Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 408 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last
6. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 12:37 Parias

It's perfectly OK with me - the game is stupid amounts of fun in co-op, and my local LAN circle is waiting for them to finish putting out the next batch of DLC content so we can boot it up yet again for one last blowout.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Leaked Source 2 Screenshot?
3. Re: Leaked Source 2 Screenshot? Jan 27, 2014, 19:06 Parias

nin wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 18:33:
This is unconfirmed, and there is no explanation of why this would be in crazy buttocks on a train's possession.

What?

That's the username of the guy who posted the content (although I understand your confusion, as I had to re-read that a couple of times myself before it clicked).

News Comments > Starbound Patch "Hopefully" Wipes Out Wipes
4. Re: Starbound Patch Jan 27, 2014, 18:14 Parias

They called all this stuff out way in advance as well:

http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

The beta will come in 3 main stages.

stage1

Progenitor

Stage 1 will be move at a breakneck speed. This will be the buggiest and busiest stage of the beta. A bunch of unfinished features will be disabled whilst we finish them up. Updates will come thick and fast, sometimes as often as multiple updates a day.

If you choose to take part during stage 1 you should expect bugs, lots of balance changes, you shouldn’t get too attached to your character or universe as we may make changes that require you to start from scratch. You should expect the game to be broken at points as we make sweeping changes but you’ll get to enjoy exciting new content added constantly. The engine won’t optimized during this stage of the beta so performance could be poor on some low end machines.

You’ll get to see a bunch of ‘behind the scenes’ content at this stage and provide feedback during this crucial period.

DO take part in this stage if:

- You enjoy testing buggy and unfinished code

- You enjoy providing feedback

- You want to leave your mark on the game

- You just can’t wait any longer

DO NOT take part in this stage if:

- Bugs infuriate you

- You don’t like spoilers

- You can’t stand losing your save

- You want the full Starbound ‘experience’ the first time you play.

stage2

Automaton

Stage 2 will be largely feature complete. You’ll still find the odd bug but they’re unlikely to be game breaking and the chance of you losing your character or save is minimal. The main quest line won’t be in yet but the sandbox experience will be near complete. All sectors of the galaxy will be available including sector X (End game content). Much of the focus in this stage will be on bug fixing, optimization and balance.

- You enjoy reporting bugs/bughunting

- You have a low spec computer and want to make sure the game is optimized for it

- You want a complete sandbox experience

- You tried to wait a bit longer but failed

- You want to play through the main quest line

- You want to be a Novakid

stage3

Bio-organic

Stage 3 is largely about prepping for v1.0, this means finishing up the main quest line and implementing the post beta content. i.e. the Novakids, fossils. By the time stage 3 is complete Starbound should be ready to launch as a finished game. Worry not however, we plan to keep adding new content for at least a year after release, perhaps a lot longer.

- You want to give feedback on what will become the finished game

- You’d rather wait a litttttle bit longer and play the polished final version

- You’re still busy playing Pokémon X/Y

News Comments > SOE Boss: Next Game "Dedicated" to Star Wars Galaxies Fans
10. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 26, 2014, 16:10 Parias

wtf_man wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:38:
NKD wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 12:37:
Klaus Flouride wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 12:20:
Another failure in the making. When are they going to learn that ANY game in that universe is cursed to failure?

What universe?

I think he means Star Wars.

Well then... what about X-Wing? Tie-Fighter? And the Jedi Knight series? Knights of the Old Republic? That's far from "ANY" game.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 on Steam Jan 24, 2014, 21:30 Parias

Yeah, I don't know - speaking as someone who knows jack-all about what actually goes on under the hood of my car, this "Car Mechanic Simulator" might actually be an entertaining way to get informed if it's decently done.

I don't have a problem with games like this coming out, because on occasion they give me an excuse to get some insight into types of careers that I normally only have a passing interest in.

...Usually.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
58. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 16:01 Parias

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 13:11:
I don't get co-op Skyrim either, to be honest. There is nothing so difficult that it needs a second player, unless you put it on Legendary diff, and then you just wind up rezzing each other all the time.

In the end, co-op Skyrim would just be you and a buddy each playing Skyrim in different areas, while you're chatting with each other. You can already do that.

I'd rather play GW2 than co-op Skyrim.

It's not about the difficulty requiring a second player - it's just about being able to team up with a friend and play through the singleplayer content together (though yes, we'd likely jack up the difficulty to compensate). And why would we be in different areas? The idea would be to explore and enjoy the game's content together. The variety of weapon and skill path options would make it even more fun, as a couple of players could support each other while specializing in their particular area.

And all of this would be wrapped around the detailed, plot-driven Skyrim experience rather than a generic, repetitive MMO.

I don't disagree that it would require some refactoring to make the scripted events, etc work properly, but that's why I'm saying I'd be willing to pay money for something like this.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
39. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 13:04 Parias

Hammer wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:51:
Skyrim Coop - give me that, and I'm in heaven.

Yeah, why couldn't they just do this? I would've forked over money without a second thought for a co-op enabled addon for Skyrim. In contrast, this full-blown MMO holds very little interest for me.

News Comments > Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released
5. Re: Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released Jan 21, 2014, 15:05 Parias

Numinar wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 12:47:
I miss the co-op from Arma 2, but lets face it, missions were more likely to fail from scripting problems than a bullet to the head most the time.

I still enjoyed the hell out of it though - and the missions in Operation: Arrowhead's campaign were actually pretty polished and REALLY fun to play. Splitting the player groups up into diverse roles that could support each other (i.e. one group commanding a chopper group, another commanding a tank column) made for some insanely fun LAN parties. I'm really disappointed they didn't go for the same co-op campaign approach in Arma3.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 11:36 Parias

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 11:31:
How is an engineer? Is it fun?

I have a lot of fun running around with my itty-bitty Asura engineer, dropping turrets, mortar cannons, and the like all over the battlefield. I rather enjoy it.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses
1. Re: Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses Jan 17, 2014, 14:15 Parias

Not exactly jaw-dropping news at this point, but still disappointing. I was hoping this game might get picked up again somehow =\  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
5. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 18:54 Parias

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:51:
huh? Not just been worked on -but hasn't it been released for consoles like 3 years ago? Maybe diff game of similar name?

You might be thinking of "Future Solider". Which came out on PC too.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jan 13, 2014, 20:44 Parias

Quboid wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 20:18:
So the Jane's franchise was good while EA controlled it?

Times change...

Yeah, that was back when it was the semi-"good" EA - when we got games like Dungeon Keeper and the like.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 19:39 Parias

Yes, Men of War absolutely works best as a co-op game. It's also an insane amount of fun - we STILL pull it out for LAN parties many years after it was first released.  

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
9. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 14:07 Parias

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 13:50:
Honestly, this is something modders could probably do in their free time in 6 months. It's really not that much work.

I'm actually rather surprised this hasn't happened already. A bit of Googling around seems to indicate that the source code to Homeworld actually was released... and after seeing what insanity the community did to Freespace 2 using it's source code (i.e. Diaspora) I'd love to see what could happen with Homeworld.

Although I know this is utterly contingent on the right kinds of individuals being available (and having the time to do it). I'd be extremely hesitant to say that an HD upgrade of the original game would be "really not that much work" though, as it would likely involve gutting a lot of core components to bring the game up to modern-day standards. Freespace 2 has only gotten to where it was after many years of effort from some extremely dedicated and talented individuals.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 14:52 Parias

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:17:
I tried to play through it twice, and both times lost interest once it shifted to a "RTS"...

Fair enough - like I said, I guess I can see how some gamers may have found it a bit iffy, but I didn't consider that enough to make the game bad (quite the opposite in fact).

Just wanted to throw my own opinion in as BL definitely isn't a universally-bad game - it just depends on what you expect out of the gameplay as I really had a lot of fun with it.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 13:42 Parias

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:37:
Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:34:
Well, 2 bucks for Brutal Legend, I guess a man can take a gamble on that.

Anyone have any thoughts on Reus? It looks pretty intriguing. (ah heck, it's 2.50.)

As for 75% off on complete Wing Commander, dammit... Just bought all of them at full price over the last six months. Grrr. Oh well, I guess GOG can probably use the extra bucks.

BL is pretty bad man......

Brutal Legend? What didn't you like about it? I found it to be an extremely hilarious and generally enjoyable game (despite a few gameplay quirks - and I know their mix of action / RTS gameplay was a bit controversial, but I didn't mind it since it made me nostalgic for Sacrifice).

Nothing close to what I'd consider "pretty bad". I found it well worth the playthrough.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2013, 12:00 Parias

Ha, Freeman's Mind is awesome - I'm glad the guy has started making episodes again. Watching this series from the start, I thought this was just some guy playing through Half-Life, but his voice talent makes it so much MORE than that. It's one of the most hilarious things I've seen.  

News Comments > J.U.L.I.A.: Enhanced Edition Evolves into J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars
1. Re: J.U.L.I.A.: Enhanced Edition Evolves into J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars Dec 18, 2013, 19:07 Parias

Neat. I played through the original game not too long ago for the first time, and while it was a little basic from a gameplay standpoint, it had a fairly enticing story to it.

It's worth playing if you're looking for a half-decent sci-fi adventure and don't mind some slightly quirky dialogue here and there.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the updated iteration turns out.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch
12. Re: Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch Dec 18, 2013, 14:24 Parias

Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:38:
"-No guard mode"

Therefore unplayable in any "Total War" sense, IMNSHO.

As an aside Shogun II has exciting, manageable battles both land and sea. While there are some camera difficulties and the crude terrains look like placeholders rather than actual finished terrain, it certainly has a challenging campaign that functions as intended.

Of course the SteamDRM+DLC issue is a deal-breaker, but if you like Stratego-like, feudal-Japanese scheming and funny hats you would like Shogun II.

Shogun II is also incredible amounts of fun in campaign co-op - I've had terrific enjoyment booting it up at a LAN party every now and then when we have nothing else to play and blowing the whole day on it.

Fall of the Samurai is even more fun. Although some of the battles can get hilariously one-sided if you manage to pull ahead of the tech tree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicOdzU2kKI

News Comments > Strife Closed Beta Underway
5. Re: Strife Closed Beta Underway Dec 18, 2013, 13:45 Parias

panbient wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:28:
Anytime I see a headline for this game I keep getting hyped thinking it's a reboot of that old FPS/RPG from the mid-90s. Considering everything else from the era seems to be getting being rebooted...

But no, it's just another MOBA

Ditto here. I am disappoint =\

However, the sudden reminder of that game's existence drove me to discover that some of the source code updates made to the classic Strife's game engine are pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXnoux4JMQ

So at least there's that.

408 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo