Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for GandalfTheWhite

Real Name GandalfTheWhite   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GandalfTheWhite
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 9, 2002, 00:20
Total Comments 181 (Novice)
User ID 12633

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2003, 15:29 GandalfTheWhite

#2: Please consider we're not all like that and that over-developped egos is not a Quebec exclusive, so STFU!  
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: oldest American dies 114 Oct 6, 2003, 16:15 GandalfTheWhite

How long was The Hundred Years' War?

Hum 16? heh.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

38. Re: Shameless Self Promotion Sep 24, 2003, 00:18 GandalfTheWhite

In other news: Half-Life 2 Delayed Until Holiday Season.  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Worms 3D English Demo
12. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2003, 21:51 GandalfTheWhite

I run this file with what?  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Worms 3D English Demo
7. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2003, 20:37 GandalfTheWhite

I hear this demo is a leaked version of the real one coming out in October.  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > NVIDIA & Half-Life 2
82. Interesting Sep 11, 2003, 19:33 GandalfTheWhite

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=8449697

taken from a tech report article, summed up @ rage3d.com ... NVIDIA IS A FRAUD!

"As you can tell from looking at the list in the slide above, Newell was concerned particularly with some of the techniques NVIDIA has used in recent driver releases, although he didn't exempt other graphics hardware makers from his complaints. He said they had seen cases where fog was completely removed from a level in one of Valve's games, by the graphics driver software, in order to improve performance. I asked him to clarify which game, and he said it was Half-Life 2. Apparently, this activity has gone on while the game is still in development. He also mentioned that he's seen drivers detect screen capture attempts and output higher quality data than what's actually shown in-game."

I did read that right didn't I? Drivers detecting screen capture attemps to output higher quality data than is actually being rendered in game? "benchmark" or "reviewer" drivers anyone? That is flat-out fraud!

-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Half-Life 2 & DirectX 9
2. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2003, 12:16 GandalfTheWhite

I hope they announce Half-Life 2 is going gold soon... ME = GOING CRAZY!  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > French XIII Demo
20. Re: The game so far Jul 16, 2003, 02:18 GandalfTheWhite

Marduk the truck is not at the end of the demo but at the end of the first level (there are 2 of them). Also, I do speak french and the game's story reminds me of Jason Bourne's (especially the books). The guy is a super agent for the governement and has lost is memory, he is found near or on the ocean, all he has connecting him to his past is a key, he has a madman after him and his ennemies (and allies) thought he had been killed.  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > C&C Generals Zero Hour Announced
24. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2003, 22:40 GandalfTheWhite

As long as we get plenty more type-specific defense buildings and not only one "building that kills all" in each faction I'll be in heav... er... felling good.  
-Albert Einstein

23. Re: Going in threes Jul 1, 2003, 15:48 GandalfTheWhite

Ad-aware has no problem with my google toolbar and you can choose if you want to send information or not.  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Xbox 2 in 2006?
22. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 02:07 GandalfTheWhite

FRED!!!! WE LUV U!

As for x-box 2...MEH... still a long way to go before anything concrete can be expected.

-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Date & Subscriptions
121. Re: SWG Jun 18, 2003, 23:20 GandalfTheWhite

I am, shall we say, "an insider" when it comes to the beta test and all I have to say is: WAIT! Wait a few months before buying and only begin your trial period when the devs have released all of the BIG missing features. (i.e.: Vehicules amongst several others.) Running between towns for hours is just not Star Wars.  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Tech Bits
22. Re: Winamp3=bad Jun 16, 2003, 16:45 GandalfTheWhite

I, myself, use musicmatch plus. Good software with some good burning capabilities. It costs a lot I guess but let's just say the key I found wasn't provided after I paid for it :o.  
-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Q&A
14. Re: No subject Jun 15, 2003, 01:57 GandalfTheWhite

bah if ya wanna go technical be my guest  
-Albert Einstein

9. Re: what? Jun 14, 2003, 17:37 GandalfTheWhite

textures can be 2k x 2k this means 2000 by 2000 pixels  
-Albert Einstein

2. Re: Half-Life 2 Jun 14, 2003, 12:08 GandalfTheWhite

oh and it's a good read btw...  
-Albert Einstein

1. Half-Life 2 Jun 14, 2003, 12:07 GandalfTheWhite

We offer all of our content at extremely high resolution. All of our base textures are 2 [kilobytes] by 2 [kilobytes]. All of our polygon counts are very, very high. We won't actually ship that, primarily because there's currently no hardware that can possibly [run] it. However, once hardware releases that can run it, then we might release that higher rez content.

*Major Drool*

-Albert Einstein

41. Re: oootb Jun 5, 2003, 16:58 GandalfTheWhite

Anybody know a good site containing a good guide for a windows reinstallation? I'm think I could do it alone but some detailed support would surely be handy.  
-Albert Einstein

34. oootb Jun 5, 2003, 15:36 GandalfTheWhite

Can anybody help me?

I just updated my IE with the latest patch from Win Update and I can't seem to restart my computer correctly. I have win 98 and all it does when I reboot is this:
Windows loads.
It shows me my desktop image.
My windows start bar flashes by, then disappears into oblivion half a second later.
If I tap my windows button on my keyboard I get this message:
Kernel32 caused a general protection fault in the module user.exe at 0003:000035f6 (translated from french) (Yes I'm french canadian ;op)
Don't know if it's a virus (I have the latest Norton) but I can't seem to get anything working (task manager says Hidserv is the only thing working).
Any solution is welcome and keeping my files would be good :ol.

-Albert Einstein

News Comments > System Shock Rebirth
48. Re: linkage Jun 5, 2003, 13:06 GandalfTheWhite

Your video card is not compatible with System Shock 2...

Hum Radeon 8500...

-Albert Einstein

181 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo