Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 408 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
7. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 13:11 Parias

nutshell42 wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 12:57:
I just had a nerdgasm.

All I now need is a sequel to JTF. That, too, was one brilliant game.

Haha, yes - JTF was fun. A bit cheesy, but fun. Adding co-op was the best move they ever could have made for that game and is the main reason why it gets played through over and over again.

But yeah, I'm so happy to hear this news.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
27. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 13, 2011, 05:31 Parias

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 01:50:
sauron wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 20:31:
Was looking for some representative screenies of the current builds but had a hard time finding the real deal. Any help? Still have copies of FS1 and 2 lying around in my 'hall of fame' PC CD collection.

Thanks ^^
Screenies can very from build to build, mostly because stuff is being added, updated, fixed and so on all the time.

But here's some good inplay vids:
http://youtu.be/e7b8Vx3AlPA
http://youtu.be/e0xL1fA09nA
They're both based on the 3.10 medaivp build, so they're about a year out of date, maybe a bit more. Regardless it's worth it, by and far so much worth it to download. Oh and the gameplay? Very smooth. As long as your card properly supports OGL. Yep, they did one hell of a implementation of OGL to get it done.

Ha, try this one on for size - much newer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
15. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 17:07 Parias

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:15:
PL wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:04:
Interplay...haven't heard from them in a decade or so. Maybe a Free Space HD remake is next...
Already done:
http://scp.indiegames.us/

And still being updated to this day - very much worth playing.

Now, Freespace 3, on the other hand....

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Stealth Trailer
14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Stealth Trailer Jul 29, 2011, 00:34 Parias

Tony!!! wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 21:48:
Parias, the gripe was the yellow outline you see on doors and ladder and other 'interactive' objects. They made this an option now in the menu of the game.

Ahhh, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks.

Jerykk wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 22:36:
Third person perspective only comes on when you hit the 'cover' button.

That's not entirely accurate. The game also switches to third-person when you climb ladders, perform melee take-downs and engage in dialogue. To be fair, the original DX did the latter as well.

Good catch, I had forgotten about those. I am curious in particular how the melee take-downs mechanic will be received at large.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Stealth Trailer
6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Stealth Trailer Jul 28, 2011, 21:42 Parias

Third person perspective only comes on when you hit the 'cover' button. Developers made it clear in the past that they were aware of possible concerns on this and players have the option of just not hitting the cover button if they don't want to - they're being super-careful about how fans react to things. There was some feature or quirk a lot of people were freaking out about a short time ago that they made a last-minute change on after enough demand came in - can't recall for the life of me what it was, but did show they're paying attention.

But don't take my word for it - try out the leaked beta already and see for yourself, it's done a pretty terrific job of selling the game so far (ironically).

Edit: And yeah, playing through the beta, one thing that kept flashing up in my mind too was that the whole MGS-style radar system was, undoubtedly, going to be slammed with tons of controversy - I'm not sure how I feel about it myself. I'm just thankful the rest of the game is solid-looking enough that I don't think I'm really too worried either way.

News Comments > Happy Birthday(s): StarCraft 2, MS-DOS, and Anachronox
10. Re: Happy Birthday(s): StarCraft 2, MS-DOS, and Anachronox Jul 28, 2011, 01:20 Parias

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 22:51:
Yea I missed Anachronox myself, though I followed it's development quite a lot. I think after the disaster of Daikatana I gave up on everything from that company lol.

Not everything I hope - don't forget where Deus Ex came from.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon
8. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 12:32 Parias

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 11:47:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 10:11:
Darks wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 10:08:
I got a chance to check out Ghost Recon Online while at E3. All I can say is stay away from this utter crap of a game. Its nothing but run around and kill each other. No story at all. The Graphics were very bland and dated.

Uhh... not that I disagree, nor would I even consider purchasing this game... but WTF else are you supposed to do in a shooter?

Dude, l34Rn 2 r33d, he said "no story at all" so obviously he wants to at least have a pseudo-purpose for the running around and killing each other part. Besides, since this is Ghost Recon we are talking about here and not Serious Sam, it does seem like a reasonable expectation. The GR games did have pretty decent story-telling mechanics for a shooter series.

Exactly - and it's not like a decent plot-driven mechanic is utterly and completely unprecedented in the FPS genre. I enjoyed Serious Sam on it's own merits for example, but I got a hell of a lot more pleasure out of playing, say, Half-Life 2 for all the effort they put into the plot-advancing scripted sequences and back-story.

Similarly I'm expecting // hoping the new Ghost Recon release will have at least something of an interesting storyline to it.

News Comments > Men of War: Condemned Heroes Announced
2. Re: Men of War: Condemned Heroes Announced Jul 8, 2011, 18:13 Parias

So long as it's got full campaign co-op like the others, I'm down.  

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Hotfix
1. Re: AMD Catalyst Hotfix Jul 4, 2011, 18:50 Parias

I've gotta be missing it somewhere on those pages - what exactly does this hotfix, err... fix?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer
6. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 00:39 Parias

I've been pretty skeptical about the game as well, having been burned by Invisible War in the past. That said, after playing through the beta that's been floating around, I immediately jumped on and placed my pre-order. And these days I otherwise don't really pre-order anything, especially if it's a singleplayer game. The leaked build worked just as well as (if not better than) any official demo and resolved a ton of my concerns. There's a few points I know will hit with some controversy, but it's blatantly obvious these guys are steering as far away from the problem points Invisible War tripped all over as possible.

When this game comes out, I shall pick it up and enjoy it immensely. Of this I am sure - as sure as I was for, say, the Half-Life or Portal releases.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps Jun 24, 2011, 16:27 Parias

I hope these are interesting, story-driven maps and not just run-around-and-kill-things horde-style levels.

Actually I was kinda hoping co-op would be integrated into the main campaign ala Operation: Flashpoint Red River, but we'll see how this goes.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jun 11, 2011, 13:58 Parias

They really don't - Crusader: No Remorse was one of my all-time favorites back in the day. Hell I even still listen to the soundtrack on my way to work.  

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Next Year, Trailer
5. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Next Year, Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 21:45 Parias

Anybody remember Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising? Was technically supposed to be a spiritual sequel to Carrier Command, but kind of tapered off into a more linear storyline-oriented path... Dr. Who did a great job narrating things though and it had some pretty cool voice work.

I'm feeling nostalgic enough I think I'll play through it again to help offset the time until this comes out. Can't wait.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge Jun 1, 2011, 06:11 Parias

To be honest I'm not all that worried about the graphics or linearity - I'm basically considering this to be a medieval Army of Two. From what I've been hearing the co-op in this is supposed to be pretty awesome and hilarious, so the release of this will definitely make for some fantastic LAN gaming this weekend. Definitely looking forward to trying it out with a friend.  

News Comments > Cargo Demo
1. Re: Cargo Demo May 19, 2011, 21:30 Parias

Heh. This actually looks pretty neat.  

News Comments > ARMA 2 ARG?
7. Re: ARMA 2 ARG? May 2, 2011, 22:55 Parias

Wallshadows wrote on May 2, 2011, 22:45:
What the hell is an ARG? All it makes me think of is something I would say when I get frustrated, caps included.

ARG = Alternate Reality Game.

News Comments > Civilization V Patched
2. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 28, 2011, 23:30 Parias

And yet STILL no option to enable unit animations in multiplayer? I'll continue to be disappointed until they fix that - we have a LAN party waiting on exactly this update.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
3. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 18:01 Parias

What's wrong with there being a new space game? The genre is pretty neglected as it is, and these are one of the few developers still ballsy enough to make these kinds of titles.

Edit: Unless you were more referring to this just being another X game rather than something completely unique and abstract.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Announced
6. Re: Anno 2070 Announced Apr 4, 2011, 16:01 Parias

Yeah, the previous Anno game was a lot of fun - being a sci-fi nerd, I'd actually be a huge fan of seeing the same general gameplay and complexity in a futuristic setting. This could hold a lot of promise so long as they don't dumb it down too much.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Modes Mar 21, 2011, 22:32 Parias

Yeah, I'm not much of a competitive multiplayer gamer - I'm more interested in the singleplayer side of things here. I was hoping there'd be some sort of co-op mode like the original, but it sounds like there won't be.

(And yeah, bodging out co-op sessions over dial-up back in the day was awesome - brings back memories...)

408 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo