Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 9284 (Guru)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 1, 2015, 03:00 The Half Elf

It has some issues.

Performance wise, it's solid as I'm pushing roughly 70-90 fps everything on max except Sync and AA is off.

There are some missing higher end textures for minor detail items.
You can only jump and climb on things that are yellow, otherwise it has one of the gayest jumps I've ever seen in a game.
Using a controller, the 360 controller button setup is rather strange, especially when you look at Assassin's Creed, Batman, Shadows of Mordor, GTA 5.
Oh and have fun holding down buttons. Hold down button to get in the car, hold down button to pick stuff up, hold down button to talk to someone, hold down button to climb, and it's fucking annoying as hell.

Game has a vantage point scheme similar to Assassin's Creed, but more like Dragon Age Inq.'s find things of interest.

Not a bad game for 18 bucks, but just so far it's nothing great, good/decent, but not great.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 20:27 The Half Elf

How about we call it Gone to the Dogs Day in appreciation of all our 4 legged kids of the canine family?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
3. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 13:36 The Half Elf

Ok that was.... wow.

Question time, you can go from RTS to RPG to Action at ANY time? Cause the Aircraft to Sub part made my nipples tingle (in a good way).

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 12:48 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:20:
Army searching for missile that fell from Apache helicopter in Upstate NY.

If I find that thing, no way I'm giving it back. I'm hanging it in the garage!

Screw that, Entry Way Wall Display!

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Aug 31, 2015, 12:35 The Half Elf

Sir I have enough shit of my own to deal with let alone your shit.

BTW how does one 'install' shit?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 31, 2015, 11:45 The Half Elf

Any more so then a space marine going to hell, with all his weapons and ammo in a backpack?  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
19. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 13:07 The Half Elf

Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

So what you are saying is they have horrible netcode and had to jury rig a way to sync the game?
Reminds me of 'Lag shooting' in Mechwarrior 3. You had to double lead your target to compensate for shitty net code.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
8. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 29, 2015, 18:41 The Half Elf

deqer wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 12:17:
Please take your Seasonal system and kindly shove it.

If you'd kindly bend over we will.

Now would you like Crisco or Butter Flavored Crisco for lube?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 29, 2015, 10:23 The Half Elf

Well considering Hasbo will flood the market with Star Wars toys with the movie so badly that no one will buy them.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
9. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 21:01 The Half Elf

PHJF wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:02:
NNNNNNNNNNNIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO NO NO NO NO

TAKE IT BACK!

News Comments > Gigantic Beta Signups
2. Re: Gigantic Beta Signups Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 The Half Elf

I have to say I really like the art style. Very Zelda Wind Waker.  

News Comments > The Crew Wild Run Details
1. Re: The Crew Wild Run Details Aug 27, 2015, 19:04 The Half Elf

Not a bad idea just really fucking bland.  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
12. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 26, 2015, 21:09 The Half Elf

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 15:54:
Likely fallout from the extremely botched PC release of Batman....

Um, are you clueless? Typically the AC series has been AFTER the console versions, but have always included better graphics that take use of high end PC hardware.

If anything it would have to due with how badly Unity was performing (on all systems) before it was patched to death (and is still one of the sexiest looking games on the PC).

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 12:02 The Half Elf

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:43:
So I wake up this morning and click on my news based homepage and see a headline indicating that a reporter and cameraman were shot and killed on live TV, in Virginia I believe, while doing an interview.

While I am reading the text I start to hear a woman talking. "Oh, there is an ad or something on the page.." I think to myself and scroll around to find it and add it to my blocker. Takes me less than a second to find the video and than I realize too slowly what it really is. Before my non-caffeinated brain can tell my mouse hand to close the window gunshots are going off, the cameraman hits the floor and the women are screaming. Due to my lack of caffeine and the poorly placed video I just woke up to two people getting killed right in front of me. Holy hell..those poor people and their families.

Fuck you Internet. Going to be a great day, I am sure.

HOLY FUCK!

News Comments > Funcom Announces The Park
5. Re: Funcom Announces The Park Aug 26, 2015, 10:27 The Half Elf

Welcome to Jurrassic The Park.

Didn't the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon start this way?

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Client Updated
3. Re: GOG Galaxy Client Updated Aug 26, 2015, 00:47 The Half Elf

It's shit.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2015, 20:16 The Half Elf

Han did eat the mic!  

News Comments > Mad Max Commercial
16. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 25, 2015, 00:56 The Half Elf

PLEASE DEAR GOD,

MAKE A INTERSTATE 76 GAME FROM THIS!

But until then I'll take a copy if anyone has a spare one?

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2015, 00:37 The Half Elf

WE DO NOT NAME THAT WHICH CAN NOT BE UNSEEN!  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
1. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 10:03 The Half Elf

Ohhhh this is better then a EVE screw over a Corp story!  

9284 Comments. 465 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo