Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
8. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 11:40 Parias

So many insanely good memories of this game - the cheesy FMVs (which actually presented a half-decent storyline), the gameplay (being able to blow open doors with explosives at the expense of setting off alarms, set people on fire, etc), and the soundtrack... oh man, the soundtrack.

Don't care how old this game is, I think it's time for a fresh playthrough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
9. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 22:20 Parias

DangerDog wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:29:
So does this freebie include the single player campaign or is it just the multiplayer?

both, it's all inclusive when you install it.

Has anyone ported it to include co-op play yet?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 19, 2014, 12:31 Parias

Rhett wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 22:28:
Still not even sure why they're releasing that... Leave old, awesome memories be. Don't try to reskin them and resell them at full price. :/

Why not? My biggest thing with this is that they're adding network co-op support to Halo 2 (and re-including the work they already did for this in Halo 1 I guess). I've been wanting to replay those games FOREVER with a friend, but I can't stand split-screen play.

Some of the best gaming memories I've had came from playing the Halo games co-operatively with a friend. The fact that they'll finally have the first two games network co-op friendly is worth the price of admission in itself for me.

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
5. Re: Dreadnaught Trailer Oct 16, 2014, 21:37 Parias

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:57:
Dear lord... maybe a game to finally quell my Star Trek Bridge Commander thirst!

But... you don't command from a bridge? (Loved playing Bridge Commander from that view...)

This looks neat, but has a bit of a frantic "circle enemies and mash the power buttons" kind of feel to it which isn't entirely my thing. I'll probably give it a try anyways though.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
22. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 9, 2014, 23:54 Parias

Task wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 20:08:

Also if anyone does get this, do yourself a favor and play it with Japanese audio-english sub, some of the English dub is terrible, except for Lightning maybe, other characters sound whiney/stupid in English.

What're you talking about? The English dubs are some of the best I've heard out of any Final Fantasy game!

News Comments > Space Engineers Free Weekend
4. Re: Space Engineers Free Weekend Oct 9, 2014, 21:29 Parias

I've been waiting on the survival mechanics to get ramped up to really get into this with my LAN party buddies (co-op play in this could be neat, but we need more to do) - but they have started adding tons of automation features that make "AI-controlled" enemy ships a possibility. Someone even modded up an actual survival mission that pits your team against waves of enemy ships and challenges you to keep your base intact.

The latest patch also finally added some decent co-op mechanics for ships - the option for remote-controlled turrets means you can have multiple friends all manning different stations on your ship, controlling different turrets.

This game has a long way to go and is very much still pre-release, but it's getting there,

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
34. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 16:23 Parias

Task wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:23:
I reaaaaly hope they include oculus rift support late.r

There's a group on Reddit that's been trying to figure out a way to hack it into the game manually - seems there's still traces of Rift support in the retail executable.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 6, 2014, 19:19 Parias

Good to see Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising on that Humble Flash Bundle - it was a pretty cool mix between Battlezone (the RTS one) and the classic Carrier Command with a storyline narrated by Tom Baker to boot. Totally worth playing.  

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission
3. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission Sep 29, 2014, 13:26 Parias

This sounds really cool - I'm always down for a decent-looking co-op game. May see about getting my LAN group into this.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 12:57 Parias

No word on proper DK2 support yet? I was hoping they'd get it in for Beta 2...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer
1. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 12:41 Parias

They've changed the flight model quite a bit with this patch - ships are quite a bit less jumpy to fly now, and you don't have to switch modes in order to strafe around anymore (so you can basically fly the same way you do in Elite).

This is also the first introduction of some kind of co-operative play in the game (it's just basic arena / wave combat against AI drones, but it's a start) which I'm looking forward to trying out.

To this end, there's also new "friends list" functionality now for joining other people's sessions, though it's pretty hackish and terrible; they're working on making a proper friends list system for later builds.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 14:45 Parias

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:33:
Slick wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:20:
all i want is a twist-rudder, and on the throttle, a good thumb joy for lateral and vertical thrusting. that's it! no HOTAS setup has it. so infuriating. the warthog seems great, but no twist-rudder. and only the CH throttle seems to have a real thumb-joy akin to a console left analog stick. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills, how is this not a straightforward thing? instead we get 4 hat switches for your left index finger instead, it makes no sense!!!!

This is exactly my problem too. I have no idea what kind of setup people use, but in these games not having strafe not on the throttle controls makes absolutely no sense, and I have never seen a setup that has this either.

Really? What you're describing is EXACTLY how I use my Saitek x52 in Elite: Dangerous

The HAT switch at the front of the throttle is where I bind my lateral / vertical thrust functions. My finger naturally rests there while playing, and so it's easy to reach and activate. It works fantastic.

Is this the "4 HAT switches for your left index finger" that you were referring to, Slick? If so, why is using that such a problem? Like I said, it works perfect for me, but maybe it's just down to my own preference.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
29. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 15:14 Parias

DrSquick wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 15:01:
Am I missing something here? What is so exciting about a few new maps for the hanger? I watched the video, and it looks like it is just a room to store your ships. You log in, walk 10 feet to your ship, get in and leave.

Is it really a big deal if your hanger looks like an office building or the inside of a rock?

It relates to the game at large - the hangars are going to be the player's seamless portal to all other aspects of the game (walking around on planets, launching into space, customizing your ship, managing business and deals, etc). Right now it's all just framework; they haven't finished that content yet.

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
13. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 15:12 Parias

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 13:47:
Hell even better bring back Bridge Commander as a MMORPG with all the super sexy ship damage and... cuse me while I go express myself in the bedroom.....

What you're describing is exactly what I was hoping Star Trek Online would one day turn into. Such disappointment...

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
12. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 17:58 Parias

Orogogus wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 17:52:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 16:40:
even though that nostalgia was for a single player campaign-style game, not for an online-only free to play game.

Eh... if they had announced a singleplayer game with no multiplayer, I wouldn't have gone in at all unless it was like $20. Beat once, and never play it again; it's just a very poor value for money. I'd rather have both, but if there's an either/or choice I think a singleplayer-only 'Mech game is a non-starter.

Not for me though - I really enjoyed the singleplayer in the past Mechwarrior titles, and still dust them off every few months to give them a runthrough (even Mechwarrior 2).

But something that would really be needed is co-op play - that's what really helps encourage me to play through a game over and over again, as I can do it with my friends (and it helps me introduce new people to the kind of games I really enjoy). Just so long as it's story-driven and has good PvE action.. none of the pointless repetitive limited PvP crap that MWO has right now.

News Comments > Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks
4. Re: Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks Sep 9, 2014, 13:06 Parias

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:39:
This is great. They should do the same to Lost Planet Colonies and Lost Planet 2 which I love and are unplayable online.

Yes please! Lost Planet 2 is one of the best co-op games I've ever played, it would be a tragedy to have it permanently stuck behind GFWL.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
3. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 11:02 Parias

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:29:
This is one of the few things I backed back when KS was all the hype.
Me too and tbh I don't like the way the game turned out to be.
Find it more frustrating than fun to play.
Lesson learned.
It reminds me of Stracraft with "number of action per minute" and macros and build orders, bullshit

Can you go into a bit more detail? This might just be a personal preference thing, but it looks to me like this plays a lot like Supreme Commander / Total Annihilation did (which were awesome classics in my book, and I loved the "queued orders" playstyle), and I've been curious if this actually is the case.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today
4. Re: Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today Sep 4, 2014, 21:27 Parias

I've never played Dead Rising 2 in singleplayer because it was such an incredible amount of fucking fun in co-op play; I think that's actually the only correct way to do it. I couldn't imagine playing it in singleplayer.

We had such a hilarious time with it that we're badly looking forward to this one, since it apparently also has a co-op focus.

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
3. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 29, 2014, 22:43 Parias

Man, so disappointed. Strife was a pretty cool game. A sequel or re-imagining or something would be neat - definitely way better than yet another MOBA.  

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced
6. Re: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced Aug 29, 2014, 15:52 Parias

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:08:
Well there goes all the hope and dreams for the Freelancer remake.

By "Freelancer" I assume you mean "Freespace"? And it doesn't need a remake (the open source community has basically taken care of that) - it needs a third game, damnit!

Still, this is awesome.

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo