Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 414 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Cargo Demo
1. Re: Cargo Demo May 19, 2011, 21:30 Parias

Heh. This actually looks pretty neat.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA 2 ARG?
7. Re: ARMA 2 ARG? May 2, 2011, 22:55 Parias

Wallshadows wrote on May 2, 2011, 22:45:
What the hell is an ARG? All it makes me think of is something I would say when I get frustrated, caps included.

ARG = Alternate Reality Game.

News Comments > Civilization V Patched
2. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 28, 2011, 23:30 Parias

And yet STILL no option to enable unit animations in multiplayer? I'll continue to be disappointed until they fix that - we have a LAN party waiting on exactly this update.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
3. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 18:01 Parias

What's wrong with there being a new space game? The genre is pretty neglected as it is, and these are one of the few developers still ballsy enough to make these kinds of titles.

Edit: Unless you were more referring to this just being another X game rather than something completely unique and abstract.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Announced
6. Re: Anno 2070 Announced Apr 4, 2011, 16:01 Parias

Yeah, the previous Anno game was a lot of fun - being a sci-fi nerd, I'd actually be a huge fan of seeing the same general gameplay and complexity in a futuristic setting. This could hold a lot of promise so long as they don't dumb it down too much.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes Mar 21, 2011, 22:32 Parias

Yeah, I'm not much of a competitive multiplayer gamer - I'm more interested in the singleplayer side of things here. I was hoping there'd be some sort of co-op mode like the original, but it sounds like there won't be.

(And yeah, bodging out co-op sessions over dial-up back in the day was awesome - brings back memories...)

News Comments > Prey 2 Details
5. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:18 Parias

Exactly, this is a pretty terrible piece of initial PR - makes me 'not' want to get excited about the game more than anything.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad - Special Edition
2. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad - Special Edition Mar 8, 2011, 04:50 Parias

Hate to say it as I've always been a huge, huge fan of every game in the series up to this point (SHoWW2, Faces of War, Men of War, and MoW: Red Tide - when hacked up for co-op play - are all LAN party favorites) but Assault Squad is a bit of a disappointment. No focus at all on interesting, scripted singleplayer missions, and instead the "co-op" component is just a bunch of exaggerated skirmish missions with abusive AI players. We're looking forward more to the Vietnam iteration in light of this.  

News Comments > Good Old Games Interview
10. Re: Good Old Games Interview Mar 7, 2011, 03:27 Parias

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 01:32:
What I would like to see is all the Trek games put on their. Interplay/Activision/Whoever did Judgement Rites etc.
Bridge Commander alone would rake in a shit-ton of money due to not being able to find it anymore (or pay upwards of 80 bucks for a copy).

Don't forget Klingon Academy! The chaps on the KlingonAcademy.com forums actually got an update pushed out a short time ago to make the game play nicely under Vista / Windows 7 too.

News Comments > Klingon Academy Modern Systems Patch
2. Re: Klingon Academy Modern Systems Patch Feb 16, 2011, 22:35 Parias

YES! I've been looking for a valid reason to play through this again.  

News Comments > Magicka Patched
2. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 7, 2011, 21:33 Parias

Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:11:
I got a sugjestion, how about adding several check point saves in each map so you dont have to redo the whole fricking map over again if you die. this is the biggest and most annoying part of the game.

The game does have checkpoints (quite numerous too, moreso with the latest updates as indicated in the change notes) - though I can agree that the experience can still be a little frustrating sometimes.

Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:11:
secondly is the combo majic, its annyoing too.

Not sure if I get this - practically the game's core driving gimmick is behind the ability to combine and mix and match spells, especially when it comes to co-op play. If you find this system "annoying" then you may as well just write off the whole game. Are you expecting the developers to just patch this functionality out or something?

News Comments > Tech 5 Open Source Clarification
1. Re: Tech 5 Open Source Clarification Feb 2, 2011, 18:51 Parias

"John Carmack made comments at QuakeCon 2007 saying Tech 5 would be released as open source a few into its life (like their previous game engines)...."

A few what into its life - hours? Days? Weeks? Centuries?

News Comments > PT Boats: South Gambit Interview
3. Re: PT Boats: South Gambit Interview Jan 30, 2011, 08:21 Parias

Agreed - where's that co-op play that'll make this worth picking up?  

News Comments > Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Patch
1. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Patch Jan 25, 2011, 11:29 Parias

This game is absolutely bonkers if you get some decent chaps together at a LAN party - definitely worth trying, so long as you can scrounge up at 'least' three people.  

News Comments > DRM-Free D&D RPGs
10. Re: DRM-Free D&D RPGs Jan 20, 2011, 04:18 Parias

All the better reason to spread the word then - GOG deserves all the business it can get.  

News Comments > Cross Platform Portal 2?
9. Re: Cross Platform Portal 2? Jan 15, 2011, 07:32 Parias

Sepharo wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 20:47:
Mcboinkens wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 20:34:
The idea is cool, but I disagree that this is a good game to do it with. Games like Tekken or other fighting games, RPGs, racing, or basically anything not FPS would be better. But I'm sure there will be an option whether or not to play with cross platform players. Fortunately, I think many of you will be surprised by the fluid and accuracy that PS3 users will have with their controllers. Not as clear cut as a mouse, but definitely viable.

It's 2 player co-op, likely not going to have matchmaking. It's just so you can play with a friend. If your friend doesn't have a gaming PC but does have a PS3, then you can play a co-op puzzle game together. Sounds to me like the perfect game to do this with.

Exactly my thought - this is meant to be a co-op title and won't require super-fast, twitch responses. To this end, it does seem like this would be a pretty ideal title to try something like this out with.

News Comments > Civilization V Patch Plans
6. Re: Civilization V Patch Plans Dec 11, 2010, 17:17 Parias

Wait, have they STILL not added the option to turn on unit animations for multiplayer?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PT Boats - South Gambit
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - PT Boats - South Gambit Nov 30, 2010, 14:13 Parias

Really, still no co-op play? That blows; co-op was one of the main and only reasons I was looking forward to the original. It was a huge disappointment when they didn't include it.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Online?
7. Re: Mass Effect Online? Nov 18, 2010, 12:13 Parias

Echoing the sentiments here - I'm sure Mass Effect could make a decent MMO if done right, but if it came to one or the other I would much, much rather have the excellent, comprehensive, singleplayer story-driven experience the previous Mass Effect games have offered to a repetitive grind-a-thon MMO type game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 14, 2010, 20:35 Parias

Jerykk wrote on Nov 14, 2010, 19:27:
Infinity Ward's community manager said the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 sold "millions" and yet I never saw more than 100,000 players at once online with it.

Maybt they only played single-player? Or lost interest in MP within a day. I know I'd certainly fit into that category.

Ditto here, my only real interest in the game was the singleplayer campaign.

414 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo