Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Online?
7. Re: Mass Effect Online? Nov 18, 2010, 12:13 Parias

Echoing the sentiments here - I'm sure Mass Effect could make a decent MMO if done right, but if it came to one or the other I would much, much rather have the excellent, comprehensive, singleplayer story-driven experience the previous Mass Effect games have offered to a repetitive grind-a-thon MMO type game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 14, 2010, 20:35 Parias

Jerykk wrote on Nov 14, 2010, 19:27:
Infinity Ward's community manager said the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 sold "millions" and yet I never saw more than 100,000 players at once online with it.

Maybt they only played single-player? Or lost interest in MP within a day. I know I'd certainly fit into that category.

Ditto here, my only real interest in the game was the singleplayer campaign.

News Comments > Civilization V Patch Notes
3. Re: Civilization V Patch Notes Nov 11, 2010, 11:52 Parias

Speaking of which, has the option to enable animations in multiplayer been put in yet? I don't plan on really touching this until that's done.  

News Comments > Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month
4. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 14:18 Parias

I'm definitely sold - the focus Operation: Arrowhead had on a story-based coop mode made it terrifically fun - moreso than the original because each player got control over their own groups of soldiers. Hope this one turns out just as fun.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Castle Vox
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Castle Vox Oct 6, 2010, 00:53 Parias

Vox, or Nox?  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer
1. Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer Sep 28, 2010, 21:02 Parias

SOTS1 remains one of the most addictive games at our LAN parties (next to Men of War) so I was already sold at the announcement that SOTS2 was coming, but this really seals the deal. Finally, a space strategy game that will look as good as (if not better than) Nexus: The Jupiter Incident!  

News Comments > Amnesia: The Dark Descent Patch
13. Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent Patch Sep 24, 2010, 20:50 Parias

Heh. Gotta love these patch notes.

"Menu
-Pressing ESC while binding a new key ends up in quite the predicament."

News Comments > Open Outcast Techdemo
4. Re: Open Outcast Techdemo Sep 20, 2010, 12:16 Parias

This is an absolutely brilliant idea - I wish more people would do this sort of thing for all these awesome classic games.  

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch
2. Re: Battlezone II Patch Aug 30, 2010, 23:20 Parias

Indeed, it's astounding the support this game continues to receive - and it deserves it too.  

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 Ships, DLC Announced
7. Re: Kane & Lynch 2 Ships, DLC Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:13 Parias

At least this time around they're apparently offering online co-op play - being restricted to split-screen for the original was incredibly irritating.  

News Comments > XCOM Interview
5. Re: XCOM Interview Aug 6, 2010, 21:35 Parias

kxmode wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 19:14:
ibm wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 16:58:
Not selling out and giving into the masses by changing a turn based strategy game into an fps... ok.

Because seriously who plays turn based strategy games these days?

Sword of the Stars is an epic favorite at any LAN party I participate in.

News Comments > QuakeCon Done Quick
3. Re: QuakeCon Done Quick Aug 3, 2010, 05:33 Parias

Quake Done Quick was one of my most favorite pieces of machinima back in the day.  

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
2. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jun 29, 2010, 13:45 Parias

Awesome! I loved the original, can't wait to see how the next one turns out.  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Argos Navy Yard Patch
6. Re: Sword of the Stars Patch Jun 29, 2010, 12:35 Parias

The best part of the combat is how it's all physics-driven and such. Unlike games which just do invisible number crunching to determine if a shot will "hit" or not and how much damage it will do (i.e. Sins of a Solar Empire), things like projectile trajectories and locational damage are modeled accurately in SOTS. You can also tell your fleet to target specific parts of a ship (i.e. the turrets) and watch those components break apart when destroyed, and so on.

My only disappointment with the game is a lack of visual detail on the level Nexus: The Jupiter Incident had (visible ship nameplates, maneuvering thrusters, etc), but allegedly that's being looked at for the upcoming SOTS sequel.

Beyond that though it's awesome. My favorite memory is when I was attacking a planet with a bunch of Mass Driver-equipped ships and ended up knocking the enemy ships out of orbit and into the planet they were defending, simply because their engines couldn't compensate for the sheer amount of kinetic force my weapons were throwing at them.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Tactics
3. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Tactics Jun 9, 2010, 16:02 Parias

Neat - does this mean it'll have co-op play?  

News Comments > Men of War: Vietnam Revealed?
5. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:12 Parias

Some of the best co-op gaming I've ever had has been from this series. Definitely a must-buy for me as well.  

News Comments > Metro 2033 DLC Revealed
3. Re: Metro 2033 DLC Revealed May 12, 2010, 22:07 Parias

Agreed - the game itself is fantastic, and is something I'll likely play through again a few months or a year from now. I don't see myself booting it up again right away now that new DLC is out though.  

News Comments > EA on C&C4's "No" DRM
30. Re: You actually love the message just not who is saying it. Mar 18, 2010, 19:40 Parias

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 18:20:
Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 17:17:
The bullshit piles up so fast with these guys you need wings to stay above it. I categorically refuse to use any system where the choice of when, where, and how long I can use the product is out of my hands. Not to mention tracking how long and what I play and who knows what other snooping around to acquire more information on me to sell to marketing companies.
Says a guy who uses Steam. Steam also does everyone of these things, and yet you loved HL2 and Valve's other games which use Steam from your posts on this forum. What you really mean, hypocrite, is that you will only bend over and take it from Valve and not EA.

EA is just taking a page from Valve's playbook as most of its fanboys don't realize or admit that Steam uses DRM either.

Except that with Steam, you still have the option of playing a given game while offline - and it doesn't interrupt you if a disconnection event occurs during gameplay or do something dumb like annex all of your progress up to that point.

Not to mention that Valve hasn't randomly shut down authentication servers for certain games (i.e. Mercenaries 2), and has indicated they'll provide a method for continuing to be able to play their games should their authentication services be discontinued. Additionally, Valve (and the subsequent parties releasing their games under Steam) aren't beating around the bush trying to pretend their games don't have DRM.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
25. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 14:25 Parias

#18: Agreed, I was expecting a literal coop play focus too. Bah.  

News Comments > System Shock Modification
1. Re: System Shock Modification Feb 4, 2010, 21:10 Parias

Wow, this is pretty cool. I wish people would do things like this more often.  

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo