Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 497 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Video
2. Re: Overwatch Video May 27, 2015, 18:17 Parias

Is it really that huge of a deal? I don't really mind it so much if it goes with the art style - seems to fit OK here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
4. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 21, 2015, 13:49 Parias

Shineyguy wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:45:
nin wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:40:
Parias wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:30:
Hell yes! I loved Carmageddon 1 / 2 so much back in the day.

I heard the prior beta versions had some performance problems though -- have they fixed them yet?

I tried it again a few months ago and it was still severely piggish. I don't have very high expectations...

Beta ran awesome for me. i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz, 16gb ram, GTX 780 SLI 2560x1440 all maxed out (I don't use AA, or enable only lowest FXAA).

Sounds good to me - I've got a pair of R9 290's so it sounds like I don't have to worry too much about performance then. Will probably pick this up.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
1. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 21, 2015, 13:30 Parias

Hell yes! I loved Carmageddon 1 / 2 so much back in the day.

I heard the prior beta versions had some performance problems though -- have they fixed them yet?

News Comments > Overwatch Video
8. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 11:02 Parias

Wow, the diverse characters make this look kinda fun - I like the art style too, and the way the different first person animations give each character a different feel.

Might be one of the first competitive FPS games in awhile that I'll actually take seriously.

News Comments > Visceral's Han Solo Game?
7. Re: Visceral's Han Solo Game? May 9, 2015, 20:39 Parias

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 9, 2015, 19:09:
I somewhat agree... Dead Space 2 was amazing, Dead Space 3 was a big step backwards though. Why oh why, with all these amazing crafting options, are we limited to two guns in DS3, when DS1 and 2 allowed 4 guns each with 2 modes of fire? Etc. etc.

On the other hand, putting co-op play into Dead Space 3 the way they did was a really cool move - I keep booting it up every few months to go through it with a friend just because it's so much fun.

As for this Star Wars game... why can't they bring back 1313?

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer
6. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer May 7, 2015, 22:58 Parias

thecakeisalie wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:15:
It's a very fun turn-based miniature game in real life. I've got the boxed set and an Imperial Navy fleet for the odd time I can actually find someone to play.

However, I'm not sure how well this is going to translate into a RTS. The rule set is designed from the ground-up to be a very complicated and tactical TURN-BASED system. Giving Battlefleet: Gothic the Homeworld treatment could backfire spectacularly. I don't think making it into an RTS is going to satisfy the purists and if it's not done well enough, it will turn off casual gamers from ever gaining an interest in the real life game (which is probably Games Workshop's hope).

I agree the trailer is pretty underwhelming. It would have been nice if they'd shown a close up the Chaos fleet or maybe a Nova Cannon firing or something or some fighter and bomber wings launching from one of the ships.

Forgive me as I only have basic knowledge of the tabletop 40k games, but didn't Relic do a pretty good job with the Warhammer franchise with the Dawn of War games? They took the universe and made a pretty decent RTS out of it. Although their stuff was all ground combat and didn't involve any of the space battle components.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 22:17 Parias

PHJF wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:35:
Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing.

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

My LAN party of four had some initial problems, but then I found the option to start a closed / private session (go into story mode first, then choose the online option) which made multiplayer mode load instantly and resolved almost all of our issues.

After that, heist missions between the four of us were no problem - and also an insane amount of fucking fun.

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
15. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 14:40 Parias

Flatline wrote on May 7, 2015, 14:28:
ViRGE wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:28:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:24:
Needs: Bridge Commander and Klingon Academy. I enjoyed KA way, way, way more than BC.
Agreed. If you're going to release a Star Trek collection I guess you need to include Starfleet Academy, but it wasn't a very good game (the phasers weren't even phasers!). Klingon Academy was vastly superior as far as gameplay goes.

On the other hand, I'm glad they've included 25th and Judgement to start things off. Those are some excellent games all-around.

Klingon Academy was a Taldren game if memory serves. At least, they used all the models from Starfleet Command.

Nah, Klingon Academy was an Interplay / 14 Degrees East endeavour AFAIK - Taldren wasn't involved. I don't think they could just bring over the SFC models either because they needed ships that were a lot more detailed for the "ginsu" model the game had -- the functionality that let ships dynamically break up into different chunks and pieces based on damage received.

8. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 13:30 Parias

harlock wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:12:
still waiting for a modern version of Bridge Commander...

http://www.stexcalibur.com/

1. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 12:38 Parias

25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites were pretty awesome adventure games. If you're a Star Trek fan and never played them before, it's worth giving them a spin.  

News Comments > New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016
15. Re: New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016 May 6, 2015, 00:10 Parias

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2015, 19:31:
And nary a shite was given thrice times!

About a new Mirror's Edge? No way, totally looking forward to the sequel for that. Assuming they don't completely fuck it up.

News Comments > Spark Unlimited Closing
4. Re: Spark Unlimited Closing May 5, 2015, 12:38 Parias

I thought Lost Planet 3 was pretty good actually - they tried to make something in the franchise that actually had a coherent storyline to it.

Although the removal of co-op play (the reason I still play Lost Planet 2 to this day) was unforgivable.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 10:47 Parias

JayDeath wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:56:
Is the majority even using the first person view? It looks great but I find it very awkward and sloppy when moving.

I totally do - I love it for driving vehicles in particular, but haven't had too much trouble with the shooting action either.

It does get pretty awkward when you're trying to use cover though and things keep shifting around.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 27, 2015, 12:01 Parias

Keilun wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:57:
Parias wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:38:
It sounds like they're FINALLY trying proper campaign co-op with this one though, so I'm intrigued.

This. I basically only play co-op games these days but the choices and moreover their implementations leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps I'm a minority audience (as many devs would have me believe).

My only concern here is that the SP campaigns in CoD games has been mixed and typically short. I actually picked up CoD:Ghost for cheap on a Steam sale and enjoyed the campaign but I must have finished it in 3 hrs. I think the most fun I've had in a coop shooter was Splinter Cell: Conviction which had its own separate coop campaign which lasted me closer to 10-12 hrs.

God I loved co-op in the Splinter Cell games. So many good memories - especially the final co-op bit in Conviction.

But yeah, I agree - it'll probably be short, but if it's the same kind of intense, story-oriented scripted experience we get in singleplayer then I expect it should still be a lot of fun. I look forward to setting up in my friend's basement and blasting through it together in a day.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2015, 12:32.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 27, 2015, 11:38 Parias

It sounds like they're FINALLY trying proper campaign co-op with this one though, so I'm intrigued.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 11:01 Parias

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:40:
That's why I fear Star Citizen will suck. You never needed a HOTAS set up to play Wing Commander. I beat all the games with just a Keyboard.

Star Citizen already plays fine with a keyboard / mouse - if you read the forums, people have actually been bitching constantly about the ongoing balance struggle between KB&M and joystick users (namely because mouse users arguably have more precision). You don't need a HOTAS.

And you don't need a HOTAS for Elite: Dangerous either. It similarly plays fine with keyboard & mouse.

News Comments > Uncanny Valley Thursday
2. Re: Uncanny Valley Thursday Apr 21, 2015, 17:37 Parias

I don't know - looks kinda interesting to me. I might check it out. I'm not really worried about a game's particular art style, so long as the gameplay and storyline's good.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
43. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 16:22 Parias

So I've got two other friends excited about playing the heist content co-operatively. Are the heist missions friendly for three players, or do we need to line up more people to actually play them?  

News Comments > EFF vs ESA on DMCA for Abandoned Games
14. Re: EFF vs ESA on DMCA for Abandoned Games Apr 9, 2015, 21:31 Parias

LurkerLito wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 15:21:
I seriously want these exemptions to go through. I mean seriously, just look at NOLF. People are willing to buy it, but not a single publisher is sure if they actually own the IP or the old game for that matter, so no one can even put out a GoG version. It's 100% abandoned, and no one can claim ownership to even put out the old version for sale. I think once something like that happens, the IP should immediately drop to Public Domain.

Yes - NOLF is an excellent example for why this needs to happen.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2 Apr 9, 2015, 21:30 Parias

Did they get multiplayer into this yet?  

497 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo