Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 425 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > DCS: UH-1H Huey Beta Access with Preorders
1. Re: DCS: UH-1H Huey Beta Access with Preorders Apr 30, 2013, 21:20 Parias

Oh man, this sounds so awesome - everything I've always wanted out of a DCS ga-

"Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update."

GAAAAH!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed?
23. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 17:03 Parias

Linksil wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 16:13:
Gib: What is wrong with the COD games? Tell me what's sooo bad about them that destroy's the gaming. Now you need to tell me what is actually BAD about the game, not what is bad in your opinion. What about them hurts gaming industry that people should not buy them?

I think this has to do with a number things - i.e. how the COD games tend to involve the same fundamental, simplified gameplay mechanics over and over again without necessarily being revolutionary, and how the massive budgets spent making these games (as well as the money spent by consumers abroad purchasing them) has resulted in this current state of unrealistic publisher expectations for game sales and what's "safe" to develop.

This in turn could be construed as severely stifling creativity and innovation in the industry - a lot of games that could be unique and really cool end up never seeing the light of day, just because publishers would rather play it "safe" and keep pushing out COD games year after year to keep the dudebro demographic happy.

Purely as a game, I actually enjoy the Call of Duty franchise. I'm purely in it for the singleplayer and never bother with the multiplayer at all, but I've always gotten a bit of enjoyment out of the underlying story arches (especially for Modern Warfare 1/2/3) and all the crazy scripted events that happen.

That said, as a game concept I have no problem with Call of Duty and even enjoy it. When I consider the larger-scale impact the franchise has on the industry however, I'm not quite as copacetic.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs in November
15. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:24 Parias

siapnar wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:47:
Anyone expecting this to be a fully open world game like GTA will be dissapointed I think.

I'm sure it'll be more linear and mission based along the lines of LA Noire or Mafia 2, which I don't have a problem with, but some people may expect too much freedom.

Then again, there could be articles I haven't read that counter what I've just said.

Yup, that might be the case - although some of the trailers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsAfK-DSako) seem to indicate the game is supposed to be open-ended rather than being assigned to a fixed mission structure. I expect there's going to be SOME manner of linear mission scripting at least - otherwise they wouldn't have any way to push the plot along - but it doesn't sound like it's going to be as rigid as, say LA:N or M2 were.

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
19. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 14:18 Parias

Wikidd wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 13:46:
Third person squad based tactical shooter makes it sound like Full Spectrum Warrior, which is one of my favourite ever TPS. If it's basically Full Spectrum Warrior in a 50s X-COM universe this might actually be good.

That'd actually be pretty awesome - especially if it had the co-op play. FSW really was a lot of fun (especially Ten Hammers), if a touch unforgiving.

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
13. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 12:17 Parias

McSterls wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 10:39:
Is there anything in this trailer that makes you think the game will be fun? I didn't see anything.

Yes - the fact that they're putting some effort behind the feeling and atmosphere of the game rather than it just being a raw run and gun shooter.

I agree with the concern over the lack of actual gameplay footage and there's still every chance this may turn out terrible, but this does seem like it now might have a chance of being interesting.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Monaco
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Monaco Apr 25, 2013, 12:01 Parias

Axis wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 11:41:
No mouse support. Fuck I'm so sick of these port noobs, seriously no wonder games are so shit anymore they're being made by xbox tweens...

Game might be good. Game might work fine with a controller. But I won't spend a dime on this kinda shit even if it is an indie...

Am I being too tough on it...?

Does the game actually need a mouse to play properly - would it benefit from it? It's kind of unclear from the gameplay footage.

Edit: Ah, okay - just saw HoSpanky's comments above.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage
6. Re: Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage Apr 24, 2013, 18:49 Parias

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 18:37:
TurdFergasun wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 17:45:
awesome, will be day 1 purchase unless they offer a deal on pre-ordering, one of the very few games i'd consider taking that risk on.

I'm with you. I know it will be buggy, but I'll pay them to play it until it's fixed. I just enjoy these games that much.

Agreed here as well.... although, is there any word yet on if this one will have a co-op campaign like Shogun 2? That was the primary feature that enabled me to convince a friend to buy it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 20:43 Parias

Actually, I'm really pumped about a Star Trek-oriented shooter that has a strong focus on co-op play... I know a lot of people think this will turn out mediocre (particularly as a singleplayer title), but I'm thinking it might actually be genuinely fun at a weekend LAN party.  

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
13. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 19:00 Parias

PHJF wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 17:55:
The "story" they were going for is COMPLETELY impenetrable, in no small part because it's loaded with from-Russian text and there aren't any "characters" to speak of. There's no explanation as to who or what anything is or why they are doing whatever it is they are doing.

Yeah, that's my concern, and exactly matches the feeling we got during our brief co-op stint - we had a really hard time getting into the experience just because of how nothing was explained, and how abstracted the whole experience was. It was just a really difficult kind of story to get immersed into.

Maybe it would work better if I tried it in singleplayer. I'm the last person to slam a game for trying a unique approach to story (and I don't mind a complicated, fiddly interface at all) so maybe I'll just have to give it another spin with a different frame of mind.

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
6. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 17:30 Parias

I was sort of curious about the story angle too. I tried it in co-op with some friends briefly, but the game's plot felt very.... well, foreign, and awkwardly presented. If under the surface there actually is a strong, compelling story under there, I'll definitely have to go back and sink some more time into it.  

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
19. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 15:17 Parias

Sleep wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 12:56:
I quite fancy one actually - mixed with an oculus rift and it should be quite immersive. Not for everyone obviously, but if youve got the spare cash why not. Youre not going to be using it in online fps games unless you want to break bones / have a cardiac arrest, but until a holodeck comes along this'll do.

Exactly - I'm very excited for this sort of concept for gaming. Hoping this tech turns out well, as I'll probably end up getting one to go with my OR.

Edit: But ONLY if a Robot Jox game comes out to go with it.

News Comments > Leviathan: Warships Jazzy Trailer
7. Re: Leviathan: Warships Jazzy Trailer Apr 17, 2013, 23:04 Parias

Yup, sold - almost completely from this awesome trailer alone. The promise of co-op play made up the last 10%.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 18 More Games
1. Re: Steam Greenlights 18 More Games Apr 17, 2013, 13:54 Parias

Nice! Glad to see Cradle made it (and that it's actually still in development).  

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
36. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 13:15 Parias

PropheT wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:51:
Darks wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:46:
Whatís offensive to me is when some junkie kid screams about needing controller support for a pc game. Yes that is offensive. You want to play with a controller go play on your console. Itís that simple. If you donít own one, then stop trying to turn your pc into one.

Games have been using controllers on PC for pretty much as long as consoles have had them. Joysticks used to be a must-have PC peripheral for any serious gamer. Is it really worth getting mad about what someone else uses on their PC, especially when there's nothing to base the idea on that keyboard and mouse are the only way to game on the platform?

Yeah - for games like GTA4, Saints Row 3, etc, I'll generally keep a gamepad handy to switch to for the driving bits because analog control makes driving a lot more fun than using the digital inputs of a keyboard. I'll then switch back to keyboard and mouse when I get out of a vehicle for the action bits.

And of course I still keep my Saitek X52 around when the urge to play Freespace 2 or DCS:A-10 strikes me - I couldn't picture playing those games any other way.

Edit: Doh, didn't realize this had already spanned onto a second page.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 16:21 Parias

I just want to tool around in the 3D ship interiors with my friends - the ability to have a Millennium Falcon-esque transport with a fully detailed interior, mannable gun turrets, and even a launchable mini-fighter sounds very, very awesome. Lump in the prospects for co-op play and I'm completely sold.  

News Comments > Flashback HD Officially Announced
4. Re: Flashback HD Officially Announced Apr 11, 2013, 09:43 Parias

Wraith wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 09:28:
Seriously? Who gives a fuck? Putting a pretty face on 25 year old gameplay is lazy as fuck.

The world has moved on since then and while Flashback was barely acceptable for its day, right now it - and Another World - are ancient relics best forgotten.

It's just a platform game and by today's standards a somewhat mediocre one at that.

I disagree - I'd gladly pay for an updated copy of this (although not a huge amount). Maybe this is just the nostalgia talking though.

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 PC Specs
9. Re: Resident Evil 6 PC Specs Apr 3, 2013, 14:41 Parias

Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 13:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 12:17:
Siygess wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 10:59:
Somewhere along the line Capcom decided to trade the bad camera angles for a third person camera, the creepy music for Explosions!!1! and kept the jump scares (and always to some degree, the bad controls). It's still the same sort of game in the same sort of universe with the same sort of atmosphere and the same sort of problems. It just gets harder to love it with each iteration

Second, co-op / AI buddy. This has been one of the big issues I have had since Zero and that lame character-swapping system but has become much worse. It defeats the purpose of Survival Horror in most cases.

Sorry, but some of us really enjoy Coop. that is one of the biggest selling points for me when I buy a game. If you donít like it, then donít buy it, itís that simple.

I have to agree - co-op was the selling point of Resident Evil 5 for me (the way it integrated so smoothly into the main campaign) and is the primary reason I still boot it up for an occasional playthrough with a friend to this day.

News Comments > Torchlight II Patch Adds Editor; Steamworks
18. Re: Torchlight II Patch Adds Editor; Steamworks Apr 2, 2013, 13:43 Parias

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 10:21:
I wonder if I'm the only one asking this in the gaming world, but, what on earth do people get out of mods that can alter a game to such extent,

I mean, to people enjoy modding so that they can simply press X and have the whole 20 screens of monsters around them just vanish? Perhaps I am misunderstanding modding, and just think of it as a spoiler cheat cartridge.

You're definitely misunderstanding. Consider that the Team Fortress series started out as a mod for Quake.

News Comments > Hardware Debut Trailer
3. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 20:53 Parias

I was incredibly excited for this until I read "persistent multiplayer game" -- is this not going to have a singleplayer storyline?  

News Comments > Guns of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Kickstarter
2. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Kickstarter Mar 27, 2013, 00:47 Parias

Yup, agreed - I would really love this as a co-op game that I could just sit down with a small group of friends to enjoy during a LAN party.  

425 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo