Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 414 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Feb 29, 2012, 12:27 Parias

Razumen wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 11:31:
Darks wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:23:
InBlack wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 09:51:
The trailer is damn cool, no gameplay footage though.

Yea it does look nice, but an Atlas does not have jump jets, so that Atlas would end up in pieces on the ground after that drop.

While not as noticeable as it could have been, if you look you'll see that the Atlas drops with an some sort attachment on it's back. It's likely that it's a sort of one time dropjet system like the ones in MW4.

This was exactly my thought too, it looked like it dropped with a disposable thrust system to help it get down in one piece.

Also, cool of them to use the exact startup voice from Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries (albeit slightly changed).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May
11. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 10:15 Parias

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 21:44:
I agree that they were fun games (except the single player co-op designs)..

What's wrong with the co-op play? I thought the full campaign co-op in RE5 was a real winner - it's the main reason I still pull the game off the shelf every few months to give it another playthrough.

Edit: Unless you were referring to how the entire game was basically built around a co-op design and how this would have impacted singleplayer, in which case I can understand - I've only played the game co-operatively as I couldn't see singleplayer being as much fun.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2012, 10:43.

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Release Planned
3. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Release Planned Feb 25, 2012, 00:01 Parias

"Indeed, ease of use, and particularly accessibility, has been an entire goal in itself."

This scares the hell out of me and I hope they don't over-do it. While I agree with the concept that a lot of stuff around the game series is notoriously rough around the edges and counter-intuitive, the relative complexity is also what I absolutely love about Armed Assault; in particular the squad control and how you can micro-manage each and every thing your team does (if inclined) - not to mention all the different functions for operating tanks, aircraft, etc. If they start taking these things away and dumbing it all down, I'll be really disappointed.

From the wording though it doesn't sound like I'll have too much to worry about and that they're being careful about this.

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
3. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 16:21 Parias

Wildone wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:02:
lol another mech fail. Guys in suits with chunky arms or the 2 legged reverse leg macross robot/ED209 rip offs/sigh

Have you even heard of Battletech before?

This sounds interesting - it's been a long, long time since I've played a decent turn-based Mech combat game. Fuck, I don't know - the last one I can genuinely remember off the top of my head was Mission Force: Cyberstorm.

Ah, actually, I'm forgetting the Front Mission series - that wasn't too bad.

News Comments > Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault?
2. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 10:12 Parias

Eeek. I mean, okay, I'm definitely down for more giant robot games (especially anything Battletech-related), but MechAssault was definitely not the pinnacle of giant robot combat. More of a perversion.

An admittedly fun, amusing at times perversion that I played and got some kicks out of, but a perversion nonetheless. Unfortunately I guess this is the only thing that really sells big these days...

News Comments > Cradle Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Cradle Gameplay Trailer Feb 14, 2012, 01:15 Parias

I'll bite - this actually looks pretty neat.  

News Comments > F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups
5. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 6, 2012, 22:43 Parias

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 22:35:
I like the idea, and I like the look, but it looks a little too twitchy. It doesn't seem to have the lumbering, walking tank feel, or the careful maneuvering that mech games are known for. It looks almost like Quake with a cockpit.

This is my concern too. It does look neat, but I was hoping for something a bit more... giant robot-ey.

News Comments > Men of War: Condemned Heroes Website; Trailer
4. Re: Men of War: Condemned Heroes Website; Trailer Jan 31, 2012, 21:24 Parias

bfg9000 wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 19:42:
Ok so it will be more in the vein of Red Tide rather than Assault Squad.

I'm hoping they skip the bit in Red Tide where they forgot to include co-op play of course. That's been the selling point of the series so far for me (although is also the reason I skipped Assault Squad).

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Tactics Trailer
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Tactics Trailer Jan 24, 2012, 19:33 Parias

space captain wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 19:09:
gilly775 wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:38:
Really no different than something like Silent Storm and that was pretty fun. I'm sure they did that to appease to newcomers.

what?? its entirely different than SS, which was just like JA2 where you dont see enemies until your units actually "see" or hear them

Yes, exactly - SS was completely based around a hearing system as well. What're you talking about?

I share the same concerns about the fog of war - maybe this is just a difficulty level thing.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2?
11. Re: Company of Heroes 2? Dec 20, 2011, 13:34 Parias

I've always had a ton of fun with the Company of Heroes and Dawn of War releases, but I'd really kill for Homeworld 3.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates
6. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates Dec 7, 2011, 23:58 Parias

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 21:39:
And like every other DRM that decided crap like this would be a great idea, many legit users will have this pop up...

Far as I know, FADE was pretty reliable and only kicked in for truly illegitimate copies of Armed Assault and such - unless I'm mistaken.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
6. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Nov 17, 2011, 16:47 Parias

I'm both happy and somewhat disappointed to see them toning down the 'asshole physics' that Max Payne 2 had; knocking bodies around and sending them flying just by continually pumping bullets into them in bullet time was admittedly one of the more entertaining aspects I found the second game had, though it did make the game feel even more like it was from the "Hey! Look! We have physics!" era.

Which it was entitled to at the time, mind you.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Oct 19, 2011, 18:54 Parias

Agreed, I hope this turns out fantastic.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers
3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Sep 30, 2011, 22:05 Parias

A bit, yeah - they were pretty solid experiences though, and those ones did take time to build up a bit of suspense as I recall.

I am really digging the campaign co-op play they're integrating though - that alone has sold me.

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
33. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 20:20 Parias

panbient wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 18:08:
On one hand I'm super jazzed for a new Mechwarrior game. On the other... I really wish they just redid the graphics engine for Mechwarrior2: Mercenaries. To me it was by far the best of the bunch. Full control over your mech company. Full control on what missions you took. Endless replayability with random missions, even once the 'real' campaign was done. No vindication story for some snot nosed noble who preferred slumming it up (are we playing a Hilton?). Just wicked awesome giant robot destruction.

I pretty much agree - I actually really enjoy a scripted, plot-driven campaign (I basically need such a thing to play games these days - I need some underlying sense of purpose as I progress), but Mechwarrior 2 Mercs had it nailed pretty good; you could balance out the main 'plot' missions with random side missions at a whim any time you needed to make some more money. MW4: Mercs sort of did a decent job with this with a gamut of secondary contracts you could pick up, but ultimately just didn't have the same magic. Especially because it didn't offer nearly the same level of control and micro-management.

31. Re: Well... Sep 29, 2011, 17:46 Parias

Shataan wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 17:17:
I`ll believe it when and only when I see it. Hopefully we get an actual incockpit view this time, instead of QuakeWarrior 4s crap HUD view.

That's basically how it's looking - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

Of course we'll see how well that actually holds up upon release.

23. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 13:57 Parias

I wouldn't mind taking on another clan adventure, but what I really miss at some of the bonkers missions from the original games.. like the GBL missions where you had to attack a deep underwater base, or fight off attacks from the top deck of your ship in deep space. Or the missions in MW2 Mercs where you had to guard a gigantic chunk of ice that was being sent to a water-deprived planet on a mercy mission - or where you got kidnapped by invading clan forces and had to escape in a hover-tank.  

11. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 12:47 Parias

The Pyro wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 12:40:
deadearth wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 11:11:
I'm sure it'll end up being a first person shooter with a cover system and regenerating health.

I kid, i kid.

I'm not crazy about EZ-mode cover, but I probably wouldn't mind having mechs that can crouch. They are humanoid after all I can't remember - did MW4 allow mechs to intentionally go prone and shoot from the ground?

No, you're thinking of Heavy Gear 2. MW3 and 4 did have a "crouch" button though.

Yeah, they're announcing this as if it was an all-new project, but what happened to all the stuff they had announced and were working on several months ago? They had a trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw) and everything, then got slapped with a lawsuit over the silly Battletech / Robotech mech design conflict (i.e. the Warhammer). This otherwise sounds like the same thing - they finally got things sorted and are ready to come out of hiding again.

I'm happy this is under development once more, but still paranoid they're going to dumb it down a ton compared to it's predecessors. So long as it doesn't end up like Mech Assault though, I'll bite.

News Comments > Deus Ex Prequel Mod
1. Re: Deus Ex Prequel Mod Sep 28, 2011, 10:16 Parias

Heh - so it's not this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 3 Plans?
6. Re: Kane & Lynch 3 Plans? Sep 27, 2011, 22:04 Parias

Aside from some horrific network code (seriously, how come everything jumps all over the place when me and my friend are playing over LAN in the same room as each other? - what is this, 2001?) I thought Kane and Lynch was pretty fun. I see it being a terrible singleplayer franchise but they were pretty awesome as far as co-operative fun went.  

414 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo