star Trek Online, let me know via steam and I'll send you a invite to a Fleet I co-founded. We are Lifers and have a really good solid (yet smaller fleet) with maxxed out guild starbase and very knowledgeable people who will happy help ya with anything you need.

12. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 16:27 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 10:31:
Never tried this. How is it? Is it grindy? P2W? Can I solo?

Not grindy at all, in fact it's one of the easiest MMO's out there to reach max level (11 Admirals right now myself).

One of the few F2P MMO's out there that is pretty good about allowing you to play freely and still be competitive.

Space combat isn't quite the awesome tactical-ness of the Starfleet/Klingon Academy-Bridge Commander level but does a fair job at representing the TNG DS9 VOY ENT series.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Amazon... Oct 18, 2014, 01:14 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 19:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 18:15:
Hey Blue, I bought a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick from Amazon yesterday and would like to know if I did it properly to support the site. I have a few other purchases I need to make from Amazon as well and just want to make sure ya get the credit.

Thanks.

Hey is that the one I recommended for you for E:D last week?

Yeah, figured the price was decent and can give it a shot, only thing is I don't know if the stick twist's or not.

15. Re: Amazon... Oct 17, 2014, 18:25 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 18:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 18:15:
Hey Blue, I bought a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick from Amazon yesterday and would like to know if I did it properly to support the site. I have a few other purchases I need to make from Amazon as well and just want to make sure ya get the credit.

Thanks.

I bought $8 underwear the other day, Blue!

edit: Oh, and a card reader. And Snowpiercer, for next Tues.

Pictures or it didn't happen!
Well I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right
Least I can do for all the years of Blue's-ness.

13. Amazon... Oct 17, 2014, 18:15 The Half Elf

Thanks.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2014, 20:00 The Half Elf

BUT...
WICKET...
IS..
JUST..
SO...
CUTE...
AND...
CUDDLY!!!! I NEEDZ IT!

Sides it beats Jar Jar by miles.

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
2. Re: Dreadnaught Trailer Oct 16, 2014, 19:57 The Half Elf

Dear lord... maybe a game to finally quell my Star Trek Bridge Commander thirst!  

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
12. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 16:00 The Half Elf

So where is all the money coming from for all these conventions?  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2014, 22:20 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:26:
We can't block commercial flights from these west african countries because then it would be difficult to track them?

What?

I've also heard the B.S. excuse that we need to be able to send supplies and people to help the areas affected, I thought that was what the military was doing with their humanitarian mission.

Sorry, it really sounds like they want this to spread far and wide as possible.

Statistically speaking you're more likely to die from slipping on a wet floor but lets also talk about how the government is complacent in spreading around the country these illegal's that stormed the border recently, many of whom had serious transmittable diseases.

Think of it this way... theme parks have a 'main point of entry' for customers typically a front gate. Customers buy a ticket, ticket is scanned as people come in. You then close that front gate but customers still want to get in and will do so any way they can. That means every single other way (maintenance entrances, employee entrances, emergency exits, holes in a fence, people climbing over the fence etc) now has to be taken into account and now that tickets aren't needed to get in you can not get a accurate customer count in the park.
So instead of having all your ebola customers coming in the front gate where they can limit exposure, they are coming in from every point possible and causing a lot more possible exposure points. And every exposure point is another potential outbreak.

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
1. Re: The Crew Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 21:54 The Half Elf

Which don't mean crap if the fundamental driving mechanics suck as badly as they did in the beta.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
20. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 21:40 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:54:
Let me ask ya this...

Name one regular on this site that has ever gone shit craving mad over a game and pushed it like he did with Evil Within?
Creston and Ray have gotten close with X3, but never to that degree. And yeah he did talk briefly about other topics, but out of his 45 posts as a whole, doesn't something sorta stick out when you look at his Evil Within related posts to everything else he posted?

At least I'd like to see him post about how shit poor the game is

I seem to remember Tumbler going batshit years ago over Battlefield back in the day, but I'm admit I'm not wading through 300 pages of his comments to find the exact quote (something about lock and load, and he spammed it across multiple threads).

edit: And you KNOW how much I scream about GTA.

edit again: Also Creston is a bioware whore! A WHORE, I SAY!!!!!!!

So your saying Creston is payed by Bioware for sex? I KNEW IT HE'S A SHILL!

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 14, 2014, 21:31 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:22:
Lol, why so critical, Half Elf? It all appears to be in game footage at least.

This game will definitely be worth the $9.99 or less that I'll spend on it during a Steam sale.

True, but if publisher's would take their marketing money and put it into the game, a great game will sell itself.
But I thought Far Cry 2 and 3 were very shallow games. 3 had some great cutscene's but overall it was rather boring.
Example: In Assassin's Creed you have to go to Vantage points to see what all is going on around you. Far Cry 3 you climb a radio tower and turn it off and in Watch Dogs you hack CTOS nodes.
If you got rid of all the collectible worthless shit that is repeated in every Ubisoft game since Assassin's Creed your left with a very empty, very short game.

Bait and Switch as listed
here

Not as bad as Aliens CM but as much as I wanted to be a fanboi of Watch Dogs and the Assassin's Creed series, I'm to the point of carefully watching the games they show, vs what they ship.

16. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 20:54 The Half Elf

Let me ask ya this...

Name one regular on this site that has ever gone shit craving mad over a game and pushed it like he did with Evil Within?
Creston and Ray have gotten close with X3, but never to that degree. And yeah he did talk briefly about other topics, but out of his 45 posts as a whole, doesn't something sorta stick out when you look at his Evil Within related posts to everything else he posted?

At least I'd like to see him post about how shit poor the game is

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 14, 2014, 20:46 The Half Elf

siapnar wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:16:
That is one hell of a well done trailer.

That douchey-voiced pre-order announcer at the end almost ruins every trailer, though.

Horrible trailer.
Bad water reflections that don't even reflect anything other than the landscape and even then it's pretty meh.
Bad shadows off the villagers especially on the left.
The close up of the face is impressive texture wise, but he looks like a coke or meth'd up ex drag queen or club boi. Oh yeah, his eyelashes are sticking through his brow, and why have all that individual hair modeled (on top of his head) with all the wind blowing in the background except his hair doesn't move.
Physics explosion is pretty bleh. Come on now, all that explosive and all that wood means SHITLOADS OF SHRAPNEL!
Smoke in the distance is little texture circles.
More crazy reflection issues with the white tiger.
More crappy smoke behind the elephant.
Even more crappy smoke in front of the elephant, but hey look at the elephant, rhino and our helicopter!
Beautiful girl, especially the eyes but plastic/oil skin.
REALLY nice looking wolf and monkey candle holder.
Guy shot with a silenced gun, yet flies back 10 feet.
Another women after the area looking area, looks great, except for plastic skin.
Avalanche looks great until you start looking at the textures are used.

Sorry after the bullshit Ubisoft showed at E3 and never showed up in Far Cry 3 I'm not touching this. Not to mention that Ubisoft is becoming the king of empty repetitive Sandbox games. Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Series.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
3. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 14, 2014, 20:28 The Half Elf

Dagnamit wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:13:
These two are forgiven for hellgate. I'll buy anything they make.

Tries to get the Firefly/Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with the music (keyword tries), and the ship only moves on a 2D plane.... pass.

13. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 20:20 The Half Elf

MajorD wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 17:25:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 16:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 16:04:
Where's the paid shill that was lurking around the forums?

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 14:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:04:
I wonder where the paid shill is to hyper-promote this game?

You should really give that stuff a break man, its getting weird.

Well, maybe 'The Half Elf' never got an answer.....

Again Wetworks24 was apeshit about the game until the Spec's were announced and went silent about the game. Does it really surprise anyone that publisher's are doing this sorta shit? Guerilla Marketing, Viral Marketing, No press release copies unless you do exactly as the publisher wants (Shadow of Mordor anyone?).
Sorry but I'm a bit protective of my happy little corner of the gaming universe that is this website.

And no I never did get an answer!

8958 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo