Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 425 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 18:54 Parias

Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:19:
nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:46:
Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?

It is, but someone was saying it's a bit wonky the way (according to them) you lose your points at the start of Link (like before) but then you go back to your old tree/points once the DLC is over...if that makes sense.

Does. Guess they considered it had to be done for game balance instead of re-tuning the level. Wonky, but forgiveable.

Agreed - still way better than having to play through the main game and manually switch executables at the "right" time to jump into the DLC content at the correct point of the story.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month
9. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 16:59 Parias

I remember this being an incredibly cool game back when I played it - I'm glad this is coming out to PC now. Looking forward to replaying it.  

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
21. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 16:39 Parias

Flak wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 14:08:
...really? BF3 single player was probably flat-out the worst single player experience I can remember of the last 5-10 years.

I thought it was fun

Not perfect, but definitely not "the the worst single player experience I can remember". That's basically saying BF3's singleplayer was worse than A:CM, a sentiment which I find incredibly hard to agree with.

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
4. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 11:06 Parias

Will there be more sadistic rat stabbings?  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
21. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 12:28 Parias

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:30:
HL1 was ground breaking, 2 was a solid game but what most everyone was doing. And unless 3 has something game-changing, it's just going to be more of the same, but in the HL universe.

That's just fine with me - I'll buy HL3 just because I want to see how the story ends.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 27, 2013, 14:52 Parias

I don't know - after watching the video I actually thinking having a wrist-computer-thing always available would be kinda cool from a nerdy standpoint. I wouldn't go as far as surgery for it (and I probably wouldn't use an iPod), but in general I wouldn't mind having something like that.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
33. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 14:04 Parias

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 13:39:
GTFO. X is probably the most horrible space sim there is outside of Evochron Mercenary, Freespace 2, Xwing vs. Tie fighter and oldschool wing commander are greater then anything X or independence war could ever hope to achieve.

Hey now, leave my little Independence War out of this... it was a fun underrated franchise. It's like you're kicking a puppy!

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
25. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 19:06 Parias

Quboid wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 18:48:

But then either they spend less time on other parts of the game, or throw more people at it which can cause more problems.

That's fair - at least as far as pre-release development goes.

Post-release however, I'd gladly pay money for an addon that enables multiplayer (when they have the resources to do it properly).

23. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 18:43 Parias

Quboid wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:46:
I think the community is worried about it being watered down by multiplayer - it's a big game and Egosoft's attention is needed in many places. Going by their previous games, the last thing they need is even more scope and while some sort of multiplayer would be cool, I'm glad they're not stretching themselves any further.

It doesn't necessarily have to be watered down though - just give us the same experience we already have, but with the ability to do it with a friend co-operatively. I know a couple of people where that would make this an instant sale.

Instead, they'll end up waiting for Star Citizen.

17. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:37 Parias

Bard wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 16:21:
I'd really love to play this game with a friend or two.

Not talking about massively multiplayer or even dedicated server. Just the ability to be in the same game as a friend and work together.

As would I - but for some bizarre reason the community is vehemently against any kind of multiplayer for the franchise.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 19, 2013, 12:23 Parias

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 08:45:
First gripe: I found a really nice car that had a lot of stats maxed. I tuned it, pimped it, spent a lot of time and money (20k in the game early on is a LOT) and put it in Franklin's garage. I guess that garage is only for his white Dodge Charger? Disappeared. Not in lockup. Sucks.

Was going to use it for racing and rollin'.

Yeah, how is all this supposed to work? If I upgrade my characters car then the upgrades seem to be retained - even if the vehicle disappears or gets lost somewhere (it'll always pop up back at the house again later on). But if I get a different vehicle and lose it (particularly because a triggered mission made it disappear) it'll never come back - even if I had it stored in my garage originally. Makes me really hesitant to invest any kind of money or effort into upgrading vehicles.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
16. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 16:20 Parias

Endo wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 16:02:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:45:
I played the older MechWarrior games long ago, so was curious about this one. However, after watching numerous videos, it looks to be incredibly repetitive. Are you not just doing the same thing over and over again indefinitely?

Yes. And apparently with the changes made throughout the last few months, only sniping builds are viable now. So you're REALLY just doing the same thing over and over indefinitely.

I don't know - I've had plenty of fun loading out a Spider with a flamer and TAG laser, dancing around blinding enemy pilots to disorient / piss them off like a jackass while streams of missiles keep flying into them.

News Comments > Stargunner Free Release
4. Re: Stargunner Free Release Sep 13, 2013, 15:18 Parias

DOSBox works just as well under Windows 7 as it does under XP (if not better) in my experience.  

News Comments > Stargunner Free Release
2. Re: Stargunner Free Release Sep 13, 2013, 11:54 Parias

Agreed, this game was pretty awesome. This is excellent news.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 12:37 Parias

Yeah - I'm really hoping the singleplayer campaign turns out better than Arma2's did. I know that Operation: Arrowhead turned out pretty good though.

The new campaign isn't going to have co-op play though, is it? That's a bummer - If the game's supposed to be mod-friendly, I wonder how hard it'll be to crack open the missions and add co-op support to them?

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
36. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 15:36 Parias

Panickd wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 11:41:
The fact that it sold for so little tells you how much no one cares about yet another spaceship strategy game.

I care. =\

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Early Access
7. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Early Access Sep 7, 2013, 12:18 Parias

Slashman wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 09:17:
Darks wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 01:34:
Tired of games like this that come out and offer no Coop. Wasted opportunity!!

I'm tired of the shallow mindset that multiplayer is the only thing that makes a game worthwhile.

I'm always happy when a developer has enough self-control not to put themselves in over their heads. Trying to add a component that doesn't mesh well with their games just so they can tick a co-op or multiplayer checkbox, is stupid.

I sort of agree. There are a ton of space games out there that would be insanely awesome with co-op play (looking at you, X franchise...). However, the entire game itself should certainly not be considered worthless if co-op play is not included.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 17:23 Parias

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 17:10:
Bought it on GMG for a 20something percent discount. Steam code. So far I cant get past the first tutorial mission (lol) It appears to be bugged, or Im not getting something, when I make it across the ford the game keeps telling me that I need to assist the city garrison but the two forces arent even engaged in combat. Then the mission suddenly ends in failure. Weird.

Tried the Campaign map and so far have only been looking at tabs. Its been such a long time since Ive given any time to this type of game. I think the last Total War game I played was Medieval. So far my impression of Rome II is rather, ehm did I just spend money on this? It feels somehow rather lackluster, but it sure is pretty to look at. Im going to give it a whole lotta more time tomorrow. I kinda remember the Rome I and Medieval to be much more fun.

Bear in mind that if it's anything like Shogun 2, all of the effort will be worth it when you can eventually end up with battles like this.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 16:00 Parias

This game has the campaign co-op mode that Shogun 2 did, right?  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2013, 22:20 Parias

Prez wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 21:11:
Not really related to the topic, but when I hear anything about this game I can't help but remember how excited I was when they released that incredible video some years back. And then how utterly deflated I felt when it was later announced that it was going to be a F2P multiplayer game.

Are you thinking of this one? Me too =\

425 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo