Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 415 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Front Mission Evolved Trailer, Details
1. Re: Front Mission Evolved Trailer, Details Jan 20, 2010, 19:42 Parias

Glad to see SOMEBODY is still doing giant robot games. Hope this one turns out good.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of War Gold Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War Gold Edition Dec 1, 2009, 23:45 Parias

Bear in mind though that Red Tide doesn't offer co-op play, which is pretty retarded. If you dig around on the official forums though you'll find a workaround which involves just launching the standalone expansion as a "mod" for the original game, and then making slight modifications to the mission files to make them co-op compatible. Annoying that the developers didn't just do this themselves, because this really is one of the greatest co-op games I've played.  

News Comments > ACES Team Flies Again
1. Re: ACES Team Flies Again Oct 14, 2009, 00:49 Parias

Damn - I was hoping this was some reference to a new Ace Combat game or something.  

News Comments > Lighthouse Interactive Bankrupt
2. Re: Lighthouse Interactive Bankrupt Mar 25, 2009, 12:57 Parias

Damn, this sucks - I loved the crap out of Sword of the Stars, and these guys were pretty good publishers.  

News Comments > Men of War Movies
2. Re: Men of War Movies Mar 5, 2009, 20:13 Parias

This is definitely a fun-ass game - anybody overlooking it because it's "just another WW2 game" is making a horrible mistake. Some of the best co-op action I've encountered has come from this.  

News Comments > Terra Nova Retrospective
14. Re: Terra Nova Retrospective Feb 27, 2009, 15:53 Parias

They were actually working on a multiplayer version of the game (and had it advertised on the back of the jewel case), but sadly it never came out.  

News Comments > Cryostasis, NecroVisioN, and Men of War Dated
5. Re: Cryostasis, NecroVisioN, and Men of War Dated Jan 14, 2009, 18:01 Parias

Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 and Faces of War are two of the most-played co-op games at the LAN parties I go to. Definitely looking forward to Men of War, and I'm hoping they continue including co-op functionality.  

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Install Code Glitch
3. Re: Red Alert 3 Install Code Glitch Oct 30, 2008, 12:42 Parias

Haha, fair enough. And here I was ready to launch into another "screwed by DRM" tirade...

Edit: Oh, this is nice. Stolen from the VoodooExtreme thread on this:

"The installer is a pretty standard EA installer. When you enter the wrong key 3 times in a row, it closes the installer, so you have to restart it and enter your key in again with your guess for the last character. After it closed the 1st time for me, I typed my code into notepad and c/ped the damn thing in each time."

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2008, 12:46.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Install Code Glitch
1. Re: Red Alert 3 Install Code Glitch Oct 30, 2008, 12:13 Parias

720 keystrokes? Does the install program clear out the whole current CD key entry if you get it wrong, or something?  

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Launch Trailer
1. Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Launch Trailer Oct 27, 2008, 16:30 Parias

Haha, I love the approach they're taking with their trailers. I just can't see this game going wrong.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview
1. No subject Sep 30, 2008, 21:40 Parias

Damnit - with all that talk they had about singleplayer gameplay aspects carrying over to multiplayer, I was hoping this would be shipping with a co-op mode. This game feels like it would be perfect for such a thing.

News Comments > Gold - Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows
1. No subject Sep 24, 2008, 14:28 Parias

Oh hell yes - about time. This is definitely one of the better 4X strategy games out there and really deserves some more attention.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: ... Sep 13, 2008, 20:33 Parias

What kind of issues are you guys having? I'm running Firefox 3.0.1 with a fairly recent version of AdBlock Plus, and Tweaktown seems to come up just fine.

Though I echo your sentiments if they are indeed instituting code to filter out browsers making use of AdBlock addons.

Edit: Never mind - I just saw the blocking message, though only after I loaded the page in a new tab for some reason. That's pretty fucking irritating.
This comment was edited on Sep 13, 20:34.

News Comments > On GTA IV Sales and the EA Takeover
2. Re: only 8.5M Sep 12, 2008, 02:35 Parias

GTAIV is actually due out for PC shortly, but by this time it sounds like the damage would already have been done.

News Comments > New Battlezone II Beta Patch
3. No subject Aug 5, 2008, 17:22 Parias

Holy fuck, they're still supporting this? Now THAT is some developer love.

News Comments > Hydrophobia Movie
1. No subject Jul 15, 2008, 03:26 Parias

Wow - that's some amazing looking water. Looking forward to seeing how this translates into actual gameplay.

News Comments > Gold - Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
8. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2007, 14:54 Parias

I don't know DangerDog, I think with games luke Supreme Commander now floating on the market, some of us are getting spoiled on dual-monitor support and beginning to expect it for other games =)

Which isn't a bad thing - more games really could benefit from this kind of functionality. But regardless, SH4 is looking quite hot and I'm looking forwards to this. I do however hope the multiplayer co-op options are dramatically expanded.
This comment was edited on Mar 6, 14:55.

News Comments > Star Trek Legacy Release Date
15. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 14:12 Parias

Arkay: Do any of these mods work okay with the game's singleplayer mode? I've seen some really interesting offerings in terms of the aforementioned NanoFX, and also a nice-looking mod to actually roam the 3D bridge freely, but I keep hearing inconsistent reports about singleplayer compatibility.

News Comments > The Legend of Jack Sparrow Ships
2. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2006, 04:33 Parias

What I'm more wondering is if co-op mode is going to just be some garbage split-screen PS2 exclusive thing, or if it'll actually be featured in the PC version too - it's the only reason why I have a passing interest in this.

News Comments > Silent Heroes Announced
4. Co-Op Jun 28, 2006, 02:34 Parias

So longas it comes with awesome co-op play like the original did, I'm sold.

415 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo