Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Furious

Real Name Furious   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 6, 2002, 14:48
Total Comments 616 (Apprentice)
User ID 12607

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Painkiller SP Demo
98. Re: Furious Feb 18, 2004, 09:20 Furious

*throws bloody lung at Furious*

Stop pummeling me!!! It hurts!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Painkiller SP Demo
92. HOLY CRAP Feb 17, 2004, 21:35 Furious

Holy phuck!!! I haven't laughed this hard playing a demo in almost 10 YEARS!! This game TOTALLY cracks my shit up, those weapons are absolutley the coolest I have seen in a game since DOOM 1/2. I love that grappling hook thing you fire at the MOBS and it flings it (the MOB) back over your head. And the Stake Gun just absolutely rocks! And the atmosphere is just sooo old school, it's been a LONG time, thats all I can say. I'm sold, I'll be waiting in line the first day it comes out. I haven't been this excited about a game since.. christ I can't even remember. UT2k... what???

News Comments > SWON Postmortem
20. Re: Yup Feb 17, 2004, 15:44 Furious

Hey Larry, how about you smack Lucasarts over the head so they'll let you update the XWing/TIE series again? I'm sure you're bored of it, but at least it'll sell (and I'll be happy). What da ya say?

Funny, I was just talking to a co-worker early this morning about the very same idea, redo Xwing and Tie Fighter with todays graphics with some innovations. What would actually be cool is merging both series into an 'Allegience' type game where players could dogfight over control of sectors etc. online. Just a thought...

Edit:
And with the Allegience source code released maybe some l33t Mod crew will make an Alligience style Star Wars game...

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 15:57.

News Comments > Thief Movie?
40. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 22:11 Furious

True, but when you first see him as Strider... Dead ringer for Garet.

Totally agree. If they can get that 'feel', like Strider in the Pub with his cloak, then it'll look kick arse.

News Comments > Thief Movie?
37. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 21:31 Furious

Who would be good for the role would be Viggo Mortenson. The guy who played Arigorn in LOTR.

No... because he would seem to much like Arigorn.... again.

News Comments > English Sacred Demo
20. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2004, 21:28 Furious

Jeez, the intro screens water effects are cool by itself. The game was ok, I would prefer that the camera be able to rotate around the character (unless it already can) ala NWN seeing that it is 3D. I'll play it a bit more and see if it'll grow on me. It looks good but right now I have to give it a 'Meh'.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: UT2004 Feb 16, 2004, 14:02 Furious

I think you mean Star Wars: Battlefront.

Oops, yes, thanks for the correction. I'll have to check out this Galatic Conquest game (oh yeah, the BF 1942 MOD).

Personally, I want Star Wars: Republic Commando better than that

I was looking forward to that also but PC Gamer painted a not so compelling picture of how it is going to play. Something like it's you (as the lead character) and two other Clone Troopers WHO CAN NEVER DIE (the other two troopers that is). Just sounds stupid, if it's true.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 14:17.

News Comments > English Sacred Demo
4. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2004, 13:38 Furious

Ok, after playing it. If you are a Diablo fan, TRY THIS!

Huh, I'll have to give it a go. Interesting how these games creep in, I have never even heard of this game till now.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: UT2004 Feb 16, 2004, 13:03 Furious

Yeah, Onslaught is cool but I just don't like the vehicle controls at all. Physics etc. aside, it's the worst control implementation of vehicles I have seen to date. I went way out of my way to try and get used to it but it just feels very unnatural. PC Gamer will have a big article about Tribes Vengence next month, I'll have to see what they say and then I'll determine who gets my money. My FY 2K4 game wish list goes HL2 (and it's MODS), Doom3, Star Wars Battlegrounds, and probably one more which will either be Tribes Vengence or equiv (like maybe onslaught if T:V sucks). I'd like to see UT2K4's UI have a vehicle setup page to allow you to disable the mouse if you are driving and such (or is there one to do so?).

News Comments > Valentine's Previews
2. Re: Star Wars. Feb 16, 2004, 10:13 Furious

The latest copy of PC Gamer has a pretty good run down of Republic Commando so if your interested in the game you may want to check out the article. After reading the PC Gamer article I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not, it isn't what I thought it would be.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo
193. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2004, 13:23 Furious

because physics is physics is physics

I agree, you can't rip off physics. I do have to admit that onslaught is kind of cool, I played a bit this morning and had a couple of good laughs.

191. Re: This game is a joke. Feb 15, 2004, 09:06 Furious

blatantly ripped off Bungie's vehicle designs and physics.

On top of that I think Halo's vehicle control is much better. I know when I first played Halo MP vehicle control was w->accelerate, s->brake/slow down and mouse to steer. Was very easy to pick up. The mouse movement in UT2K4 sends my PoV all over the place disorienting me when using the vehicles in UT2K4. Maybe there are settings to change this but as it stands the vehicle control in Halo is much better than UT2K4.

185. Re: Meh Feb 13, 2004, 18:45 Furious

Rebates do. Epic is offering one.

Do you know the details of the rebate offer by chance?

News Comments > Linux UT2004 Demo
19. Re: Awesome Feb 13, 2004, 18:43 Furious

Big kudos to Epic for that

Nope, big Kudos to the MOD team that did the UT2K3 Assault modules. The MOD team did the indicator telling you which way to go on the Assault maps, EPIC simply copied them as they are good at being behind the curve these days. I do agree though, it does make it easier.

183. Re: Meh Feb 13, 2004, 13:21 Furious

I guess I am glad I waited and eventually skipped UT2003 then

You are correct. If you buy UT2K4 you'll now be getting what was supposed to be UT2K3 and it'll be worth the $40. And if you've already purchased UT2K3 your hoping EPIC throws you a bone and makes it an expansion price product. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 13:54.

181. Meh Feb 13, 2004, 12:38 Furious

I tried the demo last night for about 3 hours. Tried the re-inserted Assault mode and newly added Onslaught mode. Onslaught mode was fun for about 30 minutes but had that "been there, done that" feel to it. After playing it for a bit I came to the conclusion that I didn't need to waste my time trying the typical CTF, DM or Bombing run as this is exactly the same as UT2K3 but with vehicles (much like I thought it would be).

Pros: Now has vehicles, assault mode is back (was modded in UT2K3, never should have been left out anyways) and adds Onslaught which is fun for about a half-hour. Bots do a pretty good job (they always have). Finally feels like a complete game.

Cons: It's UT2K3... again. Which makes sense seeing that it is based on the same technology, but it's uninspiring and down right boring once you get over the newness of the vehicles (which is quick if you've played Tribes 2 or Halo).

Summary: I'd be first in line at COMPusa if this game was released a year ago as UT2K3. It's just a day late and a dollar short. This is an obvious expansion to UT2K3 and should be sold as such. I would definetly buy this game for $20 (after paying $30 for UT2K3 already) and I would at least feel like I finally got a complete game. UT2K4 definetly does not suck, it is what it is, a vehicle add-on to UT2K3.

News Comments > Linux UT2004 Demo
4. Better game Feb 13, 2004, 11:25 Furious

I tried the demo last night for about 3 hours. Tried the re-inserted Assault mode and newly added Onslaught mode. Onslaught mode was fun for about 30 minutes but had that "been there, done that" feel to it. After playing it for a bit I came to the conclusion that I didn't need to waste my time trying the typical CTF, DM or Bombing run as this is exactly the same as UT2K3 but with vehicles (much like I thought it would be).

Pros: Now has vehicles, assault mode is back (was modded in UT2K3, never should have been left out anyways) and adds Onslaught which is fun for about a half-hour. Bots do a pretty good job (they always have). Finally feels like a complete game.

Cons: It's UT2K3... again. Which makes sense seeing that it is based on the same technology, but it's uninspiring and down right boring once you get over the newness of the vehicles (which is quick if you've played Tribes 2 or Halo).

Summary: I'd be first in line at COMPusa if this game was released a year ago as UT2K3. It's just a day late and a dollar short. This is an obvious expansion to UT2K3 and should be sold as such. I would definetly buy this game for $20 (after paying $30 for UT2K3 already) and I would at least feel like I finally got a complete game. UT2K4 definetly does not suck, it is what it is, a vehicle add-on to UT2K3.

News Comments > A.I.M. Demo
4. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2004, 10:50 Furious

Looks different, which is great in this day and age of cloned out FPS games. I'll definetly give this demo a try.

News Comments > Mythica Cancelled
1. Wow... Feb 12, 2004, 21:18 Furious

Now that's a surprise. That MMO sounded good too.. oh well.

News Comments > Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion
6. Re: Proof-reading PR releases... Feb 12, 2004, 14:43 Furious

OMG! Another MMO that makes you pay a monthly fee and makes you pay for expansions... where's the outrage... Halsy?

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 16:10.

616 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo