Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 406 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Tactics Trailer
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Tactics Trailer Jan 24, 2012, 19:33 Parias

space captain wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 19:09:
gilly775 wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:38:
Really no different than something like Silent Storm and that was pretty fun. I'm sure they did that to appease to newcomers.

what?? its entirely different than SS, which was just like JA2 where you dont see enemies until your units actually "see" or hear them

Yes, exactly - SS was completely based around a hearing system as well. What're you talking about?

I share the same concerns about the fog of war - maybe this is just a difficulty level thing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2?
11. Re: Company of Heroes 2? Dec 20, 2011, 13:34 Parias

I've always had a ton of fun with the Company of Heroes and Dawn of War releases, but I'd really kill for Homeworld 3.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates
6. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates Dec 7, 2011, 23:58 Parias

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 21:39:
And like every other DRM that decided crap like this would be a great idea, many legit users will have this pop up...

Far as I know, FADE was pretty reliable and only kicked in for truly illegitimate copies of Armed Assault and such - unless I'm mistaken.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
6. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Nov 17, 2011, 16:47 Parias

I'm both happy and somewhat disappointed to see them toning down the 'asshole physics' that Max Payne 2 had; knocking bodies around and sending them flying just by continually pumping bullets into them in bullet time was admittedly one of the more entertaining aspects I found the second game had, though it did make the game feel even more like it was from the "Hey! Look! We have physics!" era.

Which it was entitled to at the time, mind you.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Oct 19, 2011, 18:54 Parias

Agreed, I hope this turns out fantastic.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers
3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Sep 30, 2011, 22:05 Parias

A bit, yeah - they were pretty solid experiences though, and those ones did take time to build up a bit of suspense as I recall.

I am really digging the campaign co-op play they're integrating though - that alone has sold me.

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
33. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 20:20 Parias

panbient wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 18:08:
On one hand I'm super jazzed for a new Mechwarrior game. On the other... I really wish they just redid the graphics engine for Mechwarrior2: Mercenaries. To me it was by far the best of the bunch. Full control over your mech company. Full control on what missions you took. Endless replayability with random missions, even once the 'real' campaign was done. No vindication story for some snot nosed noble who preferred slumming it up (are we playing a Hilton?). Just wicked awesome giant robot destruction.

I pretty much agree - I actually really enjoy a scripted, plot-driven campaign (I basically need such a thing to play games these days - I need some underlying sense of purpose as I progress), but Mechwarrior 2 Mercs had it nailed pretty good; you could balance out the main 'plot' missions with random side missions at a whim any time you needed to make some more money. MW4: Mercs sort of did a decent job with this with a gamut of secondary contracts you could pick up, but ultimately just didn't have the same magic. Especially because it didn't offer nearly the same level of control and micro-management.

31. Re: Well... Sep 29, 2011, 17:46 Parias

Shataan wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 17:17:
I`ll believe it when and only when I see it. Hopefully we get an actual incockpit view this time, instead of QuakeWarrior 4s crap HUD view.

That's basically how it's looking - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

Of course we'll see how well that actually holds up upon release.

23. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 13:57 Parias

I wouldn't mind taking on another clan adventure, but what I really miss at some of the bonkers missions from the original games.. like the GBL missions where you had to attack a deep underwater base, or fight off attacks from the top deck of your ship in deep space. Or the missions in MW2 Mercs where you had to guard a gigantic chunk of ice that was being sent to a water-deprived planet on a mercy mission - or where you got kidnapped by invading clan forces and had to escape in a hover-tank.  

11. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 12:47 Parias

The Pyro wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 12:40:
deadearth wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 11:11:
I'm sure it'll end up being a first person shooter with a cover system and regenerating health.

I kid, i kid.

I'm not crazy about EZ-mode cover, but I probably wouldn't mind having mechs that can crouch. They are humanoid after all I can't remember - did MW4 allow mechs to intentionally go prone and shoot from the ground?

No, you're thinking of Heavy Gear 2. MW3 and 4 did have a "crouch" button though.

Yeah, they're announcing this as if it was an all-new project, but what happened to all the stuff they had announced and were working on several months ago? They had a trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw) and everything, then got slapped with a lawsuit over the silly Battletech / Robotech mech design conflict (i.e. the Warhammer). This otherwise sounds like the same thing - they finally got things sorted and are ready to come out of hiding again.

I'm happy this is under development once more, but still paranoid they're going to dumb it down a ton compared to it's predecessors. So long as it doesn't end up like Mech Assault though, I'll bite.

News Comments > Deus Ex Prequel Mod
1. Re: Deus Ex Prequel Mod Sep 28, 2011, 10:16 Parias

Heh - so it's not this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 3 Plans?
6. Re: Kane & Lynch 3 Plans? Sep 27, 2011, 22:04 Parias

Aside from some horrific network code (seriously, how come everything jumps all over the place when me and my friend are playing over LAN in the same room as each other? - what is this, 2001?) I thought Kane and Lynch was pretty fun. I see it being a terrible singleplayer franchise but they were pretty awesome as far as co-operative fun went.  

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles
12. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 14:55 Parias

That's exactly it - I really have to wonder who they had for play-testers. Were they just random people they dragged off the street or did they bother engaging and soliciting the feedback of people who had actually played the original game before?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 16:32 Parias

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 16:27:
I'm glad to see I can just start this from the menu and they don't require that it be integrated into the main game. I'm guessing this will probably be $10 and if it's at least a few hours, I'm cool with that if the storytelling and characterization are still good.

I am glad they have this as well, but what if I'm replaying the whole game down the road and want to jump into this DLC at the appropriate 'point in time' in the plot where it's supposed to occur; am I supposed to put my current game on hold, drop all the way out to the main menu, and start a fresh set of saves just for this DLC, or will it automatically integrate into the main campaign as well?

Edit: Ah, re-reading the thread, it does look like there's no automatic campaign integration - you do need to play it through separately. Oh well.

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
6. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 12, 2011, 21:01 Parias

Alpha Geist wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 20:55:

Heck, are there any other games similar to that of BZ/BZII, past or present?

Aside from Hostile Waters (worth playing) and maybe a couple of others, not many.

And I agree - I have an immense disliking of the "...time has moved on" comment. I'd really rather they stick with the same formula and just expand on it - see how things go without the same technology limitations to worry about.

News Comments > Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam
8. Re: Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam Sep 10, 2011, 04:00 Parias

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 01:43:
I find that a lot of reviews are either skimming over the multiplayer or have simply ignored it which is a real shame because I only hear good things about it and Co-op will be quite entertaining when it arrives!

Except it's not going to be campaign co-op - just some independent fight-fests.

News Comments > Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG
7. Re: Howard on Skyrim Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG Aug 31, 2011, 21:41 Parias

I get not making it an MMO, but I would've killed to have some low-level co-op play in Morrowind or Oblivion - even just 2-3 players for the main campaign would've been absolutely awesome.

They're solid singleplayer titles, no question, and I can appreciate forsaking multiplayer in favor of a stronger singleplayer experience - but gameplay-wise you could easily open the game up to a couple more players to work together without compromising that.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Freespace 2 on Impulse. Save 50%. Aug 26, 2011, 02:53 Parias

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 22:44:
I thought that Freespace 2 was abandonware that you could DL for free. What's the benefit of buying it?

It was considered abandonware until resources like GoG and such picked it up again. Worth it though - combined with the upgrades from the Source Code Project, it's an amazing space combat game easily on the same level as Wing Commander.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
7. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 13:11 Parias

nutshell42 wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 12:57:
I just had a nerdgasm.

All I now need is a sequel to JTF. That, too, was one brilliant game.

Haha, yes - JTF was fun. A bit cheesy, but fun. Adding co-op was the best move they ever could have made for that game and is the main reason why it gets played through over and over again.

But yeah, I'm so happy to hear this news.

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
27. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 13, 2011, 05:31 Parias

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 01:50:
sauron wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 20:31:
Was looking for some representative screenies of the current builds but had a hard time finding the real deal. Any help? Still have copies of FS1 and 2 lying around in my 'hall of fame' PC CD collection.

Thanks ^^
Screenies can very from build to build, mostly because stuff is being added, updated, fixed and so on all the time.

But here's some good inplay vids:
http://youtu.be/e7b8Vx3AlPA
http://youtu.be/e0xL1fA09nA
They're both based on the 3.10 medaivp build, so they're about a year out of date, maybe a bit more. Regardless it's worth it, by and far so much worth it to download. Oh and the gameplay? Very smooth. As long as your card properly supports OGL. Yep, they did one hell of a implementation of OGL to get it done.

Ha, try this one on for size - much newer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

406 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo