Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9188 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
3. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 25, 2015, 11:29 The Half Elf

If they can produce a game,and this ship as shown in the 1st video released for Star Citizen/Squadron 42, AND not take a fucking mega computer sent from the future to run it... then awesome.

But until then everything released is a bullshot.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2015, 01:49 The Half Elf

Task wrote on May 25, 2015, 00:35:
Holy smokes, take my money hoverboard guy and make me one of those!

I heard he's setting up shop in Hill Valley.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2015, 18:59 The Half Elf

I have to disagree. W3's lighting engine is better then GTA 5's.

For Proof and if you want more proof wait till you use the Magic Lamp for the 1st time and compare it to the Humane Labs Ground team.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 22, 2015, 18:55 The Half Elf

*hugs Cutter*

It'll be ok, you'll actually enjoy it, and be happy, and we can save money on the tranquilizer gun we were getting for you.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2015, 17:51 The Half Elf

Because all the decorators I know are piffy queens that will still bitch, moan and complain, even with a day off.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
22. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 15:12 The Half Elf

or simply lock on a target and um... strafe...  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
6. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 21, 2015, 14:43 The Half Elf

Yeah but how does it run on a non-SLI system? Last I heard a few weeks ago, it wasn't looking too good. Did they get multiplayer in yet?  

News Comments > Overwatch McCree Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch McCree Trailer May 20, 2015, 19:10 The Half Elf

Brink meets TF2?  

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
27. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 13:54 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:49:
Deathman29 wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:55:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:16:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:18:
But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.

Funny enough it was the opposite reason that I jumped from nvidia to amd back around when the 290 drivers were released. Because while their hardware was great, all their drivers did for nearly a year was crash, crash, crash, TDR, TDR, TDR all the while they tried blaming users for it. Until it came to light that it was their drivers causing the problems, because their cards ran so hot they dropped the voltage down to keep the gpu cooler. That caused serious instability, and then they fixed it for about 3 releases and all of a sudden the problem was back again.

Each to their own.
AMD I haven't had to many issues over the years. Maybe a hickup here and there. nVidia was a constant battle with drivers for me back in the day but I haven't been back to them in years because of it. Think it was 4400's and 6800's for me.

One day I might try nVidia out again but to this day AMD and its drivers have done me well over the years on all my cards. I even have the R290 which was notorious for issues.

Yes, you are talking ancient drivers. But ever since Nvidia bought out 3DFX and brought in their people. The 3DFX team fixed their drivers to what they are today.

I have no issues with the Nvidia drivers. they are really stable and always worked for me.

I went from a Voodoo 3, to a 4400ti, to a 9800GT to a 560ti to a GTX 970. Beyond Mantle, what can ATI/AMD offer me?

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
4. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 09:18 The Half Elf

But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2015, 00:56 The Half Elf

#It was unlocked an hour early (6pmEST) and so far I like it (that's also with less then 1 hour into Witcher 1 and 2).

Using a gamepad, but either gamepad or keyboard tends to be way too sensitive with character movements.

Impressive:
While on a horse you can sorta 'auto-drive' on pathways, as in as long as you hold the run button, the horse will follow the path automatically.
Weather is pretty impressive from a wind perspective. Granted the rain didn't quite match up to it, but the tree's bending over like being in a hurricane was quite impressive (Hell I've been in 10 or so).

Not Impressive:
I have no grasp or idea what all is required for the crafting or potion making, or upgrading system.
Character movements can be crazy, and uber sensitive.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 15:49 The Half Elf

So long King, thank you for all the fun!

So since it's a Blue day, maybe we can Blue to tell us how he ended up with the name Blue.
TELL US A STORY EL Presidente!

News Comments > WoW Bot Bans
8. Re: Re: WoW Bot Bans May 15, 2015, 00:01 The Half Elf

Kajetan wrote on May 14, 2015, 12:02:
El Pit wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:13:
I heard the Obama government wanted to follow your idea, but Peter Molyneux asked the PotUS personally to not do it.
Peter DOES NOT LIE. He only tells the truth. Every day another one. Which is true. For that day.

YOU ARE SIMPLY TOO SMALL MINDED TO 'GET' PETER!
You take feature creep and reverse it.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2015, 23:59 The Half Elf

Not on the CW so no cool Arrow/Flash crossovers.
WAY too much comedy and could use a more of a dark humor tone instead.
Horrible FX.
Tons more of crap that was done right with shows like Heroes, No Ordinary Family, Arrow and Flash.

And will have no contact with Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Announced
6. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Announced May 12, 2015, 06:56 The Half Elf

You have a survival game, with some sorta alien tech in your forearm and the citadel in the distance, and ya see spears, axes, etc along with dinosaurs and then an old western pistol and ww2? rifle?  

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
7. Re: GOG.com Additions May 11, 2015, 23:56 The Half Elf

It was a really shitty port that Red Faction Arma also experienced but they patched it. It seems that Saints Row 2 is set to run on the processor speed of the original Xbox Here's the Steam info  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Announced
4. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Announced May 11, 2015, 22:12 The Half Elf

It was really cool until the pistol then rifle then dragon showed up.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. May 11, 2015, 21:26 The Half Elf

But how many people know the Leeroy Jenkins thing was staged?  

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
3. Re: GOG.com Additions May 11, 2015, 21:21 The Half Elf

I would love to play Saints Row 2, but if you have a x64 processor the game plays at super speed and I never could get the 3rd part slow down program to work properly.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 21:46 The Half Elf

*gets popcorn this time*  

9188 Comments. 460 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo