Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 414 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat MISERY Mod
2. Re: New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat MISERY Mod Jul 31, 2013, 20:40 Parias

How is this compared to CoP: Complete?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Details
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Details Jul 31, 2013, 17:25 Parias

Full co-op support \\would definitely have been a much nicer reveal. As it stands, this sounds like a bit of a novelty... but I don't see myself playing it. Such a missed opportunity.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
6. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 29, 2013, 17:00 Parias

LittleMe wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 16:54:
Awesome. The engine improvements are essential. The clunky engine was holding gameplay back. I hope there will be a good selection of coop missions.

Is this one actually going to have proper co-op missions though? If I recall right, the last Assault Squad was all about competitive multiplayer - even the vs-AI matches were just generic variations of the standard competitive gameplay.

Assault Squad was a departure from the rest of the series in that it really didn't have any singleplayer / storyline content (and didn't have any proper co-op content to go along with it) - it was my least favorite in the series because of that. Did they ever end up adding in proper co-op content to Assault Squad, and will they be taking a different approach with the new game?

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
5. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 16:04 Parias

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 15:52:
I love the drama. It's like Derek Smart is alive again.

Wait, Derek Smart is still alive, isn't he.

Derek Smart.

He is, but checking up on his recent activity he's apparently really mellowed out. I think the days of the old DS drama-bombs are way past. He was recently interacting with the Freespace 2 community again in a way different manner than several years ago (where he was "threatening" to buy the Freespace license just to spite them) for example.

This activity from Phil Fish is sort of both tragic and amusing to read about though. This is what happens when you get the idea that the internet actually is serious business.

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
1. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 27, 2013, 13:44 Parias

"Single player campaign based on the "Sin of Damnation" Space Hulk Take on the Sin of Damnation campaign, which includes 3 brand new prequel missions and the 12 missions from the classic board game."

Is this campaign going to be co-operative too - or will the game's multiplayer only be competitive / head to head?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 20:46 Parias

ItBurn wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 17:31:
You guys are telling me that you actually enjoy the COD-style single player campaigns? I mean, I liked the first COD and the first modern warfare, but I mean, seriously? You want more of that?

Sure - if it's done well, I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of a decently-scripted singleplayer campaign than out of a multiplayer shooter. BF3 is a bit of an exception for me because I find the multiplayer is fun regardless, but singleplayer will always be my primary choice over competitive gameplay.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 20:23:
Wow, I'm surprised there is so much BF4 Single player support on here. Even if you do like the campaign, are you honestly going to play it more than once?

Yeah, why not? I've had more than a few playthroughs of singleplayer for the COD series - I thought the singleplayer campaigns were pretty well done. Every few months when I let the singleplayer memories fade, I'll boot them up for another playthrough.

Again, I also don't particularly disagree with the sentiment that singleplayer is a bit of an odd fit for the Battlefield franchise - I understand and in some respects agree with the argument that these resources could be better spent making an improved multiplayer instead. But it doesn't seem like it's going to go away, and what I've seen so far doesn't seem terrible - I'll probably have fun playing it. My argument being, there ARE definitely gamers out there who enjoy (and even prefer) a singleplayer experience and don't see this as a bad thing. An odd fit, perhaps, but not a bad thing.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 17:03 Parias

Yup - I'm actually one of the few people out there who didn't mind BF3's singleplayer campaign. I do find it a bit of an odd fit when so much of this feels like it might be "just another shooter", but I don't find the concept terrible.

It'd be even nicer if the campaign proper supported co-op, mind you... I have a lot more fun with scripted campaigns like this when I can do it with a friend.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Balance Changes
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Balance Changes Jul 9, 2013, 21:19 Parias

PHJF wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 20:48:

Hats.

Haha, well played.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
79. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 17:41 Parias

bhcompy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 17:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:48:
It's even worse as there aren't any girls to play, I mean why not? Story works fine whether char is male or female but they obviously thought 3 dudes is the way to go..

To me Saints Row is far superior exactly because of that. I want over the top open world action gameplay with toppings of insanity and awesome.. not a realistic crime simulation with 3 unlikable dudes that takes itself sooooo damn serious. But I guess some people like this... to me there is nothing more boring ;/

Must be an age or cultural thing

GTA4 was a story told through the character and Niko was the protagonist. It's crafted around his life, where he is, who he is, etc. It's not an MMO and throwing a_random_person00 into a generic story quest. If you don't like that, don't play GTA. You probably won't like any Metal Gear games, either.

Exactly this - having static characters is integral for the kind of story they're going for.

And I've enjoyed both Saints Row and the Grand Theft Auto series, but for different reasons. If I want something more light-hearted to laugh at, I'll play Saints Row. If I feel like something with (a bit) more character development and backstory at the time, I'll play GTA. But at the end of the day, is it that bizarre that I happen to be able to enjoy both?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:02 Parias

So is this going to have co-op multiplayer? The character switching mechanic practically begs for it.  

News Comments > Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC
18. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 9, 2013, 09:32 Parias

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 08:50:
I think BL2 was really what the first game should have been but it was still far from what I'd consider a great game. The game in general needs more depth to its combat systems, it's too damned repetitive and grindy. So many reskinned abilities and other nonsense when they have huge variety in other areas is really confusing too.

I disagree, but I've also only ever played both games in co-op mode with the difficulty cranked up, where all the different abilities and customization options complement each other nicely. I think if I played this strictly as a singleplayer title then I could see how it might get a bit repetitive, but the game absolutely flies in co-op mode.

News Comments > Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC
5. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 8, 2013, 21:56 Parias

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 21:13:
Damn man, how much more milk is left in this cow?

Honestly though, the DLC for Borderlands 2 hasn't been bad so far - the laughs I've gotten from playing it have been worthwhile. I know why Gearbox gets bashed a lot lately, but this feels like it should be the exception to the rule.

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
12. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 16:17 Parias

Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:11:
I still strongly believe this game won't become available for PCs. They pulled this fucker with RDR, and they'll do it with GTA5.

Every other GTA game has hit PC though - why not this one?

And to that end - wasn't RDR technically made by a separate group?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:22 Parias

On the one hand: neat

On the other hand...am I seeing this correctly - is this listed as single-player only? Where's the multiplayer? Where's my co-op?

Edit: OK - allegedly it's coming in the future:

"Future features will include Linux support and Steamworks supported online play."

News Comments > The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow
8. Re: The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow Jul 2, 2013, 14:08 Parias

Yeah - there were a couple of technical issues, but I'm surprised at all the negativity being thrown at this game... all said and done, it was one of the best and most compelling adventure games I had played in awhile. From my own experience I thankfully didn't run into all that many issues either.

I understand how problems with the save-carryover system would have been extremely frustrating though - I just feel compelled to put some additional words down that the series wasn't ALL terrible - quite the opposite in fact.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter Canceled
13. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter Canceled Jun 24, 2013, 17:11 Parias

m0deth wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 17:03:
All these things being said and so far, nobody mentions that Heavy Gear sucked. Period.

I tried real hard to like it when it had an SP game, but it always wreaked of second-rate "we're just like Mechwarrior" bandwagon jumping, even back then.

I rather enjoyed it Even with the campy FMV cutscenes. The soundtrack for HG1 was pretty awesome (still listen to it to this day) and I thought the missions had pretty good atmosphere to them.

I thought HG2 was a lot of fun as well, just fell quite a bit short of it's potential.

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Next Week
10. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 15:49 Parias

Strango wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 11:23:
InBlack wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 10:28:
Well that was pretty quick....Damn I better get the alpha soon. Hopefully its not a shameless money grab and there is substance to the actual game (once its released) because as far as I can see there are only showcase missions. Will there actually be a story campaign in the release version???

There is a single player campaign in the works, but it won't be put out until the full release.

"During the singleplayer campaign, the player will take the role of a British Special Forces soldier, Captain Scott Miller. Initially, the player must survive on their own after friendly forces are defeated in a failed NATO operation. During the campaign, the player will face everything from lone wolf infiltration missions to the commanding of large scale armored operations. The player will be able to choose different objectives and weaponry (such as UAVs, artillery, and air support) according to their play style."

Will this campaign have co-op play like Arma 2's? That was what made it the most enjoyable.

News Comments > Deadpool Trailer
8. Re: Deadpool Trailer Jun 20, 2013, 18:47 Parias

ViRGE wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 17:43:
Rattlehead wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 17:36:
This game looks terrible....another cheap license cash in. Why do people keep buying this crap?
Really? I think it looks fun, though I'm definitely waiting to see some reviews.

I was thinking the same thing - it may not be a top-tier blockbuster hit, but what exactly about it looks so horrible?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2013, 16:18 Parias

Damnit - I got all excited when I saw Terminal Velocity for Android listed in that first link, thinking it was a port of that awesome classic DOS game.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Footage
12. Re: Shadow Warrior Footage Jun 16, 2013, 00:10 Parias

Also filing this under "better than I expected". Will have to see how this turns out.  

414 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo