Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 425 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Vox Machinae VR Demo
5. Re: Vox Machinae VR Demo Dec 16, 2014, 00:39 Parias

Screw Mechwarrior Online - THIS is the giant robot experience I've been waiting for!

After trying this in my DK2, this is a must-buy for me as well. The demo alone gave me plenty of entertainment, but I absolutely can't wait to see what they do with all the giant robot mechanics for the final.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 10, 2014, 21:20 Parias

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 21:08:
Wish they'd leave my damn controls alone. Every time I finally get them EXACTLY how I want them, they screw with them again.

Wait until the game's out of beta stage (or "gamma" or whatever) if you don't want configs or other things to be randomly lost when huge patches come out. At least then you won't have people like me telling you to wait until final when you complain

Anyways, it's a really basic problem - back up your control config before upgrading , then re-import afterwards and add one line. Details on this are here , although this understandably doesn't help all that much if you didn't back up your controls before-hand =\ Maybe this will help others at least.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
116. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 14:21 Parias

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 13:59:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 04:21:
Vall Forran wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 01:26:
Agreed. Though it does sound like a bunch of "story" events will be released on launch day. Probably won't be as exciting as it sounds, but I'm curious if they have any tricks up their sleeves.

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about the game. Erm, I just bought in and Im waiting for the 16th. Apparently Im getting a free "Eagle" ship at launch in a secondary location. I was wondering where would this secondary location be located. Also is the Eagle any good? Can I do mercenary bounty hunting missions right from the start or is trading the only way to earn serious cash in the game?

Yes, you get a "freagle". It's kind of weird how they implemented this, but it will spawn in a station (sort of?) near you. There will be a sidewinder graphic over the system it's parked in on your map. It should be within 3 jumps or so. I don't think there's anyway to know specifically where it will be located until you search your galaxy map after you start the game.

The eagle is a fighter ship, but it's really fragile. Most people just skip the eagle and start saving for the cobra or viper. If you're an amazing pilot with some gun upgrades you can do ok...but I got flattened every time someone decent with cobra locked on to me. I actually haven't even been to the station it's stored at, so I don't know if you can outright sell it or not. Viper is what you want if you really want to focus on bounty hunting...it's the higher level of the eagle and not too expensive. Cobra is well rounded for everything.

And don't let people rag on the sidewinder too much. It's a pretty solid little ship.

I've been having an amazing time with my Eagle actually - I love the engine acceleration sound effects and the three weapon hardpoints.

And yes, you can sell the Freagle and will get dollars for it (but won't get any dollars for your starting Sidewinder).

The free one I got has a crappy power plant though, which led to some funny issues when I added a third weapon to the mix; every time I deploy weapons, I run out of power and some systems turn off.

To work around this, I reset my power priorities and set life support down low, so any time I go into combat I have about three minutes to end the battle and cycle my weapons to restore power, or I suffocate. Heh, been too cheap to buy a better power system thus far - I feel this quirk adds personality to the ship.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Omega Released
13. Re: AMD Catalyst Omega Released Dec 10, 2014, 00:18 Parias

Overon wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:08:
I'm in the catalyst control center after installing these drivers. How do I do the supersampling and all other features? I don't see them.

Do you have a video card that supports these features?

Virtual Super Resolution (VSR):

Render games at higher resolution and display them at lower resolution. Up to 4k quality gaming on 1080p HD displays

Smoother textures and edges
Game and Engine agnostic solution
Simulates Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing (SSAA) for games that don't support it
Enabled through AMD Catalyst™ Control Center
Select higher resolution in-game settings
Available on AMD Radeon™ R9 290 series, and AMD Radeon R9 285 GPUs

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
52. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 15:22 Parias

Bundy wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:52:
Wildone wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:40:
IKR and what are the other options? SC is a JOKE so then...???!!

My only grievances are that I dislike how you can't unbind keys. Super annoying when your HOTAS isn't in the default joystick mapping list, and so you have to make your own maps, and make a mistake and set a button wrong.

And the developers (who bend over backwards to respond to just about any major issue) have confirmed this will be fixed here, and here:

Good news! Both the ability to assign yaw left and yaw right (and a bunch of other actions) to axis input and the unbind functionality have been implemented. They are currently being tested internally, but should be available in the next major release.

Cheers,
Jens

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
30. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 7, 2014, 05:43 Parias

Redmask wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 21:06:
This should answer some of the questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i9w6AJxyD18

Wait, what's up with the co-op? I was hoping this might at least make for a fun multiplayer experience, but the only thing that video says is that I'll probably never see my friends.

When I start playing this game during a weekly LAN party with my friends (sitting right next to each other), are we going to be able to meet and work co-operatively at all on anything in the game? If not, what's the point - that sounds terrible!

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
140. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 19:38 Parias

Ludomancer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 19:33:
then in cases like these and with what happened to Oculus, all backers should be refunded.

Wait, what? What happened with Oculus, exactly? Or is this just the "acquired by Facebook" thing you're talking about?

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
7. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 12:51 Parias

This remains a co-op favorite -- every year I'll gather together with two of my friends and we'll do an all-nighter through the game, each playing as one of the three different classes. The game is an insane amount of fun in co-op play - even after we cram too much crap into the elevator to the point of crashing the game between level loads and having to move everything out until we find which object is causing the problem.

With this update finally hitting release form, we'll have another reason to play it again! Definitely looking forward to trying this.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
8. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 11:40 Parias

So many insanely good memories of this game - the cheesy FMVs (which actually presented a half-decent storyline), the gameplay (being able to blow open doors with explosives at the expense of setting off alarms, set people on fire, etc), and the soundtrack... oh man, the soundtrack.

Don't care how old this game is, I think it's time for a fresh playthrough.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
9. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 22:20 Parias

DangerDog wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:29:
So does this freebie include the single player campaign or is it just the multiplayer?

both, it's all inclusive when you install it.

Has anyone ported it to include co-op play yet?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 19, 2014, 12:31 Parias

Rhett wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 22:28:
Still not even sure why they're releasing that... Leave old, awesome memories be. Don't try to reskin them and resell them at full price. :/

Why not? My biggest thing with this is that they're adding network co-op support to Halo 2 (and re-including the work they already did for this in Halo 1 I guess). I've been wanting to replay those games FOREVER with a friend, but I can't stand split-screen play.

Some of the best gaming memories I've had came from playing the Halo games co-operatively with a friend. The fact that they'll finally have the first two games network co-op friendly is worth the price of admission in itself for me.

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
5. Re: Dreadnaught Trailer Oct 16, 2014, 21:37 Parias

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:57:
Dear lord... maybe a game to finally quell my Star Trek Bridge Commander thirst!

But... you don't command from a bridge? (Loved playing Bridge Commander from that view...)

This looks neat, but has a bit of a frantic "circle enemies and mash the power buttons" kind of feel to it which isn't entirely my thing. I'll probably give it a try anyways though.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
22. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 9, 2014, 23:54 Parias

Task wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 20:08:

Also if anyone does get this, do yourself a favor and play it with Japanese audio-english sub, some of the English dub is terrible, except for Lightning maybe, other characters sound whiney/stupid in English.

What're you talking about? The English dubs are some of the best I've heard out of any Final Fantasy game!

News Comments > Space Engineers Free Weekend
4. Re: Space Engineers Free Weekend Oct 9, 2014, 21:29 Parias

I've been waiting on the survival mechanics to get ramped up to really get into this with my LAN party buddies (co-op play in this could be neat, but we need more to do) - but they have started adding tons of automation features that make "AI-controlled" enemy ships a possibility. Someone even modded up an actual survival mission that pits your team against waves of enemy ships and challenges you to keep your base intact.

The latest patch also finally added some decent co-op mechanics for ships - the option for remote-controlled turrets means you can have multiple friends all manning different stations on your ship, controlling different turrets.

This game has a long way to go and is very much still pre-release, but it's getting there,

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
34. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 16:23 Parias

Task wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:23:
I reaaaaly hope they include oculus rift support late.r

There's a group on Reddit that's been trying to figure out a way to hack it into the game manually - seems there's still traces of Rift support in the retail executable.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 6, 2014, 19:19 Parias

Good to see Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising on that Humble Flash Bundle - it was a pretty cool mix between Battlezone (the RTS one) and the classic Carrier Command with a storyline narrated by Tom Baker to boot. Totally worth playing.  

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission
3. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission Sep 29, 2014, 13:26 Parias

This sounds really cool - I'm always down for a decent-looking co-op game. May see about getting my LAN group into this.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 12:57 Parias

No word on proper DK2 support yet? I was hoping they'd get it in for Beta 2...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer
1. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 12:41 Parias

They've changed the flight model quite a bit with this patch - ships are quite a bit less jumpy to fly now, and you don't have to switch modes in order to strafe around anymore (so you can basically fly the same way you do in Elite).

This is also the first introduction of some kind of co-operative play in the game (it's just basic arena / wave combat against AI drones, but it's a start) which I'm looking forward to trying out.

To this end, there's also new "friends list" functionality now for joining other people's sessions, though it's pretty hackish and terrible; they're working on making a proper friends list system for later builds.

425 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo