Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 490 (Amateur)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
62. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 19:58 Parias

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 19:44:
Reading up on Star Marine that sounds a lot different than the original vision given. I recall, you can hit different body parts and that would affect the hitee. That you could miss and do damage to the ship and that would then need repair before it is too late. That you could sabotage someone at a docking station and steal their ship. Now it sounds like meet a station and do some un-attached PvP? Huh?

That's the long-term plan for the full, persistent-universe portion of the game once it's actually developed. The smaller-scale "Star Marine" concept is just the initial implementation of FPS combat to get things working and tested, just like what they're doing with "Arena Commander" for the space combat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
6. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 18:31 Parias

Sweet! This excites me in so many ways.  

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
3. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 29, 2015, 12:37 Parias

Totally - I've had some great LAN parties with this game too. The "Combined Arms" expansion in particular was a great choice because one of us can be dedicated to playing from an RTS-styled top-down view (or take direct control of ground vehicles) while other players handle all the complicated in-flight stuff for their own planes, working as one large combined force. It's insane amounts of fun.

Can't wait for DCS World 2.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
15. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 11:06 Parias

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:32:
I still say that they should put the video camera away, take the community managers off the grandstanding and put them to work on the game itself.

Put them to work doing what? They're community managers.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 17:50 Parias

Cool, glad multiplayer has been a consideration at least. I know focus for Fallout should be on the singleplayer experience with the limited time and resources they have, but with the diverse skill trees I've had a lot of dreams about one day doing co-op play in these games.

I wonder whatever happened to that multiplayer mod someone was making for Skyrim?

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
3. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 15:57 Parias

Kajetan wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 15:19:
I'm glad Epic just didnt shut them down after EA was not very impressed with Bulletstorms sales performance, canceling all plans for Bulletstorm 2.

Which I found annoying -- I don't know if I'm in some strange minority or not, but I actually really enjoyed Bulletstorm. I hope we can still get a sequel one of these days somehow.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video
17. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Jun 21, 2015, 01:01 Parias

Fantaz wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 22:32:
wow, looks much better. why play GTA when you can play this?

Different gameplay styles and different design intentions. Why not play both?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 22:55 Parias

So this has full campaign co-op play? Hell, I'll definitely be playing this then -- I can't recall the last CoD game that actually had campaign co-op (I don't think any of them did). It's about fucking time.  

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
11. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 16, 2015, 16:04 Parias

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 13:43:
Yeah, this is disappointing. I get what they're going for, but it's not working for me at all.

Has their every been a game that followed up on the hybrid FPS/RTS model that the late 90s Battlezones implemented so well? There have been tower defense versions, like Orcs Must Die, but nothing with the kind of open world freedom that 1998 Battlezone had.

You want Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. Narrated by Tom Baker, no less!

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
3. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 16, 2015, 13:04 Parias

Damn, I was really hoping for a follow-up to the action/RTS hybrid versions of the game as well - the ones which had an actual storyline to them and extremely cool gameplay.

Maybe one of these days...

I might check this out, but pretty disappointed so far.

News Comments > Mad Max Story Trailer
5. Re: Mad Max Story Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 19:21 Parias

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 17:43:
I76 still had the best feel for driving physics of any driving game IMO.

"The Unicorn requires sanctuary."

"Hey Stampede - How about a poem?"

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay at E3
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay at E3 Jun 7, 2015, 17:51 Parias

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 13:44:
Man, I can't wait for e3! It's xmas for gamers! What's under the tree?!

Probably more stuff like this.

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
11. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 2, 2015, 11:05 Parias

Slick wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:55:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 22:01:
I haven't really had any matchmaking issues at all, and my friend and I play just fine.

by "just fine" do you mean that you've figured out how to join a populated "server" as a party with your friend? or are you just referring to having to to start your own lobby from scratch, then spam strangers invites for 15 minutes until you have 4 people to have a circle jerk with?

But let's be honest, 1 of those 4 will disconnect or desync during loading, and you'll all play stareat clouds for the next 5 minutes.

I really regret buying this, should have pirated it. I already bought it for PS4, there was no reason to give them another full AAA game admission ticket to this garbage online.

Honestly, I just pair up with three other friends I can trust and we've had a crapload of fun doing heists - probably the most fun we've had in any co-op game in awhile. If you have access to a decent group of people rather than just random internet strangers, the game works great.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
2. Re: Overwatch Video May 27, 2015, 18:17 Parias

Is it really that huge of a deal? I don't really mind it so much if it goes with the art style - seems to fit OK here.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
4. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 21, 2015, 13:49 Parias

Shineyguy wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:45:
nin wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:40:
Parias wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:30:
Hell yes! I loved Carmageddon 1 / 2 so much back in the day.

I heard the prior beta versions had some performance problems though -- have they fixed them yet?

I tried it again a few months ago and it was still severely piggish. I don't have very high expectations...

Beta ran awesome for me. i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz, 16gb ram, GTX 780 SLI 2560x1440 all maxed out (I don't use AA, or enable only lowest FXAA).

Sounds good to me - I've got a pair of R9 290's so it sounds like I don't have to worry too much about performance then. Will probably pick this up.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
1. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 21, 2015, 13:30 Parias

Hell yes! I loved Carmageddon 1 / 2 so much back in the day.

I heard the prior beta versions had some performance problems though -- have they fixed them yet?

News Comments > Overwatch Video
8. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 11:02 Parias

Wow, the diverse characters make this look kinda fun - I like the art style too, and the way the different first person animations give each character a different feel.

Might be one of the first competitive FPS games in awhile that I'll actually take seriously.

News Comments > Visceral's Han Solo Game?
7. Re: Visceral's Han Solo Game? May 9, 2015, 20:39 Parias

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 9, 2015, 19:09:
I somewhat agree... Dead Space 2 was amazing, Dead Space 3 was a big step backwards though. Why oh why, with all these amazing crafting options, are we limited to two guns in DS3, when DS1 and 2 allowed 4 guns each with 2 modes of fire? Etc. etc.

On the other hand, putting co-op play into Dead Space 3 the way they did was a really cool move - I keep booting it up every few months to go through it with a friend just because it's so much fun.

As for this Star Wars game... why can't they bring back 1313?

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer
6. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer May 7, 2015, 22:58 Parias

thecakeisalie wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:15:
It's a very fun turn-based miniature game in real life. I've got the boxed set and an Imperial Navy fleet for the odd time I can actually find someone to play.

However, I'm not sure how well this is going to translate into a RTS. The rule set is designed from the ground-up to be a very complicated and tactical TURN-BASED system. Giving Battlefleet: Gothic the Homeworld treatment could backfire spectacularly. I don't think making it into an RTS is going to satisfy the purists and if it's not done well enough, it will turn off casual gamers from ever gaining an interest in the real life game (which is probably Games Workshop's hope).

I agree the trailer is pretty underwhelming. It would have been nice if they'd shown a close up the Chaos fleet or maybe a Nova Cannon firing or something or some fighter and bomber wings launching from one of the ships.

Forgive me as I only have basic knowledge of the tabletop 40k games, but didn't Relic do a pretty good job with the Warhammer franchise with the Dawn of War games? They took the universe and made a pretty decent RTS out of it. Although their stuff was all ground combat and didn't involve any of the space battle components.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 22:17 Parias

PHJF wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:35:
Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing.

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

My LAN party of four had some initial problems, but then I found the option to start a closed / private session (go into story mode first, then choose the online option) which made multiplayer mode load instantly and resolved almost all of our issues.

After that, heist missions between the four of us were no problem - and also an insane amount of fucking fun.

490 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo