Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 393 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in December
3. Re: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in December Jul 23, 2014, 17:14 Parias

DangerDog wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 14:38:
looks cool but also a one and done play through, every time I play a coop game like this the rest of the party wants to treat it like a speedrun.

I think you're playing with the wrong kind people. When I played the original we had stupid amounts of fun in co-op and took our time through the game - I'm looking forward to this new one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Preorders & DLC
1. Re: Dead Rising 3 Preorders & DLC Jul 22, 2014, 19:14 Parias

Can't wait for this - Dead Rising 2's co-op was insanely fun and hilarious at LAN parties. I don't have an Xbox One so we've been waiting eagerly for the PC version of this to come out.  

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
6. Re: Rebellion Jul 10, 2014, 23:00 Parias

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 20:53:
The original was the best. I'm so attached to it I rebuilt the entire game following the Steam re-release.

That's freaking awesome - I loved the original AvP. Thanks for the link! Checking this out.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
15. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 22:48 Parias

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 10:53:
Since the coop doesn't do the story missions, that's kind of a wasted effort, shame.

Are you serious? What a god damned waste - I was looking forward to setting up with my friend at a LAN party and blowing through the whole game with him, but it sounds like that won't be possible. What the hell's the point then?

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
4. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jul 4, 2014, 02:12 Parias

Honestly, I got some enjoyment out of the Crysis games too. Bit of a shame to hear this.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
20. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 18:33 Parias

Kosumo wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 17:44:
so, how far has the multi player part of the Arena Commander DFM been? Have their been many people trying/playing it?

I'd love to know how good the netcode is, being that was why we where told it was delayed way back around Christmas.

It works about as good as Elite: Dangerous did for it's initial alpha release. As in, lots of weirdness and crashes, but shows lots of potential.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 15:52 Parias

Sweet! I like, at least conceptually. But, it being squad-based and all.. will it have co-op?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
7. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:44 Parias

Co-op would be freaking awesome with the diverse set of skills / talents these games usually have - having a couple of players working together, complementing each other's abilities would be awesome. I've always wanted co-op out of the Deus Ex games.

But that's assuming this is something they'd go for.

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
11. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 12:21 Parias

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 10:23:
Consolitis also prevents click-dragging or proper key-rebinding.

Wat. No - DX:HR absolutely allows you to rebind your keyboard keys.

And it absolutely does have drag-and-drop inventory management.

Are you referring to Deus Ex: The Fall instead (which does indeed have such limitations and is universally acclaimed as terrible)? Because that's a VERY different game than Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 16, 2014, 19:26 Parias

Yay Spintires! Co-operative multiplayer in it was hilarious to play over the weekend - it's a surprisingly fun game.  

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
4. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 12, 2014, 20:07 Parias

Nuts, Carmack was pretty much the only reason I still paid any attention at all to QuakeCon.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
26. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 15:51 Parias

Yeah, I'll admit too that I'm actually looking forward to Star Citizen a bit more just because it'll have a singleplayer, Wing Commander-styled campaign that I can play co-op with my friends (or so they promise). I have a hard time playing games over the long term if there's no major underlying purpose to drive me forward.

But you know what? I think Elite: Dangerous will still be cool and fun - enough so that I paid full amount for alpha access. I still feel E:D will have a lot to bring to the table, and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy having both it and SC on the market -- just for different reasons.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:36 Parias

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:01:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:29:
Far Cry 3 had co-op as well, but it was a separate part of the game. Unless they specifically say "Campaign Co-op", I will believe it's a bullshit side-game. SO many games tossed out "co-op!" on the package, only to find it meant something different from expected.

The FC4 trailer specifically says that it's drop-in co-op, and what it does is just deactivate the single player/campaign missions, but everything else is open. So the fortresses, hunts, etc. and all that stuff counts towards your completion.

More interesting is the news that, apparently, on the PS4, you can co-op FC4 with people who don't own the game.

That sounds kinda terrible actually. When I play proper campaign co-op games, I head over to my friend's place and we blow through the entire campaign together to enjoy the story, scripted events, etc.

If all that stuff is turned off in FC4, what's the point?

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
5. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 11:58 Parias

Gib007 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:48:
I loved Battlezone I and II myself. Indeed there has been nothing to replace it thus far, but it something did, or if they even made Battlezone III, everyone would think it was crap and the original was better. The market today is saturated and there's always the "sequel sucks" psychology.

It's a bit of a different setting, but Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising is the same sort of RTS / action game mix, with roughly the same kind of direct-ordering system for bossing your units around (or directly going into the action yourself).

It's also got a half-decent story to boot (narrated by Tom Baker!) and is worth a look if you were a Battlezone fan.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
17. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 15:15 Parias

JaguarUSF wrote on May 21, 2014, 09:18:
My video review is going up Friday (release day). It will be quite positive.

Can you give us any advance details on the co-op play? This is what I've been waiting to hear about for the game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2014, 14:00 Parias

I've always found the GOW games had decent campaign co-op, at the least. So long as they keep that functionality in, I'll keep playing.  

News Comments > Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming
5. Re: Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming May 12, 2014, 18:47 Parias

Orogogus wrote on May 12, 2014, 18:29:
Parias wrote on May 12, 2014, 18:06:
The Half Elf wrote on May 12, 2014, 17:40:
Still wish they'd port Halo 3 and Reach to the PC, alot of fun co-op.

Except that for every port of the Halo franchise to PC so far, they've somehow fucked up horribly and excluded any kind of co-op play whatsoever.

I agree, they should bring the games to PC - but get someone competent to do it please. Co-op's one of the only reasons I still dust off my consoles and boot the games up every now and then.

It's unfortunate but not that hard to understand. Halo 1 and 2 only local splitscreen co-op, on one machine -- they weren't passing any network packets around in co-op and nothing campaign-related really has to be synchronized. So putting in online co-op could easily be beyond the scope of a port job.

Well... OK, I'll give you that one. I'll admit I'm just personally pissed because (at least for Halo 1) they seemingly put a lot of development resources into making competitive online modes that I didn't care about instead of the co-op play I really wanted. I really thought it was a bad decision for the game and ruined a port I was really looking forward to ("at last - when it comes out on PC, I won't have to play co-op in split-screen anymore!").

And for Halo 2 I have no insight whatsoever into what their development mentality was for the port, other than just not giving a damn and trying to put it out with as little effort and investment as possible.

You're right though... there is quite a bit more work needed to get co-op play working over a network connection for a game that isn't designed for it originally. With Halo 3 and onwards all that functionality is at least already built in.

News Comments > Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming
3. Re: Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming May 12, 2014, 18:06 Parias

The Half Elf wrote on May 12, 2014, 17:40:
Still wish they'd port Halo 3 and Reach to the PC, alot of fun co-op.

Except that for every port of the Halo franchise to PC so far, they've somehow fucked up horribly and excluded any kind of co-op play whatsoever.

I agree, they should bring the games to PC - but get someone competent to do it please. Co-op's one of the only reasons I still dust off my consoles and boot the games up every now and then.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 7, 2014, 11:11 Parias

A shame about that Outcast remake - I hope they're still able to churn out something good.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
19. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 23:04 Parias

nimski wrote on May 2, 2014, 22:48:
{PH}88fingers wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:52:
it's not stop and play FPS for a while.

It's when you are boarding a ship to capture it, you and your friends will board the ship and have to kill the current owners of the ship and then take control of it. Killing them in FPS, inside the corridors of the ship etc.

Also, lets say you find an abandoned space station or whatever, you land your ship on it, get out walk around to explore, and another person has also landed on the other side and all of a sudden a FPS firefight breaks out as you run into each other both exploring the same station or planet etc. (or groups of players exploring together)

Ok.. that's cool and all, but what game are your friends playing when you decide to board the ship? They will be flying their own ships most likely. So everyone will need to stop and come do the boarding mini-game. I'm just trying to think of how this plays out in reality.

Why would everyone else need to stop? They'd still be flying their ships or doing whatever they want outside. That's half the point (and appeal) of the game - everything's seamlessly happening in the same general instance while you're flying around space, boarding ships, engaging in FPS combat, etc.

Don't think of this as a limited, linear space sim where everyone has to be stuck doing the same thing. If anything it's more like an FPS where everyone just happens to be using these ultra-detailed, ultra-customizable spaceships as vehicles that one can get in and out of at any time.

393 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo