Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 407 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
28. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 12:53 Parias

Gadzooks wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 12:39:
I think this could be the X game Ive been waiting for... glad its finally here. The only thing it seems to be missing is the ability to play co-op.

Yeah - for some bizarre reason the community is vehemently against any kind of multiplayer in the X-Universe games. Not sure why as being able to team up with a friend in the prior games would have been totally awesome. You wouldn't have to change much of the gameplay - just give me and my friend the same persistent universe to tromp around in so I could sit on the bridge of my capital ship and bark orders while my friend launches in a fighter wing and zips around, or things like that...

Sigh, guess I'll have to wait until Star Citizen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
25. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 12:22 Parias

Drayth wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 12:11:
I was a little dissapointed to follow a freighter through a jump gate and not see it on the other side, so some things are being spawned on the fly...

Really? It should be tracking them between sectors - each NPC ship should be persistent. Unless that was a limitation of the first X game I've forgotten about.

News Comments > 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned
7. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:07 Parias

Disappointing to hear - I was really looking forward to giving this a spin.  

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 15:14 Parias

Fletch wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 14:50:
Just how do zombies become zombies?

Maybe they're going with Walking Dead mentality?

News Comments > GTA Online Trailer
31. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 19:00 Parias

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 18:35:
One thing to be leery about is that the Max Payne 3 MP was/is horrid......

Horrid in a technical sense, or a gameplay sense?

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
12. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 11:46 Parias

Holy crap, co-op play? I'll definitely give this a spin.  

News Comments > Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR
32. Re: Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR Aug 9, 2013, 18:00 Parias

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:40:
You can't compare OR to a graphics card.

A better comparison would be trackIR. When I got my trackIR 5 years ago I thought it was amazing. But eventually I stopped using it because..I had to wear a cap to play games..it made movement slower etc. Became bit of a chore. I will always acknowledge how good trackIR is, but to be honest I hardly actually used it.

Do you not play many flight sims? I find DCS: A-10 basically unplayable without my TrackIR (now that I've spent enough time with it).

News Comments > Strife Announced
29. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 15:22 Parias

Necrophob wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:37:
Ant wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:10:
I remember old Strife FPS game, but I didn't like it.

I didn't like the demo either. It felt more like a Doom mod to me. But maybe I just wasn't ready for rpg in my fps? Any of the opengl doom ports support Strife?

Apparently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXnoux4JMQ

News Comments > Strife Announced
9. Re: Strife Announced Aug 8, 2013, 23:00 Parias

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 20:07:
Aero wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 20:06:
Wasn't their an FPS in development way back when (mid nineties) that was going to be called "Strife?" Not that this has anything to do with anything here, but the name triggered that memory and I can't place it.

Doom engine based. It was released. It may or may not have had RPG elements. No one bought it.

If by "No one" you mean "people who enjoyed awesome games".

Came into this thread expecting a remake of the classic Strife FPS and was disappointed. =\ Not that I lose sleep thinking the world NEEDS such a thing, but.... I was expecting something new sharing the same name to be more than a MOBA.

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
87. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 8, 2013, 13:10 Parias

InBlack wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 04:11:
I was seriously considering getting one for DCS, but currently DCS doesnt support it 'officialy' and there is the thing about fidelity. Im not sure that the detail is high enough to spot bogeys at any reasonable distance and to discern the different avionics instruments without zoom. Right now Im playing DCS @ 1080p with a 23' monitor and I still have to use quite a bit of zoom every now and again. I guess Im going to wait for the commercial version.

Is there word yet on if DCS will ever end up getting "official" OR support?

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
20. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 8, 2013, 12:23 Parias

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 11:23:
I love the idea of Arma, but I don't like the missions. I want a game like Hidden and Dangerous. It had awesome missions. Go to a village and kill enemies isn't a mission...

Heh, Hidden & Dangerous was a lot of fun, and had some awesome campaign co-op back in the day. I agree - a lot of the mini-missions in the Arma aren't entirely appealing to me either; I'd rather have a larger-scale campaign to play with.

Which of course is still coming for this game soon after launch for this game, but I hear the campaign won't have a co-op mode? That's a big bummer.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 Clues?
24. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 3 Clues? Aug 6, 2013, 14:21 Parias

I never felt Half-Life 2 was overrated, but I also loved the hell out of the story. I'd love to see Half-Life 3 just because I've rarely seen other games that can immerse me so well in the experience.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Support Plans
11. Re: Shadowrun Returns Support Plans Aug 5, 2013, 00:34 Parias

saluk wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 22:40:
The save system still kind of sucks... But in the snes remake mod you basically get a free autosave on every map transition, so the lack of a proper save can be easily worked around. Almost every limitation in the engine looks like it can be worked around in mods, which is a great sign.

When are they going to fix that anyway? Having to replay 30 minutes of content because of a lucky shot that killed me just destroys any kind of immersion / fun I have. I only keep going back to it because it's an awesome game otherwise - manual saving would sure be nice though.

News Comments > New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat MISERY Mod
2. Re: New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat MISERY Mod Jul 31, 2013, 20:40 Parias

How is this compared to CoP: Complete?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Details
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Details Jul 31, 2013, 17:25 Parias

Full co-op support \\would definitely have been a much nicer reveal. As it stands, this sounds like a bit of a novelty... but I don't see myself playing it. Such a missed opportunity.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
6. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 29, 2013, 17:00 Parias

LittleMe wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 16:54:
Awesome. The engine improvements are essential. The clunky engine was holding gameplay back. I hope there will be a good selection of coop missions.

Is this one actually going to have proper co-op missions though? If I recall right, the last Assault Squad was all about competitive multiplayer - even the vs-AI matches were just generic variations of the standard competitive gameplay.

Assault Squad was a departure from the rest of the series in that it really didn't have any singleplayer / storyline content (and didn't have any proper co-op content to go along with it) - it was my least favorite in the series because of that. Did they ever end up adding in proper co-op content to Assault Squad, and will they be taking a different approach with the new game?

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
5. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 16:04 Parias

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 15:52:
I love the drama. It's like Derek Smart is alive again.

Wait, Derek Smart is still alive, isn't he.

Derek Smart.

He is, but checking up on his recent activity he's apparently really mellowed out. I think the days of the old DS drama-bombs are way past. He was recently interacting with the Freespace 2 community again in a way different manner than several years ago (where he was "threatening" to buy the Freespace license just to spite them) for example.

This activity from Phil Fish is sort of both tragic and amusing to read about though. This is what happens when you get the idea that the internet actually is serious business.

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
1. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 27, 2013, 13:44 Parias

"Single player campaign based on the "Sin of Damnation" Space Hulk Take on the Sin of Damnation campaign, which includes 3 brand new prequel missions and the 12 missions from the classic board game."

Is this campaign going to be co-operative too - or will the game's multiplayer only be competitive / head to head?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 20:46 Parias

ItBurn wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 17:31:
You guys are telling me that you actually enjoy the COD-style single player campaigns? I mean, I liked the first COD and the first modern warfare, but I mean, seriously? You want more of that?

Sure - if it's done well, I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of a decently-scripted singleplayer campaign than out of a multiplayer shooter. BF3 is a bit of an exception for me because I find the multiplayer is fun regardless, but singleplayer will always be my primary choice over competitive gameplay.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 20:23:
Wow, I'm surprised there is so much BF4 Single player support on here. Even if you do like the campaign, are you honestly going to play it more than once?

Yeah, why not? I've had more than a few playthroughs of singleplayer for the COD series - I thought the singleplayer campaigns were pretty well done. Every few months when I let the singleplayer memories fade, I'll boot them up for another playthrough.

Again, I also don't particularly disagree with the sentiment that singleplayer is a bit of an odd fit for the Battlefield franchise - I understand and in some respects agree with the argument that these resources could be better spent making an improved multiplayer instead. But it doesn't seem like it's going to go away, and what I've seen so far doesn't seem terrible - I'll probably have fun playing it. My argument being, there ARE definitely gamers out there who enjoy (and even prefer) a singleplayer experience and don't see this as a bad thing. An odd fit, perhaps, but not a bad thing.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 17:03 Parias

Yup - I'm actually one of the few people out there who didn't mind BF3's singleplayer campaign. I do find it a bit of an odd fit when so much of this feels like it might be "just another shooter", but I don't find the concept terrible.

It'd be even nicer if the campaign proper supported co-op, mind you... I have a lot more fun with scripted campaigns like this when I can do it with a friend.

407 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo